• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What is the Meaning of Life?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KIM7813

I think it could be summed up from Monty Python with these words

"Get along with other people, try not to eat too much fatty foods and exercise often"

It's a hackneyed reply. But then there is 42. I don't know where to start on that.

I guess from my experience, my reply is "trying new things, avoiding what you hate and indulging in what you love"

Of course this may vary from person to person.

peachie

I'm going with Furry Lukar on this one. Coming from a nihilist I really don't think there is any point in existence. Rather, each individual being has the ability to find whatever purpose they want out of it.

Have at it.

Also 42.

Awards
quote redacted at the request of Grace Assassin

I only bothered to read the few paragraphs of your post and you're absolutely right; the first few times I ever heard the shape/dimensions analogy is was in the context of the existence of a higher power, but I felt like it could be applied to this scenario as well.

It's nothing personal but I really lack the patience to read through all of that. But dude, you seem like a really intelligent guy who has his shit together -- if you could condense that post into maybe two sentences, you'd be my hero.

But to reply to the rest;

The biggest issue with debating the meaning of life is the many definitions of the word "meaning". Take a look for yourself:

meaning - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

But whenever I talk about the meaning of life, know that I am referring to the implications of our existence. If I asked you "What is the meaning of that fecal matter on the floor?" your answer would be to try to elaborate on how and why it was there, not to describe what its eternal purpose is. Same thing applies to life, but on a much grander scale obviously. I am concerned with how and why we are here and not (as least in this thread) what we're supposed to be doing why we're here -- in my opinion that is something entirely different and much more personal.

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
lol

for those who don't undestand, if you typed in "what is the answer to life, the universe, and everything" on google, the built in counculator would say "42". idk if it happens anymore tho.

so it is 42 according to google counculator.

AndyCloseEyes

Enjoying the fact that I'm better
You live. You do whatever you want and have fun. You die. You move on to the next life. Repeat.

GA summed it up.....reallllly long.

Humans probably appeared on the Earth because of a higher power. How could they be created out of nothing?

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
^ Amino Acids and what not lol, but I honestly don't want to get into it.
Believe what you want.

namine's shadow

I texted 118 and asked them what the meaning of life was. They said 'The meaning of life is many things to many people, amongst them are happiness,love,wisdom, understanding and 42. It's also a film by the Monty Python team!'

What does 42 mean anyway?

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
In my opinion life doesn't really have a meaning. It just is.
I would think that differently if I was religious, though.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
At the end of time, listening to the drums...
Life... Is life. You could Try to sum it up, but it's impossible. In a sense, We created our definition of Life, and as such, we cannot find true meaning to our definition. What is life? Is it having a heart? A soul? Family? Friends? Possibly, but maybe it's none of those things. The fact is, each person has a different definition of life, so it has a different meaning to everyone. As Grace Assassin said, It's best to stop wondering, and just take it all in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back