• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who do you think is the most annoying boss ever!?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Who do you think is the most annoying boss ever?????!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed, kh2's system was just to dull. I even found the forms that so many love to be a waste. [except for anit]
One of my big gripes with Days is them damn level panels, it limited what space you had in the panel system so much it was just pointless to even bother with.

I wish he would use kh1's system as well, it had the best mp bar imo though I'd like to have a mix of kh1 and recoded than bbs or ddd. I always found recoded to be the most enjoyable of the systems and in most ways the most balanced. Like how abilities was equipped to accessories or how the keyblades leveled and changed your combat style. These two things alone gave you incentive to add a bit of strategy to which accessory or keyblade.

I hated that most about the combos, needing a finisher to end a boss battle and the magic was especially stupid since magic didn't do much against most bosses.
Even if they tried a force unleashed I can't imagine the combos being interesting.

It's really a matter of opinion on that cause I find zisa, phantom and titan easier than kh2sephy but had difficulty with Julius.

Yep, I'd say many love the forms because they're flashy and look "cool". Their main problem was however that they were vastly overpowered, especially Final Form (and in Final Mix Limit Form). On a personal note though I also didn't like that Sora got Dual-wielding, that should have remained a unique ability for Roxas, so that soured the forms even more for me.
That was definitely an issue with Days, especially when you wanted to use a magic-centered strategy you would have not enough space. They should have added either a fourth panel-page to store the level-ups or give the player more double/triple-Level-Up panels so you do not have to use so many single Level-Up panels.

That's indeed it, although even KH 1 invited for button mashing because you can reload your MP by physically attacking. MP itself is imo outdated and limits the player more than it should. in Re: Coded or BBS you could build a magic-centric deck without being in a disadvantage compared to a more physical oriented or mixed playstyle because you do not have the limiting influence of MP and physical techniques that go beyond Keyblade-whacking have also their own recharge times preventing from mindlessly spamming them.
In KH 1 special attacks were also limited, but again by the MP, which put you in the dilemma to choose either magic or special techniques because they both take from the same source, making just going with Keyblade-whacking even more easy because that costs nothing and in most cases helps well enough.

When speaking of the BBS system I am mainly advocating some elements from it rather than the whole system. Like the different finishers for characters, those could be implemented easily and of course the deck commands themselves, which should be able to be leveled (unlike in DDD). Shotlocks and Command Styles I don't know, I'd like those to remain exclusive to TAV, so you should only be able to use those if you control one of those three or they would use them by themselves if they are in your party.
Command Melding should definitely be left out, as it was ridiculously broken in BBS itself, or they should use the Re: Coded variant.
Leveling Keyblades is definitely something they should bring back from Coded, just like the Tech Points from KH 1.

It would not even that bad if Sora wasn't the only one who could kill bosses. Like i.e. if the boss has just 1 HP left and Donald blasts him/her with a spell that would count as a finisher, it damn well should count, but nope.
The main problem with Magic in both PS2 titles was, in my view, that it was way too limited in terms of use. You could end most battles far quicker by just Keyblade whacking and keep the MP for Cure magic. The only enemy I can remember from KH 2 that needed magic to be defeated was that car-Heartless when it started its charge attack.

Of course, it also depends on what strategy one uses and how well your reflexes are, so some super boss that might be easy for one person is extremely difficult for the next.
What was your main Problem with Julius?

Have you discovered the rock? Once that happens the battle is really easy haha xD Fighting him on his own turf is still difficult though with Terra imo (without the rock trick I mean).

Using that is to me like cheating, so I never did that. Unlike Mysterious Figure, Vanitas' Remnant can be handled pretty easily with Terra when you use Aerial Slam and Mine Shields.

DefiantHeart

Awards

I'd have to say some of the bosses from Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance were the most annoying to me. Especially since you HAD to beat them to progress the story. The ones I'm talking about are the ones that keep running away and making them hard to target. I believe it was the two boss versions of Pinoccio's world. Xehanort was especially annoying in all his forms in this one especially. I'm just like, stay still!!! Stop pushing me awaaaayyy! Stop runnning awaaay! Those were the words you could hear from me the most while playing 3D. Best ability to traverse a map, flowmotion. Most annoying bosses and time limit, drop, I have ever seen in a KH game. I'm hoping Nomura keeps flowmotion and gets rid of the annoying factors that were in 3D...

