• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix Germany Hinting at Localization for Kingdom Hearts X[chi]?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
what is the possibility of a way to transfer data from Japanese version or get bonuses for English language version for the early adopters who didn't wait for localization?
I trust Square to let people use the same sign in information for the game.... If they don't then that would be truly disappointing, especially to those who have paid real money and worked so hard on their Japanese accounts.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Imo microtransactions in video gaming can gtfo so I agree that people who've spent money should be able to reap the benefits and not take a loss.

do you think it'll be on track with the JP version or be similar to launch day?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Nope. They just announced the possibility that they may be announcing an announcement.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
what is the possibility of a way to transfer data from Japanese version or get bonuses for English language version for the early adopters who didn't wait for localization?

There simply must be a way for them to make that possible. Some have spent years playing the Japanese Chi, it would be horrible to start all over.
Usually, games that have a previous version and an updated version accept data transfer and give bonuses for previously playing that game, I think that's how it could work for Chi too...

gee, should I now put a ChiToTheWest tag somewhere, everywhere? would it matter now that it's hinted they started this?

sullenclown

Awards
I trust Square to let people use the same sign in information for the game.... If they don't then that would be truly disappointing, especially to those who have paid real money and worked so hard on their Japanese accounts.

This begs the question then, should Chi is indeed released in English, would the people in the forum remain in the Japanese game or transfer to the English game without being able to transfer their progress?

Xelon99

Awards
I just hope the western version will be in English as well then... and not be exclusive to Germany and Japan then. I am better at Japanese than German, even though they're my neighbour country.... oops.

MidouriPlays

This is amazing news! While it doesn't say we could be getting an English release, it's still cool how they may be getting ready to localize the game! Hopefully as well we'll be able to transfer our data. But if not, I'll just play both at once XD

Rizziano

Well, looks like that post has been deleted from the Square Enix DE Facebook page...how suspicious lol maybe that post was released earlier than it was suppose to, or was not supposed to be posted to begin with :confused: I agree with some of the others in this forum, in that if the localisation of X Chi was the smartphone game that Nomura mentioned, then it would seem unecessary to reveal it at E3, an online reveal via YouTube or a SquareEnixPresents video would be more than sufficient (given the nature of the game and its influence on the market). That way, E3 could be used to focus on Kingdom Hearts 3 and, I'm hoping like crazy, a Kingdom Hearts HD Collection for PS4 :)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well, looks like that post has been deleted from the Square Enix DE Facebook page...how suspicious lol
While it would have been ideal if the post wasn't deleted, this at least assures us that something will definitely be coming. Why else make a post using KH x art and cryptic messages (although the cryptic message did worked in their favour to generate hype).

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Very interesting, I hope we'll see an international version soon. It' still very strange that this was announced from the German branch of SE. In my opinion that means it's no simple browser game anymore but something different (like a separate mobile/PSVita port) since I can't point to a single browser game from SE that offers EFIGS support (or even only EFG support like it was done for DDD).

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
Ooh, Square-Enix... you tease. =3=

It'd be great if it was at long last getting a localization; I think it's been long overdue. I'd love to play Chi, as well; I'd play the Japanese version we have already, but I want to be able to understand the game without the use of translation guides and whatnot (no offence to the lovely people who work hard on those!).

So, fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back