• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus' Game of Chess

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kreezy64

Awards
So could this work as Xemnas for the 6 pointed star on the side of darkness?

Xemnas_symbol_by_leonkhoo95.jpg

It's a stretch but ya know, anything's game at this point.

Last edited:

Mavxo

Awards
  1. Master Xehanort
  2. Young Xehanort
  3. Ansem SOD
  4. Xemnas
  5. Siax
  6. Braig
  7. Luxford
  8. Lexaeus
  9. Zexion
  10. Axel
  11. Xaldin
  12. Vexen
  13. Demyx
  14. Marluxia
  15. Larxane
  16. Vanitas
  17. Xion?
  18. Guardian
  19. Terranort
  20. KH1 Riku

That's everyone I can think of for Xehanorts starting pieces
  21. Sora
  22. Kairi
  23. Riku
  24. Mickey
  25. Lea
  26. Ventus
  27. Aqua
  28. Terra
  29. Eraqus
  30. Namine
  31. Xion
  32. Roxas
  33. Donald
  34. Goofy
  35. ?Belle
  36. ?Alice
  37. ?Jasmin
  38. ?Cinderella
  39. ?Aurora
  40. ?Snow White

The only thing I can think to fill these with are princesses of heart

kreezy64

Awards
I've also noticed that piece number 9, depicted above, has resemblance to the keychain on Sora's new blue keyblade in the trailer, at least when you look at the outline of the shape of the whole piece connected at the chain:

CHwP3RUWcAA-nHO.jpg:large

thoughts on that?

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
  1. Master Xehanort
  2. Young Xehanort
  3. Ansem SOD
  4. Xemnas
  5. Siax
  6. Braig
  7. Luxford
  8. Lexaeus
  9. Zexion
  10. Axel
  11. Xaldin
  12. Vexen
  13. Demyx
  14. Marluxia
  15. Larxane
  16. Vanitas
  17. Xion?
  18. Guardian
  19. Terranort
  20. KH1 Riku

That's everyone I can think of for Xehanorts starting pieces
  21. Sora
  22. Kairi
  23. Riku
  24. Mickey
  25. Lea
  26. Ventus
  27. Aqua
  28. Terra
  29. Eraqus
  30. Namine
  31. Xion
  32. Roxas
  33. Donald
  34. Goofy
  35. ?Belle
  36. ?Alice
  37. ?Jasmin
  38. ?Cinderella
  39. ?Aurora
  40. ?Snow White

The only thing I can think to fill these with are princesses of heart

One of the pieces might have been Sora possibly controlled by Xehanort during the climax of KH3D.

Mavxo

Awards
One of them could be the LOD/Master Keeper keychain heart possibly?
There wouldn't be a need for two light side Rikus? Unless ones the Recoded Riku

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
So I don't know if this will help the discussion and theorizing at all but, to the best of my ability, I've attempted to recreate the chess board itself. The numbered tiles are the raised ones with 2's being medium height and 3's being the tallest.

diagonal2%2Bcopy.gif
Interesting, especially how the symmetry is broken between the black-white pattern and the location of the elevated tiles, since only one can work at the same time. I wonder if this is intentional or not.
Do you think Xehanort's end could also consists purely of black tiles? It makes no sense pattern-wise but currently the number between white and black tiles is not even. But this could also be analogy, I'm not sure what to think.:confused:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Interesting, especially how the symmetry is broken between the black-white pattern and the location of the elevated tiles, since only one can work at the same time. I wonder if this is intentional or not.
Do you think Xehanort's end could also consists purely of black tiles? It makes no sense pattern-wise but currently the number between white and black tiles is not even. But this could also be analogy, I'm not sure what to think.:confused:

The symmetry between black/white might be broken, but the pattern of the whole board as well as the layout of the elevated tiles is still symmetric and the additional white tiles are exactly opposite each other.
This is in no way simple/traditional chess, also since the "starting" tiles suggest that each player has 13 starting pieces instead of the usual 16 known from chess.
From the size of the pieces themselves, it also seems that there exist no "pawns" as they're all nearly equal in height.

There are four additional white tiles breaking the color-pattern and they're all elevated.
In terms of elevated tiles not counting the starting ones, white has in this constellation 12 tiles while black has 10.