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

lol As sora424 stated its kinda like a glitch. You possession yourself behind the farthest back rock to the right and just keep spamming strike raid through it after vanitas gets stuck on the opposite side.

It's also odd that unlike most games, the AI of Vanitas doesn't realize that you can run around the rock when your specifically at that one point behind the rock so he just keeps running into the rock. If you move slightly left or right though, he'll run around and pummel you.

Using that is to me like cheating, so I never did that. Unlike Mysterious Figure, Vanitas' Remnant can be handled pretty easily with Terra when you use Aerial Slam and Mine Shields.

Very admirable of you haha I cannot say the same of myself with Terra. I beat him with Aqua and Ventus though, since any boss is easy when you have that level of evasion/guarding.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Yep, I'd say many love the forms because they're flashy and look "cool". Their main problem was however that they were vastly overpowered, especially Final Form (and in Final Mix Limit Form). On a personal note though I also didn't like that Sora got Dual-wielding, that should have remained a unique ability for Roxas, so that soured the forms even more for me.
That was definitely an issue with Days, especially when you wanted to use a magic-centered strategy you would have not enough space. They should have added either a fourth panel-page to store the level-ups or give the player more double/triple-Level-Up panels so you do not have to use so many single Level-Up panels.
Agreed, hell even the initial valor form is vastly overpowered despite it's lack of magic. It's likely cause of this that I only ever liked antiform, despite it's powerful moves it was limited in that you could heal, use magic, pick up orbs or even get exp. Plus it's fun to hang anit form from ledges. x'D
Though Limit form was overpowered I did enjoy the design it had as an outfit and wish it had been kh2 sora's actual look.

Honestly I wish they had just gave you normal leveling like in kh1 and kept the panel system entirely free of level panels. It would've opened it vastly and gave you room to tinker with. If it had lacked level panels the panel system may have been rather enjoyable and even strategic to a point.

Sephiroth0812 said:
That's indeed it, although even KH 1 invited for button mashing because you can reload your MP by physically attacking. MP itself is imo outdated and limits the player more than it should. in Re: Coded or BBS you could build a magic-centric deck without being in a disadvantage compared to a more physical oriented or mixed playstyle because you do not have the limiting influence of MP and physical techniques that go beyond Keyblade-whacking have also their own recharge times preventing from mindlessly spamming them.
In KH 1 special attacks were also limited, but again by the MP, which put you in the dilemma to choose either magic or special techniques because they both take from the same source, making just going with Keyblade-whacking even more easy because that costs nothing and in most cases helps well enough.
I dont think mp is outdated per say but just needs reinventing. In a way that isn't just you running about waiting for a recharge like kh2 or bbs but doesn't invite button mashing as is present in all titles to an extent.

Sephiroth0812 said:
When speaking of the BBS system I am mainly advocating some elements from it rather than the whole system. Like the different finishers for characters, those could be implemented easily and of course the deck commands themselves, which should be able to be leveled (unlike in DDD). Shotlocks and Command Styles I don't know, I'd like those to remain exclusive to TAV, so you should only be able to use those if you control one of those three or they would use them by themselves if they are in your party.
Command Melding should definitely be left out, as it was ridiculously broken in BBS itself, or they should use the Re: Coded variant.
Leveling Keyblades is definitely something they should bring back from Coded, just like the Tech Points from KH 1.
I couldn't agree more one tech points and keyblade leveling. I also wish they'd bring back how each keyblade causes you to wield it differently like in recoded and days.
Melding truly is broken and coded had it right. The best part of recoded's melding was you could simiply put two in slots and get a fusion without actually fusing them.
As for finishers I'd prefer a recoded type of style rather than bbs and personally I want something new rather than commands but that a 'to each their own' topic and one best avoided for sake of spamming a thread.

Sephiroth0812 said:
It would not even that bad if Sora wasn't the only one who could kill bosses. Like i.e. if the boss has just 1 HP left and Donald blasts him/her with a spell that would count as a finisher, it damn well should count, but nope.
The main problem with Magic in both PS2 titles was, in my view, that it was way too limited in terms of use. You could end most battles far quicker by just Keyblade whacking and keep the MP for Cure magic. The only enemy I can remember from KH 2 that needed magic to be defeated was that car-Heartless when it started its charge attack.
I agree as far as kh2 but when it comes to kh1 I didnt find magic to be that limited but thats a personal view of it and unlike most I opted to experiment with magic rather than button mash so meh.

