• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's Your Fav Punk Band/Artist?!?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
mine are Paramore and Avril Lavigne!!!
Wait Avril Lavigne? that is just plain sad.

Hmm hard to say cause these days i dont even know what is punk anymore. The genre became so flooded with all these different type of punk genres.
I guess i can stick with some though:
Rancid
NoFX
Ramons
The Clash
a few more i just cant remember at the moment.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
I was expecting the definition of 'punk' to reach maybe Sum41 levels, but Avril Lavigne is a whole new level of lol-ability.

It's between Pixies, The Clash and the Buzzcocks for me, probably the latter.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Pixies most definitely aren't punk. At best, they're grunge.

Anyways, either Siouxsie and the Banshees, or the Sex Pistols. But I'm not all that big on Punk.

EvilQueen

Website
www.myspace.com
Oh man, Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco are like the best punk bands ever! Oh my gosh! And who doesn't love Avril?!

Okay.....first of all...

*gag*

If you don't know what punk is...don't talk about it...Paramore? Give me a break.

How about The Misfits? The Offspring? Pennywise? Now that's punk.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Thats not punk your just stupid towards punk music. Fall Out Boy is the best punk band out there and Arvil is the best solo punk out there. I mean if they arent then let lightning strike me now.

Awards
I'm surprised this thread isn't filled with My Chemical Romance, yet.

I've always been partial to The Clash and Dead Kennedys.

EDIT:

Thats not punk your just stupid towards punk music. Fall Out Boy is the best punk band out there and Arvil is the best solo punk out there. I mean if they arent then let lightning strike me now.

Unfortunately, I left my lightning bolts in my other pair of jeans, but make no mistake; you don't know shit about punk.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
I hope you're being sarcastic.

Punk is catagorized by short, powerful songs, usually based off of power chords and not much else, with simple basslines and pounding drums that take center focus. Typically there're some nasally, static vocals, with bareback, anti-establishment or confrontational lyrics.

Fall Out Boy and Avril really don't match any of those qualities. At best, they're pop-punk, but even that's a stretch.

EvilQueen

Website
www.myspace.com
Wow. Some people are just unable to pick up on sarcasm huh?

And there's a difference between hating and stating that a band is not punk.

Did I say anything bad about FOB? No...but they definately are not punk. I wouldn't even call them pop-punk. They are more like plain old pop-rock.

And Avril is just puke in a bag. Not even worthy of being called music.

Last edited:
T

Tyler Durden

I think we need to say whether we are talking about pop punk, british punk, punk rock, and (arguably) hardcore.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
Billy Talent, Autopilot Off, Funeral For A Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back