• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ummmm.. Axel Roxas? Whats Your Opinion o.O?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
AW MANNNNN .-. Smile said everything already. Anywhooooo~ I can't see there being much AkuRoku now after playing Days, especially after that second-to-last interaction that Roxas had with Axel.
Wasn't part of the reason Roxas left the Organization because Axel wouldn't be honest with him? o__0; Since it was Roxas talked to him, Roxas get TICKED, and then he said 'SCREW THIS.', cueing ruuuuuunning through the castle.
I can see them having a big brother/little brother friendship, since it said that Roxas looks up to Axel. The manga makes things worse, too, with Roxas thanking Axel for being his mentor. xD; Past that, though... Yeahhhhh. If Nomura says that they can be more than just friends, then WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT. D: But the 'more than just friends' doesn't seem that canon anymore, since Axel doesn't have a senseless obsession with Roxas. Kinda seems like a bit of deja vu with Axel and Xion. (Axel'll always bring her back? Same goes for Roxas? P: *spoilerspoilerdoesntrememberherspoilerspoiler*, but it still seems like the same sort of thing...)

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
But from what i know the translations are done without change in dialouge, no?

I don't know whether it's watered down or not... but the dialogue isn't the same. Like, "who will I have ice cream with?" which was originally, "let's eat ice cream again, the three of us!" Changes it from, "the three of us are all friends" to "with you gone, I have no friends!". D:

Dogenzaka said:
Yes, and it is the general opinion among the Kingdom Hearts knowledgeable that the fangirls who think there is some sort of romantic relationship between Axel and Roxas, and furthermore after 358/2, are balls on the wall insane.

And that's the reason I feel like leaving the forums altogether sometimes, and the reason I start wondering whether I should stop translating interviews, cutscenes, novels and coded. I must be balls on the wall insane, to waste so much time doing things for people who don't respect me.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
how has dogenzaka not been banned by now lol.

You'd think that, with me having almost 20,000 more posts than you over 4 years of being on this forum, I'd know what constitutes a ban more than you.

I'm declaring my opinion on the matter similar to what some of you are doing.
Hence, the title of the thread.

Anywhooooo~ I can't see there being much AkuRoku now after playing Days, especially after that second-to-last interaction that Roxas had with Axel.

I can't even see it from Axel's side anymore since
1) The obsession finally had an explanation :p both for Roxas himself as well as everything Xion dumped on them.
2) AkuShi ouo nuff said.
3) AkuSaix XD~

^ This.

And that's the reason I feel like leaving the forums altogether sometimes, and the reason I start wondering whether I should stop translating interviews, cutscenes, novels and coded.

Having worked for the community before, let me give you some real-world advice.

What you do here will give you absolutely nothing in return.
Most importantly, you are a username. You are entirely replaceable.
What you do here should be out of the volition of your own will and kindness, expecting no reward.
Because nobody can give you any reward. No one here is paid, you know.
Nobody in the real world cares much about how much you've translated gushy second-party novels, etc.
If you are expecting anything out of your work for the community, you are doing it for the wrong reasons in the first place, and will be sorely disappointed.
And if you're using your work as a guilt-trippy "threat", then by all means you clearly have the wrong will about it.
It doesn't matter if you're respected, what opinion people have of you, whatever. None of that is important, nor should it affect your will to do what you like or don't like at all.
If you happen to care what the anti-AkuRoku people think about you, I'd dread to think what would happen to you if you were exposed to *gasp* the overwhelming number of people in the world who think Kingdom Hearts as a whole is a babied, simplistic, substance-lacking RPG for newbs.

Last edited:

xTsukasa

You'd think that, with me having almost 20,000 more posts than you over 4 years of being on this forum, I'd know what constitutes a ban more than you.

I'm declaring my opinion on the matter similar to what some of you are doing.
Hence, the title of the thread.

^ This.

Having worked for the community before, let me give you some real-world advice.

What you do here will give you absolutely nothing in return.
Most importantly, you are a username. You are entirely replaceable.
What you do here should be out of the volition of your own will and kindness, expecting no reward.
Because nobody can give you any reward. No one here is paid, you know.
Nobody in the real world cares much about how much you've translated gushy second-party novels, etc.
If you are expecting anything out of your work for the community, you are doing it for the wrong reasons in the first place, and will be sorely disappointed.
And if you're using your work as a guilt-trippy "threat", then by all means you clearly have the wrong will about it.
It doesn't matter if you're respected, what opinion people have of you, whatever. None of that is important, nor should it affect your will to do what you like or don't like at all.
If you happen to care what the anti-AkuRoku people think about you, I'd dread to think what would happen to you if you were exposed to *gasp* the overwhelming number of people in the world who think Kingdom Hearts as a whole is a babied, simplistic, substance-lacking RPG for newbs.

lols this guy takes things waaay too seriously. i wonder how he handles real life situations.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I'd hardly say they laid it on thick. Especially at the end of the game, they kind of made it painfully obvious Roxas doesn't really think too highly of Axel >w>;;; if anything it's one sided.

