• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Was Courage the Cowardly Dog going to make a return to TV, But Scrapped?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

soraalam1

The new episode were to be made by "RamgKingStudios"
The description of this YouTube Video.
Leaked teaser trailer of Courage The Cowardly Dog returning in 2012.
*Update*
Our studio was contracted to make 10-15 mins episodes of courage. John Dilworth was put on as creative director for the project. The trailer was suppose to be a viral promo campaign to see if it was worth the time & effort to remake CTCD. Sadly the video didn't get enough exposure in time & CN decided to scarp the whole project. All hope is not lost there is still interest to make a mini web series but no news other than that. I didn't have the heart (also signed a confidentiality agreement) to break it to the CTCD fan base. Send in letters/emails requesting that you guys want CTCD back its worth a shot.
*Update*
The video:
[Video=Youtube;DcNIgv3XAYs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcNIgv3XAYs[/Video]

Do you think this is real? Or should I say was. I just discovered it. I think it might have been fake only for one reason. The Cartoon Network logo was an old outdated one. But everything else was pretty legit. Do you think this really was an expiriment from CN. Do you think instead they just brought Cartoon Planet in its place?

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I could care less if it was fake, that show was amazing. I still have a huge collection of CN DVDs. Have every episode of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy and Courage sitting in a chest in my living room. I don't ever plan on selling them either. Nostalgia glasses or not, I still think those were two of the best cartoon network shows.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
No new footage, and most likely not an original music composition, so I sincerely doubt that's real. And if it is, unless John R. Dilworth is the head of it, it won't be nearly as good as it was.

But if you really want some of that old Courage feel, check out the Stretch Films youtube. Has all the shorts made before/after Courage. http://www.youtube.com/user/StretchFilms/videos

Last edited:

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
You can tell its fake by the fact that this "Ramgking Studios" doesn't even have a website and it started in 2007. Why the hell would CN choose this random studio that looks like they never even make cartoons.

misssheep

Oh god please no... sorry but I hated it...

It was way too scary and not really pleasent to watch at all.

Go away and don't come back.

soraalam1

It actually might come on every friday. You see, every Friday at 8pm Cartoon Network airs "Cartoon Planet", Hosted by Brak and Zorak as part of CNs 20th anniversary. It shows classic cartoon (Random Shows), but unfortunately (for me) they sometimes show things like Chowder and Flapjack. Think of it as a modernized Cartoon Cartoons show if you must. Courage, PPG, Dexter, Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken, Billy and Mandy, and Ed Edd n Eddy have all appeared numerous times. You guys should check it out. It will give CN ratings on their classic shows which might send a message through their thick headed skulls. Here is a promo.

[video=youtube;w-HlehJ4DNM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-HlehJ4DNM[/video]

^When I first saw that on TV, I did a manly squeal.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
idec its fairly mindblowing that ppl still watch television

Oh god please no... sorry but I hated it...

It was way too scary and not really pleasent to watch at all.

Go away and don't come back.

YES omg i could not sleep because of this show when i was little asdgf;kdg;

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
dude, even though the show creeped me out, i still loved courage. i don't know why but the show had a certain charm that just made me love it :3

they do show it sometimes on the cartoon planet segment i believe so i'll just enjoy the re-runs

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
[video=youtube;ZdTymvjRuoc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdTymvjRuoc&feature=related[/video]

I only remember ever being spooked out by the Curse of King Ramses episode, but looking back...yeah that show was pretty fucking dark. I really don't know how it lasted as long as it did.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Let's say, for arguments sake, that Courage was coming back in it's former glory, but with new episodes. Would it really be able to get away with the shit it did get away with when it first came on? I highly doubt it. Why you ask? Well, simply put, the censorship back in the 90s to mid 2000s was really lenient.

Maybe it would get away with SOME stuff, but not as much as it did when it first premiered.

soraalam1

Let's say, for arguments sake, that Courage was coming back in it's former glory, but with new episodes. Would it really be able to get away with the shit it did get away with when it first came on? I highly doubt it. Why you ask? Well, simply put, the censorship back in the 90s to mid 2000s was really lenient.

Maybe it would get away with SOME stuff, but not as much as it did when it first premiered.
I've heard that Regular Show and Adventure Time had dark moments and innuendos, but I can't speak for it because I don't watch those shows much.

[video=youtube;ZdTymvjRuoc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdTymvjRuoc&feature=related[/video]

I only remember ever being spooked out by the Curse of King Ramses episode, but looking back...yeah that show was pretty fucking dark. I really don't know how it lasted as long as it did.
I've seen that video before! It was dark, sure, but to me it had a charm and became my favorite show on the network.

misssheep

I think it's because back then we didn't wrap children and kids in bubbles we gave them a taste of reality and didn't shy them away from dark and scary things. Parents knew that if a child couldn't handle it, it was okay maybe they'll enjoy something else. These days if a child got scared at something they'll throw a hissy fit complain to the media and cry that cartoons are damaging their child's life and future.

Okay I didn't like this cartoon growing up but many children did despite it's dark nature. Everybody is different and some people are more scared by certain horrors than others.

Parents don't know that it's okay to experiment and try and let them watch different things dark or not and teach them that it's only a animation and fantasy and won't affect them in real life ! Also it's human nature to be frighted and scared ! Let them learn while they're young what being scared feels like and why as humans we get scared. They may not be able to handle Courage but at least they'll learn why you know ?

Parents back then knew it was only a little cartoon with a purple dog and isn't reality, parents these days would jump on their feet and throw a fit and ban their child from television and movies all because of the cartoon.

I've been spying on a Mother's Forum because curious nature is a curious thing and you won't believe how many children aged 5- 10 are still watching baby shows like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse because cartoons are too rough. Not joking. It's just so stupid !

Sorry didn't mean to go into a huge rant.

Last edited:

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
This show fucking scared the shit out of me back when I was a kid. I never watched it because of that, seriously freaked me out xD

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

You should go back and watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back