• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will we see Zack in KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaRay

I want to see Zack Nobody. It would be cool to see a Nobody of a Final Fantasy character. Heck they could form a Final Organization XV lol

Anagram

Banned
I'm really at a loss as to why so many people entertain the notion that Zack is dead or even killed by Sephiroth.
The KH versions of the FF characters have nothing to do with their actual FF counterparts from the FF universe, so their story has not to play out like it did in the original FF storyline.
It's not even a sure-fire issue that Cloud and Zack even know each other in the KH universe or if Zack has anything to do with the Radiant Garden gang of FF characters at all.
Most fans seem to assume the FF characters are a copy & paste of their source game. Which isn't true. Any character in Kingdom Hearts is adapted to fit into it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm really at a loss as to why so many people entertain the notion that Zack is dead or even killed by Sephiroth.
The KH versions of the FF characters have nothing to do with their actual FF counterparts from the FF universe, so their story has not to play out like it did in the original FF storyline.
It's not even a sure-fire issue that Cloud and Zack even know each other in the KH universe or if Zack has anything to do with the Radiant Garden gang of FF characters at all.

I was just complaining about this yesterday. It's really weird. Aerith is alive, YRP are faeries, Seifer is a kid, Vivi is...Vivi, and Squall isn't an ineffectual jerk. You'd think that this idea that the KH version are not their FF counterparts would click at some point and yet "Zack is dead!" is the common response.

Furthermore, what people tend to forget too is that Sephiroth possibly wasn't always an evil son of a bitch, as Nomura himself hinted at when speaking about him in the BBS Ultimania:

Which excites me a lot because good!Sephiroth was always the better Sephiroth in my opinion.

Most fans seem to assume the FF characters are a copy & paste of their source game. Which isn't true. Any character in Kingdom Hearts is adapted to fit into it.

It really makes me wonder where people have been the last 13 years.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I would love for Zack to come back in KH3. Since BBS, I thought of Zack being the FF character that travels from world to world similar to Sora (seeing how he gets a wardrobe/style change when he enters another world. Of course that's assuming he's not originally from Olympus Coliseum) in search of being a hero. I personally don't want him to have known Cloud and the gang but anything can be possible. Who knows, maybe he was the first from the Radiant Garden group (again assuming he's from RG) to leave their world

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
i definitely want zack to be in kh3, but i'm really afraid it will only be heartbreak. however i really, really need laguna to be in kh3. he was originally intended to be the mirage arena owner (or something of that sort) in birth by sleep, but they were making duodecim at the same time and decided he should only be introduced to one game (also i can't see why they decided that). i was so sad when i read he was that close to being in kingdom hearts. he's my favorite final fantasy character of all time and i really want him to be put in kh3

Agreed. Laguna MUST make an appearance in Kingdom Hearts III if for no other reason than to have something like this:

[video=youtube;6wxRovS_1hc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wxRovS_1hc[/video]

EXCUSE ME BUT AQUA IS IN LOVE WITH CINDERELLA YOU DWEEB!

D'oh, we all missed!

It's probably the issue of canon and using it to fill in holes within the story. Despite the fact that this is a separate universe, most people decide out of habit that what happened in the original canon of the series must have happened in some form in the Kingdom Hearts universe. For example, Cloud barely talks and/or socializes with anyone in the Kingdom Hearts games. One can assume that part of this is simply due to the fact that the story focuses mostly on Sora, Donald and Goofy and that Cloud, like many other characters in the series, is simply the (anti)hero of his own story. Some, however, try to find reasons for this beyond that rationale and ultimately, they simply go with what they know from the original universe and try to apply that here in the Kingdom Hearts universe. They ask, "Why is Cloud so distant in these games? Did something happen to him?" to which they answer, due to the above, "Maybe Sephiroth caused some sort of Nibelhiem incident which eventually led to Cloud and Zack being on the run with Zack sacrificing his life for Cloud. That would scar anyone." I myself fall into this at times not so much due to lack of imagination, but simply due to the fact that I assume that they might follow bits of the canon to some extent. Some of the Disney worlds have shades of this where some of the worlds are a copy-paste replica of the movie only condensed with dashes of Sora, Donald, Goofy, Terra, Aqua, Ven, Roxas, Riku, etc. thrown in. Obviously, this isn't true for all, but there you go.

Furthermore, what people tend to forget too is that Sephiroth possibly wasn't always an evil son of a bitch, as Nomura himself hinted at when speaking about him in the BBS Ultimania:

BBS Ultimania said:
-- Who is the hero "similar to Terra" that Zack aspires to be like?
Nomura: As in the original game, it's Sephiroth. In "KHI FM" and "KHII" Sephiroth was portrayed as a being of darkness, but at the time of "KH BbS" we don't know whether or not he was a being of darkness.

