• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Young Liberty

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KNightof5orrow

Where is the Muffin Button?
Website
www.myspace.com
Fracture dropped out of the sky onto the landing platform of the Young Liberty's tower in Coast City. Why our tower is on the West Coast and most of the stuff we handle is in the eastern US is beyond me. That's the Justice League for ya I guess. Walking twords the door, Fracture manipulated the energy around the door, making it open. Too easy to get into. Guess since we are not directly under the Justice League, they didn't give us the same treatment as Young Justice.
Walking into the Briefing room, he saw his team siting around the table, waiting for him to show up. Damn it mom, made me late again just cause she was late getting home to watch my sister. Oh well. Sorry for being late everybody. Lets get started.

Pulling out his flash drive, he plugged it into the laptop sitting on the table, and Batman's message showed up on the view screen.

INCOMING TRANSMISSION FROM JUSTICE LEAGUE HEADQUARTERS

TO: YOUNG LIBERTY

AS YOU MAY KNOW, MOST OF THE JUSTICE LEAGUE IS PREOCCUPIED WITH THE DARKSIED THREAT, AND MOST OF THE YOUNG JUSTICE TEAM HAS GONE MISSING FROM HIS PLANS, WE ARE FORCED TO CALL YOUR TEAM INTO ACTION TO COMBAT A NEW THREAT THAT HAS EMERGED.

ALL THE INFORMATION THAT I CAN GIVE YOU IS THAT IT IS CENTERED IN THE EASTERN UNITED STATES AT THE MOMENT AND IS CAUSING MASS PANIC. THIS GROUP HAS COME TO CALL ITSELF THE LEAGUE OF PARASITES AND IS LEACHING OFF OF MAJOR POWER GRIDS TO FUEL THEIR UNKNOWN PLAN.

FIND OUT WHAT IS GOING ON, AND STOP THIS THREAT AT ALL COSTS.

GOOD LUCK.

That's what I received this morning from Batman. As you can read, everybody else is either to busy, or can't be found. So they decided to fall back on us. While I'm excited about this chance, it irks me off a little bit because we aren't getting treated the same as real super heros. Well this is our chance to show them that we aren't just kids, and we are real superheros. Now.... Who here has heard of the League of Parasites?

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Traffic was bad. Traffic was always bad, it was terrible every single day, and this was the nature of New York City, the bumbling, hustling large metropolis. It was strangely abnormal for things to be serene in this city but every New Yorker worth their salt enjoys this chaotic harmony of swears, cars, and the natural sound of the city. It was beautiful in an odd sense, to enjoy such a chaotic thing one would have to be insane right?! Rimi pondered this as she stood in line at the Federal Reserve Bank on Liberty Street. It was a rather appropriate street name.

People passing by her in line stared at her curiously and who wouldn’t blame them? She was clad in black gothic clothing akin to something like a maid outfit, however this is New York strange outfits and even stranger citizens are of the normal. The boy standing behind her tugged at her skirt and yelled at his mom, “Mommy, look at the weird lady!”
Rimi turned around and smiled sweetly at the boy, the mother quickly apologized to Rimi but she shrugged off the apology, “Weird? Rimi isn’t weird; you’re the weird one little boy.” Rimi brushed her pale blond hair away from her eyes, turned on her heel and with a bright smile lifted up her hand and aimed it at the booth in front of her.

The booth exploded and everyone began to scramble towards the exit, before they could even reach it a huge gust of wind blew the doors shut and the railings that bordered each of the lines shot forward and stuck itself in the door essentially locking it in place. Guards shot out of the booths and aimed their pistols at Rimi who stood alone while everyone else took residence by the walls.