There IS a pattern, I just cannot really decode it yet or make a sound theory.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I made a chart:
Chess%20Pieces%20KHIII.png

Xehanort:
  1. Goat/Dragon (Xehnort's Keyblade)
  2. Eclipse (Sun & Moon, Saïx/Isa?)
  3. ?
  4. Dice (Luxord?)
  5. Xehanort's Guardian
  6. Void Gear Keyblade token (Vanitas)
  7. ?
  8. Six-pointed star, unusual since most stars in Kingdom Hearts are only five-pointed
  9. ?
  10. Two crossed swords
  11. Hourglass (Young Xehanort)

Eraqus:
  1. Crown (Sora)
  2. Empty Heartless symbol (Riku), although the lower part resembles Eraqus'/Terra'/Ventus'/Aqua's symbol
  3. Ends of Earth Keyblade token (Terra)
  4. Mickey head
  5. Wayfinder (Naminé's star charm)
  6. Stormfall Keyblade token (Aqua)?
  7. Wayward Wind Keyblade token (Ventus)
  8. ?

Number 10, the two weapons also reminds me of Roxas, but YX outright states in DDD that Roxas is not a Darkness. Could also represent Xemnas with his two blades.

Number 7, that piece (the one that isn't the star shape) looks suspiciously like one of Larxene's finger-knives. But wasn't she a traitor, which Xemnas said was inadequate in DDD? Hmm.

Didn't even think about Number 5 looking like Ansem's Guardian. But there are two of them in that trailer. Is that due to them playing chess, and thus there are naturally duplicate pieces, or is it significant? Probably duplicates. You can't exactly plat real chess with 7 vs 13.

However, does anyone else notice that YX takes the Terra piece off of the board? Perhaps Terra is not a GoL after all.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Number 10, the two weapons also reminds me of Roxas, but YX outright states in DDD that Roxas is not a Darkness. Could also represent Xemnas with his two blades.

Number 7, that piece (the one that isn't the star shape) looks suspiciously like one of Larxene's finger-knives. But wasn't she a traitor, which Xemnas said was inadequate in DDD? Hmm.

Didn't even think about Number 5 looking like Ansem's Guardian. But there are two of them in that trailer. Is that due to them playing chess, and thus there are naturally duplicate pieces, or is it significant? Probably duplicates. You can't exactly plat real chess with 7 vs 13.

However, does anyone else notice that YX takes the Terra piece off of the board? Perhaps Terra is not a GoL after all.

Possibly, only time will tell.

I am just wondering if the duplicate Ansem Guardian piece has something to Riku when he took on Ansem, Seeker of Darkness's appearance in order to defeat Roxas.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Is that due to them playing chess, and thus there are naturally duplicate pieces, or is it significant? Probably duplicates. You can't exactly plat real chess with 7 vs 13.

As the layout of the board and the number of starting pieces (deduced from the starting tiles on the board) suggests, they're not actually playing traditional chess.
Each of them apparently starts with 13 pieces with seemingly only one (possibly two) duplicates per side (Xehanort has two "Vanitas"-pieces and two "Guardian" pieces while Eraqus seems to have two "Riku"-pieces and we don't know which is the second duplicate among his pieces).

With a bit creativity, dark piece no 7 could also be seen as a snake rearing its head up, a possible hint towards the Anguis-Foreteller?

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com

Number five's piece reminded me of the Lingering Sentiment.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I really like how much detail is put on this board game, and if you look closely you can see these possible hints. I know this might be nothing, but the tiles make an X like shape in some parts of the board. The number 13 is interesting. Really cool that almost everything is either tied to the number 13 or 7.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
As the layout of the board and the number of starting pieces (deduced from the starting tiles on the board) suggests, they're not actually playing traditional chess.
Each of them apparently starts with 13 pieces with seemingly only one (possibly two) duplicates per side (Xehanort has two "Vanitas"-pieces and two "Guardian" pieces while Eraqus seems to have two "Riku"-pieces and we don't know which is the second duplicate among his pieces).
Xehanort also has two of the crossed sword pieces and I'm pretty sure the "wing" at piece 7 is actually a separate piece, meaning there are more than 13 starting pieces.
Of course it's not traditional chess, it's not even Star Trek's 3D chess, I'm not even sure it's a working game at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back