• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vanitas Return Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mog

Awards
We all know Vanitas was born when MX unlocked Vens heart and extracted pure darkness from Vens heart to create Vanitas.Because Ven defeated Vanitas,who was part of his heart,and the x-blade was destroyed,Ven lost his heart and was left in a comotose state,his wandering heart eventually took refuge in Sora.
But the question is,did MX extract ALL the darkness from Vens heart?If he did,I think Vanitas can't be brought back,but as long as there is darkness in Vens heart,MX will be able to unlock Vens heart and extract some more of the remaining darkness to reincarnate Vanitas...
I know Vens heart is in Soras,but if Sora gives it back to him,and Ven wakes up,Vens heart will still be connected to Sora because he used it to heal his own fractured heart at the start of BBS at Vens awakening.So if Vens heart is still connected to Sora,there will still be a dark part to his heart,and I think as long as there is a dark part to his heart,Vanitas can keep coming back,ergo Vanitas can only be gotten rid of by destroying the dark part of Vens heart - which is SORA.Ven and Sora may face off in KH3,who knows?Anyway,tell me your opinion of my Vanitas theory.Oh and Sora MUST be the dark part to Vens heart,if he wasn't,why is Sora identical to Vanitas.?

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
But the question is,did MX extract ALL the darkness from Vens heart?If he did,I think Vanitas can't be brought back,but as long as there is darkness in Vens heart,MX will be able to unlock Vens heart and extract some more of the remaining darkness to reincarnate Vanitas...
He did, otherwise Ven would not have had a heart of pure light, which is necessary to create the X-blade.

I know Vens heart is in Soras,but if Sora gives it back to him,and Ven wakes up,Vens heart will still be connected to Sora because he used it to heal his own fractured heart at the start of BBS at Vens awakening.So if Vens heart is still connected to Sora,there will still be a dark part to his heart,and I think as long as there is a dark part to his heart,Vanitas can keep coming back,ergo Vanitas can only be gotten rid of by destroying the dark part of Vens heart - which is SORA.
If Van could come back via Sora's darkness, he would not be that strong; Sora's darkness could only create a shadow heartless out of him.

Oh and Sora MUST be the dark part to Vens heart,if he wasn't,why is Sora identical to Vanitas.?
Van was created before Ven and Sora connected, he's Ven's darkness. Without that, he would not have existed.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
No, I think Vanitas WASN'T destroyed. He faded in the same balls of light that Sora did when he released Kairi's heart, and SORA survived. Therefore, VANITAS, to some extent, is very much alive.

Think back to what Riku said in COM. He said that he could never completely get rid of Xehanort's Heartless, which was the bulk of the darkness inside him. Thus, Ven won't be able to get rid of Vanitas so easily.

Besides, how POINTLESS would it be to introduce Vanitas simply as a plot device for putting Ven to sleep? That would be a HUGE waste of his character. He WILL come back.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
No, I think Vanitas WASN'T destroyed. He faded in the same balls of light that Sora did when he released Kairi's heart, and SORA survived. Therefore, VANITAS, to some extent, is very much alive.
Those are entirely different scenarios with entirely different things happening in them.

Think back to what Riku said in COM. He said that he could never completely get rid of Xehanort's Heartless, which was the bulk of the darkness inside him. Thus, Ven won't be able to get rid of Vanitas so easily.
It's a little different because Xehanort's Heartless -only- existed in his heart. Vanitas' existence was tied both to Ventus' Heart (where Ven defeated him), and the X-Blade (which Aqua destroyed). It's a bit different.
Not to mention, Riku eventually did rid XH of him completely.

Besides, how POINTLESS would it be to introduce Vanitas simply as a plot device for putting Ven to sleep?
Seeing as how it was an act that added a new antagonist to the game, as well as influenced many of the main events that followed (CO creation, Roxas, etc.) I would think it wasn't very pointless at all for them to introduce Vanitas simply as a plot device for BBS.

Mog

Awards
Yes,a heart of pure light and a heart of pure darkness-however Ven had a heart,but not a complete one.About half of his awakening station pillar was missing.Meaning he had half a heart of pure light,but the other half was missing.Sora filled in the other part with pure darkness.So maybe there is still darkness in Vens heart.Maybe this would explain his ying and yang style jacket lol.Van can't come back from soras darkness,because he was originally born from Ven,he is his unversed and negative emotions.And that last part,I don't agree.Vens awakening took place when Sora was born,4 or 5 years before BBS,when Xehanort took his darkness to make Vanitas,and then brought him to the paopu tree in destiny islands to rot.But Ven had no darkness before he connected with Sora,it was only when they connected at Soras birth that darkness was created in Vens heart.

Mog

Awards
No, he filled it with light. That's why the X-Blade was able to be made.
The X-Blade was created from a heart of pure darkness and a heart of pure light,so now you're saying that it can be created from 2 hearts of pure light?....

Nayru's Love

Awards
Yes,a heart of pure light and a heart of pure darkness-however Ven had a heart,but not a complete one.About half of his awakening station pillar was missing.Meaning he had half a heart of pure light,but the other half was missing.
Personally I think it symbolized how weak Ven's heart was after the split.

Van can't come back from soras darkness,because he was originally born from Ven,he is his unversed and negative emotions.
You lost me. Didn't you say that Ven's dark part was Sora...?

And that last part,I don't agree.Vens awakening took place when Sora was born,4 or 5 years before BBS,when Xehanort took his darkness to make Vanitas,and then brought him to the paopu tree in destiny islands to rot.But Ven had no darkness before he connected with Sora,it was only when they connected at Soras birth that darkness was created in Vens heart.
That doesn't change the fact that Van was created from Ven's (NOT Sora's) darkness.

