• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What characters were you most excited to see in Birth By Sleep?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Ven doesn't like Aqua because she left him behind D:
Terra is Ven's friend, so they think it is necessary to put in Terra lol

Well, he does canonly seem to care about Terra more. One of the Xehanort reports said as much, otherwise I think they'd have had Van say that Ven cared about both Aqua and Terra and not only Terra
XP

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I was excited to see Terra, Vanitas, MX, Aqua, and Zack (even though I thought he could do a lot more than just bitch and moan). I like Ven but I wasn't overjoyed about him.

OH and Eraqus: he was fresh as hell :)

Sadie808

When i first ever heard of and saw birth by sleep it was with the trailer were it introduce Xehanort and Vanitas and back then i was impressed when i saw the trailer i was like wow what's roxas doing there etc? to cut it short i was mostly excited about ventus and terra
I didn't really think much of aqua at that time but funny if you play'd with me in the mirage arena (before i stop playing) i used her alot lmfao!

The character i was really interested in playing the most was terra

The first time i saw this video i was impressed! by 00:44- 46 & 1:00 - 03 and 1:11 -16

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I was mostly excited about Aqua since it's not often you'll play as a character that's magic based.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I'm not alone :D
Yes I called him a plot troll. It seems like he did very little overall and as I said, his biggest contributions were to give Aqua her mandatory boss fights and Ven his final boss.
In that regard he wasn't that different than SoD Ansem in KH1 but SoD Ansem seemed like more of a person and a character than Vanitas whose concept was everything he had. Remove most scenes with him in-game and you won't really get that different a story... and then you'll remember you didn't have that many scenes with him to begin with.
And don't even get me started on not getting why oh why he even obeyed MX to begin with. For someone who's supposed to be made of nothing but Darkness, he was a lot less chaotic and evil than I could hope. He was, effectively, MX's lap-dog.
Excuse me if I fail to see the charm.
well, the obvious is that during their off-screen time, and theres too much of that, anything could've happened. My best guess is they struck some sort of deal. usually a fall-back for villain teams. hopefully, fm clears it up.

"Only". Repliku much.
And let's recall that in the worlds he wasn't in, Aqua had freaking rehashed bosses like in the Dwarf Woodlands. Excuse me if I'm not impressed with either of them.
the carriage, the ice titan+Hades, Gantu-yep, those were *all* rehashes. even the dragon fight isnt the same as it was in kh1.

Ho yes. Let us forever more praise Aqua for telling Ven to go back to the home he RAN AWAY FROM and then LEAVE HIM BEHIND

yeah, she left him to go have a blast at DarknessLand.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
off-screen time

And that's what makes him a plot troll.

even the dragon fight isnt the same as it was in kh1.

I never said ALL her boss fights were rehashes, but she had several Vanitas boss fights, and a world that served no purpose and she had to use Terra's boss-fight. At least for Terra, he had a plot reason to have that specific boss battle. Aqua's visit to that world was redundant aside from running through that movie's plot in full.

yeah, she left him to go have a blast at DarknessLand.

I doubt you really understood what I was talking about.
I was talking about Radiant Garden, not the final episode.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The Osaka team had a PSP.
H.A.N.D had a DS :v
To put things in perspective - Days is one of the most packed DS games and its rom is 250 megs.
BBS's rom is several times that size.
Of COURSE it'll have more content in that regards.
*waits for the 3DS*
Not much of an excuse IMO, The Disney bosses could've taken the space of all those heartless recolors.

Nomura & HAND dropped the ball on Days & should've thought it all out better. Although one gets the feeling that BBS took all of Days' good parts. Seeing the past lives of org members? Would've made sense in Days but happened in BBS instead. Bossfights with Hook & Hades? BBS, not Days. Rikunort fight? Not exactly but functionally the same idea does occur in BBS.

Days was left having to fill in the holes of it's own potential, which it did by having a mary sue & a whole lot of recycled heartless. But IMO even with all that BBS gutted out of Days that game still could've done a whole lot more than it did.

Last edited:

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Ok, you got me with RG, though the thought crossed my mind.

But i wouldnt consider DW totally wasted. It has that flashback which *could* be significant depending on the chosen order of play.

