• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why haven't we seen DS face yet?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
BBs should be coming out summer of '09 in japan and we haven't gotten any updates thus far since the jump festa 2008 which was useless giving us stuff we already know, nothing new...so yeah how come we havent' see DS face yet? Why still hide his face? Have they came up with his face design yet? is dis the reason? does he have a face resemblance to someone that we already know? or is there nothing behind the helmet?
if he's a new character they should have shown his face by now. i mean look at Xion. they finally revealed hers. What do you think?
discuss.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
so yeah how come we havent' see DS face yet? Why still hide his face?

Suspense/build up, no reason at alll

Have they came up with his face design yet?

Uh...of course they have. The entire game/story/character designs are mapped out by this point. It's just a matter of making the game proper.

does he have a face resemblance to someone that we already know? or is there nothing behind the helmet?

Possibly. Though I'm inclined to think there *is* something behind the helmet.

if he's a new character they should have shown his face by now.

Tell that to all the Organization members from KH2 whose faces nobody saw until nearer to the game's release date.

Last edited:

Samhain

Bronze Member
Tell that to all the Organization members from KH2 whose faces nobody saw until the game came out.

not true. we had scans from certain members such as Demyx, Xaldin, Luxord, Axel. The guys who were kept "hidden" were only Saix, and Xemnas. Then they finally showed us Saix but we didn't know his name. Xemnas was the last one to be shown but he was still shown before the game came out in USA.

There was a late trailer of KH2 that was released in Dec 2005 that they showed us everyone's face (besides Xemnas and Riku, Diz). It was already released in japan but it wasn't released in usa or any areas till about 3 months later so...we still seen their face.
well they showed us Xemnas on the sides but not really his whole face figure but still.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
There was a late trailer of KH2 that was released in Dec 2005 that they showed us everyone's face (besides Xemnas and Riku, Diz). It was already released in japan but it wasn't released in usa or any areas till about 3 months later so...we still seen their face.
well they showed us Xemnas on the sides but not really his whole face figure but still.

That was very close to the release date of the game in Japan. Notice how we know what Xion looks like and Days is the game that's coming out first. What makes you think we won't see DS's face in a trailer near BBS's release?

Also, you do realize that just because he looks like someone we've seen before doesn't necessarily mean he can't be a new character, right? Technically speaking, VAT all look like previous characters but they're new characters regardless.

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Maybe because he just doesn't have a face.

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
we haven't seen it because the developers and publishers haven't seen fit to show it to us yet....

and unless we know who DS is at the beginning of the game i believe we won't know till close to the end of the game, like a big reveal/twist.

Muse

you look atrocious
Maybe we're not meant to see DS's face until BBS actually gets released. :/ If they're going to release footage of DS's face, then they're likely to do it closer to BBS' release date, not now when Days is close to being released.

D

DeathTomoko

maybe he isnt a very important character to reveal his face? or maybe its ven's darkness? lol idk where i come up with that one

D

DeathTomoko

oh ok, so lets se....aqua and MX are the least shown very important maybe?

xion has been shown so much, must mean not so important. yeah, yeah.

Muse

you look atrocious
Xehanort is one of the less seen characters in KH.
And yet, he's one of the most important, considering he's the one who created the Heartless and Nobodies.

So DS and not having his face revealed yet, may prove to be an important character.

I'm on the bandwagon that he doesn't have a face, though. :/

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

1. Don't spam.
2. It's true. Look at KH1. The more important [storyline] characters were seen as less as mid characters.

Case in point, Mickey was seen only once. And he was the object of JDG's search.

Sora, however is seen all the time. He is exempt from this rule because he is the main character.

But look at Days and BBS. He's hardly seen. My point is true whether or not you want to admit it.

A

Audo

lol BBS is so not coming out in Summer '09.
And in case you haven't noticed, there has only been one in-game cutscene feature the DS shown over the entire year and a half that the game has been announced.
There haven't been new DS/MX cutscenes in trailers since the game was first announced.

A

Audo

lol, contrary to what Karate thinks, not being shown doesn't mean you're important - or "more" important.
It just means you're not being shown. ¬.¬
Besides, Nomura's ambiguity toward the DS' identity seems to suggest that - yes - it is a character we have seen before, and thus, his reveal would be better saved for in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back