• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus' Game of Chess

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Who knows, but I was thinking #7 looks sort of like Marluxia's scythe without the blade. Maybe the crossed swords are Larxene's knives? (I doubt it, but it's hard to see that one clearly.)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Go figure that someone who'll 1 day have Spock's voice plays a weird ass version of chess.

Anagram

Banned
Now begs the question is this chess scene their actual past or is it some symbolic mind game between Eraqus and Xehanort who were both in Terras body? Something that has still yet to be explained or even shown where they are in terms of whereabouts. (Terra & Eraqus that is)

Denevv

Going on this chess piece theory we should try and determine which two pieces are captured in the scene they showed. Both Eraqus and Xehanort captured a piece figuring out which ones those two were could reveal how all of these coincidences are connected..

KeybladeOrder

Awards
I made a chart:
Chess%20Pieces%20KHIII.png

Xehanort:
  1. Goat/Dragon (Xehnort's Keyblade)
  2. Ecplise (Sun & Moon, Axel/Lea & Saïx/Isa?)
  3. ?
  4. Dices
  5. Xehanort's Guardian
  6. Vanitas
  7. ?
  8. Six pointed star, unusual since most stars in Kingdom Hearts are only five pointed
  9. ?
  10. Two crossed swords
  11. hour glass
  12. ?

Eraqus:
  1. Crown (Sora)
  2. Empty Heartless symbol (Riku), although the lower part resembles Eraqus'/Terra'/Ventus'/Aqua's symbol
  3. ?
  4. Mickey head
  5. Wayfinder (Naminé's star charm)
  6. ?
  7. ?
On the Light side, 7 is the keychain for Ventus's Keyblade, 6 appears to be one of Lea's Chakrams, and is it just me, or does 3 resemble parts of the Twilight Town clock tower (representing either Roxas or Xion, but most likely Roxas):
Train_Station_%28Art%29.png
Hint: Look at the arms of the tower where the bells are, more specifically the triangle bits and the tips of the arms.

EternalDream

Alright, time to compare some stuff.

Piece 1 : Sora's Crown
- This one is obvious.

Piece 2 : Riku's Way to Dawn Keychain
- Likewise.

Piece 3 : Ends of the Earth Keychain
- Looks identical. Question is, how is Terra back on the light side?
Ends_of_the_Earth_Keychain_KHBBS.png

Piece 4 : Mickey head
- Self explanatory.

Piece 5 : Kairi's Wayfinder or Destiny's Embrace keychain
- Either works. It could also be Namine's star charm but I dont believe namine would be on an important board of chess like this.

Piece 6 : Stormfall Keychain
- I thought these were Lea's chakrams first, but on closer inspection, it looks very much like Aqua's keychain. And she is one of the major candidates for being a Light, as she's the only one of the TAV trio that's still very much in action...just trapped in the World of Darkness.
Stormfall_Keychain_KHBBS.png

Piece 7 : Wayward Wind Keychain
- Ventus being a Light is pretty much a given at this point.
Wayward_Wind_Keychain_KHBBS.png

So that means we hav Sora, Riku, Kairi, Ventus, Aqua, Terra, and Mickey as our 7 guardians of light...

On the topic of terra, there were two pieces with the Ends of the Earth keychain, but YX takes one of them with the crossed swords piece. Likely signifying the defeat of Terra at the end of BBS.

Since in chess, you place the pieces you take in some sort of backrow, that means YX has one of Terra's pieces : Terranort.
Likewise, Eraqus has one of Vanitas's pieces, though I'm not sure what this means. The taking of the piece obviously points at the defeat of Vanitas at the end of BBS, but is Vanitas a part of Ventus again? Then perhaps Xehanort's remaining Vanitas piece is a time travelling version.

Axel92

Awards
Yeah 3 is so familiar. I cannot remember where or when, but I've already seen it.
And reminds me of Roxas.
However I'm trying to understand what is in the first scenes the dark piece next to Eraqus.

EternalDream

Alright, time to compare some stuff.

Piece 1 : Sora's Crown
- This one is obvious.

Piece 2 : Riku's Way to Dawn Keychain
- Likewise.

Piece 3 : Ends of the Earth Keychain
- Looks identical. Question is, how is Terra back on the light side?

Piece 4 : Mickey head
- Self explanatory.

Piece 5 : Kairi's Wayfinder or Destiny's Embrace keychain
- Either works. It could also be Namine's star charm but I dont believe namine would be on an important board of chess like this.

Piece 6 : Stormfall Keychain
- I thought these were Lea's chakrams first, but on closer inspection, it looks very much like Aqua's keychain. And she is one of the major candidates for being a Light, as she's the only one of the TAV trio that's still very much in action...just trapped in the World of Darkness.

Piece 7 : Wayward Wind Keychain
- Ventus being a Light is pretty much a given at this point.
Wayward_Wind_Keychain_KHBBS.png

So that means we hav Sora, Riku, Kairi, Ventus, Aqua, Terra, and Mickey as our 7 guardians of light...

