• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who do you think is the most annoying boss ever!?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Who do you think is the most annoying boss ever?????!!!!!!!!!!!

It only feels good because you know you don't have to do it anymore. Overall, fighting MF as Terra is annoying and just not enjoyable, that's my gripe with it. After finishing a boss, I should enjoy it because I had fun versing him and I'd do it again. I cannot say that of Terra fighting MF, after finishing it I had no desire to ever go back...and...I never have. I know in BbSFM they nerfed him a bit so at least in KH2FM it'll be more possible, but in terms of BbS, nope.

Exactly, I've defeated the MF with Terra after 50+ tries, mainly because it also depends partly on luck. With that you're relieved when you finally got it over with.
With Aqua I bested him in about seven tries while with Ventus I haven't tried him yet, but I would imagine since Ven is the swiftest and smallest one of the characters he can handle MF as easy as Aqua if not even more easier thanks to glide and dodge roll.

Though I do find him far easier than his kh1 fight or any of the secret bosses I to had to fight him multiple times to beat him so don't think your alone there. xD
The way to stop his heartless angel move is to attack him before he can use it. [while he's floating up]

I do not believe actually that there are that many people out there who beat even KH2 Sephy on the first try.
He is definitely harder than any average KH boss fight.

Sephiroth in KH2 is easier than his KH1 incarnation all in all though, but not because his moves would be cheaper. In fact, KH2-Sephys moves are upgrades of his KH1 ones. His normal sword attack from 1 is a combo attack in 2, his flame pillars are not only more (three in KH 1, multiple in KH2), but also suck you in.
In KH 1 he perfoms Heartless Angel on the ground in a relatively small area and you can easily interrupt him with Strike Raid, while in 2 he floats up in the air out of reach if you're not fast enough, his shadow flares home in on you after a while in 2 and his Meteor attack covers a way bigger field than in KH 1.

The main problem lies in the issue that a) KH 2 is generally too easy because you can interrupt Sephy more often than you could in 1 and b) because Sora is ridiculously overpowered in 2, especially if you took time to level up the drive forms and/or know how to spam Reflega, which is curiously the only magic that can harm him.
In KH2 Final Mix the Limit Form, which you even can use alone, makes Sephy a walk in the park.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Exactly, I've defeated the MF with Terra after 50+ tries, mainly because it also depends partly on luck. With that you're relieved when you finally got it over with.

I forgot about this. With Terra, if MF uses his whip move that 1 hit KOs you (even if you have Once More and Second Chance activated since the game counts it as 2 separate hits even though it's one hit string, BbSFM fixed this), Terra's slide (his dodge move) cannot evade it so if your in his range ever and he does this, you're automatically dead. You have to get lucky that while fighting him, he never does this move because if so, it's nearly an auto-KO which really isn't fair. Luck-based games aren't bad, but when you're fighting a boss and he can never do this one move or you'll die throughout the whole battle, that's just really unfair -.-

The main problem lies in the issue that a) KH 2 is generally too easy because you can interrupt Sephy more often than you could in 1 and b) because Sora is ridiculously overpowered in 2, especially if you took time to level up the drive forms and/or know how to spam Reflega, which is curiously the only magic that can harm him.
In KH2 Final Mix the Limit Form, which you even can use alone, makes Sephy a walk in the park.

Not to mention that, regardless of form, given the right abilities activated, you can do a hit string that takes away nearly 1.5 bars from Sephy (if you're a high enough level as well) so it really dumbs him down.

Gram

Banned
Awards

I do not believe actually that there are that many people out there who beat even KH2 Sephy on the first try.
He is definitely harder than any average KH boss fight.

