• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

World Heist

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
"While it has to do with our mind, it doesn't meant that some of us don't have such powers. Considering we're all here, we all are different in our own ways." sighing heavily, she sat back in her chair. Although what she said was true, that doesn't mean some of the people here could be dangerous. For all she knows, one of them could just blow all of them up with a flick of his or her wrist. That would be a downer.

"Although I think it's best we just follow Mr. uh...what's his face up there. Don't you?" although she didn't move herself. She wasn't sure if she even should move.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Now this was certainly becoming interesting, more interesting than having a man visit you in your dreams saying you have plane tickets in your mail box. That was just plain crazy, and yet here Zack was in a room full of people just like him and being offered a job to steal the Mona Lisa from the Louvre or something, Zack hadn't paid much attention at that part. God this was either crazy or some one-in-a-life-time offer. Zack thought it was brilliant.

Mr. Nash had said for everybody to follow him, yet nobody had moved yet. Some people were even talking to eachother, almost oblivious to the mans request.
Zack rose from his seat and put his left hand in his pocket. "Are you guys coming or what?" He asked, trying to not sound over confident or anything. However he didn't wait for a reply, he just made his way to the door at the left side of the room.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
It was ridiculous, proposterous, and terrifying. Andrew had no expectation of doing anything particularly moral, but a theft on this scale was insane. He was more afraid than he'd ever been, and for the moment, he was letting it show far too much for his own comfort. Try as he could to compose himself, he found himself simply unable. He wanted nothing more than to back out, to run back to his home. Forget learning about his abilities, he wanted familiarity, order and good old fashioned structure.

He knew however, that it was highly unlikely that he would be allowed to leave, now being witness to the plans that were evidently going to soon be put to action. He doubted that the elevator would operate efficiently, anyways. He had to face the facts; he had screwed up, and as things appeared to him, he was going to have to steal the Mona Lisa.

In the time since mr. somethingorother had left the room, people had begun attempting to familiarize theirselves with the people they would be working with. Andrew knew that they should be moving on, and he was indeed afraid of the consequences of not doing so, but he wanted someone, anyone, to talk to. These people were in the same boat as him, weren't they? He should at least try to know them a bit, try to make an ally. One face stuck out to him among the rest, though.

The man was several years his elder, that much was apparent. Andrew didn't know how much older than him the man could be, but he figured it rude to inquire. The man was tall, dwarfing Andrew, though he found himself not particularly afraid, nonetheless. He was blond, and had a bit of facial hair, though not much. A goatee. The man was smiling a bit, and Andrew could not gauge his thoughts at all... that said, Andrew found himself strangely drawn to him. He was sitting a fair ways away from him, and didn't seem to be engaged in conversation with anyone. Andrew thought back a bit, and recalled that this man was one of the few to enter after he himself did. Having made up his mind, Andrew decided to approach the man. Surely the encounter could not go too badly, right?

He stood from his chair, and circled around to the other side of the table, making an effort to take broad steps, and keeping his hands in his pant pockets. When he reached the man, he made it a point not to make eye contact, and spoke up.
"So... kinda a weird job, huh? Not what I was expecting."

luna008

Dawn sighed,"Yes, I guess you're right, but I'm not looking foward to this." Dawn stood up as she said this," What do you think this will be? I mean, never heard of bank robbery training. Do you think they're going to make us rob a bunch of little banks or what?Hmmm...they did say they wanted to train our powers...Maybe they'll put us in an obstacle course like the X-Men have!" Dawn laughed, thinking of herself running around in a deadly obstcle course.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
Looking at the optimistic girl, she couldn't help but dread ever going on any missions with her. Standing up, she stretched a little and held her backpack. "If you want to run around and play with eyebeams all day, just go to the laser beam course. This is real. We will die. Nobody can or will want to save you in any hospital if you happen to survive anything. Believe me, I know." Thinking about it brought back a memory that she wished she could forget. Of all the things she wanted to remember, she just wished she could forget this one. The beeping of the machines, the whirring of others, and the doctors that refused to do anything because of her powers.