I vaguely recall reading about that. Sephiroth not always being a being of darkness or him being one while pretending not to be was something that I wished was explored more in other titles.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I was just complaining about this yesterday. It's really weird. Aerith is alive, YRP are faeries, Seifer is a kid, Vivi is...Vivi, and Squall isn't an ineffectual jerk. You'd think that this idea that the KH version are not their FF counterparts would click at some point and yet "Zack is dead!" is the common response.

Which excites me a lot because good!Sephiroth was always the better Sephiroth in my opinion.

It really makes me wonder where people have been the last 13 years.

I'm rarely getting riled up but this one is really starting to become one of my pet peeves, just like there still being those around who propose including FF worlds in the series when it was officially ruled out because the FF characters in KH are NOT the same as the ones of the FF universe.
There exists no Midgar, Balamb Garden or Spira or whatever, we already know from where most of the FF cameos hail in this universe.

Heh, we're in the same boat on that one as I also prefer good/Hero!Sephiroth to insane/evil momma's boy!Sephiroth.
While he was a little aloof and distanced while still sane in his mind, he was a decent enough fellow after all and his interactions with Zack (and him shutting up Genesis about his constant Loveless-babbling) were golden moments of awesome.

Sometimes I get the vibe that some people are in deliberate denial...<___<

On youtube ignoring all the "side games" as they wait for KH3.

If it was only this I wouldn't wonder too much about it as those who dismiss everything that isn't on a home console and doesn't have a roman numeral as "unimportant" aren't the brightest when it comes to how the KH universe works anyways.
No, I've seen and read this notion more often than not also from people who follow the series more closely.

It's probably the issue of canon and using it to fill in holes within the story. Despite the fact that this is a separate universe, most people decide out of habit that what happened in the original canon of the series must have happened in some form in the Kingdom Hearts universe. For example, Cloud barely talks and/or socializes with anyone in the Kingdom Hearts games. One can assume that part of this is simply due to the fact that the story focuses mostly on Sora, Donald and Goofy and that Cloud, like many other characters in the series, is simply the (anti)hero of his own story. Some, however, try to find reasons for this beyond that rationale and ultimately, they simply go with what they know from the original universe and try to apply that here in the Kingdom Hearts universe. They ask, "Why is Cloud so distant in these games? Did something happen to him?" to which they answer, due to the above, "Maybe Sephiroth caused some sort of Nibelhiem incident which eventually led to Cloud and Zack being on the run with Zack sacrificing his life for Cloud. That would scar anyone." I myself fall into this at times not so much due to lack of imagination, but simply due to the fact that I assume that they might follow bits of the canon to some extent. Some of the Disney worlds have shades of this where some of the worlds are a copy-paste replica of the movie only condensed with dashes of Sora, Donald, Goofy, Terra, Aqua, Ven, Roxas, Riku, etc. thrown in. Obviously, this isn't true for all, but there you go.

I vaguely recall reading about that. Sephiroth not always being a being of darkness or him being one while pretending not to be was something that I wished was explored more in other titles.

That is exactly the issue though, the FF canon has no bearings on the KH canon and that has been officially stated. There may be similarities in personality and character quirks as a nod/shout out to the original FF incarnation, but at the core they're fundamentally different characters.
Alone the fact that the FF characters hail from completely different worlds (i.e. Cifer, Fuu and Rai from Twilight Town, but Squall(Leon) from Radiant Garden) even when originally from the same FF-title should get people already thinking that in the KH canon things are different.
We do not know Zack's home world, but his clothing style actually indicates that in KH canon he may actually hail from Olympus Coliseum and does not even have any connection to the Radiant Garden crew around Leon, Cloud, Tifa and Aerith.
See there though, the Disney worlds are again a different pair of shoes. Unlike the FF characters, which are designed as cameo characters inserted into the KH Universe, the Disney elements regardless if worlds or characters form the basis and setting of this same universe and Disney did instruct Square to mostly adhere with Disney canon at least in terms of the individual movies (general Disney characters like MDG, Pete etc. being excluded. Maleficent is so far the only real constant exception).
With the FF characters, Square (and thus Nomura) that free reign to decide.
I can't find the actual statement right now but I do remember him stating that he specifically chose to make the FF characters in KH independent from their original incarnation in order to show them in different roles and situations than their "original" universe would allow.