Sephiroth in KH2 is easier than his KH1 incarnation all in all though, but not because his moves would be cheaper. In fact, KH2-Sephys moves are upgrades of his KH1 ones. His normal sword attack from 1 is a combo attack in 2, his flame pillars are not only more (three in KH 1, multiple in KH2), but also suck you in.
In KH 1 he perfoms Heartless Angel on the ground in a relatively small area and you can easily interrupt him with Strike Raid, while in 2 he floats up in the air out of reach if you're not fast enough, his shadow flares home in on you after a while in 2 and his Meteor attack covers a way bigger field than in KH 1.

I dont either, I've never heard of a person beating him in one try on their first try.

Agreed, it all honestly falls back into how easy kh2 was overall and how overpowered they made Sora for 'flashyness'. Especially if you have leveled to the point you have a negative combo or two which can bring your combo down to nothing but finishers which with explosion equipped can really hammer down his hp.

Xaldin was very annoying i remember having to use mickey for that battle like 3-4 times before finally dieing lol. Demnyx was also very annoying with his, "dance water dance!" line.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I forgot about this. With Terra, if MF uses his whip move that 1 hit KOs you (even if you have Once More and Second Chance activated since the game counts it as 2 separate hits even though it's one hit string, BbSFM fixed this), Terra's slide (his dodge move) cannot evade it so if your in his range ever and he does this, you're automatically dead. You have to get lucky that while fighting him, he never does this move because if so, it's nearly an auto-KO which really isn't fair. Luck-based games aren't bad, but when you're fighting a boss and he can never do this one move or you'll die throughout the whole battle, that's just really unfair -.-

Not to mention that, regardless of form, given the right abilities activated, you can do a hit string that takes away nearly 1.5 bars from Sephy (if you're a high enough level as well) so it really dumbs him down.

It's funny, but Terra actually can evade it if you have extremely strict timing and dodge towards the MF. Any other direction won't work, and in the heat of battle you often aren't calm enough to dodge directly towards MF. Aqua has no problems at all evading MF's moves, and although I haven't done it with Ventus yet, I would assume he's the same since he has the best evasion moves (Aqua is better with blocking though, as her barrier makes his sword combos and the laser orbs a piece of cake).
My biggest problem with Terra were actually the laser orbs, because Terra has a notable lag between each dodge-slide.

That comes indeed on top of it, and it's one of the reasons why I actually do not want the KH 2 battle system back and prefer the BBS and DDD system highly over it. Not only is KH 2 button-mashing en grande (even more than KH 1), with these available long hit boxes Sora was simply a hacking machine similar to a saw in a lumbermill who only hits everything left and right until 1.5 bars are gone. You only need to interrupt Sephy once in order to give him maximum punishment in gameplay terms.
If they let Sephy return one more time (and then please let him 1) be refightable and 2) not be the only extra boss) he should definitely gain the ability to block your attacks. Maybe he should include his "Scintilla"-attack from Dissidia in his moveset.

I dont either, I've never heard of a person beating him in one try on their first try.

Agreed, it all honestly falls back into how easy kh2 was overall and how overpowered they made Sora for 'flashyness'. Especially if you have leveled to the point you have a negative combo or two which can bring your combo down to nothing but finishers which with explosion equipped can really hammer down his hp.

Yeah, if that would have been, it would have shown how broken the battle system in KH 2 really was, especially regarding Sora and his overpowered abilities. I remember that while I came close to dying in the Xaldin battle (thank you, Donald), died once or twice against Saix and Xigbar, the only other battle I frequently died beside Sephiroth (at first) was the second-to-last round in the Hades Paradox cup when you have to fight Leon, Cloud, Yuffie and Tifa at the same time.

I actually try when playing KH 2 to not equip Explosion, mainly also because it deals multiple hits and with all negative combos equipped you can basically spam it like Reflega.
Yep, once you know how to counter his moves and interrupt Sephy, which leaves him unrealistically open for a boss that is supposed to be that strong, the fight is only long because it takes some time to deplete those 20+ health bars, not because Sephy is actually still a challenge then.
Still, I won't say that KH 2-Sephiroth is the easiest extra boss in the series, as Ice Titan and Julius are even easier.

