• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's your opinion about Sora x Kairi?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Wow, talk about the #1 way to divide a fanbase, let alone a forum. So, after playing through KH again on the HD 1.5 Remix I noticed this scene at the secret place of the Destiny Islands during the end credits:

[video]https://youtu.be/g12rpGdoDww?t=7m11s[/video]

I found myself thinking "damn, I remember how much I loved the idea of Sora x Kairi way back in the KH days!" Then I remember thinking that when replaying through Re:Chain of Memories. Then, even though many people hate her role in this game, I still remember rooting for her in KHII, despite her issues, and still wanted to see them together (especially with the longing hug they had when Sora rescued her from TWTNW).

So my question for this fanbase is... are you still rooting for Sora x Kairi? Have you ever rooted for them? Do you think that their relationship in KH and KHII was cute and meant to be, especially shown by this scene here, or that they always seemed better off as friends? Or are you still hellbent on getting that Sora x Riku scene in KHIII? Comment below, let me know ;w;

Morgenstern

Awards
I'm pretty much rooting for Sora x Kairi, that's all I'll say on the matter.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
They are taking too long to confess their love, so I've eventually lost interest. Still interested to see them confess to each other, but lost interest on how far their relationship will go.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
This series totally began with the SoKai feels, but those just kind of... disappeared lol. Even back then though, I was more of a SoNami fan than SoKai. That being said, I still feel like this series has really gone out of its way to show off SoRi, intentional or not.

tumblr_mqd1f28lPh1sxmcblo1_500.gif

Awards
The series has made it clear where it wants to go with Sora and Kairi's relationship, considering the ending of 1 and 2 and several instances in the game where they make it clear that she's his light and his memories of her are key, and I would like for them to eventually get together since that's been built up since KH1, but I'm more interested in the relationship of Sora, Riku, and Kairi altogether than Sora and Kairi as a couple. SoKai is probably something that'll happen in the ending scene someday rather than during the game itself.

Edit: That said, I do like SoKai, it's pretty cute.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Been a while since we have had this topic

Yeah I think it's been pretty obvious that both Kairi and Sora have feelings for each other. I'm predicting we may get some sort of confession of feelings at the end of KH3.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I was never very invested in their relationship, even on a platonic level, since there's really...not a lot to it. Their story is that of a "princess and her knight" and it's almost as bare bones as you can get. For better or for worst, there was never a big attempt to flesh out their relationship, so for the entire series it's based on a "say so" bases. They care about each other because the plot says so and the audiance is supposed to care because the plot says so.

I just never found anything particularly interesting about their relationship, so I'm pretty "meh" on it.

Larxene012

Banned
Regardless of what Kairi's role is, i think giving Sora and Kairi's relationship was one of the few things that were properly developed (unlike Sora and Riku, yeah you heard me).

The ending of kh1, kh2, and Birth by sleep both suggest a lot more.

RoomKey

I love Sora and Kairi together. Sora and Riku are really just brothers.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I used to like the idea until I realized the truth about Kairi, and how the series has treated her. If Kingdom Hearts 3 does indeed take that route, it won't deter me from enjoying the game but I'd feel disappointed in Nomura.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
are you still rooting for Sora x Kairi?

Nope. It's clear Nomura hasn't really bothered caring about Sora x Kairi post-KH2, anyways.

Have you ever rooted for them?

Yes, back in the KH1 days...maybe even during KH2 but CoM had me so on board with Sora x Naminé, then the crying and beach scenes in KH2 pushed me over to Sora x Riku, and then I didn't really care except I just don't like SoKai so I'm just all "ride and die trio 4life" now but with a preference to SoRiku if I am really honest with myself.

Do you think that their relationship in KH and KHII was cute and meant to be, especially shown by this scene here, or that they always seemed better off as friends?

I thought Sora and Kairi were really adorable together in KH1, but in KH2 it rubbed me the wrong way. Sora fawned over the memory of Kairi and the idea of being with her, and when he finally reunited with her it was an awkward moment that didn't embody the expectations Sora had the entire game. It was meant to come off romantic, but it felt empty, especially when juxtaposed with his reaction to Riku not even minutes after the scene with Kairi.