This was a little too much for her and she quickly started to walk towards the way the man walked. She just wanted to not be seen right now.

luna008

Dawn sensed that the girl she was talking to was upset and followed her, "Hey, I'm sorry if I said anything stupid, but c'mon, I was trying to lighten things up. We're in a place we don't know, with strangers that say we have powers and want us to rob a bank. This is making my stomach flop, and I'm trying my best to take these things seriously, but unfortantly, I do that by trying to make it more cheerful. You know like that whole "imagene the crowd in their underwear"or what ever trick."Dawn rubbed the back of her head and looked down, "Besides, something tells me we're going to have to stick together if we want to make it through this." Dawn really hoped that this would make amends with the girl who's name she didn't know yet. "Oh yeah, I'm Dawn Kingston, who are you?"

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
~- Cast dice -~

Sync pulled Siam to the corner of the room, watching everyone else; he listened to the chatter polluting the air. Various people drifted through the elevator; including a rather strange looking boy. Recoiling, Sync watched the room grow more crowded, setting him even farther on edge.

Wordlessly, Siam reached over and grabbed his hand; squeezing it once, she kept her hand there, her meaning clear to him. Closing his eyes for a second, he sent up a silent thank you; and reopened his eyes, watching a girl with a tail (Kyuumi) and another girl that had a yellow blouse and black jeans on (Aby).

Tilting his head to the left, he stared a little bit above their head, not making it obvious he was trying to sum up their personalities. He felt a quiet, gentle breeze gather at his feet and remain there; he also felt the look Siam sent his way. Sync turned to look at her; a curious look on his face, she nodded wordlessly at the group, in response he shook his head again and looked, inspecting the room, he tried to figure out possible escape routes.

Siam does seem to be naïve…no, not naïve but maybe too trusting, he thought, shaking his head; he watched as a new person walked in and moved to sit at the table, she’d taken a blue plastic ring out, wrote something in her notebook and looked at everyone.

Quickly looking away before he was caught, Sync stared at the floor and thought, why have we been called here? What does this person want with everyone? Sync felt his lips curl slightly, a strange, malicious thought crossing his mind. He had better not try the same thing Ox had, I think Siam would hit him if he tried that kind of thing. He thought cheerfully.

He knew that it must have bothered Siam, between the look she sent him and her whispered, "You okay?" Looking up, he nodded silently and glanced at the table again, he took in everyone sitting there, before looking away again. "Yep, I’m fine." He muttered under his breath.

"Well, how about we go sit down at the table?" She suggested, earning a weird look from him. A quick head shake cleared the fog; Sync looked at the table again before glancing back at Siam. "After the rest of the group arrives," he said calmly, watching her face for a few more minutes; he watched the nod she gave.

Smiling, he looked away again and watched as two more slipped through the doors; shortly afterward, a meeting was called and to his disappointment, Siam dragged him closer to the table. Leaning against the wall, Sync listened to Mr. Nash talk; he looked around the room again, checking to make sure there was not any hidden threat.

A smile on his face, Sync coughed slightly, concealing the laughter behind it. Glancing at Siam, he saw the cheerful look on her face; obviously, these people were not aware of her favorite past time (or favorite books and games). Hell, he swore that she must have been descended from a line of thieves with how deceptive she could be. Scanning the faces, Sync again noticed the last two to walk in; one was a pink haired girl while the other could not have been much older than him.

"Hi."

Sync quickly looked around, almost expecting to see someone only to realize the meeting was over, and Siam had moved over to talk to them. She turned slightly and waved him over; and while reluctant, he moved over to where Siam was standing next to the last two to come in to the room.

Last edited:

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
"Friends?"

Edward chuckled softly under his breath. Friends indeed, the very thought that Edward would come all this way simply to "grow closer among 'friends'" was simply too much for the man to hold in. No, he had not come all this way for mere trivialities such as 'friendship' or feelings of acceptance. As this Mr. Nash said, Edward's only reasons for travelling to Las Vegas was for the improvement of his abilities and knowledge of them, as well as furthering his personal research of fear. As far as he was concerned, this was naught but a simple experiment, albeit a large-scale one, and these people, these "friends" and this "Mr. Nash", they were his test subjects. So no, Edward had no plans on leaving. After all, one must study test subjects closely if they are to gather accurate data.