Xaldin was very annoying i remember having to use mickey for that battle like 3-4 times before finally dieing lol. Demnyx was also very annoying with his, "dance water dance!" line.

When first going against Xaldin I was pretty desperate how to find out to cancel his wind shield so that I could attack him. It took me two or three times of near-dying (thanks to Donald, who surprisingly didn't die and who I equipped with Ethers before the fight) to realize that you cannot cancel Xaldin's wind shield and you have to fight him solely with the reaction commands.

I found Demyx annoying in general, he just gets in your way all the time and says stupid things, which is one reason why I wanted to finish the fight with him as fast as possible. He also isn't really difficult as in that he's strong, since that dreaded defeat ten water forms in ten seconds (which are 15 seconds in final mix if I recall right) is just a gameplay mechanic and there is no plausible explanation as to why Sora would suddenly lose if he fails to beat the water forms that fast.

kupo1121

Awards

It's funny, but Terra actually can evade it if you have extremely strict timing and dodge towards the MF. Any other direction won't work, and in the heat of battle you often aren't calm enough to dodge directly towards MF.

Mind...blown O_O I never would have thought of that and there is no way I'm going to go fight him now to try that but it's a nice tidbit to know.

Aqua has no problems at all evading MF's moves, and although I haven't done it with Ventus yet, I would assume he's the same since he has the best evasion moves (Aqua is better with blocking though, as her barrier makes his sword combos and the laser orbs a piece of cake).

I found Ven just as easy as Aqua since who really needs to block when you're pretty much invincible with his dodge roll??? At least I found myself rarely ever blocking MF with Aqua or Ventus.

My biggest problem with Terra were actually the laser orbs, because Terra has a notable lag between each dodge-slide.

I don't know if you used the Surge technique where you just equip surges, but after his dash, if you time it properly, you can surge a little more forward and stay invincible and the time between surge-slide is significantly less than slide-slide so it's easier to dodge that move...still not completely easy though, not at all.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Yeah, if that would have been, it would have shown how broken the battle system in KH 2 really was, especially regarding Sora and his overpowered abilities. I remember that while I came close to dying in the Xaldin battle (thank you, Donald), died once or twice against Saix and Xigbar, the only other battle I frequently died beside Sephiroth (at first) was the second-to-last round in the Hades Paradox cup when you have to fight Leon, Cloud, Yuffie and Tifa at the same time.

I actually try when playing KH 2 to not equip Explosion, mainly also because it deals multiple hits and with all negative combos equipped you can basically spam it like Reflega.
Yep, once you know how to counter his moves and interrupt Sephy, which leaves him unrealistically open for a boss that is supposed to be that strong, the fight is only long because it takes some time to deplete those 20+ health bars, not because Sephy is actually still a challenge then.
Still, I won't say that KH 2-Sephiroth is the easiest extra boss in the series, as Ice Titan and Julius are even easier.

I was the same, the only one I died repeatedly on was Xaldin and that was in my first playthrough after that even he was childsplay.

I dont equip it often either however I do put as many neg combos as I can get because of how annoying I find sora's long combos. Even his basic 3 hit one gets ridiculous as you go.
Out of all the secret bosses I wouldn't rank him easiest either but he's still low on the list for me cause the only ones I find easier than him are Kurt Zisa and the Phantom in kh1.

Well I did play KH 2 Final Mix at my friends house who had a japanese PS2 and had the Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix and I have to say at first Roxas is very annoying if you don't know how to fight him, he moves very quickly and has light beams going after you once you get him down to certain amount of HP.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Well I did play KH 2 Final Mix at my friends house who had a japanese PS2 and had the Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix and I have to say at first Roxas is very annoying if you don't know how to fight him, he moves very quickly and has light beams going after you once you get him down to certain amount of HP.