The guards were screaming at Rimi to surround and to put her hands in the air but she just smiled at everyone, “Eh? Why does Rimi have to surround? It isn’t like Rimi has done anything wrong.” In a blur of black and white Rimi dashed towards the eight guards who surrounded her in a loose circle. Pistols and shotguns coughed but none met purchase as she literally skipped circles around them, as she ran a large gust of wind followed in her wake and the gust was powerful enough to send the guards in the air orbiting clockwise above her. She stopped moving at the base of the miniature tornado and she kicked at the wall opposite of her and the tornado bent and turned in that direction sending the guards into the wall as they all crumbled in a broken heap of bodies.

“Ordinary people shouldn’t be involved, all Rimi wanted was to make a withdrawal, you guys didn’t have to get involved you sillykins!” A guard suddenly appeared behind her and aimed the shotgun to her head, she froze in place.

“Gotcha now, now then… Turn around slowly.”

Suddenly Rimi turned around rapidly to face the guard but her expression was a confused one, “Slowly?” She moved so fast that she displaced the guard’s aim at her head so that he was aiming away from her, “Oh, sorry, sorry, I’ll try again,” Rimi grabbed the shotgun, “Nice, and slowly!” Without effort Rimi snapped the gun in half surprising the guard and catching him off-guard (ha) she kicked him in the chest sending him flying.

“Whew.” She looked at the people cowering at the doors, “Don’t worry!” Rimi winked at them, “I won’t kill any of you guys, I just came for my allowance, Ryo-chan has been skipping out on my allowance so I figured I should get it myself.”

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
New York is deffinately not the place for Meric. With all of the constant loud noises, screaming, and cars, things would be bound to end badly. And yet by some strange twist of fate, he's managed to keep his cool for the past three hours. Personally he's amazed at his new record and this sends his mind off into space. Seeing as how fate loves the screw people over, this causes the young man to accidently bump into some guy twice his size. Meric plans to just let the incident pass with a simple apology, but the man grabs Meric by the collar of his shirt. With one swift motion the young man finds himself slamming hard into a metal trash bin but more damage is done to the bin than Meric. He sighs at the action and looks to the man now towering above him.

"Yo, man! You scuffed up my new shoes! You have any idea how much these cost?!"

Meric had to admit, the man had some nice shoes. Even he couldn't deny that much. Still, the man was just one incident away from getting his legs ripped off. Sadly, the man does that one thing by punching Meric square in the nose. The sound of something breaking and the purging of blood from his head is what initially sends Meric over the edge. The man goes in for another punch, but that is easily blocked with a simple barrier. The interesting part comes around when the same barrier moves and drags the man deeper into the alley. Once consumed with the shadows of the area, Meric decides to rip things off. He starts off by breaking every finger on the man's arm by having them getting twisted around in complete circles. He finally rips the fingers off and smiles at the sight of the blood.

He continues this by sending the barrier further along the man's arm and snapping at every three inches. By the time the barrier reaches the man's shoulder the arm resembles more of a child's drawing of a lightning bolt. Needless to say the man was screaming like a little girl that just watched her favorite doll get shredded. But that's the good thing about being in some place referred to as the slums in this glorious town. Noone really payed any attention to the rest of the world. Meric smiles as he finally extends a barrier around both legs of the man and lets the man feel the preassure.

"Nice shoes. Mind if I take them?"

Before the man can even contemplate an answer, the legs break off at the knees and hover next to Meric. He looks at the shoes but then notices something different about them. He had forgotten to protect the shoes themselves and now they are stained in blood. He sighs as he looks back to the man and lets the legs drop next to the now crippled man. "Never mind. I don't want them anymore. You can have them back." With that Meric walks away from the man and turns the corner. Just as the man starts screaming for help, the man suddenly finds himself without a lower jaw. Meric smiles at the now silent area, but sirens in the distance persist to get to him. With that in mind he uses his own abilities to amplify his speed by increasing the rate that his legs move two fold and chaces after the sirens only to arrive at some bank.

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.
“Yo can anyone here me??? I’ve located the tower located in the near the city’s central business district a little to the south east.” He then snapped his fingers and a bright red flash came to the sky for a split second but it would reveal his location to them.