"So... kinda a weird job, huh? Not what I was expecting."

The unexpected voice drug Edward from his thought-induced trance, causing him to quickly shift his attention in the direction of the voice. The owner of the voice, a young man, a fair few years younger than Edward, stood next to him, his hands tucked away securely in his pockets. Solely based off the young man's body gestures, Edward was easily able to pick up on the young man's unease, most likely to the entire situation in general. This one Edward knew would make for an excellent subject and would have to be one he followed carefully in the future. However, for now, idle conversations would do.

Edward rose to his feet, lifted his arms into the air, and placed his hands onto the young man's shoulders. He cocked his head slightly and gave a warm smile. "No, not at all." Edward dropped his left arm to his side, letting it hang there limply. "You and I, all of us, we are indeed special. And because of that fact, men of evil intent will seek to exploit our powers for their benefit. So, there is no surprise in a man wishing to use us to steal a valuable painting or perhaps even murdering someone. To them, we are but weapons, no different from any gun or blade they may wield." Edward gave a reassuring smile. "But some weapons tend to backfire on their handler if not handled properly. I wonder, will the same happen here? We can only wait and see..."

Meanwhile, Edward had slowly been digging deep into the young man's subconscious, looking to uncover all of those fears hidden away in there. Fears of inadequacy, fears of rejection, any would do, really, especially if they are juicy ones that are often connected to the person's feelings of themselves. However, it annoyed Edward how slow the process was, as well as the requirement of physical contact the whole time. It often seemed to make for awkward and uneasy situations, such as this. Surely, this would be a hindrance Edward would need to tackle first, otherwise any other improvements in his control over his power would be handicapped. As the process of diving into the young man's mind continued, Edward stalled for more time with idle conversation, trying to keep continued contact with him.

"Oh, how rude of me. Allow me to introduce myself: I am Edward J. Yates III."

Trukybldemstr2

Garbage Pail Kid
Website
www.facebook.com
Darius allowed the all to talk. He didn't really feel like talking to much. So after he had talked to the extremely chatty and obviously naive girl next to him, he drowned out all sound and focuses on the idea of going on a mission. The very thought of his name connected to something so grand just blew his mind. He was excited to be doing something with his life.....however stealing something didn't really cross his mind as something that would make his parents proud.

Running his fingers through his close cut hair he looked once more around him at the now full room of people. They all looked very different. Some looked like they sat on the high horse of life while others looked as if they only lived to see the next day. So he knew that each and every one of them was only called here for one reason. That reason was to use their gifts for this man.

Standing up he went towards the Hollister guy, Aeacus, and said "What is going on here?"

Aeacus gave Darius this look of annoyance that seemed out of character for him. But then again Darius had just met the guy. "Weren't you listening man? You are going to France to steal the Mona Lisa and bring it back. Now if you will excuse me I have work to do." And with that Aeacus walked off and went to the same room that Mr. Nash had gone.

Darius took a deep breath and followed them. Hopefully the others would follow soon.

He walked into the room and stopped. "What the hell?" The room was all white with what seemed to be 24 "Chambers" (Darius was positive that wasn't the right word for them) that seemed to be forming a semi circle. He looked towards Mr. Nash with a questioning look on his face.

Mr. Nash looked at him and noticed the look on his face. "Ah this is the teleportation chamber. This is how you will get to your destinations. As nice as flying is that just takes time. This on the other hand.....not so much."

"Oh......well I guess that works then. But didn't you something about training? I am sure none of us are skilled in the usage of weapons or martial arts." He thought for a second. "Well I know I'm not."

"Ah yes. You will receive your training in Paris. Don't worry. Training is the least of your worries." He the looked around Darius. "Now, once everyone else is here we may truly begin."

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
The moment she heard Dawn's name, she was at it again. Holding her bag out and digging through it, searching for her notebook and a special ring for her finger. Yes, this meant she had to write down Dawn's name. This ring, however, won't stay on for long she thinks. So she puts a white ring on her thumb. Now, she had a ring on every finger except for one. Her ring finger on her left hand. That was held for special moments and special memories. As the old tale goes, the left ring finger is the closest to your heart. That is true, a vein is leading straight to your heart there, so it all makes sense. Other than that tale, she also kept a plastic ring off of it due to the need for her to regulate her heart and blood activities. With the weird powers comes hindrances, as many already know, and she would rather her heart not exploding.

