• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's your opinion about Sora x Kairi?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
The real question is..."why not"? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yes...
tumblr_lqdjuvXdDH1qjr3g7o1_500.gif

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
LightuptheSky brought up an interesting idea regarding flashbacks. That could help flesh out their relationship and make a believable romance if it turns out that way. Some flashbacks like the one from KH1 were they made drawings of themselves in the cave as children.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
The sad thing is that at this point Kairi's relationship with Selphie (and Olette!) is probably far more developed than her own with the boys at this point.

How much we need some Riku and Kairi scenes happening in KHIII!

And who knows? Maybe the recent Chi art means Nomura hasn't forgotten Kai and Nami completely, right? RIGHT?!

Also, glad to know I'm not alone on the TerQua thing... I thought most of the die-hards in this fandom hated the idea of it, though I like 'em.

Though to be honest, I kind of see it being more Terra/Ven, and I really wouldn't mind that... I mean, they were both pretty anti-Aqua in BbS, sadly.

And Spock! Don't you know that Sora and Kairi's kid needs to have Kairi's hair and Sora's eyes?! Gosh! Kidding... But seriously, if they ever do have a son (don't want them to really, as I hate the married with kids kind of ending), I hope he looks like that. Kids that are like the clones of their parents in media creep me out.

Not to offend anyone (because we don't know for sure his age, and time works differently in worlds, so I'm really okay if people ship this), but isn't Roxas/Axel technically pedophilia? I mean, Roxas is fifteen, right? And Lea seemed to be that old in BbS, which is ten years before KH1, so...

Edit: Oh, thank you, Swoosh! Flashbacks in general are just one of my fav things ever, tbh. And I... I just really want some Kairi ones: especially since I imagine how she got to the Island would be really cool to see.

Also because it's unfair so far. We've had two flashbacks with Sora and Kairi (kind of... the one doesn't really even count, though), like... six or more with Sora and Riku, and none at all with Riku and Kairi.

I don't get it. There were more years that Kairi was with them on the Island than not so, so I feel we're owed some cute, little SoRiKai flashbacks to better balance their friendship with each other.

Last edited:

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I seem to forget that both Roxas and Sora has some attraction to some characters 0-0

Sora has the most attraction to Kairi, he has some attraction to Namine (I think that went away after KH2), Roxas, I assume equally has an attraction to both Xion and Namine.

It IS pretty obvious Sora is going to end up with Kairi, but if he has feelings for any other girls (Or for Riku even), then that's just messed up.....

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
This is why I just ship Everyone X Everyone. Makes things a whole lot easier. U_U

KH is breeding ground for shipping fodder because it does focus on character relationships so much, even if they're not romantic. The characters tend to be very "intimate" with each other, which doesn't strictly suggest anything other than friendship, but it's easy to interpret as something other.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
This is why I just ship Everyone X Everyone. Makes things a whole lot easier. U_U

KH is breeding ground for shipping fodder because it does focus on character relationships so much, even if they're not romantic. The characters tend to be very "intimate" with each other, which doesn't strictly suggest anything other than friendship, but it's easy to interpret as something other.

Very, very true, Ruran. In fact, IIRC, I even remember TV Tropes talking about that on their KH page...

And tbh, I DO prefer KH this way. I appreciate that KH sort of streamlines the things that have been done to death in other series... like family stuff.

These days I kinda hate anything family related in media at all--reasons why I, personally, hated HTTYD2--but I'm getting way off topic now. Ignore me.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
The sad thing is that at this point Kairi's relationship with Selphie (and Olette!) is probably far more developed than her own with the boys at this point.
Indeed.

How much we need some Riku and Kairi scenes happening in KHIII!
You read my mind.

And who knows? Maybe the recent Chi art means Nomura hasn't forgotten Kai and Nami completely, right? RIGHT?!
Uh.... Right.

Also, glad to know I'm not alone on the TerQua thing... I thought most of the die-hards in this fandom hated the idea of it, though I like 'em.
I'm a TerQua shipper, because I think they developed fairly in the game.

Though to be honest, I kind of see it being more Terra/Ven, and I really wouldn't mind that... I mean, they were both pretty anti-Aqua in BbS, sadly.
Hmm.....

And Spock! Don't you know that Sora and Kairi's kid needs to have Kairi's hair and Sora's eyes?! Kidding... But seriously, if they ever do have a son (don't want them to, as I hate the married with kids kind of ending), I hope he looks like that. Kids that are like the clones of their parents in media creep me out.
Can't name how many times this cliche has happened.