“I’m infiltrating the building as I speak I shall draw attention to myself then I need another to grab the item the doctor requested and then we can leave” He already heard sirens within the distance, this was good the plan was flowing perfectly while he and another was getting the data disk that was located in the vault others were around the town making sure too much attention would be drawn to them.

“Its about time you all started acting as a true team” Crow spoke as the prince hovered himself towards the entrance.

“Hey stop where you are!!!” The man yelled as he noticed Alexander finally reaching the ground, the prince swiftly dodged the baton and brought up multiple punches to his chest and finally a roundhouse kick clean to the face.

“Too easy”

He had spoken too soon, a number of beasts were then released and steel bars shielded the entrance and blocked his only escape route. The light were then shut off and only the beasts glowing eyes were shown throughout the darkness. They growled and hissed, they couldn’t wait to tear him apart.

“What have you gotten me into kid?” Crow said sighing which was odd considering he was well…a crow.

The prince then cracked his knuckles and his rings began to emanate various colors “Trust me this won’t take long”

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
Skip, turn, step. Skip, turn step. She had her earphones plugged in her ears, she walked smoothly and elegantly as her steps hardly made a sound on the pavements. She did a little twirl, following the song she listened to.

But she wasn't oblivious to the people around her. There were those who looked at her, of course. There were the rich kids, the poor kids. The powerful, the weak. The inconsiderate, the helpful. And she walks past the scenery. Until she noticed a middle aged man picking on someone weaker and looking way too thin and malnourished outside the shop owned by the middle aged man. She knew it, because she walked past it often. And she stopped this time, looking straight at the scene before her. The man stopped beating up the weak man, noticing her. She smiled at him provocatively. He walked towards her.

Elena walked off quickly, knowing well that he was following her. She reached an open park. She smiled and twirled across the field as if she was a ballerina. Of course, she probably wasn't as good, but she was close. She started to sway, moving her arms in fluid movements, enjoying the song playing in her ear and the emptiness of the place. She might come here more often.

And then she spotted the same man. She did lose sight of him for a moment when she became absorbed with dancing. The next song started to play on her music player as he came closer.

Ah, she thought, perfect~ She gave a small smile, encouraging to come closer. He took the hint the way she wanted him to and did what she thought. He was in his late thirties, if she wasn't mistaken. Well, whatever. He seems like a good prey.

She continued dancing as he watched her every movement. She kept her eyes on him, only breaking contact when she turned away from him. And he was getting closer and closer. She was provoking him to do so. Come, she beckoned with her dance. Let me give you a taste of what you did. Of course, she wasn't going to go as far as killing him. She'll give him a chance. She's nice.

She locked eyes with him, stopping her dance. "I've seen what you did just now to that man." She spoke softly and sultrily. He seemed to take it with pride. "That poor man..." She spoke as if she was faking it.

"He deserved it. Taking a break whenever he wanted," He scoffed. "No one takes a break when they work in my shop." He circled his hands around her waist. "I've seen you around, pretty young thing." He complimented her.

She chuckled, her power coming into play. "Let's have fun." She said, as he smiled even wider and she pulled away from him, breaking his hold on her. And that's when it started. A shrill, irritatiing sound went through his mind. He cringed, giving a small gasp as the sound invaded his mind. She chuckled again and he noticed it.

"What...is this?!" He asked rather loudly, his voice probably unheard by him. He dropped to his knees as the sound became louder and shriller, and she squatted down to be a eye level with him. He wouldn't hear her if she spoke. The sound stopped and he was slightly panting. It hurt, she knew. But a sound came back and this time it sounded like booms from a speaker. Louder and louder it went.

He placed his hands on his ears, as if trying to block out the noise. "Agh!" He panted, feeling the pain in his head as if his mind was going to burst. "Help!" He shouted at her. She had no expression on her face. "That's what you get, fool." She said. He clawed at the ground with his fingers, sweat dripping off his forehead. He punched the grassy ground.