Whatever the case, she replied to Dawn. "My name...it's Victoria Stewart. I don't know why my parents thought that name would be fine for me, but well...I like it. Just don't call me Vicky." a chuckle actually escaped from her throat. This was strange, you see, nobody had managed to make her giggle or chuckle in any way before. Or at least, not as soon as her powers started to grow stronger...ish.

She headed for the room that Mr. Nash had headed for, half expecting a trap, and was relieved when she came in there. Instead of a trap, it was a room with weird "pods" as one would call it. She examined each one, seeing if there was a difference, and couldn't find one so far. So she had to ask the most obvious question, "Will it hurt?"

luna008

"I don't know," Dawn anwsered as she also examined one. They all were humming, a light grey color to Dawn's eyes, showing they were on. "But i have to admit it'll be cool to teleport, and to Paris!...Of course, that's all assuming these things will actually teleport that is...teleport use safely i hope." Dawn turned and asked Mr. Nash, "So how do these things work? Can we walk right into them or something? Or are you going to open them for us? And will we teleport the second we get into them or are we all going to make the big jump at the same time? I hope it's the latter, cuase i would hate to be the first one though." Just the thought of being alone in who knows where in Paris with who knew exactly what waiting on her made Dawn more then a little nervous, but she wasn't going to back out now.

Last edited:

Abhorsen

Mr. Nash had just finished his small presentation, and released some details about their task at hand and then just as quickly as he had made the announcement he told them to meet him in the next room and he left.

"Seems that we should follow, you agree?"

"Yea, I guess there isnt much choice. It isnt as if he took questions.. I feel a bit.. distant on this. Im just not all that sure stealing the Mona Lisa is that great of an idea. I mean it is the Mona Lisa. It will be heavily guarded.. so they had better have a good plan as to how we are supposed to get it. I mean yea, I could just walk in and squish all the guards to the floor but that would only make me a wanted woman. There has to be a better person here, more suited for the job.."

"I see what you mean. Well, Jax and I are ok in fights but, this mission.. it seems awful sketchy. I guess we will just see what happens.."

"Your right, lets just follow Nash and expect the worst but hope for the best."

"Agreed."

The two girls rose from their seats and grabbed their things. Kyuumi her bag and Jax, and Kirie her bag as well. They walked over towards the door talking about where they are from and small talk of the like. Then Kyuumi's eyes met the eyes of that one cat person that she had noticed walking in. They looked at each other for about three seconds and then the girl smiled. In response Kyuumi smiled back. Kyuumi turned her attention to Kirie.

"did you see that?"

"you mean the way she stared then smiled, yea but she seemed like she wanted to make friends is all. I wouldnt read into it all that much."

"I guess your right, lets go."

With that the two walked into the room taking their place by the wall. The girls had walked in just in time to hear Mr. Nash explain that the different pods or capsules or whatever were Teleportation Chambers. That they would take them to Paris and the training was to take place in Paris as well. The girls looked at one another then at the chambers.

'This is going to be an interesting start, that is for sure' thought Kyuumi as she rubbed Jax behind his ears and under his chin.

Kirie just stood there quietly wondering if this would be the start of her life, her story.