Not to offend anyone (because we don't know for sure his age, and time works differently in worlds, so I'm really okay if people ship this), but isn't Roxas/Axel technically pedophilia? I mean, Roxas is fifteen, right? And Lea seemed to be that old in BbS, which is ten years before KH1, so...
Ugh.... Yes it seems like pedophilia. And Aion (Axel x Xion) also KINDA counts as pedophilia, but Xion has no real age despite looking like a 14-year-old girl.

Edit: Oh, thank you, Swoosh! Flashbacks in general are just one of my fav things ever, tbh. And I... I just really want some Kairi ones: especially since I imagine how she got to the Island would be really cool to see.
Yeah, her arriving to the island was never seen.

Also because it's unfair so far. We've had two flashbacks with Sora and Kairi (kind of... the one doesn't really even count, though), like... six or more with Sora and Riku, and none at all with Riku and Kairi.
0.o Riku and Kairi time is needed.

I don't get it. There were more years that Kairi was with them on the Island than not so, so I feel we're owed some cute, little SoRiKai flashbacks to better balance their friendship together.
Definitely.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Not to offend anyone (because we don't know for sure his age, and time works differently in worlds, so I'm really okay if people ship this), but isn't Roxas/Axel technically pedophilia? I mean, Roxas is fifteen, right? And Lea seemed to be that old in BbS, which is ten years before KH1, so....

I'd say something about the different age of consent over in Japan, or how that relationship has been shown to be more brotherly than anything, but... I've seen people in the Pokemon fandom sexualizing 10-year-old protagonists and shipping them with characters more than twice their age. I'm not very bothered by this one anymore, and to be honest, it's one of the few pairs that did kinda have a boatload of subtext thanks to KHII.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'd say something about the different age of consent over in Japan, or how that relationship has been shown to be more brotherly than anything, but... I've seen people in the Pokemon fandom sexualizing 10-year-old protagonists and shipping them with characters more than twice their age. I'm not very bothered by this one anymore, and to be honest, it's one of the few pairs that did kinda have a boatload of subtext thanks to KHII.

Come to Fairy Tail where it happens more than needed, especaially to even a 12 year old in heat for a boy who could a 400 year old in a 17 year old body.

Kingdom Hearts has been about friendship than romance that isn't the Disney worlds, whether is straight, yaoi, or yuri, pairings aren't canon and should not been a obsession if you hate one pairing over another.

Sora and Kairi are just friends, anything else is just teasing and 'hints' that shouldn't be taken seriously becuase and to really make wounds, if anyone wants to relive Taichi/Sora, Hikari/Takeru, then no.

Oh Terqua was meantion... Excuse me for a moment while I go into a fetal postion.

Awards
What about SelKai? That is one GREAT ship :3
Yay, the real final pairing of KH~

Back on the topic of SoKai, it feels like that's where they wanna go, in the way that romance is that little subplot that just happens at the end of a lot of things, and Sora's definitely got a crush on Kairi that she probably returns. But since I think that's where they're going with that, I'd rather Kairi have moments to build relationships with other characters, particularly Riku. We know they care about each other, but some bonding between RiKai and SoRiKai would be nice. Maybe even an echo of that line from KH with something like, "Things really are the same between us again."

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Sora and Kairi are totally just friends. Don't you guys remember what they were building in KH1?

A friendship.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Sora and Kairi are totally just friends. Don't you guys remember what they were building in KH1?

A friendship.

Ooh, the terrible puns return.

They're kinda lucky that the world-sundering storm came when it did. Judging by the provisions I had to gather in the prologue, between three people on a raft, they all would've starved to death out there.

Wander

I'm pretty confident at this point that Kairi just wants SoRiku to happen lol. I didn't see anything developing for them past KH1, and KH2 just cemented that they're platonic for me.

anyway venroku is the only ship that matters

Awards
Ooh, the terrible puns return.

They're kinda lucky that the world-sundering storm came when it did. Judging by the provisions I had to gather in the prologue, between three people on a raft, they all would've starved to death out there.
I like to think that Riku and Kairi also gather their share of provisions for the day, so it wasn't just 3 fish, a seagull egg, 3 mushrooms, and a bottle of water.

But I guess if you wanna rationalize it, they probably they were well off enough, considering Kairi made it to the island with nothing but the clothes on her back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back