• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Would you be angry?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I think it's actually Disney's fault. IIRC he WANTED to use Mickey more, but Disney limited him in KH1, for instance.

Yeah. Disney only gave them permission to use him in one scene, and even then we only saw his silhouette. Also take note how he's very rarely called "Mickey" in-game. Mostly just "the King".

Zul

Awards
Yeah. Disney only gave them permission to use him in one scene, and even then we only saw his silhouette. Also take note how he's very rarely called "Mickey" in-game. Mostly just "the King".

OffT: is that Raiden?

OT: Was that really because they thought KH was going to suck? After KH1 he started appearing all over the place. They even bothered to do a little cg flip of him in Deep Dive out of nowhere, even though he wasn't even in the Deep Dive scene.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
OffT: is that Raiden?

OT: Was that really because they thought KH was going to suck? After KH1 he started appearing all over the place. They even bothered to do a little cg flip of him in Deep Dive out of nowhere, even though he wasn't even in the Deep Dive scene.

Iirc, it was because they didn't want SE to abuse their most iconic character to promote the game. That and how Disney admitted sometime last year or so that most of them thought KH was an abomination.

Zul

Awards
Iirc, it was because they didn't want SE to abuse their most iconic character to promote the game. That and how Disney admitted sometime last year or so that most of them thought KH was an abomination.

Tsk tsk tsk, the second reason sounds so mean(now more KH fans call it an abomination). I can understand the "don't turn Mickey into a poster boy for your company" a little, looks like more of a corporate thing, they didn't want their star character to be heavily associated with another company.

Last edited:

Shire Folk

Tsk tsk tsk, the second reason sounds so mean(now more KH fans call it an abomination). I can understand the "don't turn Mickey into a poster boy for your company" a little, looks like more of a corporate thing, they didn't want their star character to be heavily associated with another company.

I think I'm only calling it an abomination because it's a mind screw sometimes to wrap your head around. It's a GOOD mind screw, but it still effs you up in the head sometimes.

Now then, onto Mickey. If I had three hours of the game where I had to play as King Mickey, I would not care WHAT else happened in the game, I got to play as that one character that it seemed impossible to turn badass but Square succeeded in doing so.

Before Kingdom Hearts 2, Mickey was just a kids' character to me. He was awesome, because he's Mickey, but he was still just a kids' character. He couldn't really hold his own in a fight. Then along comes Kingdom Hearts 2. Sora, Donald, and Goofy are all collapsing in front of the train station in Twilight Town, and Mickey freaking drops down from the sky and goes all Yoda on the Dusks. THEN after I'm freaking out when it looks like Goofy's actually freaking died, Mickey's fist clenches and he's all, "They're gonna pay for this," and throws off his cloak and summons his golden Keyblade and runs off in the most epic badass Mickey Mouse scene I've ever seen.

So if I got to actually play as this mouse in a segment that has story significance for a few hours, I would be beyond happy. Mickey is KH's Auron, and Kingdom Hearts even HAS Auron!!

Relix

A traveler
Awards

abomination? that's harsh.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
I know I wouldn't be mad. I always thought how it would be like to play as him.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
You know I'd rather them keep Mickey as that background character who's also a main character or simply put the way he was in KH1 and KH2.

He'll appear at random intervals to tell you something, or give you a letter something like that. Then for a final boss he helps out during the battle.

I don't want a full game that has a mickey story to it he would become instantly annoying with his voice it was extremely annoying in KH:BBS and kinda gay as well.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I wouldn't mind playing as Mickey, but I think he acts more as a side character than a main character. He is better at helping the main characters than actually being the main character.

Relentless_Roxas

Ok don't burn me at the stake for me saying this but I believe it would run the gameplay. In the original BBS you already had a D-Link with Mickey which is what I only used during the campaign because when you max him out you get the double xp ability. Also going back to KHII, when you died didn't he show sometimes? I think keeping those features would be fine. Don't get me wrong...playing as the most badass mouse ever (next to Deadmau5) would be sweet, but it would feel unfair. Also not that this is really relevant but thats "almost" like saying that you could play as dark sora. He was practically the God form but it took like 10 deaths to get it. Again keeping these features in place would not oversaturate the gameplay and keep it to the usual gameplay that we are used to. Ok yes same ol same ol is boring and repetitive but for those who don't like change, it is fine. That's my two pence.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
after I'm freaking out when it looks like Goofy's actually freaking died, Mickey's fist clenches and he's all, "They're gonna pay for this," and throws off his cloak and summons his golden Keyblade and runs off in the most epic badass Mickey Mouse scene I've ever seen.
This was my reaction to it as well n_n loved that scene for the simple fact that Mickey looks seriously pissed off and ready to get some revenge.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Ok don't burn me at the stake for me saying this but I believe it would run the gameplay. In the original BBS you already had a D-Link with Mickey which is what I only used during the campaign because when you max him out you get the double xp ability. Also going back to KHII, when you died didn't he show sometimes? I think keeping those features would be fine. Don't get me wrong...playing as the most badass mouse ever (next to Deadmau5) would be sweet, but it would feel unfair. Also not that this is really relevant but thats "almost" like saying that you could play as dark sora. He was practically the God form but it took like 10 deaths to get it. Again keeping these features in place would not oversaturate the gameplay and keep it to the usual gameplay that we are used to. Ok yes same ol same ol is boring and repetitive but for those who don't like change, it is fine. That's my two pence.
Um, did you not play as him in 358/2? Of course he wouldn't be overpowered in actual gameplay.

Shire Folk

Um, did you not play as him in 358/2? Of course he wouldn't be overpowered in actual gameplay.

Never played him in 358/2 Days because I never did any of the bonus stuff, just went through the campaign (God, I play too many RTS games), but... why would anyone expect him to be OP during gameplay? It's traditional 'Cutscene Power to the Max' played straight. Just like how upon exiting the laboratory area underneath the castle in Radiant Garden, I mean Hollow Bastion (I'm stuck saying Radiant Garden), Sora and Goofy were each able to knock out a Dusk with a single hit? No matter how much grind you'd done up until that point there was still no way that in gameplay you or Goofy could waltz right up to a Dusk, whack it once and take it down.

So, playing as Mickey Mouse for a portion of the game would be beyond badass, but does that mean that we could expect to own anything that gets in our way without a challenge just because we're playing The King? Hell no! At least, not unless this was an event battle for which story reasons existed to give us either a cakewalk gauntlet or a breather/zero effort boss.

It doesn't matter whether it's challenging or not, the sheer fact of the matter that we are playing as the most kickass awesome incarnation of Mickey Mouse ever will be enough.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Why would anyone be mad? Mickey's a main character who's been in every game I'd say its about time we got to play as him.

Plus, it has been said that they first considered Mickey as the Main character, but then they decided on a human as the Main characters.

I would totally love to play him! He's pretty strong for a small thing. GO KING MICKEY! :3

yuanyelss

Banned
Website
www.cwmalls.com
I will not be sorry. I will be very happy. I like to play like him Kh2. Although I will be sad if the game is a free console, a game they have not yet released...

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.
If his style of fighting is similar or exact to the one from kh2 then yes I would love to play as him, but if he fights like he did in BBS then hell no Aqua all the way man.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Are you kidding me, playing as Mickey is amazing! I loved how you got to play as him for a little bit in KH2

Magnum

Are you kidding me, playing as Mickey is amazing! I loved how you got to play as him for a little bit in KH2

And don't forget Mission Mode in 358/2 Days. I always loved playing as him in that game. With him, I kicked a lot more ass than Roxas did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back