• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix Germany Hinting at Localization for Kingdom Hearts X[chi]?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

It's been a long time since any news has surfaced regarding a possible release of Kingdom Hearts X[chi] for the western audience. Although plans to incorporate English text into the existing Japanese version were found in the source code long ago over a year ago, it has yet to become a reality. Combine that with Siliconera's discovery that a previous attempt to localize Kingdom Hearts X[chi] through Playdom - a social game network owned by Disney Interactive - had failed, the future did not look bright.

Still, the fans continued pushing onwards, particularly through the Twitter movement #ChiToTheWest, using the social network to raise awareness and encourage the community to express their interest in the game.

Perhaps it is because of #ChiToTheWest that the long-awaited localization of Kingdom Hearts X[chi] may finally become a reality?

Square Enix Germany posted a image from Kingdom Hearts X[Chi] earlier today, depicting a card, otherwise known as a Fragment, being acquired. 

The caption below says,

KINGDOM HEARTS FOREVER <3 <3 

Was es mit dem Post auf sich hat? ...einfach nur so, musste mal gesagt werden.

Which roughly translates to,

KINGDOM HEARTS FOREVER <3 <3

What this Post is all about? ...Just had to be said.

What do you think this could mean? Is it a hint of things to come? Or perhaps just an accident caused by someone coincidentally unfamiliar with the image that they used? Let us know!

For more information about Kingdom Hearts X[chi], please check out the fourth episode of our Kingdom Hearts Mysteries collaboration with Gametrailers as we discuss the importance the game holds, and drop by to chat with our dedicated Chi community!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Can it be!? Did #ChitotheWest actually work and we might be getting the game???

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Well, that is undoubtedly a Fragment. My first thought was "It's just an announcement for some new Chi content" but then I realized this is the German Square page, not Japan. So, yeah. The hell would SE Germany be posting cryptic messages about KH Chi for?

144360-Ron-Paul-its-happening-gif-img-BY8j.gif

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Oh, I sure hope that this means localization (although hopefully they announce it before E3 so they don't use it as one of their "announcements" there). I really enjoyed what I played in Japanese, even though I understood practically nothing about it. However, I've been holding off since because I wanted a localization/my current laptop can't handle it right now.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Oh, I sure hope that this means localization (although hopefully they announce it before E3 so they don't use it as one of their "announcements" there). I really enjoyed what I played in Japanese, even though I understood practically nothing about it. However, I've been holding off since because I wanted a localization/my current laptop can't handle it right now.

I know what you mean. I always get the feeling that my laptop is going to blow up every time I try to run it. Miraculously, my work PC seems to have no trouble at all (good thing my boss doesn't care about my internet usage lol).

I double-checked the game as well; that image is from the sequence that plays during a Card Draw. While I think it's very strange for the Germany branch of all people to be the one to leak it, I'm certainly not going to discount it especially with it being so close to E3~

FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT #CHITOTHEWEST STARTED HERE AT KHI <3

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I hope this means localization in NA too. Maybe not, but I can't wait to play this game. If I had a twitter I'd #ChiToTheWest too but unfortunately I don't. I'll gladly take credit if its localized however!

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Yay I can't believe it's finally being localized. Although it seems to be a mystery whether it'll be browser based or for smartphones.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I know what you mean. I always get the feeling that my laptop is going to blow up every time I try to run it. Miraculously, my work PC seems to have no trouble at all (good thing my boss doesn't care about my internet usage lol).

That actually makes me feel better knowing I am not the only one who has that problem with it lol. I just hope that doesn't mean that, when I eventually get my new laptop for g̶a̶m̶e̶s̶ school, it's not able to run the (potential) localization, whenever it comes out.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Does this game have guilds, if so we better start preparing one I'll be ambassador terra-xehamog

e3 pls come, pls have ps4 port that can communicate with PC servers.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Chi is the only social game, besides the Simpsons Tapped Out, that managed to keep my attention for more than a month. If this is happening, goodbye world

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

My thoughts exactly. Chi being localized is cool and all, but that to me is like a "Cool! What else?" type of announcement. So, if it's revealed prior to E3, then with FFXV having a minimal presence as well, then leaves more and more room open for bigger announcements, both for KH and others.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They can have it at E3 (maybe during their PC conference?) and still have other surprises :)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Oh chaser. That ":)". What are you trying to do with my emotions, dragging my heart along with hints of what's to come.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Oh chaser. That ":)". What are you trying to do with my emotions, dragging my heart along with hints of what's to come.
I can say a whole lot of lies, but as long as I use ":)" you believe it.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

This post is a national treasure and should be treated as such.

what is the possibility of a way to transfer data from Japanese version or get bonuses for English language version for the early adopters who didn't wait for localization?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back