• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's your opinion about Sora x Kairi?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm still hoping SoKai (and any other pairing, to be honest) will never be a thing.
Yes, he thought of dancing with her and there are scenes in which they think about each other like lovey-dovey teenagers do, but then again, Sora and Riku do so too in KH3D.
Kairi might be Sora's crush, but in the end, I really hope they'll focus on the friendship of SoRiKai. Yes, all three of them, since Sora kind of seems to be the only connection between Riku and Kairi, which is kind of sad (even though I don't like her at all).
So no, I never rooted for it and never will. I just hope KH will never have a romantic story in its center.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Hmm, maybe in the future after the next saga we will get a spin off about Sora and Kairi's daughter and Riku's son :). Just like the Naruto ending

Javelin434

Awards
I've been a supporter of SoKai since the beginning, and shall continue to be until the bitter end.
*puts on anti flame suit* BRING IT ON SORIKU SHIPPERS IM READY FOR YOU xD

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I knew it was only a matter of time until someone said the "N" word/series. if Kingdom Hearts pulls that kind of ending I'd be really disappointed in Nomura.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
If I had a choice, romance, straight or otherwise, wouldn't be involved here at all. This series' theme is very centered on plain old friendship, and that's what I'd like to see. If everyone could just be bros and eat ice cream together, I'd be very happy with it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
BlackOsprey, I agree. Ice cream with bros would be the best way to end it. Beach party. Friends just being happy.

I knew it was only a matter of time until someone said the "N" word/series. if Kingdom Hearts pulls that kind of ending I'd be really disappointed in Nomura.

N? Next saga?

Happyfunshineman

Awards
I don't know, I'm pretty sure Kairi ships Sora x Riku.

Doujinshi are totally canon right?

Rage-Roxas

Awards
I don't really like SoKai... I'm also bored of the "main female and main male gets together" cliche. I like how Kingdom Hearts is more friendship-focused, it doesn't have to be romance all time.

Last edited:

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I personally think Sora and Kairi belong together (though I am pretty big SoRiKai trash these days, if I'm being honest with myself; you can blame the KH Arche Twist AU on Tumblr for that), and hope that it goes that way someday (probably the last game in the last Saga, though), but I know I'm mostly alone in this...

IDK. I just think they aren't as cliché as people like to think that they are, and they could have some interesting dynamics with each other (like bonding over the fact they both became Keyblade wielders by accident).

Though I kind of characterize them both as asexual (the type who want a meaningful, romantic relationship without the sex), as I myself am that way, but anyway...

Edit 1: I should point out, though, when I say I want them together I don't want anything over the top. Kairi could just give Sora a favor to wear into battle and I'd be A-okay with that.

Edit 2: Also, I kind of get annoyed at people for hating on this pairing for being the "hetero pairing" or whatever. We don't know enough about Sora and Kairi's sexual orientations to know if either of them are this. So let's say that Sora's bi and Kairi's straight and they do end up together... Automatically, then, it's not a hetero relationship because Sora's not straight in that instance.

I'm ranting, I know, but I feel these two get a lot of hate for being the "straight pair", when for all we know they can be equally gay... and I'd kind of prefer it that way, tbh. I could also most certainly see Kairi being pan, for instance...

Edit 3: But if SoKai is to happen, I DO want the relationship--and more importantly: Kairi as a character--to be developed first. The main problem with this relationship, I think, is that it IS tell, not show. We've heard over and over that these two mean more to each other than anything, but we never see flashbacks of them or anything like that. So here's hoping that happens in a future... Not just for a romance side, but because Kai's friendships with Sora and Riku both greatly needs to be developed, I think (especially the latter).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back