Sephiroth0812 said:
Of course, it also depends on what strategy one uses and how well your reflexes are, so some super boss that might be easy for one person is extremely difficult for the next.
What was your main Problem with Julius?
My main problem with Julius was evasion basically.

kupo said:
It's also odd that unlike most games, the AI of Vanitas doesn't realize that you can run around the rock when your specifically at that one point behind the rock so he just keeps running into the rock. If you move slightly left or right though, he'll run around and pummel you.
I found it amusing actually that he got stuck. xD

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Very admirable of you haha I cannot say the same of myself with Terra. I beat him with Aqua and Ventus though, since any boss is easy when you have that level of evasion/guarding.

I would guess that there it is just that some of the programmers screwed up a little when they implemented the wayfinding for the AI of that particular enemy. The fact that you have to stand at one specific point and if you move from that one he can run around the rock to get you sounds almost like as if there is either just one waypoint missing or two waypoints are too much apart so the AI doesn't switch to the next waypoint unless your character moves and causes the AI to recalculate, finally finding the next waypoint.

Heh, thanks, I also won't say that Vanitas' Remnant is easy with Terra, but you can handle that boss easier with him than Mysterious Figure. Yep, Aqua's barrier and Ven's agility really help tremendously when fighting bosses. Terra's main strengths are brute force and heavy damaging attacks, which makes him deadly against big groups of normal enemies because he dishes out so much damage, but ill equipped against bosses that can interrupt you often.

Agreed, hell even the initial valor form is vastly overpowered despite it's lack of magic. It's likely cause of this that I only ever liked antiform, despite it's powerful moves it was limited in that you could heal, use magic, pick up orbs or even get exp. Plus it's fun to hang anit form from ledges. x'D
Though Limit form was overpowered I did enjoy the design it had as an outfit and wish it had been kh2 sora's actual look.

Honestly I wish they had just gave you normal leveling like in kh1 and kept the panel system entirely free of level panels. It would've opened it vastly and gave you room to tinker with. If it had lacked level panels the panel system may have been rather enjoyable and even strategic to a point.

I dont think mp is outdated per say but just needs reinventing. In a way that isn't just you running about waiting for a recharge like kh2 or bbs but doesn't invite button mashing as is present in all titles to an extent.

I couldn't agree more one tech points and keyblade leveling. I also wish they'd bring back how each keyblade causes you to wield it differently like in recoded and days.
Melding truly is broken and coded had it right. The best part of recoded's melding was you could simiply put two in slots and get a fusion without actually fusing them.
As for finishers I'd prefer a recoded type of style rather than bbs and personally I want something new rather than commands but that a 'to each their own' topic and one best avoided for sake of spamming a thread.

I agree as far as kh2 but when it comes to kh1 I didnt find magic to be that limited but thats a personal view of it and unlike most I opted to experiment with magic rather than button mash so meh.

My main problem with Julius was evasion basically.

Valor Form is practically Keyblade whacking in ultimate form you could say. Although when looking at all the forms I have to say that I quite liked Wisdom, lol. With Anti-Form it's a bit expected since it was intended to be a form of "penalty" when abusing the Drive System and fighting bosses in Anti-Form is really, really challenging.
Actually Limit Form's look was too much KH 1-esque for me, and KH 1-Sora's outfit has been used way too often in my opinion.

The issue with normal leveling is though that it is also overused as except Days I think every game in the series also uses it. TWEWY had at least the freedom that you could always choose which level you wanted and Re: Coded had something akin to the Sphereboard in FF X with the StatMatrix (with the difference that the StatMatrix has more room than the Days-Panels and doesn't need magic chips for Data-Sora to be able to use magic at all.)

Of course that is also an issue of viewpoints, as there were games like i.e. FF VII or FF XII where MP was used wisely, since you had enough available so it wasn't really that limiting. Everything having its own recharge time like in BBS should have been actually an incentive to not only stack up your deck with strong commands, as lesser commands have a shorter recharge time (and the reason some people when giving tips to players advocate to include Cura instead of Curaga in your deck because it loads faster), so just running around waiting for all eight commands to recharge should actually be minimized that way.
While all titles have the button-mashing problem to an extent, I'll say that in titles like BBS and DDD button mashing can get you killed more likely than say in KH 1 or especially 2.