Obviously his reaction was due to thinking Riku was possibly dead, but the games post-KH2 have done nothing but reinforce the existence of the strong bond shared between Sora and Riku over trying to convince us that Sora and Kairi are a thing.

At this point, I don't want anybody to get with anybody. I just want everybody to be happy and be friends.

Or are you still hellbent on getting that Sora x Riku scene in KHIII?

I can't say I wouldn't enjoy seeing soriku happen despite my desires for a friendship-only ending for everybody. i'm honestly behind more lgbt+ representation in all kinds of media in general.

Honestly whatever Nomura decides to do, I'm not going to complain but I still hold a preference in a friendship ending.

Okay so if SoKai happens and they didn't spend any time building their friendship throughout KH3 and Kairi didn't spend time on her own building friendships with other people and not being Sora-centric, I'll probably complain because I just really want Kairi to be her own person before she becomes the other half of somebody.

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
I know that if there is any canon romance in the games then they will probably get together. I don't like that mind you because I think Sonami is the better ship on every level but maybe before Sokai becomes an offical thing they will be properly developed plot wise. More show, less tell

Last edited:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I know that if there is any canon romance in the games then they will probably get together. I don't like that mind you because I think Sonami is the better ship on every level but maybe before Sokai becomes an offical thing they will be properly developed plot wise. More show, less tell.

I've been seeing SoNami a lot lately (to my surprise) and I don't really get it. Sure, they are actually pretty cute in Re:Chain, but personally I tend to look towards relationships more on a realistic side. As two separate entities that crush on each other is something that I could see; however, due to my experience with women, it seems like that would be a relationship destined to fail/ go nowhere more often than not. Sora and Kairi all ready have the childhood friends thing going for them, and that little scene at the end of KH. So I think, despite the possibility being sort of slim, especially as of late, that SoKai could be a thing. However, maybe Namine will come back somehow towards the end of the game?

Larxene012

Banned
I've been seeing SoNami a lot lately (to my surprise) and I don't really get it. Sure, they are actually pretty cute in Re:Chain, but personally I tend to look towards relationships more on a realistic side. As two separate entities that crush on each other is something that I could see; however, due to my experience with women, it seems like that would be a relationship destined to fail/ go nowhere more often than not. Sora and Kairi all ready have the childhood friends thing going for them, and that little scene at the end of KH. So I think, despite the possibility being sort of slim, especially as of late, that SoKai could be a thing. However, maybe Namine will come back somehow towards the end of the game?
i think you're laying it on way too thick .... you should definitely tone it down a bit and just look at Sora and Kairi for what they are.....

Sora and Kairi aren't just childhood friends, its not the same as Riku since they were attached to the hip (at least thats whats shown in BBS). Kairi's relationship with Sora is very dynamic and it is shown in kh1. They want to be part of eachothers destiny forever, its been just a few years and their still in their teens, but its not like they have lenty of options to be cynical.

Also....Namine although is important character to Sora, i think her relevance is to be "thanked".....i honestly don't know where KH is going with her side, just get it over with and make Sora thank her already.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm generally indifferent to all the whole shipping-mess and actually relieved and content with the fact that the series so far avoided stupid cliché romance between original characters in general and put the main emphasis on other, equally important forms of love like friendship.
I've also never seen Sora x Kairi as more or less possible than other pairings since if you look at the whole series with open eyes enough, there are possible hints for nearly any possible pairings except the most crack-ships.

That KH so far didn't go down the route of having the obligatory schmaltzy love story involving the main protagonist that seems to be almost a requirement for 99% of media and stories (and in 99% of cases also has to be always hetero) certainly gives some points for originality.
So far, regardless what a mess the overall story at the moment may be, it also doesn't need romance to become any better.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm still Sora x Kairi for the most part and the series has hinted at that constantly throughout the series except for DDD and re:coded (though in BBS, that was more or less just pre-determined destiny by Aqua... you know, prequel bullcrap). However, the most developed they ever got with each other was KH1 and KH2 and everything else has just been said and not shown. Whether its happening or not is the big question and at this point, if it doesn't happen in some form in KH3, then I don't think any kind of romantic relationships are happening at all.