HyperShadic

Awards
Emil calmly listened as "Mr. Nash" finished talking and left. Some of the other people had begun talking, while others went and left to follow their unusual hosts, some more readly than others. Eric had to admit that he hadn't even thought something like stealing the most recognizable piece of art in the world. The thought would have put a smile on his face immediatelyon any other day, but now only a slight smirk crept on his face. Sitting around and waiting won't do anything, and if what he says is true then we'll have time to socilize later. Got to give him credit though, he caught my attention. He got up and readjusted his fedora and glasses. "Let's do this," he mumbled to himself and walked after their mysterious hosts. He entered the room and heard about the pods. He also heard one of the girl's question. Even if it wasn't directed at him he thought that someone would answer it. "Most likely we'll all go at once. Not everyone is comfortable by themselves. People are wired to be social." He gave a reassuring smile to the girl and then looked at Mr. Nash.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Alexander observed the proceedings in silence before they moved into the stark white room that was revealed to be a teleportation hub, and laughed as the fact was revealed. The circular room made for excellent acoustics to project his voice for all within to hear, but he spoke up a little more just to make sure everyone heard. "Teleportation! These people can zip around instantly from place to place, and yet they need to our help to retrieve the Mona Lisa!" He had been one of the first into the room, so he turned so that he could see the whole group. Yates stood the tallest in the crowd, and Alexander liked him. He, Alexander, appreciated the value of authority, but liked individuals even more when they stood up to stupid authority - Yates had happily pointed out the not-so-fantastical nature of what their ultimate use would be.

"They could teleport twenty-four of the world's best and stealthiest thieves straight to Paris, and yet they send us?" Alexander surveyed the group, who were all slowly migrating towards individual pods in silence, but not stepping into them. "Look at us, the oldest here would be no more than thirty years old, the rest of us significantly younger. It seems strange, does it not, to send in individuals so young and likely so unskilled to do such a high-profile job, ideally without linking the crime back to whatever organisation we're being drafted into? They said they sent in a group a week ago, who didn't return. Were it a bunch of skilled thieves, it can't have been very many or ones with mastery in their art. Or, was it more people like us? Does it not worry you that this organisation could be just throwing us with brute force into missions until someone doesn't botch it up?"

He could see Yates leaning up against a wall, head nodding slightly with a slight smirk on his face. Alexander began to like him more already, and felt if there was anyone worth sticking near in this whole mission, it was him: Someone with a head on their shoulders, who could see the flaws and inconsistencies, and did not get so wrapped up with the fantastical ideas of superhuman powers and espionage as to forget stark reality. Alexander continued: "No, they could have easily stolen the Mona Lisa, easily. Though it should go without saying, this will be a test, and for some of us an extremely difficult one, given how young some of us are. What worries me most, though, is why they bother flying us here at all. They've got bloody teleportation, and they can't even send us to a base of sorts in Europe, which would make much more sense. Unless this organisation isn't as illustrious as it might seem."

Alexander strode over to an empty pod next to Yates, and tapped a knuckle on the edge where it blended into the wall. "If these guys can't even fly us to somewhere in Europe, then I'd wager these teleporting pods weren't bought or developed by these guys. Probably stolen, even." A smile flashed across his face, one that Alexander had carefully worked on when dealing with subject who would try to throw off his tempts at neural penetration by trying to mirror his own expression - it was a smile others would think of as a jocular smirk, one side of his lips curled upwards slightly. To Alexander, however, it was malicious, and with this smile still on his lips, he spoke: "I sure hope they made sure to nick the instructions for these beauties of technology. I'd just hate for some us to wind up with only half of us where mean to go."

Alexander then chuckled as he observed a few people he had clearly upset or disturbed to an extent, "Hey, maybe that explains last week's failed Mona Lisa heist: They did have a full complement of thieves for each pod, but only a few of them all got there in one piece."

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
~- Another Sin -~

For once in his life, Kiba had no comeback. The Mona Lisa? These people wanted them to steal the Mona freaking Lisa?! "Goodbye scholarship, hello jail cell," he muttered, his usual sarcasm falling flat. Okay, maybe he did have something to say about this after all. The most he knew about this kind of garbage was from some of Cheza's books; what would these people want next? The Cleopatra Emerald? Ripping off the Henley? Kiba was of a very serious mind to grab Cheza and blow this joint, when a sweet, cheerful voice piped up.

Hi!

The voice belonged to a blond haired, blue eyed girl in jeans and a tank-top. Okay. Looking just slightly over the blond's head, Kiba made eye contact with a boy in a white coat that, best explanation? Didn't seem happy about the girl talking to Kiba and Cheza. As the girls jumped into a discussion about the instructions they'd gotten, Kiba made several quick, accurate assessments of the boy. First, he was watchful; didn't seem paranoid, but he was right on for a suspicious, distrustful first impression. Second, he had the look of a brawler; although the kid was like Kiba in the way that he rarely started the fights himself, but he'd be more than happy to finish them. Finally, it was clear as day that the boy was protective of the blond girl, and that the fights he started were probably over her.