Yep, the prospect of being awarded Tech Points was actually an incentive geared against button mashing as it gave a more tactical element to the battles while leveling Keyblades would make each Keyblade somewhat more useful if they gain a different support ability which each gained level. So you wouldn't just look on stats when choosing a Keyblade.
They could even expand upon that and give each Keyblade a different additional bonus that comes into play when they level up, like i.e. that a leveled up Kingdom Key gives an additional defense bonus, Oathkeeper gives you a Regen-like effect, Bond of Flame makes Fire Magic stronger or cost less etc., the possibilities would be very wide with those.

The melding itself is a neat idea, the main problem in BBS was that you could have things like Megaflare by the second or third world. They could have easily avoided it if the recipes for higher commands would have become only available once you find the corresponding recipe in-game. The Command board, although very fun for me, allowed you to gain new commands easily and that also added to the imbalance of the melding system.
That part of Coded allows you to retain the fusion ingredients, yup, but having that in BBS would have made it even more imbalanced since in BBS you can regain most ingredients by playing the Command board.

Indeed, in the end all this is also a matter of taste, and I may also be partly biased because BBS has been my favorite system so far (except with the melding) and I haven't yet played much of Re: Coded because DDD got in the way. :p

In KH 1 it's actually a tricky case, as you can button mash to restore your MP so you can use magic more often, and in terms of enemies KH 1 definitely provided a better and more balanced setup for magic to be actually useful (who doesn't like to squash those annoying Large Bodies flat with Gravity?)

Then don't evade but block him. ;)
Except the elbow drop and the Skyscraper jump every attack of Julius can be blocked. Riku is super-easy thanks to Dark Barrier, Sora needs to be a bit trickier especially when he does the long punching combo, as in order to not be hit Sora needs to block only the first two punches and then counterattack, which often disrupts Julius' attack sequence.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Valor Form is practically Keyblade whacking in ultimate form you could say. Although when looking at all the forms I have to say that I quite liked Wisdom, lol. With Anti-Form it's a bit expected since it was intended to be a form of "penalty" when abusing the Drive System and fighting bosses in Anti-Form is really, really challenging.
Actually Limit Form's look was too much KH 1-esque for me, and KH 1-Sora's outfit has been used way too often in my opinion.
Wisdom form wasn't to bad honestly, I didn't like how long the "shoot" command combos were when I had to use them but that's only a minor gripe. xD
lol Meant to be a penalty but ended up a pleasure.
What bothers me isnt' that kh1-sora's outfit has been over used but that the actual younger sora model has but I can understand what you mean. x[

The issue with normal leveling is though that it is also overused as except Days I think every game in the series also uses it. TWEWY had at least the freedom that you could always choose which level you wanted and Re: Coded had something akin to the Sphereboard in FF X with the StatMatrix (with the difference that the StatMatrix has more room than the Days-Panels and doesn't need magic chips for Data-Sora to be able to use magic at all.)
I dont find that an issue in all honesty, it's the other mechanics of a game that I'll like or not like rather than having an issue with normal leveling.

Of course that is also an issue of viewpoints, as there were games like i.e. FF VII or FF XII where MP was used wisely, since you had enough available so it wasn't really that limiting. Everything having its own recharge time like in BBS should have been actually an incentive to not only stack up your deck with strong commands, as lesser commands have a shorter recharge time (and the reason some people when giving tips to players advocate to include Cura instead of Curaga in your deck because it loads faster), so just running around waiting for all eight commands to recharge should actually be minimized that way.
While all titles have the button-mashing problem to an extent, I'll say that in titles like BBS and DDD button mashing can get you killed more likely than say in KH 1 or especially 2.
I've never played those FF games sadly to know such wise usage. TnT
True but for me it still all resolved to dodging till my commands recharged so which ones were faster or longer didn't really matter over all since with abilities like once more and second chance as well as the boost abilities for commands and especially the cure block command bbs had it made the time differences of the recharge timers almost a non-concern.
Though as we've both stated is a viewpoint so this is kinda moot point in our topic.
I'll agree on bbs but as for DDD I found it a bit button mashy, nothing to kh2 extent, just not as less as bbs.

