Unpopular Gaming Opinions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Perkilator

Awards
The next Smash game (if there is one, because Sakurai should at least take a break first) should focus more on quality then quantity with its roster, and focus more on other content like new stages, modes, etc.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
  • Anguis Union
  • News Hound
SSBU's roster is too damn big. I spend like a minute just trying to find the character I want on the select screen. Not helped by how everything shuffles & resizes with each new unlock/DLC. some characters I tend to forget are even in this game becuse there's so many to keep track of. *coughGreninjacough*

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
  • You've Got A Friend In Me
Pokemon Sword and Shield are much better than critics are saying it is, and personally the most fun I've had playing a Pokemon game since Black/White. National Dex and old Pokemon aren't necessary to enjoy a Pokemon game.

Also Charizard is overrated by the entire freakin' fanbase. Seriously, I'd want him scrapped if it meant I could get any other single Pokemon of my choosing to replace him.

Dast

Awards
National Dex and old Pokemon aren't necessary to enjoy a Pokemon game.
I totally agree and would add that for some people, like me, the National Dex has made the games less appealing.

I didn't play main Pokémon game after Crystal for various reasons but partly because that I knew that to have every Pokémon I would have to trade between so many games and use storage systems and that doesn't sound fun to me and it also sounds potentially expensive to actually complete the Pokédex.

Last year I did pick up Ultra Moon and I enjoyed it but I knew I never would have every Pokémon and so
didn't feel so strongly motivated to even catch all the Pokémon I could in the game and so didn't enjoy it as much as I could have.

And I really liked how in Pokémon Let's Go I actually could complete the Pokédex (save Mew) quite simply with just Pokémon Go. I personally am glad they limited the Pokédex to just Pokémon you can actually obtain in the two games for Sword and Shield. For me, that's more in the spirit of 'Gotta catch 'em all' than moving hundreds of Pokémon between various platforms.

Perkilator

Awards
Real talk, I never understood why both of Capcom’s Capcom vs. SNK games limited their rosters to characters from Street Fighter and King Of Fighters. We could‘ve has the same level of franchise diversity that even Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite had with Capcom side of the roster that it shamelessly copy-and-pasted. We could’ve had characters like:

-Mega Man
-Jill Valentine
-Captain Commando
-Strider Hiryu
-Edward Falcon

going up against characters like:

-Rock Howard
-Marco Rossi
-Galford

and several more.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
  • Unicornis Union
I totally agree and would add that for some people, like me, the National Dex has made the games less appealing.

I didn't play main Pokémon game after Crystal for various reasons but partly because that I knew that to have every Pokémon I would have to trade between so many games and use storage systems and that doesn't sound fun to me and it also sounds potentially expensive to actually complete the Pokédex.

Last year I did pick up Ultra Moon and I enjoyed it but I knew I never would have every Pokémon and so
didn't feel so strongly motivated to even catch all the Pokémon I could in the game and so didn't enjoy it as much as I could have.

And I really liked how in Pokémon Let's Go I actually could complete the Pokédex (save Mew) quite simply with just Pokémon Go. I personally am glad they limited the Pokédex to just Pokémon you can actually obtain in the two games for Sword and Shield. For me, that's more in the spirit of 'Gotta catch 'em all' than moving hundreds of Pokémon between various platforms.
The Pokedex in Sun/Moon and Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon is completed in the same fashion as Sword/Shield, though. In S/M/US/UM there is no National Pokedex, there is only a Regional Pokedex to complete. But all Pokemon can still be transferred to the games. That's not true of Sword/Shield, and I can't really see how that benefits you or anyone versus the S/M/US/UM way, TBH. It just means that a lot of us had our favorite Pokemon removed.