• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix Germany Hinting at Localization for Kingdom Hearts X[chi]?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

serenefire

Awards
I'm inclined to take the role of skeptic. I still feel that if it was going to happen, it already would have happened. And the post being taken down doesn't mean it was actually indicative of anything; it could very easily have been taken down to try to quell the excitement of people like us because there ISN'T a localized version in the works. Maybe someone at SE Germany just thought that was a super rad screen grab. (;

To other various suppositions in this thread, for what it's worth... I think Chi would work marvelously as a mobile game. I play it on my phone with the Puffin browser (it's less than idea, but it works), but if it were optimized for smartphone, I actually think that could be better than the PC version.

Also, I highly, highly, HIGHLY doubt there would be any sort of data transfer available for people who have been playing the JP version. Any kind of data transfer would have to nerf existing accounts by huge amounts, and would still probably be too large an advantage over new players. Personally, if Chi is localized, I don't foresee switching over to the new version. I might play it just to view the in-game, English story missions, but my primary play time will stay with my existing account. I've put way too much time into this thing to abandon it.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
The European side of Square Enix leaks a lot of information.
Yes, but in this case it means that a potential localized version of [chi] will also be in German, and that's highly unusual for a browser game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm inclined to take the role of skeptic. I still feel that if it was going to happen, it already would have happened. And the post being taken down doesn't mean it was actually indicative of anything; it could very easily have been taken down to try to quell the excitement of people like us because there ISN'T a localized version in the works. Maybe someone at SE Germany just thought that was a super rad screen grab. (;

To other various suppositions in this thread, for what it's worth... I think Chi would work marvelously as a mobile game. I play it on my phone with the Puffin browser (it's less than idea, but it works), but if it were optimized for smartphone, I actually think that could be better than the PC version.

Also, I highly, highly, HIGHLY doubt there would be any sort of data transfer available for people who have been playing the JP version. Any kind of data transfer would have to nerf existing accounts by huge amounts, and would still probably be too large an advantage over new players. Personally, if Chi is localized, I don't foresee switching over to the new version. I might play it just to view the in-game, English story missions, but my primary play time will stay with my existing account. I've put way too much time into this thing to abandon it.

Why would they screengrab from a Japanese-only social game that neither looks like KH at first glance or come from a moment that fans would be familiar with if that was the intention?

Why would Germany even care about a Japanese-only social game and have a screenshot of it to use in the first place?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Well this was unexpected! *high pitched squees*
While I've always wanted to play chi I didn't think I'd be so excited about a localization. And the post being taken down only proves that we're gettin' something chi. This is too exciting! Now I just have to hope it's a browser game and not a smartphone game.

Last edited:

serenefire

Awards
Why would they screengrab from a Japanese-only social game that neither looks like KH at first glance or come from a moment that fans would be familiar with if that was the intention?

Why would Germany even care about a Japanese-only social game and have a screenshot of it to use in the first place?

To your second point, I care about a Japanese-only social game, and don't speak/read a word of Japanese. I could have a screenshot of that screen, why couldn't someone at SE Germany?

To your first point, I think it looks like KH -- there are two instances of the KH heart logo on the back of the card. I'll admit that I have a bias toward recognizing it, though, so it's hard for me to tell what others would see. As to why? No clue.

I'm mostly just trying to advocate that people lower their expectations, just in case. I know the lack of Chi localization has been a sore spot for a lot of KH fans, and this smells of yet another potential disappointment.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It is highly unprofessional for someone who is controlling the social media for a major game company to upload a picture just because they felt liked it. There are a thousand better "super rad screen grabs" from that game, but those screens would give away a lot. The back of the card that contained the crown gives out enough knowledge - the crown shows it's for Kingdom Hearts, the art style is Chi. It was their way of showing us something would down right confirming it (which has now turned into another case of released too early).

In regards to your part where you say that if a localised version of Chi was to happen it would have happened already, Playdom was originally going to localise Chi. This was stopped because Playdom, a social network company owned by Disney Interactive, was shut down.

Yes, but in this case it means that a potential localized version of [chi] will also be in German, and that's highly unusual for a browser game.
Whoever they've hired to deal with the localisation might deal with translating games into multi-languages. It could just be the game in English and it would be playable in Germany as well. Germany has leaked English details for Square games before.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
To your second point, I care about a Japanese-only social game, and don't speak/read a word of Japanese. I could have a screenshot of that screen, why couldn't someone at SE Germany?