Yep, the prospect of being awarded Tech Points was actually an incentive geared against button mashing as it gave a more tactical element to the battles while leveling Keyblades would make each Keyblade somewhat more useful if they gain a different support ability which each gained level. So you wouldn't just look on stats when choosing a Keyblade.
They could even expand upon that and give each Keyblade a different additional bonus that comes into play when they level up, like i.e. that a leveled up Kingdom Key gives an additional defense bonus, Oathkeeper gives you a Regen-like effect, Bond of Flame makes Fire Magic stronger or cost less etc., the possibilities would be very wide with those.
Tech points were probably the greatest idea in the console games I think. Exactly and it also made you put more though into which keyblade was to your personal taste when some keyblades had longer/slower combos.
There's all kinds of ways they could expand it, on top of the ability idea of yours one could even make it to where each keyblade has it's own finisher that levels with the keyblade. It'd be a neat way of reintroducing BBS finishers as well.

I also liked how recoded handled accessories. Each one had a different ability to it and it really made you think which ones you wanted to equip in your limited space.

The melding itself is a neat idea, the main problem in BBS was that you could have things like Megaflare by the second or third world. They could have easily avoided it if the recipes for higher commands would have become only available once you find the corresponding recipe in-game. The Command board, although very fun for me, allowed you to gain new commands easily and that also added to the imbalance of the melding system.
That part of Coded allows you to retain the fusion ingredients, yup, but having that in BBS would have made it even more imbalanced since in BBS you can regain most ingredients by playing the Command board.
It wasn't just high level commands but abilities as well. You could have things like once more, 2nd chance, and even cure block by world 5.
I didn't mean having it in bbs just that Coded got the melding idea right.

Indeed, in the end all this is also a matter of taste, and I may also be partly biased because BBS has been my favorite system so far (except with the melding) and I haven't yet played much of Re: Coded because DDD got in the way. :p

In KH 1 it's actually a tricky case, as you can button mash to restore your MP so you can use magic more often, and in terms of enemies KH 1 definitely provided a better and more balanced setup for magic to be actually useful (who doesn't like to squash those annoying Large Bodies flat with Gravity?)
It's understandable, everyone would be a little biased. o3o Though you really should give recoded a go, I find it the most balanced of all the series and it's actually rather fun.

Thats what made it tricky and preferred in my view cause with stronger enemies and bosses made simply waling with your keyblade a bit risky though after all these years now any kh1 boss would probably be a lot easier to us than back in the day. xD
[woot dont forget gravity on the shield heartless~ xD]

Then don't evade but block him. ;)
Except the elbow drop and the Skyscraper jump every attack of Julius can be blocked. Riku is super-easy thanks to Dark Barrier, Sora needs to be a bit trickier especially when he does the long punching combo, as in order to not be hit Sora needs to block only the first two punches and then counterattack, which often disrupts Julius' attack sequence.
It's those two attacks that I was trying to evade actually. xD
Riku's barrier and dark dodge was a god-send in that fight.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards

I gotta say; the finish commands in BbS were my favorite combat-implement. But my favorite move was Aero from KH1, oddly enough. I'm a very conservative (defensive) magic user. It's the same with my Pokemon. I like the tanks, so I make myself as tank-like as possible while also keeping a good offense. I'm a "the best offense is a good defense" sort of person :3

Gram

Banned
Awards

I gotta say; the finish commands in BbS were my favorite combat-implement. But my favorite move was Aero from KH1, oddly enough. I'm a very conservative (defensive) magic user. It's the same with my Pokemon. I like the tanks, so I make myself as tank-like as possible while also keeping a good offense. I'm a "the best offense is a good defense" sort of person :3

While I enjoyed gravity aero was a great kh1 spell, it could be offense as well as defense.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

MF using Terra (BBS) - It's a great battle, but damn I died countless times. My hands would shake and get sweaty trying to best him.

Ruler of the Skies (Days) - Chip, chip, chip away at health while this guy flies away from you. He also had a pretty gnarly set of preemptive and counter attacks that make you go on the defensive quite a bit. Dustflier might have beat him out for sheer length of the fight alone, but his attacks are fairly easy to evade.

The Demyx timed battle is annoying also, but not in a good way...

Panic

I must say Demyx is a annoying boss, but I still kinda liked him though..

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

I must say Demyx is a annoying boss, but I still kinda liked him though..