If anything like this will get "explored" at all it will be either by a report or by an optional side quest. The FF characters rarely get any true focus on their own stories due to their cameo roles, that was also one of the reasons as to why Leon & co. as children were cut from BBS eventually.

WanPisu

Awards
Surprised to see people this interested in Zack. Was he that much fun and interesting in Crisis Core and/or BBS? Or is it just the Aqua-Zack shippers talking right now?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Surprised to see people this interested in Zack. Was he that much fun and interesting in Crisis Core and/or BBS? Or is it just the Aqua-Zack shippers talking right now?

Lol you must not be familiar with the Zack craze. Once Crisis Core released, Zack's popularity worldwide shot up. In Japan he often tops popularity charts for male FF characters, even above Cloud. His likable personality paired with his tragic fate has cemented him as an all-time favorite.

I don't think anybody truly ships Zack and Aqua outside of joking.

WanPisu

Awards
Lol you must not be familiar with the Zack craze. Once Crisis Core released, Zack's popularity worldwide shot up. In Japan he often tops popularity charts for male FF characters, even above Cloud. His likable personality paired with his tragic fate has cemented him as an all-time favorite.

I don't think anybody truly ships Zack and Aqua outside of joking.

You're right, I'm actually not familiar with it. Having just played FF7 for the first time and never tried Crisis Core doesn't help either. Very interesting. Seems like I'm missing out.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
A Kingdom Hearts game centered on Zack in the distant future maybe?
Probably not, since he is FF character and not a keyblade wielder. There may be a future game where a KH protagonist will work with Zack throughout the story as a party member, but that's as far as it would go.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You're right, I'm actually not familiar with it. Having just played FF7 for the first time and never tried Crisis Core doesn't help either. Very interesting. Seems like I'm missing out.

This is from 2012, but it still holds true.

Japan ranks their favorite male characters from the Final Fantasy series | Nova Crystallis

If you have a PSP, I recommend playing Crisis Core. Here is a thread that might better explain why people like Crisis Core and if it is worth playing.

http://forums.khinsider.com/final-fantasy-series/201196-crisis-core-worth-playing.html

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I would like to see more of Zack in KHIII, or in future KH games. All thou I haven`t played Crisis Core(I really want to, I even have a PSP, but the game is hard to find), Zack was a really nice person, and always when I was watching a scene involving him, I had this huge grin on my face. Also his mysterious disappearance shown in the credits looked interesting.

Now that were are talking about the FF stuff in KH, I kinda wan to ask this: Do you guys still meet to people who are pissed that Sora(or any other KH character) can defeat strong characters like Cloud, Sephiroth etc...? The other day I watched some Sephiroth boss fight clips from YouTube, and there were some really pissed off people in the comment section:"How can an kid wearing clown shoes and a key beat Sephiroth etc..." I don`t really understand this. Why this is something that people get upset about?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Now that were are talking about the FF stuff in KH, I kinda wan to ask this: Do you guys still meet to people who are pissed that Sora(or any other KH character) can defeat strong characters like Cloud, Sephiroth etc...? The other day I watched some Sephiroth boss fight clips from YouTube, and there were some really pissed off people in the comment section:"How can an kid wearing clown shoes and a key beat Sephiroth etc..." I don`t really understand this. Why this is something that people get upset about?

I don't get that either. They've got this style-is-everything mentality I associate with high-schoolers and I'm not going to give it much credence. Sora's been through an entire game's worth of combat experience too. Three now, which is more than Cloud. Suck it up. The only thing that maybe puts Sora low on the scale is his age.

Fun Fact, though: in KH1, Sephiroth is actually fighting you with his off-hand, his right (he fights Cloud that way, too, but either he's not taking Cloud very seriously either or more likely the devs are just relying on existing resources). In KH2, he uses his left hand and both hands, as per other appearances. This is consistent with other examples of Sora being stronger in KH2 against repeat opponents, it's one of KH2's nice little touches.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Yeah, though the FFVII protagonists are one of the few FF protagonists in their early twenties, so we're talking about a gap of about five years. That would be big enough to matter in the real world that I could imagine someone bringing it up here... if we weren't talking about world-saving magic-wielding heroes who have slain thousands of monsters.

As far as I'm concerned, they're probably all about the same level, and anything else would be splitting spiky hairs.

Antar

Awards
Sora fightingSephiroth wasn't canon, but Sephiroth and Cloud's fight in KH1 was canon.

Huh, I didn't know that.

Again, anything could have happened. It was left ambiguous for a reason.

Just like many other hints and nods in KH.
It's a very good chance Sephiroth is responsible for Zack's disappearance in any way, even if Zack isn't dead. But, hey, I can't say this is the definite fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back