Roxas is definitely a difficult boss but cause he's one hell of a challenge to beat but I wouldn't say that he's necessarily annoying.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Mind...blown O_O I never would have thought of that and there is no way I'm going to go fight him now to try that but it's a nice tidbit to know.
I found that one out from some early let's play-video, one I am sure that is by now deleted from Youtube. I actually managed to do that once or twice, but in 9 of 10 cases you're just too hectic during the heat of battle to act that precise.
Not to mention when it is said that the timing is strict it means very strict, lol.

Long story short Terra is simply the one with the most problems regarding the secret bosses.

I found Ven just as easy as Aqua since who really needs to block when you're pretty much invincible with his dodge roll??? At least I found myself rarely ever blocking MF with Aqua or Ventus.
If you have renewal block equipped, blocking his sword combos and the "X"-projectile can come in handy. Not to mention the laser orbs are totally harmless with Aqua's barrier.

I don't know if you used the Surge technique where you just equip surges, but after his dash, if you time it properly, you can surge a little more forward and stay invincible and the time between surge-slide is significantly less than slide-slide so it's easier to dodge that move...still not completely easy though, not at all.
With Terra you're almost forced to use the Surge-strategy (shotlock strategy with using only 3 to 4 lock ons then shoot also works, but is slower with less damage), but attacking the MF by using a Surge while the orbs are still out is a bad idea, since he then starts to use his other attacks again and dodging those and the orbs is close to impossible.
I read somewhere that using Wingblade (thus putting some double-crunch ice cream in your deck) is also very effective against the MF, but since I didn't try him yet with Ven I cannot confirm this as viable.
I do know though that another strategy for beating him with all three characters is to use Mine spells (they do not hurt him cuz he hovers over them) to fill up the command gauge, then use the strongest available finisher.

I was the same, the only one I died repeatedly on was Xaldin and that was in my first playthrough after that even he was childsplay.

I dont equip it often either however I do put as many neg combos as I can get because of how annoying I find sora's long combos. Even his basic 3 hit one gets ridiculous as you go.
Out of all the secret bosses I wouldn't rank him easiest either but he's still low on the list for me cause the only ones I find easier than him are Kurt Zisa and the Phantom in kh1.

This is also one of the main reasons why I am not so keen on Nomura and co. wanting to use the KH 2 system as a base, as out of all battle systems excluding maybe the original CoM's and Days, I found KH 2's system to be the most annoying and boring.
A close to ideal battle system in my view would be if they create a mix out of the KH 1, BBS and DDD battle system maybe with the leveling Keyblades from Coded included, but with no traces of KH 2 in them, especially no more overpowered Drive Forms.

Yep, negative combos are in fact a blessing also when keeping in mind that only a finisher (or magic) can actually end a boss fight in KH 2. This system really had overlong combos and way too much in terms of button mashery. KH 2 was really more fancy animations and flashy over-the-top combos than a balanced battle system. Now if they would add different combos which require different buttons and button sequences, like i.e. in the PS2 game "LoTR: Return of the King" or in the Force Unleashed games, that would actually make combos interesting, although if KH certainly has something it doesn't have a rarity on it is doing physical attacks and hacking with your weapon left and right without any finesse to it.

Kurt Zisa really depends on your reflexes to a degree, while the Phantom is only dangerous because of that Doom counter and takes long due to the color-changing orb. It doesn't have any other remarkable attacks though. Ice Titan I found also easier than KH 2 Sephiroth since all you need to do is deflect his icicles back at him and occasionally evade the big chunks of ice or the frost breath. Julius is also easier in my view.

Vanitas' Remnant, Mysterious Figure, Lingering Sentiment, KH 1 Sephy and most of the Org XIII Data battles are more challenging than KH 2 Sephy though.