She got up and took a few steps away, when a concerned man came over. "What's wrong?" He asked her. She looked at him with equal concern. "I...I don't know! He was like this when I noticed him here and he looks scary..." She said, faking her fear. "M-Maybe he's mad..." She said softly.

Not later was he taken away, perhaps off to a mental hospital. "Hehe," She giggled as she continued her stroll in the city.

Last edited:

kingdomkey96

Omniversally considered a badass.
Psyche floated to the top of Young Liberty's HQ in Coast City muttering to himself, "What's so big that they called all of us?" He approached the door which was of course locked, with a sigh he touched the door with his palm to allow his psychic energy to open it. He closed it behind him and began to study the room, as usual he was the first member to arrive. He sat on the nearest seat around and placed his feet upon the table. "Might as well make myself comfortable until the other losers arrive," he said to nothing in particular..

He watched as each member came in soon after him, except for their leader who to no one's surprise was late again. After what felt like hours he came in and began to speak, "Sorry for being late everybody. Lets get started." Psyche sighed again," Oh you're late? What a surprise..." he said under his breath, his tongue laced with sarcasm. Fracture evidently did not hear him as he pulled out his flash drive and plugged it in so that they could see its contents on the view screen. Psyche was always surprised at the relatively low tech which his team was given to work with not good enough for the big toys perhaps.

After listening to Batman's message, he felt more than a little annoyed that Batman seemed to think of them as 'back up' but nevertheless Psyche could not deny that a rush of excitement was flowing through him. New threat? Mass panic? League of Parsites? This sounded like a threat actually worthy of his power. What Fracture said afterwards concurred with Psyche's own thoughts but to be honest everyone in the room probably felt the same.

"Now.... Who here has heard of the League of Parasites?"
asked Fracture. Psyche was unsure if it was a joke or not but nevertheless stated sarcastically, "All of us genius. Just now." He continued," So what's the plan. Are we going to start searching for them now or wait for an incident?" Psyche got out off his seat as a way to emphasise that they should take action now.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Chill was flying through out town with his ice wings when he got the notification about a YL meeting. He wondered what it was about since they are never really asked to do anything. He thought of him and his team as the reject sidekicks, not because they were bad or their powers werent useful, its just that the JL never depends on them for anything. But Chill isnt one to complain, hes glad to at least be part of a team connected to the JL and not discarded away after what happened to him. He dreams of being like Batman and Robin and the Green Lantern, his hometown hero.

On his way there he saw a couple of other teammates walk in, which was a relief since the door is usually locked. He walked into the HQ and sat down and waited for Fracture, the teams leader, since he was usually late. "Not a good leadership quality." He thought but he just wanted to know what the meeting was about. Then Fracture walked in with a flash drive, "Sorry for being late everybody. Lets get started." He plugged in the flash drive as he apologized.

After listening to Batman's message, Fracture gave a small speech. That's what I received this morning from Batman. As you can read, everybody else is either to busy, or can't be found. So they decided to fall back on us. While I'm excited about this chance, it irks me off a little bit because we aren't getting treated the same as real super heros. Well this is our chance to show them that we aren't just kids, and we are real superheros. Now.... Who here has heard of the League of Parasites?

Chill had heard of them but it was a little sketchy for him so he waited for someone to explain them.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
The day was just beginning and it was already boring to Fortitude. His magic training was getting no better and his father, Stephen Strange, was still trying to maintain distance so, no interdimensional demons would end up chasing him again. Not to mention Dr. Fate wasn't around either to keep Fortitude magical abilities in check which in turn was the reason that Fortitude was on the wrong side of the law. It was only recently that he turned his back on evil and had joined Young Liberty. Probably not the most trusted teammate, he was still the strongest addition to the team which made him essential especially when it came to magic or anything of the sort.

