• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► Ultimate Spider-Man

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Yeah, gonna get some bad heat for this, but I didn't really like Spectacular Spider-Man. This might be cause of the fact I grew up with 90s spider-man, but I just didn't enjoy SSM. However, I am enjoying Ultimate Spider-man. I can hardly tell it's Drake Bell as Pete. Makes me chuckle, as well.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Also as a Deadpool fan I love Pete's breaks of the fourth wall.
Spider-Man isn't Deadpool.

I'm watching the newest episode right now. I think this is the worst one yet. The found footage style in animation is just stupid. And the Hulk design is horrible.

The worst part is that with all the names attached - Brian Bendis, Paul Dini and the Man of Action team - this show should GREAT. But it's average at best.

I'm going to riot in the street if EMH is cancelled for an Ultimates cartoon.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Harry Osborn as Venom? That's already two versions of venom they have thrown into the show for no good reason. Likely because they think it's "cool." It's really not

This show sucks.... I don't know why I keep watching it. Maybe I'm holding out some hope that there may actually be a good episode. I need to stop watching it so that I do not add to the ratings of the show.

That said, I'm excited to see how Spider-Man is represented in The Avengers: EMH. That one episode of EMH will probably be better than this whole show.

Last edited:

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Spidey's gonna be on EMH? ASNADKNFAKNFADKSNFASKDNASD

*makes note to start watching show from beginning tomorrow*

Nukkuh! You shoulda been watching EMH years ago! =p

Yeah, he'll be in the show. Season one had a few cameos but season 2 has a lot more new characters and cameos. Guardians of the Galaxy, Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Heroes for Hire, X-Men, etc. Civil War is coming.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
On paper, Harry would make a pretty good Venom. He'd have proper motivation and intimate knowledge of Peter's personal life. But because comic fans are so much about tradition, myself included, yeah...it feels like it's a horrible idea.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
This show is so bad the rippers haven't even put it up to torrent yet, and they're usually pretty timely with the other shows.

If the season is 26 eps, then I'm giving it to 13 to get better. If it shows no signs I'm officially dropping the show. It's a waste of megabytes to keep downloading it.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Oh, this just keeps getting better and better. IGN did a piece on the EMH controversy, and another nugget was revealed: Josh Keaton actually auditioned for the role in Ultimate.

Maybe they just wanted to disassociate with Spectacular, but it still bugs me that they picked Bell over him. I don't even hate Bell, but...choosing him over Keaton?

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Sorry for the double post.

http://www.marveltvnews.com/2012/06...nd-did-he-just-mention-a-new-x-men-tv-series/

Marvel knows how much fans hate the show. They know, that they messed up when they could have brought both kids and adults fans together, instead of focusing on the children. Regardless of what their PR BS makes it sound, the reason Ultimate Spider-man has been renewed for a second season, is that the network ordered the second season WAY before the series debut. The publicity stunt Marvel pulled by stating the show has been renewed by popular demand, is just a strategy to try and tell fans that people like this show maybe you should give it a second chance.
- Ratings for the show are not good. He then gave me the following example: If you have 10 people watching a channel, then you introduce a new show, and instantly 200 are watching, but after 2 weeks the number goes down to 60 you still have bad ratings drop, yet its way better than the original 10 they had before the show. Agent X wants you to look at that statement carefully and you will know the “TRUE” meaning of Marvel ratings PR stunt.
- Chances are more than high that Ultimate Spider-man will conclude after season 2. There will be some minor changes to the show during its 2013 season (a bit less in your face humor, a tiny bit more drama, and less scripts from “man of action” while more from Bendis and Dini). If by chance, the fans embrace the show in its second season it will be renewed, otherwise a new Spider-man show will replace it. Early talk about a series in the same tone as the upcoming movie reboot have been discussed, but nothing more than just that: discussion. Agent X also still urges the fans to show their disapproval of the show, since Marvel is listening, although it takes months and years for the company to answer the cries.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I actually enjoy Ultimate Spider-Man for what it is, it doesn't try to be deep, it doesn't try to be a comic book show either, which I believe is why people dislike it. It's a lighthearted show that's full of Marvel characters that don't quite follow their comic book counterparts. Sure, it could be better, a lot better, but if you enjoy it for what it is rather than for what it could be, it's better that way.

Man of Action even said, they wanted to make it as if Spider-Man was just made yesterday, they were doing their own thing not Marvel's.

But no matter what, there's something wrong if you don't enjoy the Stan Lee skits.

Also, I sent XIII Heartless a Private Message about the show and he never got back to me.

And XIII, there were budget issues with Wolverine and The X-Men.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I just find that to be a terrible excuse. Enjoy it for what it is? You mean a mindless show aimed solely at children when Spider-Man has a whole adult base wanting to enjoy an animated show of his as well? Just no bruh. Marvel has shows like the super hero squad to do what this show is doing. The fact of the matter is Ultimate Spidey is a terrible show, and even Marvel knows it now. The general fan base isn't upset for no reason. A show can be humorous and available to children without being totally dumbed down. Look at Spectacular, Batman: TAS, The Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra, etc. So no bruh, that just doesn't do it.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
As XIII Heartless said,the problem with this showsis that Jeph Loeb does not understand how animation works.

He thinks animation should just be for kids.

Some shows like Batman the animated series, the legend of Korra, and the aninimanics are accessible for kids, but Adults can enjoy them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back