Mog

Awards
Ok now I'm confused.Vanitas is Vens Unversed,his negative emotions,created from Soras heart by MX.It doesn't matter who he'll come back from,Sora Or Ven,because they both share each others light and darkness.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Ok now I'm confused.Vanitas is Vens Unversed,his negative emotions,created from Soras heart by MX.
Van's not an Unversed, he's the other half of Ven's heart (yes, dark half, but technically speaking he's not an Unversed). He originally had no connections to Sora whatsoever.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Van was created from Ven's Darkness, not Sora's.
But Sora did fill in the half of Ven's heart that needed Darkness to survive.
It doesn't matter whether or not the X-Blade needed a heart of pure light and one of pure darkness.
Sora still gave Ven Darkness, but when it was time for the X-Blade to be created, Sora's heart was excluded from the "fusion" and completely disconnected from Ven's heart because Ven's and Vanitas' heart became a complete heart, and Sora was not needed.
When Van was destroyed, Ven's heart was back to being just light, with the need for darkness, plus it was basically shattered because Vanitas was his heart when he was destroyed.
So Ven had to reconnect with Sora for darkness again, but this time he actually went into Sora's body because he need "extra" support from Sora to survive because of his heart being damaged.

So Vanitas probably looked like Ven for a couple minutes when he was created, and then like Sora when Sora filled that half of Ven's heart that needed Darkness.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Those are entirely different scenarios with entirely different things happening in them.

And yet they ended the same way.

It's a little different because Xehanort's Heartless -only- existed in his heart. Vanitas' existence was tied both to Ventus' Heart (where Ven defeated him), and the X-Blade (which Aqua destroyed). It's a bit different.
Not to mention, Riku eventually did rid XH of him completely.

Riku only got rid of XH because of Ansem's decoder. Up until that point, SOME amount of darkness was always in his heart, even before he took on XH's form.

I think MX was telling the truth: "Darkness CANNOT be destroyed." All hearts will have darkness in them, except for the princesses of heart. Ven will always have darkness. Vanitas might be substantially weaker now, but he's still there.

Seeing as how it was an act that added a new antagonist to the game, as well as influenced many of the main events that followed (CO creation, Roxas, etc.) I would think it wasn't very pointless at all for them to introduce Vanitas simply as a plot device for BBS.

He did influence a lot. But he could still be brought back.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Sora still gave Ven Darkness, but when it was time for the X-Blade to be created, Sora's heart was excluded from the "fusion" and completely disconnected from Ven's heart because Ven's and Vanitas' heart became a complete heart, and Sora was not needed.
Van's metaphysical form still looked like Sora, though, implying that he was still connected to him in some way.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I think MX was telling the truth: "Darkness CANNOT be destroyed." All hearts will have darkness in them, except for the princesses of heart. Ven will always have darkness. Vanitas might be substantially weaker now, but he's still there.

The whole point of Ven being connected to Sora is that he needs support because he doesn't have darkness and his heart was practically shattered. Those things happened because Vanitas was destroyed. Vanitas is gone as of now, and if he wasn't, the Unversed would be around too.

Sure, Darkness can't be destroyed. We know that. But the heart that was Vanitas is gone. The darkness in it probably just moved on to something else.

Van's metaphysical form still looked like Sora, though, implying that he was still connected to him in some way.

4 Years passed from the moment Sora connected to Ven the first time and when he disconnected from him the first time. Vanitas' face is covered that whole time. For all we know, as time passed he started to look like Sora more, and not right away.
It could work that same way when Ven disconnected with Sora. He might of slowly been becoming more like Ven, but he didn't have enough time.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
The X-Blade was created from a heart of pure darkness and a heart of pure light,so now you're saying that it can be created from 2 hearts of pure light?....
Uh, no. Ventus = Pure Light. Vanitas = Pure Dark.

Ok now I'm confused.Vanitas is Vens Unversed,his negative emotions,created from Soras heart by MX.It doesn't matter who he'll come back from,Sora Or Ven,because they both share each others light and darkness.
Vanitas is not an Unversed.

And yet they ended the same way.
Just because something ends in sparkles doesn't mean it is the same thing.

Riku only got rid of XH because of Ansem's decoder. Up until that point, SOME amount of darkness was always in his heart, even before he took on XH's form.
I'm well aware.

Unless of course Ven simply reconnects his heart with Sora, and fills it with light. Then he will have an existence similar to the PoH, without Vanitas existing in the world.

He did influence a lot. But he could still be brought back.
It's KH. ANYONE could be brought back, but that doesn't mean they will.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I doubt Vanitas will show up again. Maybe he might but if he did I don't see why. Vanitas's sole existence in KH was for MX to use him as half of the materials for the X-Blade other than that everything else doesn't matter. Sure he was the destroyed part of Ventus's heart but that just it he was destroyed. By making Vanitas, in other words Ventus's darkness made real, then that left Vanitas with an incredible vulnerability, being able to be killed. Vanitas being a heart of pure darkness became his own person, so suffered his own death. Ven no longer has darkness in his heart and since he wasn't meant to be that way he is a fractured heart that needs to be supported. Wonders how Sora's gonna pull bringing Ven back off.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wonders how Sora's gonna pull bringing Ven back off.

With Aqua's help of course, since she's the only person who can find Ven in the Chamber of Repose, and being a Keyblade Master, has the ability to extract hearts.

Ok now I'm confused.Vanitas is Vens Unversed,his negative emotions,created from Soras heart by MX.

Vanitas is not an Unversed. He is the dark half of Ven's heart. He was born before Sora was even involved in this whole mess.

It doesn't matter who he'll come back from,Sora Or Ven,because they both share each others light and darkness

No...they each have their own heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back