I... don't think that's what they were going for. Lashing out at a friend doesn't necessarily mean you're not still friends with them. Roxas' idea of getting his life back includes Axel - he just doesn't trust Axel to give him the answers he's looking for (which is pretty reasonable, considering everything).

358/2 Days might have done a fair amount to sink AkuRoku, but I don't think it did quite so much to sink their friendship as you're suggesting.

Whether or not you take it that extra step forward is up to you and what you want to write in your fanfic.

Remember what Axel said? There are no "steps." ;)

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I... don't think that's what they were going for. Lashing out at a friend doesn't necessarily mean you're not still friends with them. Roxas' idea of getting his life back includes Axel - he just doesn't trust Axel to give him the answers he's looking for (which is pretty reasonable, considering everything).

358/2 Days might have done a fair amount to sink AkuRoku, but I don't think it did quite so much to sink their friendship as you're suggesting.

It goes deeper than that. He lashed out at him quite a few times in the game, for things I found to be unreasonable. When even Xion came to Roxas and blinked at him being THAT upset over Axel using violence to -gasp- bring her back, when she was the one that drew the Keyblade first at Roxas, I call Roxas a person who has no idea what's going on around him and his accusations towards Axel unbased. Even when he yelled at him about how they were friends, it was as though to milk out the answers out of him, and when he did get the answers he was upset because he thought Axel was attacking Xion again. The kid might've been clueless and blank and unknowing, but that doesn't change the impression that he doesn't hold much from Axel anymore. Even the WINNER stick he left for Axel is just like what Axel said - final. He wasn't expecting Roxas back, and I don't think Roxas was planning to come back, not to Axel alone.
If he was to come back to Axel, chances are it was because Xion kept mentioning them as a threesome, saying it's just not the same without all three of them, rather than something Roxas himself felt up to.
Axel, after all, according to Roxas - wouldn't have missed him, so why should he be planning on coming back - unless it was for Xion's final words about being happy to have met BOTH of them?

It was actually worse than KH2 was for AkuRoku for me. In KH2 I thought they just didn't bother to put in that Roxas cared. Now they did bother to show in a way that he did NOT care (relatively speaking for Nobodies of course, regardless of Roxas being able to feel or not at the moment).

Remember what Axel said? There are no "steps." ;)

Axel also said he never really found love before. So I guess he wouldn't really know. Even him setting friends and lovers apart isn't really too true, seeing how a good relationship is established on what a good friendship is.

Furtive.Shadow

whoof! i feel a little late now.

in your display pic it shows zexions book as "book of doom". are you sure he just doesnt have a deathnote?

lawls, yes, sometimes i do believe that. but then again, if it was a death note, it would make his job a HELL of a lot easier.

I never bought into the whole axel/roxas thing because I never saw it. I guess it's because I'm not immature. :\

yeah, well, i am. and i'm not afraid to admit it, because anyone who sees any of my posts can come to the conclusion that under my mature outer shell is the little 5-year-old that thinks two guys having ice cream together means they're gay for each other. :3

Ikkin

Bronze Member
It goes deeper than that. He lashed out at him quite a few times in the game, for things I found to be unreasonable. When even Xion came to Roxas and blinked at him being THAT upset over Axel using violence to -gasp- bring her back, when she was the one that drew the Keyblade first at Roxas, I call Roxas a person who has no idea what's going on around him and his accusations towards Axel unbased. Even when he yelled at him about how they were friends, it was as though to milk out the answers out of him, and when he did get the answers he was upset because he thought Axel was attacking Xion again. The kid might've been clueless and blank and unknowing, but that doesn't change the impression that he doesn't hold much from Axel anymore. Even the WINNER stick he left for Axel is just like what Axel said - final. He wasn't expecting Roxas back, and I don't think Roxas was planning to come back, not to Axel alone.
If he was to come back to Axel, chances are it was because Xion kept mentioning them as a threesome, saying it's just not the same without all three of them, rather than something Roxas himself felt up to.
Axel, after all, according to Roxas - wouldn't have missed him, so why should he be planning on coming back - unless it was for Xion's final words about being happy to have met BOTH of them?

It was actually worse than KH2 was for AkuRoku for me. In KH2 I thought they just didn't bother to put in that Roxas cared. Now they did bother to show in a way that he did NOT care (relatively speaking for Nobodies of course, regardless of Roxas being able to feel or not at the moment).

Well, yeah, it [i]was[/i] unreasonable. But it's not really Roxas' fault - he simply doesn't have the experience to understand what's really going on. Both Axel and Xion - as well as the player - know that, if Axel hadn't taken the extreme measures he did, Xion would have taken off and ended up being in even greater danger. But Roxas [i]doesn't[/i] know that - he thinks friends don't hurt each other, ever.

In my opinion, Roxas wants his time with Axel back just as much as he wants his time with Xion back. He just doesn't realize that Axel wants the same thing - all he can see is that Axel is being dishonest with him (and thinks that means Axel doesn't care). Plus, the only method Roxas has ever been shown for patching things up with his friends is waiting for them to come back to him.

