• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ven and Roxas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
ok, so in BBS Ventus meets, Pete, Phil, Hercules, Captain Hook, and Tinkerbell.

In Days, Roxas meets all the same characters.

Do NONE of them recognize him?? Did Nomura give this ANY thought at all? I know 10-11 years is a long time, but Roxas had to have been familiar to them.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
It was almost a decade since they all saw Ven and they didn't know him very well so they simply forgot about him. I'm sure a couple of people stopped when they met Roxas and though "hey, this kid looks familier" but it would be such a vauge memory by that time. I maen, if I could remember every person I met once or twice almost a decade ago...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Ture, 10 years had passed since they met Ven, so Roxas is just a new face to them.
^This^
Actually, all the people you mentioned just dealt with Ven for a short amount of time and while friendly didn't were that close with him except maybe Hercules.

But over that decade Hercules had so much other things to do and pay attention about that he simply forgot.

Maybe if Roxas had met Maleficent or the three fairies (these actually took note of Ven's special bright heart) they would at least recall there once was someone awfully similar to this black-coated guy standing before them but not much more.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Well, if I remember correctly in Days, Herucles never actually saw Roxas. If he would of saw him then maybe his memory would have came back of Ven. Phil, on the otherhand, I don't get why he didn't remember Ventus. I am surprised he didn't say something like, "Oh, you look like someone that used to train Herc back when he was a rookie."

Coeurl

Demon Dance
11 years is a long time, and with those people having little interaction with Ven, no doubt they would easily forget about him..

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'll throw a random theory out there and say that maybe, just maybe, people forgot Ven just like they did Sora when Namine disconnected everyone's Memories. As seen in Days, Ven's Memories did play a part enough to make Xion look like him to Xigbar, so I don't think it'd be a stretch to say that if people remembered Ven too, it'd be tricky to get Sora to wake up as well.

Wonder how badly Coded/Re:Coded debunks this.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
It is to the same effect that happened when Sora went to sleep, everyone forgot him.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It is to the same effect that happened when Sora went to sleep, everyone forgot him.

There's a very large difference though being that for Sora, Namine took apart his Memories which in turn took apart the Memories of him in everyone's Hearts. As far as we know, Ven didn't have anyone erasing his existence like that.

Silverslide

There's a very large difference though being that for Sora, Namine took apart his Memories which in turn took apart the Memories of him in everyone's Hearts. As far as we know, Ven didn't have anyone erasing his existence like that.

Riku didn't forget him though. :/

I thought it was his heart going to sleep that caused everyone to forget him.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Riku didn't forget him though. :/

Yeah, I'm still icky about that part with Riku. I'd sooner say it has something to do with the bond he has to Xion that let her absorb his Memories as well though.
That doesn't change the fact, however - the reason Sora was forgotten was that Namine took apart the Memories in Sora's Hearts, as well as the Memories of Sora in the Hearts of others. Then, as Sora began remembering, everyone else remembered him back. Regardless of why Riku seems to remember him in Days or exactly what and how much he remembered, that doesn't change - and Ven lacked that, as far as we know.

Silverslide

Yeah, I'm still icky about that part with Riku. I'd sooner say it has something to do with the bond he has to Xion that let her absorb his Memories as well though.
That doesn't change the fact, however - the reason Sora was forgotten was that Namine took apart the Memories in Sora's Hearts, as well as the Memories of Sora in the Hearts of others. Then, as Sora began remembering, everyone else remembered him back. Regardless of why Riku seems to remember him in Days or exactly what and how much he remembered, that doesn't change - and Ven lacked that, as far as we know.

Okie doke.

That made me thinks, wouldn't Namine have discovered Ven's memories inside Sora?

Awards
ok, so in BBS Ventus meets, Pete, Phil, Hercules, Captain Hook, and Tinkerbell.

In Days, Roxas meets all the same characters.

Roxas never met Hercules. I don't recall him really meeting Hook either (from a distance, Hook thought Axel and Roxas were Heartless).
But, yeah, pretty much, they just forgot because it had been over a decade.

Pete's an idiot, so he has enough trouble tying his own shoes, let alone remembering a face from ten years ago.
Phil has got rookies coming in and out all the time, I doubt he would recognize one that essentially bailed on him. I think Terra made more of an impression on him than Ven did.

And for Tinkerbell, who knows? Maybe she did recognize him. Might have just assumed he was another Lost Boy wandering around Neverland. Not like we'd know, though, considering she can't talk. It's probably why she trusted him in the first place, she thought he was Ven.

But for those who did forget, this isn't the same case as it was for Sora. Aqua very much knew who Ven was eleven years after (in the Dark Realm), so if anyone forgot, it was a natural process.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Okie doke.

That made me thinks, wouldn't Namine have discovered Ven's memories inside Sora?

According to Coded/Re:Coded there were memories buried to far into Sora's heart for even Namine to reach. All she new was the memories related to some people that needed his help. Whether or not they were acctualy Ven's memories or just Sora's memories of TAV has yet to be seen.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Or maybe, people didn't see enough of Ven. I mean, do you think that Tinkerbell might have remembered Ven? Because, she trusted Roxas to help her get to Hook's ship. But, who's to say that she wasn't reminded of Sora or maybe both?

Crystal

Silver Member
I'll throw a random theory out there and say that maybe, just maybe, people forgot Ven just like they did Sora when Namine disconnected everyone's Memories. As seen in Days, Ven's Memories did play a part enough to make Xion look like him to Xigbar, so I don't think it'd be a stretch to say that if people remembered Ven too, it'd be tricky to get Sora to wake up as well.

Wonder how badly Coded/Re:Coded debunks this.

Though it is a random theory, but it seem make sense

Stars

リク

I was thinking about this too...
But maybe is just like everyone said....because it has been long time..about 11 years they met Ven..so they have forget about him.
Smile theory seem to be right after all...

Last edited:
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
My only problem with the simply being forgotten theory is that not many people in the series wield a keyblade. Ie when Sora first rocks up with one at Olympus, would Phil not have had memories of the 3 keyblade wielders he met long ago, then when seeing Roxas he surely would have seen a connection. Though I'm sure in a place that draws an array of characters with drastically varying weapons such as Olympus, I guess it could be overlooked. I think tinkerbell initially trusted Roxas because of his similarity to Ven and probably Sora, she flew around him in the same way didn't she.
Also, why didn't Ven's heart react when Sora entered Castle Oblivion? Seems if his dormant body was somehow able to make a path there, and be at least a slight bit concious of what was happening to it, it would have noticed the presence of his own heart entering the building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back