Kiba had a feeling that the two of them would get along pretty well. Now, for the important question. Why did the two of them, who he'd swear on his life that he'd never met before, just why did they feel so dang familiar?

"Oh, I almost forgot! My name's Siam, and that's Sync. What's your name?"

Kiba blinked and dragged his attention back to look at the blon... erm, Siam. She'd just finished waving at the boy in the white coat, so Kiba took that to mean he was Sync. "It's Kiba," he said softly. She seemed nice enough; he could already tell Siam and Cheza would turn out to be good friends.

"And mine's Cheza. What do you think of...?" Her voice trailed off, her eyes scanning the room as it emptied out.

"Not quite sure. On the one hand? The adventure sounds good. On the other..."

"Sounds like we're headed straight for trouble with the cops," Sync finished for Siam, a grim look on his face. Continuing to echo Kiba's thoughts, Sync continued, "A bunch of kids that look like their closest thieving experience is Sly Cooper? We're gonna get butchered."

"Maybe that's the idea," Kiba said as he started walking towards the room that everyone else was trickling into. "Maybe their counting on a bunch of people that have no idea what pulling an "Alice In Wonderland" means to do this. Think they figure that if we have no idea how to do this, that means that there's no way the guards or cops or whatever will think it's us."

"Still think we're gonna wind up behind bars before we even set foot in that art gallery," Sync muttered as the four of them walked into what turned out to be some kind of transporter room.

Kiba didn't know when he'd made up his mind to go on this crazy mission, but it had happened somewhere. As they waited for the rest of their "team" to enter the room so they could teleport to Paris, he couldn't help the slightest sardonic quirk that came to his lips. I'm in enough trouble already 'cause of all the fights. What's one more sin...?

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
The man made several comments, which Andrew thought summed up to ‘It makes sense that this’d happen eventually, since we’re useful as weapons, but these guys better watch their backs anyways.’ Andrew didn’t like being thought of as a weapon, very much… but he couldn’t quite bring himself to worry too much. This man was, interestingly, very nice. He wore a warm smile, and had placed his hands on Andrew’s shoulders. He felt like an older brother, or something to that effect. Andrew thought it was nice to know that there was someone here he could get along with…

When the man introduced himself as Edward J. Yates III, Andrew snapped out of his feelings of comfort, and was reminded that he had a job to do. Namely, conversation. Figuring he was being too polite, standing around and whatnot, he decided that he’d finish off quickly, and then move on without pissing the guy off too much. He wanted people who’d get along with him, not pity him like some kind of parent.
“I’m… uh… Andrew Wood. And… don’t you forget it! Yeah…” Thinking hard for something to discuss, he metaphorically grabbed at the only thing he could. The man’s appearance.
“Rockin’ the facial hair, by the way! I’m… uh, good at shaving real kupo!in’ close, don’t think it looks too good on me, and stuff…” Okay, at this point, Andrew realized just how awkward he sounded. Why the hell had he brought up facial hair, of all things! Idiot! He decided that too much inquiry would just hurt him. A lot. That said, he quickly pulled away from the man and walked to the next room.
“Uh… sweet chat, and stuff! Gotta go, you know, job and shit!”

When he entered the next room, he saw these insane pod things arranged in a semicircle around the room. He heard a bit of discussion going on, and realized that these things were teleportymawhatsists. Oh shit. He was partly shocked, but considering he could manipulate shadows he was having a hard time being shocked. His life was some kind of crappy science fiction novel, and he had long since accepted that. He was still having a hard time processing the scale, though. All of a sudden, however, his priorities shifted. He cried aloud, “Oh shit! What about the stuff I brought here?!”

He had just come to the realization that all of his stuff was still in his room. Well, except for his glasses, which he’d brought along ‘just in case’, carefully tucked away in his breast pocket. Still, he was missing about four outfits, including all of the casual clothes he’d brought along… and his contact solution, his toothbrush, a bit of money he’d left in his other pants, at least one book, his MP3 player, and who knows what else. His parents always told him that he packed light! He didn’t understand! Why was he being tortured so?! Half of him wanted to ask about it, but the other half countered with “Men don’t ask for help. Men help themselves.” Which was totally useless as advice, since he couldn’t leave this place… he’d just have to hope that someone else bothered to ask about it before he did. Precedent makes everything better!