On the topic of terra, there were two pieces with the Ends of the Earth keychain, but YX takes one of them with the crossed swords piece. Likely signifying the defeat of Terra at the end of BBS.

Since in chess, you place the pieces you take in some sort of backrow, that means YX has one of Terra's pieces : Terranort.
Likewise, Eraqus has one of Vanitas's pieces, though I'm not sure what this means. The taking of the piece obviously points at the defeat of Vanitas at the end of BBS, but is Vanitas a part of Ventus again? Then perhaps Xehanort's remaining Vanitas piece is a time travelling version.

EternalDream

3 is the ends of the earth keychain

A piece identical to 3 was taken by YX, possibly signifying Terranort.

6 is stormfall's keychain

How are we going to save Terra though?

Also, I'm sort of new to the forums here so forgive me if I'm missing something, but I had a large post written up that simply disappeared when I hit post. :<

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
For piece 3 on Eraqus' side, I've found another possible meaning:
The symbol on top looks like a stylized version of the Keychain of Terra's Keyblade Ends of the Earth.

This would fall in line with white piece no. 7 being the Keychain of Ven's Keyblade.
Going further from this, if TAV are represented by the keychains of their Keyblades (as is Riku obviously), the piece which holds the Mark of Mastery-emblem would certainly represent Eraqus himself.

The star symbol, while originally being from the "fake" good luck charm Naminé made in CoM, is also the keychain of Destiny's Embrace (in form of a Paopu Fruit) so this piece would then represent Kairi.
The only white piece remaining unaccounted for would then be no. 6, which logically should then be the keychain of one of Aqua's Keyblades but it could also represent the keychain of Lea's keyblade upside down.
The last option would however count out either Lea or Aqua from those participating in what looks like the final "forces" light has left.
Then again, one of the black pieces has a combined sun-moon motif, maybe this could hint at a possible gambit on Lea's part to play double-agent again in order to try and save Isa (or Xehanort manages to somehow snatch him over the course of KH III's plot to replace Terra which seems to be back on the light side).

Speaking of the black pieces, piece no. 9 does have some similarity to Vexen's shield in form.

12kez90

I've heard one of the pieces could represent one of the foretellers as they were the ones who started the first war.

Axel92

Awards
For piece 3 on Eraqus' side, I've found another possible meaning:
The symbol on top looks like a stylized version of the Keychain of Terra's Keyblade Ends of the Earth.
You are right for Terra number 3, look at this:
34px-Ends_of_the_Earth_Keychain_KHBBS.png

Everglow has posted a 108'p version of the trailer:
[video=youtube;XQxPKf3dAhs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQxPKf3dAhs[/video]

Wich light is Xeahnort stealing?
Cattura.jpg

Wich light is moving Eraqus and which Darkness is already captured by Eraqus?
Cattura.jpg

Wich darkness is chosen by Xehanort to capture Terra?
Cattura.jpg

Is this any kind of language or just random symbols?
Cattura.jpg

On the left of Xehanort's face before he said "Oh, I hope so" there is a reference to KH3 and X
Cattura.jpg

Last edited:

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
guys check out this video i found

[video=youtube;DijfH2gB22s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DijfH2gB22s[/video]

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I think 7 could definitely the Wayward Keyblade token (can also be seen in Ventus' Awakening) but 6 doesn't resemble Aqua's Rainfell or Stormfall Keyblade token at all.

I removed the Xehanort's 12th piece from the graphic, it's just another Vanitas token. But I think the thing at 7 (next two the star) could actually be two different pieces. I also added the piece Eraqus moves in the first scene.

Anagram

Banned
People wanting Aqua as a darkness baffles me. Even if shes not on the light side of that board she wouldn't do Xehanort much good given it's little influence on her.

rabanks15

So I don't know if this will help the discussion and theorizing at all but, to the best of my ability, I've attempted to recreate the chess board itself. The numbered tiles are the raised ones with 2's being medium height and 3's being the tallest.

diagonal2%2Bcopy.gif

Last edited:

kreezy64

Awards
I believe the piece that Eraqus already has captured is another Vanitas piece. That is the only thing it looks like to me upon closer examination

Mavxo

Awards
I made a chart:

I'm pretty sure 8 is a the Master Keeper keychain for Eraqus.
As far as the SODs we have

1. Xehanort
  2. Isa
  3. Xemnas-They look like the Absolute Ethereal Blades
    latest
  4. Luxford- Still feel up in the air about this
  5. Xehanort's Guardian
  6. Vanitas
  7. ?
  8. six-pointed star, unusual since most stars in Kingdom Hearts are only five-pointed
  9. ?
  10. Two crossed swords
  11. Young Xehanort

Now- 7 or 9 has to be Braigs arrowguns you can see the points on both- just a matter of which one is supposed to be him. The other thing is Ansem SOD whose also for sure in this. The guardian piece could represent him because he doesn't have a signature wepon but for those of you who also believe that the guardain is Terras heartless- it could be Xehnorts terra piece meaning terra has two pieces on the board on opposite sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back