• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What if Vanitas isn't one of the 13 Darknesses

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
See, it's always the same thing. That one Xemnas statement is turning out to be more damaging than anything else, because it is vastly interpreted as this iron-clad rule that as soon as someone has one of the imperfections he listed, then they're out of the group.
But once again, I'll join others in looking straight at Braig/Xigbar, a guy whose "untrustworthy" might be his middle name, and Isa/Saix, one who on screen talked about how he wants to know everything Xemnas is doing and willingly sabotaged Xemnas plan by having Vexen being vanquished.
Both of them have a VIP seat in Xehanort's own league, so any traitorous behaviour Marluxia, Larxene or others could've showcased doesn't really prove much.
real question here *winks at DarkosOverlord* is why not mention Larxene
92e73f6c81783023ef9a19721d6869b3--true-stories-funny-things.jpg

Why, indeed. It's not like anything bad will happen to you anyway. Just a bit of backlash from abusing her name, but that's only fair.
*one of many band-aids falls from face*
Please, don't mind me: I just feel down some stairs. At Castle Oblivion. All the thirteen floors.

One problem that I've pointed out in another thread is Xemnas said most of the Organization members weren't suited to be Xehanort vessels for various reasons. In regards to members that are vessels, Marluxia's all but confirmed and Luxord's been hinted at with one of Young Xehanort's chess pieces. If Larxene (and possibly Demyx too) do end up as members that would mean more than half of the original Organization (exactly half if you count Xion) are vessels

Well, half of them being unfit would still be many in some regards, especially since by how they talk about it Nobodies doesn't seem all that common: I think losing even one or two of the even rarer human form ones could be a hefty damage.
This point has been made in the past as cwell, and there's definitely validity in it, but then I always thought: and so who would be the theorethically other members? I don't think they will introduce 6-7 new characters out of the bat, and former members make more sense to me than the Foretellers, Anti Black Coat Nightmare or even Eraqus.

Empress Mitsuru

What if we get Disney and/or Final Fantasy villains like I suggested elsewhere? So far the series doesn't have any FF villains other than Sephiroth, so having a couple of them as Xehanort vessels would be a perfect way to fix that.

D

Deleted member 246005

He could be allied with Xehanort but not neccesarily a vessel.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Yeah, I completely agree here. There's reasonable theories that Roxas or Xion will fill that 13th spot, which is awful enough considering all that they've gone through would be to just be possessed and controlled (again, in Xion's case). I also feel like making Roxas an antagonist to Sora kind of repeats parts of KH2 even though most of Roxas's ill feelings towards Sora are dissolved by now.

Roxas was outright confirmed by Young Xehanort to not be a vessel. "Roxas developed a sense of self and went back to Sora". There's no way he's going to be part of the Seekers of Darkness. Matter of fact, he has potential to be the seventh Guardian of Light.

Xion, on the other hand, was designed as a puppet though. Her developing a personality of her own was the deviation, not the other way around. Roxas is different because he's Sora's Nobody. He has an identity, other members refer to Roxas as a person even if he is a Nobody. Xion never had that privilege from everybody.

And besides, Terranort is a possession (that being Xehanort possessing Terra's heart and body) and he's more than likely a true member, so Xion isn't out of the question either. And technically speaking, Xemnas did not possess Xion, rather, tinkered with her settings to his liking.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Roxas was outright confirmed by Young Xehanort to not be a vessel. "Roxas developed a sense of self and went back to Sora". There's no way he's going to be part of the Seekers of Darkness. Matter of fact, he has potential to be the seventh Guardian of Light.

I don't necessarily agree that Roxas will be one of them (personally I hope he's a Guardian!) but the problem that Young Xehanort stated was that Roxas had returned to Sora and wasn't able to be used (he wasn't a separate entity anymore), so they went after Sora instead. He wasn't a possible vessel at that point, and this was before they had to change plans because they couldn't claim Sora. In what we've seen of Toy Box and Xemnas provoking Sora, this had lead to people thinking they might hijack Roxas as Sora is trying to get him back.

And besides, Terranort is a possession (that being Xehanort possessing Terra's heart and body) and he's more than likely a true member, so Xion isn't out of the question either.

I wasn't saying that Terra wouldn't be, just that it'd be awful for them to bring Roxas and Xion back just to immediately be controlled by Xehanort. Terra's possession is something ongoing that needs to be solved, but it'd be different if he was already saved and then they made him a vessel again.

And technically speaking, Xemnas did not possess Xion, rather, tinkered with her settings to his liking.

Eh. He was controlling her, you get what I mean. It's just a little too similar of a situation.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I wasn't saying that Terra wouldn't be, just that it'd be awful for them to bring Roxas and Xion back just to immediately be controlled by Xehanort. Terra's possession is something ongoing that needs to be solved, but it'd be different if he was already saved and then they made him a vessel again.

That is something which holds true for all those in need of saving since everyone who's suffering is doing so because of Xehanort already to begin with.
That's indeed awful and why I am not really on board with such a lame "plot twist".
Possessed by a form of Xehanort or being forced to fight for the evil shitbags is nothing new and has been done to death already in the other titles of the series so it would be just retreading territory that was already narratively traversed beforehand, especially when it is done to a person who already was a victim of it beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back