As for Vanitas, my point is that japanese storytellers like leaving some loose ends. Encourages participation in the story. That doesnt excuse the aqua-trolling. But then again, Aqua has no personal antagonist. They try to make it seem like she let her position get to her head, and that falls flat.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
As for Vanitas, my point is that japanese storytellers like leaving some loose ends.

Loose ends =\= utter lack of basis.
For instance - Vanitas at this point if the overly anticipated, poorly executed concept of "The Darkness of Ven's Heart".

Encourages participation in the story.

I fail to see what complete and utter lack of character development, insight, or estbalishment as an actual CHARACTER would encourage me to participate in a story.

They try to make it seem like she let her position get to her head, and that falls flat.

Not really. I do recall a Nomura quote citing Aqua as supposedly a bi-stander. She's SUPPOSED to stand aside and watch.
Which makes it pretty damn sad they gave THAT concept to a playable protagonist. It didn't work all that well with KH2 Sora, and it failed with Days' Roxas.
Now you make a character whose whole basis is to accidentally throw her friends to Darkness and go "oh bo ho everything sucks but I'll keep not learning anything to the bitter end and make things worse!"?
It took all I had to not skip scenes with her. I mean sure I appreciate the concept of the failure-as-a-friend but dude, that was pathetic.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Loose ends =\= utter lack of basis.
For instance - Vanitas at this point if the overly anticipated, poorly executed concept of "The Darkness of Ven's Heart".

I fail to see what complete and utter lack of character development, insight, or estbalishment as an actual CHARACTER would encourage me to participate in a story.

Not really. I do recall a Nomura quote citing Aqua as supposedly a bi-stander. She's SUPPOSED to stand aside and watch.
Which makes it pretty damn sad they gave THAT concept to a playable protagonist. It didn't work all that well with KH2 Sora, and it failed with Days' Roxas.
Now you make a character whose whole basis is to accidentally throw her friends to Darkness and go "oh bo ho everything sucks but I'll keep not learning anything to the bitter end and make things worse!"?
It took all I had to not skip scenes with her. I mean sure I appreciate the concept of the failure-as-a-friend but dude, that was pathetic.
I really dont know what to say. Im a real filmmaking major, so i should know where something is lacking in the story. I even noticed countless plot holes in the HP movies-stuff that's normally missed. Not to mention those found in Disney films which i more readily embrace. Im a critical thinker. Im always gonna try and fill in these blanks.

i would like it if someone could link me to the interview where Nomura said she was a bystander?

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
I was glad to see Isa and Lea. Isa sure seemed quite opposite of his Nobody and Lea seemed a lot like his Nobody.

Kevin Perez

I really enjoyed seeing the Disney characters, especially those from the Disney Princesses respective worlds and Deep Space, and Neverland.

Aqua really caught me by surprise too. I had an idea of what would (or could) happen to Terra and Ven respective but for her, I honestly I had NO idea what was to become of her character. Towards the end of her scenario, I honestly did consider to be the main character in BBS. I only wish the boss fights where expanded for her, got to fight Queen Grimhindle and the game showed a little more background between her and Terra. I get the idea there's more to them than just your friends, if you catch my drift.

Stars

リク

Aqua originally is a bi-stander?Lol. And she turn out to be the keyblade master ._.

Last edited:

Crystal

Silver Member

o_O When is it stated that Aqua actually a bi-stander?

I was glad to see Isa and Lea. Isa sure seemed quite opposite of his Nobody and Lea seemed a lot like his Nobody.

Yea, Lea even in his noboday also seem cute and funny. <3
Isa become more serious as a nobody.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Axel comments on that in days. Sort of a "You've changed", "No, you're the one who's changed" thing.

Princess-Sammi

Ever since I first heard of BBS, I immediately took a liking to Aqua. :) She didn't seem to be a Mary Sue or a damsel-in-distress like the other KH ladies (save for Larxene).

I'm also a Maleficent fan so I looked forward to seeing her in BBS as well. What really got me stoked was seeing Isa's character design and wondering how he would be involved in BBS.

However, I wasn't too keen on Terra at first - but I warmed up to him eventually. And I was really anxious to find out how Ventus was connected to Roxas and Sora.

Lavender13

I agree, Aqua seemed to be the most original character out of the 3. Plus there was a big mystery behind her and we didn't know who she was. but now we do, and she's a great character and a pretty important one.

though i do admit, Nomura really played it safe, by giving her a simple design that will attract most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back