Gram

Banned
Awards

This is also one of the main reasons why I am not so keen on Nomura and co. wanting to use the KH 2 system as a base, as out of all battle systems excluding maybe the original CoM's and Days, I found KH 2's system to be the most annoying and boring.
A close to ideal battle system in my view would be if they create a mix out of the KH 1, BBS and DDD battle system maybe with the leveling Keyblades from Coded included, but with no traces of KH 2 in them, especially no more overpowered Drive Forms.
Agreed, kh2's system was just to dull. I even found the forms that so many love to be a waste. [except for anit]
One of my big gripes with Days is them damn level panels, it limited what space you had in the panel system so much it was just pointless to even bother with.

I wish he would use kh1's system as well, it had the best mp bar imo though I'd like to have a mix of kh1 and recoded than bbs or ddd. I always found recoded to be the most enjoyable of the systems and in most ways the most balanced. Like how abilities was equipped to accessories or how the keyblades leveled and changed your combat style. These two things alone gave you incentive to add a bit of strategy to which accessory or keyblade.

Sephiroth0812 said:
Yep, negative combos are in fact a blessing also when keeping in mind that only a finisher (or magic) can actually end a boss fight in KH 2. This system really had overlong combos and way too much in terms of button mashery. KH 2 was really more fancy animations and flashy over-the-top combos than a balanced battle system. Now if they would add different combos which require different buttons and button sequences, like i.e. in the PS2 game "LoTR: Return of the King" or in the Force Unleashed games, that would actually make combos interesting, although if KH certainly has something it doesn't have a rarity on it is doing physical attacks and hacking with your weapon left and right without any finesse to it.
I hated that most about the combos, needing a finisher to end a boss battle and the magic was especially stupid since magic didn't do much against most bosses.
Even if they tried a force unleashed I can't imagine the combos being interesting.

Sephiroth0812 said:
Kurt Zisa really depends on your reflexes to a degree, while the Phantom is only dangerous because of that Doom counter and takes long due to the color-changing orb. It doesn't have any other remarkable attacks though. Ice Titan I found also easier than KH 2 Sephiroth since all you need to do is deflect his icicles back at him and occasionally evade the big chunks of ice or the frost breath. Julius is also easier in my view.

Vanitas' Remnant, Mysterious Figure, Lingering Sentiment, KH 1 Sephy and most of the Org XIII Data battles are more challenging than KH 2 Sephy though.
It's really a matter of opinion on that cause I find zisa, phantom and titan easier than kh2sephy but had difficulty with Julius.

axel95

Awards

Hydra. Just because of "GET UP ON THE HYDRA'S BACK!" The boss I got the most frustrated with was Julius.

Noel Vermilion

I'll have to say Lingering Vainitas and/or Red Eye. Those two are annoying to the point were you just want to brake your psp into pieces.

kupo1121

Awards

I'll have to say Lingering Vainitas

Have you discovered the rock? Once that happens the battle is really easy haha xD Fighting him on his own turf is still difficult though with Terra imo (without the rock trick I mean).

Gram

Banned
Awards

Have you discovered the rock? Once that happens the battle is really easy haha xD Fighting him on his own turf is still difficult though with Terra imo (without the rock trick I mean).

lmao THE ROCK! x'D The week that was discovered was one of the best on khi~

Sora424

Banned

Sorry to sound like a total boob, but...What rock?

on the battle field where you fight lingering vanitas, there is a rock that you can go behind and attack vanitas since all of his attacks don't go through the rock. it's a easy way of defeating him to obtain the keyblade.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards

OH. That sounds WONDERFUL! I despise fighting that guy...

Hardest boss ever in KH? Well...KH1 Sephy. Only cuz I've never beaten HIM! XD

Sora424

Banned

yeah i had to have my friend beat him for me since i couldn't do it my self since i wasn't very good at video games. not only that but it took like 20 hits to start dealing damage on him which didn't help one bit sephrioth was a jerk in kh1. kh2 how ever made him much easier i think with the commands.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Sorry to sound like a total boob, but...What rock?

lol As sora424 stated its kinda like a glitch. You possession yourself behind the farthest back rock to the right and just keep spamming strike raid through it after vanitas gets stuck on the opposite side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back