• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you think Xehanort wants with Sora?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OblivionPrincess

In the Jump Festa trailer it looked like the guy in the Black Coat and/or YX seemed to me that he was trying to get Sora. Like how he kept showing up in front of Sora all over Traverse Town and that scene in Notre Dame with his hood down.
Think he might know that Sora holds Ven's heart, because that's what I felt like I got from the last few seconds of the trailer, especially with Vanitas right next to him. Wonder how Sora's going to react to seeing his evil clone and if he finds out the full story involving Ven, Xehanort, and the others.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's weird. Usually there's a connection like father and son or murdering the mother and trying to kill the baby, but instead making a scar that connects the two together but for Xehanort and Sora there's nearly nothing.

If Mickey and Yen Sid are close to figuring out where Ven's heart is, Xehanort is either at the same point or three steps in front of them.

Bobby Craft

Welcome to the forums!

If i were to guess I would agree that it is because of Ven's heart. I'm having major brain lag but I remember in the Ansem reports he stated that he sent Kairi to Destiny Island in order to track the chosen one or w/e.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
In the Jump Festa trailer it looked like the guy in the Black Coat and/or YX seemed to me that he was trying to get Sora. Like how he kept showing up in front of Sora all over Traverse Town and that scene in Notre Dame with his hood down.
Think he might know that Sora holds Ven's heart, because that's what I felt like I got from the last few seconds of the trailer, especially with Vanitas right next to him. Wonder how Sora's going to react to seeing his evil clone and if he finds out the full story involving Ven, Xehanort, and the others.
He wants him gone. Why? All of Xemnas and Ansem's plans were trumped by Sora with the aid of his friends. I have a feeling Xehanort's going to try to plant disbelief and confusion in Sora, sort of how he did with Terra, and how he ordered Vanitas to do to Ven.
Sora will probably tell Vanitas that he's good looking. ;)
I expect Sora will be shocked about the Ven thing at first, because I doubt he remembers giving Ven refuge. But he'll warm up to the idea after a while. I'm just wondering how Sora and Ven will interact with each other after Ventus is revived. Will they be good friends like Sora is with Riku? Or will they be a little more distant?

OblivionPrincess

Think the Chosen One was Ven's heart or Terra's successor Riku. I dont think Master Xehanort knew about Riku or Sora at the time of BBS, but then again he did used to live on the Islands and we really dont know what he was doing during the years between bringing Ven to the islands or during the game. Think he at least suspected that Ven's heart connected with someone else's?

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Well if YX has Vanitas' heart residing within him, then he should know where Ven's is.

Since Vanitas and Ven share a connection, so in turn YX would share a connection with Sora then.

D.D.D

Think the Chosen One was Ven's heart or Terra's successor Riku. I dont think Master Xehanort knew about Riku or Sora at the time of BBS, but then again he did used to live on the Islands and we really dont know what he was doing during the years between bringing Ven to the islands or during the game. Think he at least suspected that Ven's heart connected with someone else's?
Well, he must've suspected something when Vanitas suddenly had a face. He probably guessed at the whole Ven connecting thing. He just didn't know it was Sora.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Well, he must've suspected something when Vanitas suddenly had a face. He probably guessed at the whole Ven connecting thing. He just didn't know it was Sora.

Most likely, Vanitas should've had a face. In theory he should've looked exactly like Ventus, only with black hair, before Sora connected with Ven.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Well for starters he has Ven's heart which he still needs for the X-Blade. Then Vanitas's body was destroyed in BbS so he's going to need a new one and with Sora's being identical to his old one it's an option.

Aaaannndd there's the fact that Sora keeps bonking up his (counterparts) plans so he just wants him out of the way. The last thing he needs is for Sora graduate to a master.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Mabey he is humilated from being defeated by this child and his pets and wants to destroy him.lol
Actually If Xehanort has brought back vanitas then he may be trying to rety the Xblade scheme again, which he need to seperate ven from sora, and if he can do that much for us I'd be cool

D.D.D

Most likely, Vanitas should've had a face. In theory he should've looked exactly like Ventus, only with black hair, before Sora connected with Ven.
I can't exactly remember where I heard this(I think it was a Nomura interview or some member on this site), but Vanitas was faceless before Ven connected with Sora.
Oh wait! Here it is:
Spoiler: BBS Ultimania Interview -- How did you decide on the design for their faces?
Nomura: "-And there is a reason that Vanitas looks like Sora. As Sora filled in Ventus’ fractured heart, the fractured part (Vanitas) was affected by Sora and ended up with Sora’s face. So if it had been Riku who had filled in Ventus’ heart, Vanitas would have looked like Riku."
Meaning the part Sora contributed to Ven's heart also filled in Vanitas' face.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Sora and Xehanort share two types of connections:

Both Sora and Xehanort have the ability to connect their hearts in some way to the hearts of others. Xehanort seems to have connected to Braig, Saix (Hence the pointy ears and yellow eyes), and now apparently Vanitas. Sora can also connect his heart to other people and there are examples of that through out the series.

Sora seems to be able to cause positive effects on people he connects to such as healing Ven's heart or allowing Axel to feel emotions through Roxas. Xehanort on the other hand seems to cause negative effects with his connection power such as Saix changing so much in personality comapred to when he was Isa.

The second tie in between Sora and Xehanort is that while Sora is the one destined to save those in torment, Xehanort is the one that is responsible either directly or indirectly for all of their torment.

