• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why is Aqua so popular?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
AQUA HAS IT EPICALLY GOOD FANDOM WISE:

Seriously its literally all I hear about KH nowadays. Normura even mentioned in an interview how popular she is getting. She's so popular that she has 3 playable scenarios, though Im only going to count the each as a new world and a new boss(and new keyblade). The Final Episode being the new boss and bonus keyblade, and the Secret Episode being a new world, which of course comes with its own new boss, keyblade, areas and cutscenes. Now, the protagonist of BBS v2 is likely going to be Aqua.

PLUS WHO DOESNT TALK ABOUT HER BOOBS!

Yeah, Im not against it, I love her too!

Aqua's the first strong original female lead. Easily one of the best playable characters in the entire series.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
Aqua is also the first keyblade wielder we see obtain Master status. She appealed to me because she makes a great playable character, she has a personality I like, and she is the first real playable female character in the series and me, being a girl, likes the chance to play as a girl character for once. Oh and of course she looks beautiful. That is definetly a bonus.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Aqua is also the first keyblade wielder we see obtain Master status. She appealed to me because she makes a great playable character, she has a personality I like, and she is the first real playable female character in the series and me, being a girl, likes the chance to play as a girl character for once. Oh and of course she looks beautiful. That is definetly a bonus.

Yeah, there is that.

Also, her playstyle is rather awesome too. She cartwheels instead of dodging, she creates a barrier that surrounds her instead of just a front block, she can double jump (and it's not called Aerial Recovery this time, it's actually Doubleflight or something)... Also, she's the first magic-centric character we can play as. She's rather nimble.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Aqua( who is technically the main character in BBS) is the first main character in the kingdom hearts timeline thus she deserves the praise a main character gets

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I wonder if she's going to get a new outfit,i'll also love to see aqua with long hair.

I think they're gonna stick with that one because I remember her outfit in the game is the one Disney agreed with after like 3 or 4 designs.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Aqua( who is technically the main character in BBS) is the first main character in the kingdom hearts timeline thus she deserves the praise a main character gets

Imo, BBS is tricky like that. Aqua is confirmed by Nomura to be the main character, but the 'main character' in what context? In the sense that she's the hero; the character we see through until the end? It's definitely not that the game is about her, since ultimately every scenario revolves around Terra. Even Ven gets his own little spin-off adventure in the midst of everything. So in the end, can you really say that she's the only main character of BBS?

I think they're gonna stick with that one because I remember her outfit in the game is the one Disney agreed with after like 3 or 4 designs.

I don't quite remember it being Disney who objected to it, but her original corset design really didn't make much sense at all ^^

Mister E

I like Aqua quite a lot myself, mostly because she's a genuinely good person as a character who really cares for her friends, but this also turns out to be her biggest downfall; saving Terra-Xehanort because she believes that Terra can regain control of his body, and thus causing the events of the following games. She pays the price for that by being trapped in the Dark Realm for over a decade, and yet she never succumbs to Darkness or loses hope.

That's a pretty cool character dynamic if you ask me; it makes you feel bad for her as she was only trying to do the right thing because of her belief in Terra, but you also respect her for being so goddamned resilient.

Also her character design is rad and blue hair is always a plus.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
Titties+keyblade+plot relevence=immense popularity

Also the fact that her playstyle was the funniest between the 3 dosnt hurt either.

*Though personally I don't care for her to much*

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

I was thinking they would change her outfit after she got out of the RoD. I mean she has been in the same outfit in the story for 10 years technically. I would think that might merit a wardrobe change of some kind.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I was thinking they would change her outfit after she got out of the RoD. I mean she has been in the same outfit in the story for 10 years technically. I would think that might merit a wardrobe change of some kind.

She was wearing the exact same outfit 4 years before BBS. And though it may be 11 years in RoL time, RoD time doesn't even come close xD

But imo, it's likely that Nomura may use the "people think it doesn't move the plot forward = new outfit" logic he's using for 3D. I'm not complaining though; a new outfit for Aqua (and Terra) would be much appreciated~

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
She was wearing the exact same outfit 4 years before BBS. And though it may be 11 years in RoL time, RoD time doesn't even come close xD

But imo, it's likely that Nomura may use the "people think it doesn't move the plot forward = new outfit" logic he's using for 3D. I'm not complaining though; a new outfit for Aqua (and Terra) would be much appreciated~

I know I would still love an outfit change after all that still. XD She probably is not too worried about her wardrobe though after all she has been through.
New outfits are always appreciated really, but I do not mind if they keep their current outfits either.

Zul

Awards
It's too much work these days to have clothes change based on what armor one is wearing *sadface*. Though I can't remember any FF that had clothes change based on armor, only weapon.

I'd like that but they'd never put that in.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I hope he doesn't do that because my question is, where would she get this new outfit? Would she sew it out of the drapes in Castle of Dreams or something O_O???

I don't quite remember it being Disney who objected to it, but her original corset design really didn't make much sense at all ^^

Like any of the hairstyles in the game did lmao xP

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Aqua's the first strong original female lead. Easily one of the best playable characters in the entire series.

And technically the strongest of the trio seeing as how she beat both Venitas (with Mickey's help) and Terranort. She is my favorite of the three as well.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I never knew that she was popular to me she comes off as the annoying bubble shooting blue hair bimbo i favor Terra personally.
how is she a bimbo? you becuase she looks good or do you think she is not smart

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
And technically the strongest of the trio seeing as how she beat both Venitas (with Mickey's help) and Terranort. She is my favorite of the three as well.

You can't properly gauge her strength from those battles since she had help from Ven and Terra fighting from the inside.

how is she a bimbo? you becuase she looks good or do you think she is not smart

Dictionary.com
1. a foolish, stupid, or inept person.
2. a man or fellow, often a disreputable or contemptible one.
3. and attractive but stupid young woman especially one with loose morals.

Last edited:

Ronove

Well, she's a soldier who does her job competently. That adds to the "badass" appeal she possesses. She's like a more stoic version of Sora. And of course, my favorite character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back