• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's your opinion about Sora x Kairi?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I don't remember anything from Roxas. I do remember Xigbar hinting/teasing/trolling about it, but of course he would. He's the series' resident troll, so how could he resist something like that? And for whatever stupid reason, make a guy and a girl good friends, and everyone around them will start teasing/hinting to them about romance. It doesn't matter whether they are actually an item or even mentally mature enough to get romantic feelings. It's happened to me and it's annoying as hell.

I don't see any particular instance that would imply that Roxas has an actual crush on Xion. He just seems to really care about her, like close friends do.
I guess it could have all just been the others reading into it and assuming it was general girl troubles.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't remember anything from Roxas. I do remember Xigbar hinting/teasing/trolling about it, but of course he would. He's the series' resident troll, so how could he resist something like that? And for whatever stupid reason, make a guy and a girl good friends, and everyone around them will start teasing/hinting to them about romance. It doesn't matter whether they are actually an item or even mentally mature enough to get romantic feelings. It's happened to me and it's annoying as hell.

I don't see any particular instance that would imply that Roxas has an actual crush on Xion. He just seems to really care about her, like close friends do.

That is true. Roxas had a child like mind set in days during the times he wasn't angry at the world so kind of like Ven it's hard to see him in that romance role (Then again he and Namine is a very easy convenient ship which Ven doesn't have).

The only line that kind of stuck out was Roxas asking Axel how to not push girls buttons :/

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
That is true. Roxas had a child like mind set in days during the times he wasn't angry at the world so kind of like Ven it's hard to see him in that romance role (Then again he and Namine is a very easy convenient ship which Ven doesn't have).

The only line that kind of stuck out was Roxas asking Axel how to not push girls buttons :/
Heh, that whole concept about "pushing buttons" came up only because Axel brought it up himself. And I can't say I blame Roxas for being completely lost on how girls think... heck, I'M a girl and I still don't really get them. They really can be complicated. Or just illogical.

Popsydoodles

Heh, that whole concept about "pushing buttons" came up only because Axel brought it up himself. And I can't say I blame Roxas for being completely lost on how girls think... heck, I'M a girl and I still don't really get them. They really can be complicated. Or just illogical.

How much experience does Axel even have with ladies? For the majority of the time the only girl we see him around is Larxene! But then again she is a fiesty one...

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Opinion is what decides whether those are romantic hints or not.

Funny thing is that this can be said about every potential pairing with major original characters, yes, even Sora and Kairi regardless how much obnoxious SoKai shippers scream that it has "more" merit than all the others.
The only difference is that some "pairings" have less hints available than others but that is often due to less focus and interaction between those in general.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I mention this in this thread before (gosh this has lasted a while) but my ranking of what's been the most built up "like like" relationship strictly from how the game presents it.

1-Zack to Aqua

zack_s_otp_by_sketch_knight-d9c7x4o.jpg

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Funny thing is that this can be said about every potential pairing with major original characters, yes, even Sora and Kairi regardless how much obnoxious SoKai shippers scream that it has "more" merit than all the others.
The only difference is that some "pairings" have less hints available than others but that is often due to less focus and interaction between those in general.
Eh. I think you have to be kind of willfully ignorant to suggest that the hints for SoKai aren't intentionally loaded with romantic imagery in a way that is different from the other "hints", especially when it comes to KH2.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Eh. I think you have to be kind of willfully ignorant to suggest that the hints for SoKai aren't intentionally loaded with romantic imagery in a way that is different from the other "hints", especially when it comes to KH2.

