• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are some of the most unique anime's you've liked/disliked?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
My 3 so far that i like that i've liked are

Mushishi
Mononoke
Panty and Stocking
and FLCL

and there's more to add to that list
but what anime's have you found unique that you liked?

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Tatami Galaxy and Kuuchuu Buranko are probably the most obscure in style that I've loved.

How are we classing as unique?

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
just through opinion. It could be unique to you in it's style of art, it's form of story, it's cast, or all of this together. So basically yes, any anime you've found obscure in style as opposed to other anime's you've viewed

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
House of Five Leaves .

It was pretty refreshing and unique both in artstyle, tempo and overall mood <3

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Hyakka Ryoran: Samurai Girls had some interesting artwork, and just everything about it had a bit of interesting vibes coming from it on my part..at least, i think so.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards

How is Fooly Cooly? I remember reading something about it a while back and I was going to check it out (I think I started the first episode but never really finished). Now its on Netflix so I might revisit it and give it another go. What should I expect?

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
FLCL is the most unique one i can think of....no words can describe XD

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I always hesitate to talk about what I think is "unique" as often times things that are thought to be unique often get revealed otherwise once we've been exposed to more that the chosen medium has to offer.

That being said:

Art - Bakeneko/Mononoke, hands down, has the most distinctive art that I've ever seen in anime. It's incredibly surreal, incredibly effective, and is (at times) beautifully animated. There's really not much else to say about it, because once you've seen that art style, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Story - Now this one is a lot trickier, since completely originality is nigh impossible to come by in any form of storytelling medium. If I had to choose, I would probably have to go with .hack//SIGN, mainly because I've never seen a franchise tie everything together quite the way that this series has, and SIGN gets props for being the strongest realization of the series' concepts.

As much as I love absolutely Mushishi, with its beautiful scenery and brilliant method of episodic psychological study (especially when faced with nature and other such uncontrollable events), I just don't feel comfortable saying it's the most unique I've ever seen.

On a more negative note, I must give a shout out to Dog Days, an anime from the current anime season. It has managed to take the concepts of war and consequence to a level of such utter absurdity that the only way I can describe it is as "unique."

Ace.

Banned
I don't think I've seen a unique anime that I've disliked. I'm the type that'll like something just because it's unique lol. Some of the most unique anime I've seen are Tekkon Kinkreet, Kaiba, Mind Game, Death Note, Aachi wa Ssipak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back