If it wasn't for the timed segments, I would've finished him on my first try. It took me a few days to finally beat him on my first playthrough--oh, the memories.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Wisdom form wasn't to bad honestly, I didn't like how long the "shoot" command combos were when I had to use them but that's only a minor gripe. xD
lol Meant to be a penalty but ended up a pleasure.
What bothers me isnt' that kh1-sora's outfit has been over used but that the actual younger sora model has but I can understand what you mean. x[

I dont find that an issue in all honesty, it's the other mechanics of a game that I'll like or not like rather than having an issue with normal leveling.

When quickly killing weak Heartless to level the form they were very good though, lol.
Not to mention Wisdom Form's shots are godsend against those annoying Car-Heartless xD.
Yup, another tribute to the overeasiness that is KH 2. The Drive Forms themselves weren't even that bad of an idea, they were just implemented wrong (or the enemies in general were made too weak).

Seeing how often the younger model indeed was used it looks like that Nomura regrets aging Sora in the first place. <__<

I also won't say that it is a huge pet peeve of mine, yet I would clearly appreciate if you have to have leveling up, that you can choose in which stats to invest your upgrades, the StatMatrix in Coded or the Sphereboard in FF X allows that. Or maybe they could give out a couple of "stat-points" which each Level-Up and you can choose where to invest them, be it attack, magic, defense or HP. Of course, the more you spent in one stat, the more expensive it becomes, so that you may have to contemplate how far to advance in one stat because you might neglect another for too long.

I've never played those FF games sadly to know such wise usage. TnT
True but for me it still all resolved to dodging till my commands recharged so which ones were faster or longer didn't really matter over all since with abilities like once more and second chance as well as the boost abilities for commands and especially the cure block command bbs had it made the time differences of the recharge timers almost a non-concern.
Though as we've both stated is a viewpoint so this is kinda moot point in our topic.
I'll agree on bbs but as for DDD I found it a bit button mashy, nothing to kh2 extent, just not as less as bbs.

Tech points were probably the greatest idea in the console games I think. Exactly and it also made you put more though into which keyblade was to your personal taste when some keyblades had longer/slower combos.
There's all kinds of ways they could expand it, on top of the ability idea of yours one could even make it to where each keyblade has it's own finisher that levels with the keyblade. It'd be a neat way of reintroducing BBS finishers as well.

I also liked how recoded handled accessories. Each one had a different ability to it and it really made you think which ones you wanted to equip in your limited space.

It wasn't just high level commands but abilities as well. You could have things like once more, 2nd chance, and even cure block by world 5.
I didn't mean having it in bbs just that Coded got the melding idea right.

FF VII is actually pretty simple since you have enough MP to at least use Magic more than ten times a battle, and while replenishing it can be done only with Ether, most characters come into three-digit numbers rather fast so it's not an issue.
FF XII had one of the most interesting uses of MP, since each character has three special attacks he/she can learn, once you learn the second one you MP is doubled, with learning the third it's tripled. Then there is the nice feat that MP (slowly) recuperates by itself if a character moves around (dodging and blocking or smashing physical attacks like in KH do NOT replenish MP).
Agreed, I am interested though to see if the Osaka team manages to truly develop an interesting hybrid-system out of the KH2-battle style (although I would have preferred they take KH 1 as a base) and the BBS/DDD-System. It would be jarring if they combine the bad points from the different battle systems instead of the good ones...<__<
That's why I honestly still prefer the BBS-System over the DDD-System, alongside with the ability to level commands. KH 2 gets the cake though for the biggest button-mashing fiesta in the series.

I never really understood why they used them never again after KH 1, this gave actually an incentive to play more diverse and to find out which enemies can give Techpoints for which action.

That's also something I liked in Days with the Rings. To think about that you can equip a range of different abilities by different methods, like i.e. from Keyblades, Accessoires, armor and possibly Commands would not only eliminate the need for AP, by making certain abilities available only through a certain method (like i.e. Regen only through a Keyblade and Once More only through an accessoire) it would really require the player to pay attention to the equipment of the characters. In order for the characters to get more than just four or five abilities of course you would need to allow more than one armor piece and accessoire to be equipped.
When I calculate it (assuming that Commands will somehow involved again and you do NOT learn abilities permanently but you have to equip the command to use its ability), you would be able to equip 17 abilities, with eight coming from commands, for from armor pieces, four from accessoires and one from the equipped Keyblade.