Yeah, I call shenanigans to anyone who doesn't see that, even if it is unsuccessful, Sora and Kairi's relationship has more romance painted to it. "I know who you're thinking about!" "Why is your face red!" "Kairi would think you look cute like this!" "She's your light." "Sora's most important memories, memories of Kairi" "You don't want to?" "I do, more than anything!" etc etc etc etc etc etc

That doesn't mean I think they're going to take it in broad strokes, or that we're getting a full-on couple. It's just there.

shady543

Awards
Eh I've never been that interested in SoKai. I mean if it did happen then I wouldn't complain since I don't hate the pairing, but I just feel that it's not an interesting ship. The two haven't had much development as a pairing, and I honestly see Sora's feelings for Kairi as like the 'highschool crush' sort of thing. I prefer him with Namine, or a new character in the next saga. Although at the same time I like Roxas with Namine and I can't really pick which one I prefer. Maybe I should just go 'screw it' and ship Namine with Ventus since he's pretty much a mashup of Sora and Roxas. xD

Also I love the idea of ZackxAqua. I can so get behind that. If only Aqua was interested. xD

Wildbullet

Eh I've never been that interested in SoKai. I mean if it did happen then I wouldn't complain since I don't hate the pairing, but I just feel that it's not an interesting ship. The two haven't had much development as a pairing, and I honestly see Sora's feelings for Kairi as like the 'highschool crush' sort of thing. I prefer him with Namine, or a new character in the next saga. Although at the same time I like Roxas with Namine and I can't really pick which one I prefer. Maybe I should just go 'screw it' and ship Namine with Ventus since he's pretty much a mashup of Sora and Roxas. xD

Also I love the idea of ZackxAqua. I can so get behind that. If only Aqua was interested. xD

It's actually the opposite. In terms of appearance, Roxas is the one who's a mash-up, between Sora and Ventus. The leitmotif for Ventus is a combination of both Sora and Roxas though.

I think Aerith will kill him and send him to the Lifestream all over again. She's no longer in love with him though, as far as I know.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
It's actually the opposite. In terms of appearance, Roxas is the one who's a mash-up, between Sora and Ventus. The leitmotif for Ventus is a combination of both Sora and Roxas though.
I think it kinda depends which way you look at it. From a real-world technical standpoint, Ven's the mashup here. His appearance and personality are combinations of Roxas and Sora respectively, both of which were established long before Ven was even a concept in Nomura's head. Whatever they say in-universe doesn't change the fact that Roxas and Sora technically came first.

If you ask me, I'd say Roxas is actually the more unique of the three, where personality is concerned.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i do want them to get together but at this point i just don't know and sora must tell kairi i love you to her but given kh3 about the incoming keyblade war does sora time to do that i just don't know at this point i also do want it to happen so they can cover love part of a heart which i think any part of any heart. honestly in a alternate universe where mlp is part of disney i think sora and twilight aka soralight is more probalbe then sora and kairi aka sokai

Awards
Sora and Twilight Sparkle? The pony? How would it be more probable? Sora ending up with an original character seems automatically more probably than him ending up with the disney property, even in a universe where Disney owned mlp.

Muke

whatever
Awards
LOL, they would NEVER let those two get together! She is a pony, man.
A pony! How is that more probable to you?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I really hate myself for even bothering with this but....
latest

They do come in human varieties.

Besides, Sora's been hanging with a dog and duck and got turned into a lion. He's probably a furry convert by now.

Venx

I'll just skip the pony conversation and point out that I really wish that there's no Sora x Kairi or Riku x Kairi at all.
Sora & Riku were in love with her in KH, but their charackters changed a lot over the time and especially Riku. He doesn't seem to be in love with her at all.

Same with Sora. They are a few scenes in KH2 where it seems like he is in love with her, like the one in the 2. visit in halloween town when Jack & Sally were dancing together. But everytime they're on the island together, they all just seem like best friends and I would really love them to stay like this. I wouldn't hate it when they come together,but if KH doesn't end up with another lovestory, but a really strong friendship between these 3, I would definitly love it.

Hallowseve

I had this dream last night that had Sora and Namine in it for some reason. I originally shipped Sora x Kairi, but now I feel like shipping Sora x Namine. Although either one would make me happy.

Wonderful

Awards
i think they are so cuuuuute :3

i totally think the kh3 ending is going to have a romantic moment for them just like kh1 and kh2 did!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back