To your first point, I think it looks like KH -- there are two instances of the KH heart logo on the back of the card. I'll admit that I have a bias toward recognizing it, though, so it's hard for me to tell what others would see. As to why? No clue.

I'm mostly just trying to advocate that people lower their expectations, just in case. I know the lack of Chi localization has been a sore spot for a lot of KH fans, and this smells of yet another potential disappointment.

Because they work at SE. They can be fans, but work comes first and foremost. The reputation and image of the company is represented by them. It is not only a risk to their job to misrepresent SE by posting something like this that does not represent their current body of localized works, but also a risk to the reputation of SE because SE DE represents the company.

And yes, that is a bias. A fan who has no idea what chi is would not recognize that card and at best you can make the guess it might be Kingdom Hearts but that is no emblem ever used in the main series.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wow, they actually deleted it. Even though Square Enix doesn't exactly have a reputation of just laughing off a mistake or accident on social networks, it does say a lot that they've decided to get rid of it altogether.

Bobjam

Awards
Wow, they actually deleted it. Even though Square Enix doesn't exactly have a reputation of just laughing off a mistake or accident on social networks, it does say a lot that they've decided to get rid of it altogether.

Reminiscent slightly of all the infamous Bill Farmer tweets about kh3 releasing this year that got swiftly removed too once SE got wind of it.

Antar

Awards
If chi gets localized then I'll HAVE to play it. But I don't know if that's a good thing or not, I'm not a big fan of these kind of online games...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Reminiscent slightly of all the infamous Bill Farmer tweets about kh3 releasing this year that got swiftly removed too once SE got wind of it.

(Bill still believes in KH3 and isn't afraid to say it xD )

If chi gets localized then I'll HAVE to play it. But I don't know if that's a good thing or not, I'm not a big fan of these kind of online games...

They aren't that bad. You spend 30 min playing a day, move on to other things. It is less about the game as much as it is about building a sense of community with your union and party members. If you like the idea of being able to team up with other people to work towards a common goal for fun, then it is not that bad of a thing.

Talk to some chi players and get an idea about the game.

Bobjam

Awards
(Bill still believes in KH3 and isn't afraid to say it xD )

Wait, has he still been tweeting about to people since that day his original tweets got taken down? =0 They need to let him go up on stage at E3 and just confirm either way in Goofy voice. That would be prime.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wait, has he still been tweeting about to people since that day his original tweets got taken down? =0 They need to let him go up on stage at E3 and just confirm either way in Goofy voice. That would be prime.

He has, and also in podcasts/interviews he participates in with other websites. It's bizarre.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
It's too bad Roxas and Neku aren't in the game and require VAing, otherwise we could count on one of the Jesse's to leak us a confirmation.

Bobjam

Awards
He has, and also in podcasts/interviews he participates in with other websites. It's bizarre.

Wow, I am surprised I haven't see any sneaky reports about it. I mean I know it's non-news and SE have refuted it officially but still. Something has got be there with what he said. SE have waiting a long time these last 6 months to announce any kh related new. The reliance on leaks getting is painful.

Jaredcr

I don't really think this means anything. Like, as much as I want KHx to come to the Western regions, this Facebook post doesn't really back it up. It just seems merely people getting antsy and jumping to a conclusion.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I don't really think this means anything. Like, as much as I want KHx to come to the Western regions, this Facebook post doesn't really back it up. It just seems merely people getting antsy and jumping to a conclusion.

But then that raises the question - why else would the German division of SE post about a Japan-only KH browser game? It's not a confirmation, of course, but it also wouldn't really make sense for German SE to post about this KH game in particular when it's currently Japan-only.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So suppose this is actually a thing - what format would you prefer a localization of Chi to be? To be able to play the original game itself in English? To be recreated in HD cinematic theater? Or something else?

I know most of us have previously expressed interest in the KH3D HD + Chi Theater + KH3 demo hype train especially after seeing the Type-0 HD + XV demo, but has that changed recently?

I'm still holding out for the theater personally, though I'm curious as to what the player character will look like if we go down that road lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back