Arthur flew through the window of the tower, relinqushing the magical wings that were once firmly attached to his back. Landing on the couch, he waited for the fearless leader to arrive. It was minutes before the man arrived and brought them a message from Batman. As he listened to Batman, Arthur laughed outloud. To believe that they were being thrown the dirt that Justice League nor Young Justice couldn't even be bothered to deal with. Not to mention even the Teen Titans weren't handling the situation. Leaning his head back on the couch, he waited for everyone else to voice their opinions.

"To think I joined a group of backwater super sidekicks." Arthur spoke clearly and cheerily to the group of gather "heroes". HIs mind raced with the dumb things they would say. They would even probably get angry which he would just grin and laugh at. "I saw we get out there and start finding out what's up. You guys need some time in the spotlight ....err...... us guys and gals." As Arthur finished, there was a sound coming from his pocket. Grabbing his phone, Arthur slid it open and put it to his ear. It was only a minute before the phone was closed once again.

"Seems like we got two problems. There's been a break in at a major tech lab and there is a bank robbery currently under way. I saw we break up into two groups. I, myself, am going to the tech lab."

kingdomkey96

Omniversally considered a badass.

Psyche looked at Fortitude curiously as he laughed out loud. "To think I joined a group of backwater super sidekicks," he stated in a tone which didn't match what he had just said. He continued,"I say we get out there and start finding out what's up. You guys need some time in the spotlight ....err...... us guys and gals." Psyche smiled under the piece of armor which covered his lips, Fortitude was obviously trying to get them all angry. However, he would get no such response from psyche who actually shared the same sentiments, they were a backwater group and he, himself had mentioned previously that they needed to act now.

Fortitude's phone began to ring and after listening to it, he made an announcement,"Seems like we got two problems. There's been a break in at a major tech lab and there is a bank robbery currently under way. I saw we break up into two groups. I, myself, am going to the tech lab." Psyche was surprised by the news, not by the actual incident but the fact that Fortitude found out about it as it happened- who was this guy's source?

"I assume that your information is accurate? Right 'Fort'?" asked Psyche, calling him 'Fort' purely for the sake of annoying him."No matter," he continued, " Let's see, they're breaking into a tech place and a bank. Considering that the League of Parasites are leaching off power grids, we'll have a better chance of finding them at the tech place. People break into banks everyday,so that is probably trivial. Nothing to waste my time over."

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.
The beasts were fearsome, well maybe to others but certainly not to the young prince. The fact they were in such large numbers meant that they were weak and needed a high number of them to pound the enemy. How unlucky for them to deal with Alexander of all people.

“I’ll finish this with three spells” the beasts roared and started to rush at him “Well maybe just two” Just as the beast lunged at him he moved his hands in an upward motion and he began to hover off the ground dodging the attack “Hm, your such simple-minded creatures”

The Prince then clapped his hands and brought them out creating a red lance brimming with magic energy, he then expanded his hand and the lance multiplied into a great number he then launched the attacks at the creatures watching them one by one fall down to his power.

“And for the final attack” He then clenched his hands into fists and put them above his head, the then brought them down with much force expelling a large amount of gravitational force upon the creatures and nearly burying them within the ground. He sighed as he floated back down to the ground.

“Well that was disappointing”

“Your telling me” Crow spoke as he came down to his shoulder. “Check in someone may have grabbed the disk. Alexander then pressed in on his mike and spoke.

“No response they must be still at the bank” he sighed and smacked his forehead “Must I do everything!!!!” he yelled into the mike on his ear, crow then began to laugh.

“Calm down I’m sure they’re on their way to get it now”

Awards
"Pulling stunts like this is the reason I cut your allowance Rimi-Chan..." Ryoko had shone up suddenly beside Rimi, startling a few of the civilians that recognized her.
"Oh my god, it's the Black Death!!" One woman screamed. Ryoko sighed and turned to her fellow member of the League of Parasites.
"Maybe I should stop dressing as a Gothic Lolita... But first, how about we get out of here? as much as I'd love to dice up some hero I'd rather get some food first alright?" A siren blared just around the corner, followed by a few police cars.
"Wow, they got here fast..."