This issue however can also be traced back to the imbalance of the melding system, as you could only attach abilities to a command when melding. If not all recipes had been available from the start, you would have not got the ability to meld all abilities so early.
Although I do recall that at least the abilities from the Abounding crystal were a bit harder to get because the crystal is dropped only by Mandrakes which first appear in Radiant Garden.
Can you also meld everything from the beginning in Coded, or do you need recipes?

It's understandable, everyone would be a little biased. o3o Though you really should give recoded a go, I find it the most balanced of all the series and it's actually rather fun.

Thats what made it tricky and preferred in my view cause with stronger enemies and bosses made simply waling with your keyblade a bit risky though after all these years now any kh1 boss would probably be a lot easier to us than back in the day. xD
[woot dont forget gravity on the shield heartless~ xD]

It's those two attacks that I was trying to evade actually. xD
Riku's barrier and dark dodge was a god-send in that fight.
I definitely plan on playing it anyways, lol, the only limiting factor is time, I haven't even fully finished Days yet and since I never owned a DS, I got those two games together with my 3DS for Dream Drop Distance.
Then there's of course also TWEWY and Kid Icarus, *ggg*.

Indeed, that was something that was almost totally missing in KH 2 except for some selected enemies like the Centaur- and Car-Heartless or the Assassin-Nobodies.
(As yea, the Defenders, lol, I know there is a much more annoying, red variant of them in Coded).

The elbow-smash should always be avoided sideways, ideally in a 90 degree angle, as then you can easily punish Julius by performing an attack like Shadowbreaker or Icebreaker.
The skyscraper-jump is actually easier for Sora to avoid than for Riku if you have superglide, Riku is trickier because his dark dodge does not cover much distance. In any case though, one should use the mini-map to ascertain where Julius is jumping to and then where he "bounces" as locking on to him while he does the attack prevents you from properly dodging.
One funny tactic which needs to be exactly timed though is that you can interrupt Julius' skyscraper jump by casting Faith with Sora or Meteor Crash with Riku, but the time window for this is extremely strict and therefore very hard to pull of during the heat of the battle.

If it wasn't for the timed segments, I would've finished him on my first try. It took me a few days to finally beat him on my first playthrough--oh, the memories.

Exactly, that's also why Demyx isn't really a "difficult boss" per se, as the only real difficulty spike added are those timed water clone thingys.

Gram

Banned
Awards

When quickly killing weak Heartless to level the form they were very good though, lol.
Not to mention Wisdom Form's shots are godsend against those annoying Car-Heartless xD.
Yup, another tribute to the overeasiness that is KH 2. The Drive Forms themselves weren't even that bad of an idea, they were just implemented wrong (or the enemies in general were made too weak).

Seeing how often the younger model indeed was used it looks like that Nomura regrets aging Sora in the first place. <__<
Oh gawd those car-heartless.....TnT

I always got that vibe and honestly if Nomura does think that way I agree with him. He should've left sora as he was.

I also won't say that it is a huge pet peeve of mine, yet I would clearly appreciate if you have to have leveling up, that you can choose in which stats to invest your upgrades, the StatMatrix in Coded or the Sphereboard in FF X allows that. Or maybe they could give out a couple of "stat-points" which each Level-Up and you can choose where to invest them, be it attack, magic, defense or HP. Of course, the more you spent in one stat, the more expensive it becomes, so that you may have to contemplate how far to advance in one stat because you might neglect another for too long.
So you'd prefer something similar to Chain of memories, recoded or FFX's system. That would be a nice change if put that way.

FF VII is actually pretty simple since you have enough MP to at least use Magic more than ten times a battle, and while replenishing it can be done only with Ether, most characters come into three-digit numbers rather fast so it's not an issue.
FF XII had one of the most interesting uses of MP, since each character has three special attacks he/she can learn, once you learn the second one you MP is doubled, with learning the third it's tripled. Then there is the nice feat that MP (slowly) recuperates by itself if a character moves around (dodging and blocking or smashing physical attacks like in KH do NOT replenish MP).
Agreed, I am interested though to see if the Osaka team manages to truly develop an interesting hybrid-system out of the KH2-battle style (although I would have preferred they take KH 1 as a base) and the BBS/DDD-System. It would be jarring if they combine the bad points from the different battle systems instead of the good ones...<__<
That's why I honestly still prefer the BBS-System over the DDD-System, alongside with the ability to level commands. KH 2 gets the cake though for the biggest button-mashing fiesta in the series.
It's for those same reasons they I wish they'd base the combined system off kh1 and recoded.

