• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What is the Meaning of Life?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MosesMohs

It's been asked many times before, but what is your opinion?

My answer:

Sex. Sex will always be the meaning of life. The only thing we are here to do is make more people. The end. We don't have to do anything but that.

Darkness of White

Wow it's been a long time
Website
lighthearts.proboards104.com
That's kind of the way I see it, we were only made to reproduce. I don't believe in a god, so I don't think we are to better ourselves, but that is always a nice thing to think. I truely believe we are only to reproduce, just like every other animal, the only difference is we aren't driven by instinct to do so as much as other animals are.

Muse

you look atrocious
I thought it was 42... Oh, how I was wrong.

I don't really have an opinion on the meaning of life. It's just one of those things that I've never really thought about.

Edit: Damn you ninja-Raz!

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I don't really think about it too much. For the most part I don't really think life has any sort of particular meaning or goal, and that for the most everyonel gives their life meaning. I just live and try to enjoy myself and attempt to be a somewhat-decent human being while doing so, as much as possible before the inevitable.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
meaningoflife.jpg

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
No, it's 42! *points to username*

I don't think "reproduction" is a good answer though. The meaning of existing in the world is to bring more people into the world? But why? Why is that important? You're answering the question the wrong way.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Personally, I think it is to serve God

. . . I should probably leave before people get mad at me.

Darkness of White

Wow it's been a long time
Website
lighthearts.proboards104.com

I don't think "reproduction" is a good answer though. The meaning of existing in the world is to bring more people into the world? But why? Why is that important? You're answering the question the wrong way.

Tell me then, how would you answer it from a non religious point of view? No God, no Heaven, no Hell, just a chance happening that we should live because conditions on this planet were perfect for life.

Cissy

Bronze Member
I don't really think about it too much. For the most part I don't really think life has any sort of particular meaning or goal, and that for the most everyonel gives their life meaning based on who they are. I just live and try to enjoy myself and attempt to be a somewhat-decent human being while doing so, as much as possible before the inevitable.
I much agree with Paolo.

I think in terms of nature, yes, we are meant to survive and continue our race, but when we refer to ourselves as humans, as people, it's an indefinite; each of us has a different reason for wanting to live, and because of our opinions "the meaning of life" could be different for each person. However, if we were to say "the meaning of the universe and all life beyond ours" then I think it's more or less an unanswerable question due to the utter magnitude of the universe and the unknown.

MosesMohs

If we all stopped having sex, the species would die off.

Personally, I think it is to serve God

. . . I should probably leave before people get mad at me.

I can respect that.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
^ No kidding, of course we'd die off. But you're asking why we're here? What's the point? To make more people? Ok. But why do they need to be here? You're still not telling me what the point is.

Tell me then, how would you answer it from a non religious point of view? No God, no Heaven, no Hell, just a chance happening that we should live because conditions on this planet were perfect for life.

From a non-religious point of view? That's hard for me to do, because to me, the meaning of life is to serve God. But for non-religious people, I guess I'd say it's simply to make the world a better place, at the risk of sounding corny. We all have gifts/talents, and if used correctly, we better ourselves, others, and the rest of the world.

madruga

dude idc whats the meaning of life...its just another question. If its to have lots of kids or serve god. Its another question that only you can answer cause its what you believe. Its your oppinion on the question that you think is the answer. In other words its a really messed up guess that is always change untill u die....

Muse

you look atrocious
We're here to fuck each other, have children, and together with our children proceed to destroy this beautiful planet we once cherished. That's one opinion about the meaning of life.

afrobutt

Silver Member
I don't really think about it too much. For the most part I don't really think life has any sort of particular meaning or goal, and that for the most everyonel gives their life meaning. I just live and try to enjoy myself and attempt to be a somewhat-decent human being while doing so, as much as possible before the inevitable.

Paolo's got it down. It all depends on your own personal sense of meaning, and your point of view. By instinct, we live for the sake of living. In religion, we live to serve w/e holy deity we believe is our Lord, and to do w/e it is we're supposed to do for this deity. From society's point of view, it's pretty much the same as instict except we're supposed to try not to piss people off while we exist.

tl;dr lolopinion

MosesMohs

^ No kidding, of course we'd die off. But you're asking why we're here? What's the point? To make more people? Ok. But why do they need to be here? You're still not telling me what the point is.

What's the point of tigers?
What's the point of plants?
What's the point of caterpillars?
What's the point of dogs?
What's the point of deer?

They're all here to reproduce, then we die.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Who cares about the point?

I live and progress because I was born with the ability to do so, and care for others because I was born with feelings.

I don't need a meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back