I believe this all has something to do with what Xehanort is after Sora for.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
I can't exactly remember where I heard this(I think it was a Nomura interview or some member on this site), but Vanitas was faceless before Ven connected with Sora.
Oh wait! Here it is:
Spoiler: BBS Ultimania Interview -- How did you decide on the design for their faces?
Nomura: "-And there is a reason that Vanitas looks like Sora. As Sora filled in Ventus’ fractured heart, the fractured part (Vanitas) was affected by Sora and ended up with Sora’s face. So if it had been Riku who had filled in Ventus’ heart, Vanitas would have looked like Riku."
Meaning the part Sora contributed to Ven's heart also filled in Vanitas' face.

That doesn't say that Vanitas was faceless....it only says that he would've looked like whoever connected their heart with Ventus.

Obviously the model used for when Vanitas was "born" was him in his mask, since it would've meant another model would've had to be put in, and they also still used HJO for "just born Vanitas", which is strange actually since Ven and Vanitas had no connection to Sora at this time, so he should've had a different voice than Sora's really. But again, that would've meant they'd have needed another VA, it would've been too much, and would've confused everybody by giving him a different voice for that one scene and never have him talking like that again.

But anyways, what you said doesn't say that Vanitas was faceless before Sora connected with Ven, just says that Vanitas could've looked just like Riku, had his heart had connected with Ven's. But since Riku was born roughly a year before Sora, that would be challenging, since the only reason that Sora and Ven connected was due to it being the moment Sora was born (Actually when his heart developed, but let's not get into that).

So like I said, in theory Vanitas should've looked exactly like Ven when he was born, before Sora connected with them. Since Vanitas took the dark half of Ven's heart, and his hair color is just to show that he was the dark half. And the heart affects the appearance, and Ven's heart makes him look the way he does, and makes Roxas look the way he did, so since Vanitas and Ven's hearts were the same at this time, he should've looked exactly like Ven only with black hair.

Sora and Xehanort share two types of connections:

Both Sora and Xehanort have the ability to connect their hearts in some way to the hearts of others. Xehanort seems to have connected to Braig, Saix (Hence the pointy ears and yellow eyes), and now apparently Vanitas. Sora can also connect his heart to other people and there are examples of that through out the series.

One example would be that everyone forgot about him throughout the one year that we was asleep.
Cause not only did Namine rearrange his memories, but because of that it also affected everyone else's memories of Sora, Donald, and Goofy, since she had to reconstruct their hearts/memories really.

OblivionPrincess

If Xehanort is trying to do the x-blade plan again, think he might do it with Sora? After all he does possess Ven's heart and it could be possible that Sora's power with light might be on the same level as Vanitas is with Darkness. If I remember correctly that's what MX needed for his plan with the x-blade to work.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
That doesn't say that Vanitas was faceless....it only says that he would've looked like whoever connected their heart with Ventus.

Obviously the model used for when Vanitas was "born" was him in his mask, since it would've meant another model would've had to be put in, and they also still used HJO for "just born Vanitas", which is strange actually since Ven and Vanitas had no connection to Sora at this time, so he should've had a different voice than Sora's really. But again, that would've meant they'd have needed another VA, it would've been too much, and would've confused everybody by giving him a different voice for that one scene and never have him talking like that again.

But anyways, what you said doesn't say that Vanitas was faceless before Sora connected with Ven, just says that Vanitas could've looked just like Riku, had his heart had connected with Ven's. But since Riku was born roughly a year before Sora, that would be challenging, since the only reason that Sora and Ven connected was due to it being the moment Sora was born (Actually when his heart developed, but let's not get into that).

So like I said, in theory Vanitas should've looked exactly like Ven when he was born, before Sora connected with them. Since Vanitas took the dark half of Ven's heart, and his hair color is just to show that he was the dark half. And the heart affects the appearance, and Ven's heart makes him look the way he does, and makes Roxas look the way he did, so since Vanitas and Ven's hearts were the same at this time, he should've looked exactly like Ven only with black hair.

One example would be that everyone forgot about him throughout the one year that we was asleep.
Cause not only did Namine rearrange his memories, but because of that it also affected everyone else's memories of Sora, Donald, and Goofy, since she had to reconstruct their hearts/memories really.

That was because Ventus connected his heart to Sora during Vanitas' birth. Time in someone's heart is different from time in the real world.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I think the biggest reason he wants Sora is so that he can bring back Vanitas. If Vanitas comes back, then the Unversed will rise up again. Plus, if Xehanort has control over Heartless, Nobodies, AND Unversed, he'll be even more difficult to stop.

Another reason is Xehanort could recreate the X-Blade yet again if he also brings back Ventus (whose heart is most likely within Sora at this point).

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
That was because Ventus connected his heart to Sora during Vanitas' birth. Time in someone's heart is different from time in the real world.

No he did not. And I don't believe it's been said that time flows differently within the heart. One that doesn't make sense really. The only place in which time doesn't flow as it does in the RoL is the RoD.

MX separated the darkness from Ventus' heart, creating Vanitas. Some time after that, MX took Ven's lifeless (unresponsive) body to DI to die. Just so happened that at that night Sora was born (Western Belief). So Sora's newborn heart connected with Ven's broken heart to fill the gap.

Since Sora filled the gap in which was Vanitas, Vanitas took on the appearance of him, being the one to have, in a sense, taken the place of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back