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
The police were driving him even more insane. He glares at the approaching cars and extends his power to envelope them. He allows the vehicles to stop but strikes the instant that each person inside attempts to get out. He sends power through his ability and watches as the cars are all slowly crushed. The men and women inside scream in pain and terror as the automatic chariots begin to crush those that are on the inside. At times like this, Meric tends to notice his pants getting a bit tighter. He knows that he enjoys the screams of pain and terror, but he didn't think he enjoyed them THAT much.

Regardless, he forces himself to go back down just in time to listen to the last siren die. He smiles at what he did, but then notices more off in the distance. He yells in frustration but then realizes how everyone was stopped at the bank just to his right. He smiles for a bit and walks towards the doors. Most normal people would try to open the doors normally, but Meric is far from normal. Instead he slams the doors with a barrier type wave of his own power and watches as the glass shatters and the frame gives way. He walks through and notices Ryoko and Rimi standing near each other.

"Such a shame to leave this many lives. Don't worry, I'll take care of that for you."

He first eyes a child clinging desperately to its mother in the farthest corner. He lets his power extend to the small creature as he creates a type of barrier around the entrance. The good thing about those barriers? Only Meric is capable of telling where they are. At that moment he head of the child appears to explode for no reason leaving the mother in shock. That's when the woman's legs seem to snap in several locations. Oh how much fun this was!

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Rimi giggled as Ryoko approached her suddenly. Rimi had considered Ryoko to be her close friend and in all honesty she loved Ryoko for her little quirks and quips! Plus Ryoko was practically the only one that was able to tolerate Rimi for a very long time, and vice-versa. Rimi was a rather affectionate person but a bit of an air-head, this combined with Ryoko's less than scary personality and her high level of tolerance the pair was inseparable. Upon Ryoko's arrival Rimi had hugged Ryoko and pressed her face against her neck, "But your outfit looks so cute Ryo-chan!"

Rimi was never shy about her opinions that is certain. Even in this rather serious situation Rimi was talking to Ryoko as if they were teenagers at the mall or something. But before Rimi could continue the familiar screeches of the police sirens shot through the Federal bank. Their response was fast and one couldn't blame them, after all this was a federally sanctioned bank. But still it was pretty damn fast.

"Mou~ these stupid police likes to ruin everyone's fun ne? Even though Rimi doesn't like the police though you shouldn't kill them, ordinary people shouldn't be involved in this!" Rimi said with a smile, then with a wave of her hand the front door exploded as a powerful gust of wind shot through it. "Ah, hold on!" Rimi released Ryoko from her hug and just as fast she disappeared from sight in a black blur. Then in but a few moments she came back but this time she was holding a nice bag of cash with a bright smile on her face.

"I didn't need a lot but this is enough ne?" Rimi lamented cheerfully, "But let's gooo!" Rimi pumped her arm in the air excitingly then disappeared in a blur as Ryoko disappeared as well.

The cops had quickly surrounded the bank and just as fast tried to assessed the situation, everyone had commented who the offenders were and every comment was just how the two girls were kids dressed as Goth lolis. Rimi and Ryoko were quietly sitting on top of a skyscraper, they were sitting over the edge unafraid of the deathly drop below while eating ice cream. Ryoko had kindly treated Rimi and her reaction, albeit common, was sweet.

Rimi pressed her head against Ryoko's shoulder and leaned up against them, "You hear about those silly little heroes Ryo-chan? Do you think they'll try to get rid of us?" Or you, is what Rimi wanted to ask, in all honesty Rimi thought Ryoko was invincible but was scared of losing her. She didn't want to think about Ryoko being arrested or killed and although that thought was impossible to process she still got scared, "I think they'll be fun to play with, good guys are always funny ne?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back