The real issue is, Kingdom Hearts is about friendship - but it's not necessarily an idealized version of it. Nomura strongly believes that pain is an important aspect of friendship relationships, and is interested in exploring that. He's perfectly willing to let his characters who are friends hurt each other a lot, or go through phases where they seem like they don't care - and that's what happened with Axel and Roxas, except that Riku ensured they never really had a chance to resolve that.

Axel also said he never really found love before. So I guess he wouldn't really know. Even him setting friends and lovers apart isn't really too true, seeing how a good relationship is established on what a good friendship is.

The point of that seems to be more that lover isn't the next logical step up from best friend, not that friendship and love aren't related. Friendship can become infinitely strong without necessarily turning into love - and love can sometimes be weaker than a really strong friendship.

xTsukasa

NO ROXASXAXEL K

RoxasXNamine

NO person in any kh is gay got it

have a nice day!

In all honesty i never saw any RoxasXNamine, nor have i ever really noticed any of the "romantic" relationships. The only semi evident one is Kairi and sora really. Also i think it is funny that Days made me think there possibly could be akuroku while it seems it deffered the idea for most people. Also im wondering what part of the world most of these users are from. I mean alot of people argue based on facts, but alot of people most likely argue against the idea due to homophobic mindsets no? i Mean if youre form the southern states etc, then obviously even if KH was more bluntly homo-erotic, i doubt they would admit it was. Or they woudlnt play the game at all.

Last edited:

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Well, yeah, it [i]was[/i] unreasonable. But it's not really Roxas' fault - he simply doesn't have the experience to understand what's really going on. Both Axel and Xion - as well as the player - know that, if Axel hadn't taken the extreme measures he did, Xion would have taken off and ended up being in even greater danger. But Roxas [i]doesn't[/i] know that - he thinks friends don't hurt each other, ever.

In my opinion, Roxas wants his time with Axel back just as much as he wants his time with Xion back. He just doesn't realize that Axel wants the same thing - all he can see is that Axel is being dishonest with him (and thinks that means Axel doesn't care). Plus, the only method Roxas has ever been shown for patching things up with his friends is waiting for them to come back to him.

The real issue is, Kingdom Hearts is about friendship - but it's not necessarily an idealized version of it. Nomura strongly believes that pain is an important aspect of friendship relationships, and is interested in exploring that. He's perfectly willing to let his characters who are friends hurt each other a lot, or go through phases where they seem like they don't care - and that's what happened with Axel and Roxas, except that Riku ensured they never really had a chance to resolve that.

I agree. In fact, this actually makes the [B]KH2: FM+[/B] scene about them in the clock tower even more poignant (I do believe Roxas remembers by that point, not sure on Xion's existence). Now instead of being a simple last goodbye, it's also to show that they manage to hold no grudges, and actually went back to eating ice cream clean and free of all past misdeeds and misunderstandings. In other words, this was them patching things up, even without them addressing the problems. It was already water under the bridge, and they moved above that, like friends should. No, you did this, and you did that. It was just forgotten about, and it wasn't a hindrance any longer between the two. Roxas isn't mad at him anymore for him being dishonest, and they spent one last moment together before they went their separate ways: with the promise to meet again.

So I definitely think this was a step to them resolving it. If not, already resolved.

And it's very boyish. One day they fight each other raw, and the next, they're back to best buds again or something >.>.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

The thing is he's overly judgemental towards Axel and all but blind towards Xion. If the girl takes off time after time maybe she doesn't really want to stay there as much as he'd like her to. So once he's pissed off Axel brought her back and the next he's pissed off he let her go? Like I said I can see where he's coming from that doesn't mean I like it nor think it reflects too well on his friendship with Axel.

And for someone who was waiting for his friends to come back to him, he certainly didn't really give Axel that chance when he just took off, unless he was being the most insincere one of them all in which case bleh at him. Bleh.

And I know Nomura's friends hurt each other. Sora and Riku do it often enough through the series. I just can't see the part, despite Riku - where Roxas even tried too hard or at all. It's nice that when Axel died Roxas threw a fit, but that's all he does - throw fits like a big baby, when it's far too little, far too late.

The point of that seems to be more that lover isn't the next logical step up from best friend, not that friendship and love aren't related. Friendship can become infinitely strong without necessarily turning into love - and love can sometimes be weaker than a really strong friendship.

I'll leave it at you took my phrasing of it too seriously, hope you got what I meant and move on.

And it's very boyish. One day they fight each other raw, and the next, they're back to best buds again or something >.>.

That would apply to Roxas, seeing how he's the only one really boyish here, and when you keep in mind who's supposed to be his best friend, that might not be the best approach to take with him. A rather reoccuring theme with Axel is that he's kind of sick and tired of all the shit Xion and Roxas keep pulling at him, as adorable as you might find it.

MasterLukeS

Nothing is going on between Axel and Roxas, they just have a best-friends relationship. Yes, they do act weird sometimes but nothing that would imply anything more than just being friends. At least, thats my opinion from playing through the game.

BTW, Hi all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back