I never really understood why they used them never again after KH 1, this gave actually an incentive to play more diverse and to find out which enemies can give Techpoints for which action.
I never understood it either, I mean hell I spend an hour learning to hit wakkas ball back at him in 1.5 just for the techpoints. Thanks to that I was able to get more exp from him than riku and level much faster at an early stage. In any of the other titles you'd just block and worry about countering.

hat's also something I liked in Days with the Rings. To think about that you can equip a range of different abilities by different methods, like i.e. from Keyblades, Accessories, armor and possibly Commands would not only eliminate the need for AP, by making certain abilities available only through a certain method (like i.e. Regen only through a Keyblade and Once More only through an accessoire) it would really require the player to pay attention to the equipment of the characters. In order for the characters to get more than just four or five abilities of course you would need to allow more than one armor piece and accessoire to be equipped.
When I calculate it (assuming that Commands will somehow involved again and you do NOT learn abilities permanently but you have to equip the command to use its ability), you would be able to equip 17 abilities, with eight coming from commands, for from armor pieces, four from accessoires and one from the equipped Keyblade.
The abilities>to>accessories & keyblades was one of the best ideas I think they've ever had as well. I also wish they'd combine all that with how each keyblade makes you fight differently like in days.

This issue however can also be traced back to the imbalance of the melding system, as you could only attach abilities to a command when melding. If not all recipes had been available from the start, you would have not got the ability to meld all abilities so early.
Although I do recall that at least the abilities from the Abounding crystal were a bit harder to get because the crystal is dropped only by Mandrakes which first appear in Radiant Garden.
Can you also meld everything from the beginning in Coded, or do you need recipes?
Thats largely why I only want the abilities back on accessories and keyblades. Though I suppose on could balance this by keeping support abilities to accessories, combo and boost abilities to keyblades, and what's left to commands.

I definitely plan on playing it anyways, lol, the only limiting factor is time, I haven't even fully finished Days yet and since I never owned a DS, I got those two games together with my 3DS for Dream Drop Distance.
Then there's of course also TWEWY and Kid Icarus, *ggg*.
TWEWY lsghdl;skhg;saldhg;slkdjf fuck the others play TWEWY!!! ಠ益ಠ

DemonDude10

Most Annoying Boss? I've got a few. I love this game franchise but hate some of the bosses. (In no order.)

1. Leechgrave: Where to start? Tenticlaws needed to attack actual boss, shore attach time, poison being shot everywhere, yeah this boss took a while.

2. Card Tower (KH1) Cards never die and spam attacks, possibility of Donald and Goofy not being able to fight, and annoying talkative, egotistic, narcissistic queen. At least I got blizzard.

3. Vanitas x-blade form: Not a hard boss the last part pissed me off. I hated the last part. The spinning thing annoyed me. Now it doesn't bother me but it did at one point.

4. Marluxia finial form: I hated the massive ammount of overpowered sleights this scumbag uses. Don't throw my damn cards in the air or I'll take that flower or yours and shove it up you anus.

5. Ruler of the Sky: Long, repettitive, hard to hit boss. I think I've said enough.

6. Grim Reaper: The coin thing was terrible. It would have been better as an up front battle with no little minigame.

7. Parasite Cage (1st) and Hydra: "GET UP ON THE HYDRAS BACK!!!!" "GET UP ON THE HYDRAS BACK!!!!" "GET UP ON THE HYDRAS BACK!!!!". "HEEEEEEEELP!"

Big Mad Draco

The Spellican, chasing it down is a pain, fighting it is annoying because it telleports everywhere and you enter that phase with less hp due to the first part.

Wander

Ruler of the Sky, by far is the most annoying boss I've faced in the KH series. I enjoy difficult bosses, I loved Lingering Sentiment, BBS' Mysterious Figure, Sephiroth, etc. But Ruler of the Sky was hard for all the wrong reasons. I blame it on bad boss design, and bad gameplay design on Days' part.

/endrant

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Since this thread was created under the KH2 forum, I'll just limit myself to said game.

It's Demyx. Heaven knows how many times I had to restart from running out of time. That was before I knew about the Wisdom Form trick, though; after I found out about it, taking out those water forms of his was made much simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back