Almost immediately afterwards, another man, tall like Yates, spoke up. Andrew had not quite taken note of him, yet, but the man was about to make an important impression. He brought up a question Andrew had not even considered yet; did the teleporters even work. All of a sudden, he knew that god hated him. Beyond a shadow of a doubt, he was despised by god. He hardly noticed it, but he began staring at the man, his eyes unconsciously widening. How could he not have noticed this! What an idiot. He really hoped that someone/anyone would elaborate. On anything. He may have just recieved a briefing, and may have apparently been informed of what was happening... hell, he even chose to go to Vegas, but he felt more powerless than he ever had. He was in something too big for him, or anyone else, probably. Above all else, he was probably dead. At least they hadn't made him sign a contract, or something as horrifying as that.

Last edited:

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
~- Information -~

Siam found she liked Cheza and Kiba, although something about the girl reminded her of Lillian. Not that it was of importance, but it still bothered her a bit. She shook her head and followed Sync and Kiba into the other room; catching snippets of conversation on the way in. Her eyes instantly found the teleportation capsules they'd be using for reaching Paris, a thought drifting across her mind; she frowned slightly.

“Oh shit! What about the stuff I brought here?!”

Her eyes snapped to the person that said this; and was a little relieved she wasn't the only thinking of that kind of thing. She was a little surprised though at the boy's reaction, but he probably had a very good reason for crying out like that.

Sync didn't seem to agree though, if anything he seemed a little more on edge; shifting his weight so he was standing between the girls and the strange boy, but still had Kiba closest to him. Her own comfort slipped when she felt the change, rolling her eyes; she was grateful when Sync asked coolly, "What about the stuff we brought with us? What's going to happen to it?"

She knew what he was trying to get across to them. Yes, he was a guy and he did have his pride; but he was just fine with asking for some help. She nodded and added, "How do we know it's not going to disappear on us?" She hadn't packed anything she was too worried about; but she had a wicked idea for a story, and she really didn't want anyone reading it without her permission.

Sync, on the other hand; had packed some things that were essential for him to have with him. Including some paper work for bonus classes at college, that and some of his favorite books that couldn't be replaced whatsoever. Sure, those could stay here if they knew it wasn't going to get stolen; but what about the rest of the stuff he'd packed?

Mind whirling with questions, Siam shook her head quickly to dispel those thoughts. While waiting for a reply, she focused back on Kiba and asked, "Are you worried about your things?"

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
This was very interesting.
The circular room had teleporters, or capsules, or whatever they were called. Zack's mind was pretty much turned into one of those scrunched up newspapers that you would find in the nearest bin, or you could say he had never imagined that there would be teleportation alongside some strange man that visited peoples dreams.
Teleportation, the one of the things Zack didn't think was possible just spat in his face.

Training in Paris? Well it woulld be good for some sight-seeing, if Zack got the chance. But what would everyone be training with and did this mean they'd have to be killing people?, Zack wondered then immediately changed the subject. Would everyone get to bring the stuff they brought here with them? Zack didn't really bring anything important, other than his iPod of course. Angry Birds was essential for him to kill time, place he had different books he had downloaded to read. If somebody stole his damm iPod and he saw who it was, he'd modify their memory so that he was their closet friend, or he would beat them absolutely senseless, either way was just fine.

Then a man spoke up and sent a shiver of doubt through Zack's spine.
"I sure hope they made sure to nick the instructions for these beauties of technology. I'd just hate for some us to wind up with only half of us where mean to go."
"Way to introduce some comfort," Zack muttered grumpily, sliding his left hand into his pocket and sighing. "If that happens I would like to be buried in a graveyard, with the words 'Zack died of being cut in half as he and othersattempted to help steal the Mona Lisa', could you make sure of that?" He asked, directing it at whoever was standing next to him. If there was anyone there that is, otherwise he'd just look like an idiot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back