Personally, I'm more interested in the Sora/Riku/Kairi relationship as a whole. That relationship is the least developed out of all the trios and KH3 could definitely fix that. We saw how they were in the beginning of KH1 and I wanted to see more of that. We are mostly only told all three are best friends and KH1 still makes me believe that but they need to show it full-force now. Though, I can't really blame for not being that way due to plot devices forcing them to be apart from each other, which also more or less can be said for Ventus, Terra, and Aqua but even they get more screen time together.

Why can't we all just be friends though?

Awards
So my question for this fanbase is...
Dun!Dun!Dun!
are you still rooting for Sora x Kairi?
Yes
Have you ever rooted for them?
Yes
Do you think that their relationship in KH and KHII was cute and meant to be, especially shown by this scene here, or that they always seemed better off as friends?
Cute. In case they ever do a flash forward it would be even cuter with a little SoKai baby running around.
Or are you still hellbent on getting that Sora x Riku scene in KHIII?
I like them more as friends. Though if you really want an LGBT scene maybe Isa x Lea or Roxas x Lea (though that feels the most brotherly of the 3) though there is enough scenes to support SoRi that I wouldn't be upset
Comment below, let me know
SOKAI!!!
Sora <3 Kairi sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G
^>^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Though to be fair. I just like romance in my stories and I love seeing little babies running around and eventually becoming badass (Blame my DBZ Childhood). If SoRi becomes a thing. I'd expect in a flash forward that they'd adopt a cute little keyblade wielder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lastly, am I the only one who pre BBS hoped we'd see some Terra Aqua romance? It could've worked especially with Aqua taking on the role of the responsible one and Terra being the eventual Damsel in Distress. Off I go into fanfiction *Aerith is a PoH* Territory (Q)_(Q)

Last edited:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Lastly, am I the only one who pre BBS hoped we'd say some Terra Aqua romance? It could've worked especially with Aqua taking on the role of the responsible one and Terra being the eventual Damsel in Distress.

I thought that was what it would be when I first heard about that game, and maybe it's because Terra's voice acting in that game is dogshit, but I didn't see them connecting on that level (great for the Hentai, though)

Off I go into fanfiction *Aerith is a PoH* Territory (Q)_(Q)

PFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTT 'spit take' it's not as bad as "maybe Ventus is Roxas from the past" territory though xD

ok sunny

Awards
A relationship has been foreshadowed throughout the series since the first game, so yea something will happen between Sora x Kairi. Even though it seems like it most likely will happen in KHIII, it may not. But eventually some sort of closer relationship will be made in the series.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Cute. In case they ever do a flash forward it would be even cuter with a little SoKai baby running around.

STOP! CUTE BABIES ARE MY WEAKNESS IN FLASH-FORWARD STUFF (Except in Naruto.) I can imagine a cute little girl with Sora's hair color and some spikes, Kairi's eye color and aughhh

I like them more as friends. Though if you really want an LGBT scene maybe Isa x Lea or Roxas x Lea (though that feels the most brotherly of the 3) though there is enough scenes to support SoRi that I wouldn't be upset

Roxas and Lea are definitely in the brother zone with Days, but I'd say people can still make a strong argument for them in a romantic way, especially when coupled with KH2's depiction of them. I'm head-over-heels with the idea that RAX are a little family unit, though, with Lea being the older brother/mom and Roxas and Xion being the siblings/children who always get into trouble and/or cause Lea trouble.

Isa and Lea seem like they would make for a very realistic emotionally abusive couple if they really were to go down that path considering they already are meant to represent a broken friendship. Isa has the whole jealousy thing down, and Lea as the often guilt-tripped partner who becomes emotionally distant. It's not a healthy relationship, platonic or not, but not all relationships are and in a game series about friendship, it is important to show both sides of the spectrum.

Lastly, am I the only one who pre BBS hoped we'd say some Terra Aqua romance? It could've worked especially with Aqua taking on the role of the responsible one and Terra being the eventual Damsel in Distress. Off I go into fanfiction *Aerith is a PoH* Territory (Q)_(Q)

For awhile I hoped for it, so you were not alone, but BBS was also around the time I started really liking friendships depicted in media over romance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back