• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's Your Fav Punk Band/Artist?!?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
I'm seeing Flogging Molly this summer (hopefully) :D

And, uh, Warning owned Dookie and Kerplunk.

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
Thats awesome man. I never got to see them. They've been around Boston quite a bit but just never went for it. Saw the Dropkicks a few times and that was excellent. Oh yeah, Warning was rather good. For some reason, I never get enough of Macy's Day Parade, as slow as that song is, it makes me really happy when I hear it.

EvilQueen

Website
www.myspace.com
Quoted for truth. Yeah I remember how great Green Day used to be. I still like them to this day but prefer the older stuff. And Foxboro Hot Tubs, kinda iffy about it......... Nice DG!!! eerr umm KA! ( I miss the DG title.)

Foxboro Hottubs...sound weird. I think. I'm not too sure about the whole thing either. Maybe I just need to hear more...I dunno.

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
Foxboro Hottubs...sound weird. I think. I'm not too sure about the whole thing either. Maybe I just need to hear more...I dunno.

Yeah I tried to get into it but I couldn't. I guess they just released the whole album. I got the 6 tracks that were released a month or so ago and couldn't get into it as much. Maybe I'll check out the whole thing, if there even is more than 6 tracks.

Raeneth

Has a custom user title
Awards
Here is the best band:

The Exploited.

My favorite song of them is "Sex and Violence"!
SLC Punk ftw?

I personally like the Ramones, old Green Dayz, the Clash... never got into the Dead Kennedy's sad to say. I guess I listen to more pop-punk than old school punk. Though i do enjoy my Rancid and Dropkicks.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
No need. Those were the good old days...although most of these 14 year olds may not have any idea what you're talking about. Hahaha

*ahem* I only bought Dookie when I was seven along with a poster of the album cover.

No one's mentioned any proto-punk bands, what about The Velvet Underground and Patti Smith? >:

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I got to see Bowling For Soup, The Vandals, Sum 41 and Pennywise a month ago.
It was awesome.

I'm also a bit partial to Anti-Flag, The Living End and blink 182's sweet, sweet brand of pop-punk.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
*ahem* I only bought Dookie when I was seven along with a poster of the album cover.

No one's mentioned any proto-punk bands, what about The Velvet Underground and Patti Smith? >:

<3 The Velvet Underground. It's right there in my signature. :p

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
*ahem* I do believe I said "most."

Anyways...Still no one heard of Blitzkid?:confused: Anyone?:confused:
Blitzkid dang now shes making bands up as we go.

Dare i throw a local band in? I do dare and i will say Benedict Arnold=Awesomeness. Also Model Citizen when they dont suck balls.

EvilQueen

Website
www.myspace.com
Blitzkid dang now shes making bands up as we go.

Dare i throw a local band in? I do dare and i will say Benedict Arnold=Awesomeness. Also Model Citizen when they dont suck balls.

Making bands up? Hell I wish I could say that I made something up as amazing as Blitzkid, that would be awesome. But even I, with my love for all things horror and decent writing skills, couldn't write anything like the lyrics you find in Blitzkid's songs.:thumbsup:

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
So hey, uh, could I be so bold as to call 3rd wave-ska punk?

If so, then Streetlight Manifesto and Reel Big Fish are at the top of my list.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Then that means I must come here and find out about New Punk music out...Old AFI was awesome, pop-punk, cool...hey would that include Boys Like Girls and Yellowcard?

T

Tyler Durden

While there are some confusions concerning whether a band is powerpop or pop punk/punk, in this case I think that we can be a bit lenient with our definition of genres.

For example, punk is characterized by loud drums and chord-heavy guitars; in that respect, Fall Out Boy is a form of punk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back