• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► Ultimate Spider-Man

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Time Warner should take over all future Marvel animations.

If only......

Anyway, I'm pretty much done with Marvel animations. I have lost all faith in them now.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
I thought the Harry being Venom thing was kind of cool, sometimes the animated series are where some revolutionary ideas can come from for a comic book character canon. Batman TAS obviously did that with Harley Quinn and I'm sure the animated Spider-man from the 90's put some work in that department.

Problem is that the series won't take itself seriously enough to make a point of something cool and original, or be remembered for it.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Ultimate Spider-Man Feature: Steve Blum on Voicing Wolverine Again - Comic Vine

Interview with Steve Blum about voicing Wolverine in the newest Ultimate Spider-man episode, and also shows some clips.

Something's wrong here, I mean I actually laughed at some of those clips. And this Wolverine is actually acting like a proper adaption of the Ultimate Wolverine. What's going on here?!

.....I'm cautiously skeptical as of right now.

I remember that story from the comics. It was good for a laugh.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Hold up for a minute. Is this the storyline for Spider-Man and Wolverine?

matrix8140

Fist of The North Star(Freedom)
:> I've been supporting the show before it was cool.

*Hipster Mode On*

Srsly tho. It has it's moments, not many for me, where I really like it.

<.< Tho...I just wish it was better overall.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
:> I've been supporting the show before it was cool.

*Hipster Mode On*

Srsly tho. It has it's moments, not many for me, where I really like it.

<.< Tho...I just wish it was better overall.

It's too late now but we could have used that support with Earth's Mightiest Heroes! D;

They haven't. I'll see the episode to see what the deal is, but my feelings for the show haven't changed. Unless it changes drastically, my feelings won't either.

My disdain for them at the moment will not even allow me to check this one episode out despite the VA's little exposé on it.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Ya know, if you guys don't like it, how about don't discuss how much you dislike it in the thread and leave us to discuss? Just an idea.

Steven Blum Wolverine is appearing? Hell yeah.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Ya know, if you guys don't like it, how about don't discuss how much you dislike it in the thread and leave us to discuss? Just an idea.

AMURRRICUH! KUPO! YEAH!

Steven Blum Wolverine is appearing? Hell yeah.

He voices Wolverine in EMH too. Along with Beta Ray Bill and Red Skull. <.<

In Ultimate Spider-Man he also does the voice of Deadpool. Yeah.... they're throwing Deadpool in there too. -.-

Why would they need to fool someone when it's already a good show to begin with?

While ultimately it is an opinion that I can not tell you that you are wrong about; The general consensus within the geek community and even those outside, is that this show sucks some monster bawls.

That said, what do you think makes this show good? Also, how do you feel about other shows like Young Justice and The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes?

Last edited:

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
I've realized something. Spectacular Spider-Man was going to become darker and more mature in the third season. Avengers: EMH was becoming more mature with each passing episode in season 2 and probably would've gotten even more mature and darker in the third season.

Have we forgotten what channel those two shows came on? I know the "official stories" are that Spectacular Spider-Man had production issues and Avengers: EMH wasn't "self-contained" enough for Jeph Loeb. But, to quote an awesome, albeit fictional, character:

"Only an idiot believes the official story."

Also, I'm not sure if I want to give Ultimate Spider-Man a second chance in the second season unless it starts getting amazing reviews.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I've realized something. Spectacular Spider-Man was going to become darker and more mature in the third season. Avengers: EMH was becoming more mature with each passing episode in season 2 and probably would've gotten even more mature and darker in the third season.

Have we forgotten what channel those two shows came on? I know the "official stories" are that Spectacular Spider-Man had production issues and Avengers: EMH wasn't "self-contained" enough for Jeph Loeb. But, to quote an awesome, albeit fictional, character:

"Only an idiot believes the official story."

Also, I'm not sure if I want to give Ultimate Spider-Man a second chance in the second season unless it starts getting amazing reviews.

^ Freakin' Disney.

WB and DC have no problem going the dark and more mature route on their shows that are considered "kid shows." Not to mention having a captivating story that runs throughout the season(s). Older Marvel shows did the same that had good runs like X-Men Evolution and were also a bit darker and more mature. Can't see why Marvel shouldn't be able to do that still.

-.-

Last edited:

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
While ultimately it is an opinion that I can not tell you that you are wrong about; The general consensus within the geek community and even those outside, is that this show sucks some monster bawls.

That said, what do you think makes this show good? Also, how do you feel about other shows like Young Justice and The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes?

I think this show is fun and doesn't have to drop down to being dark to just be enjoyable. Every show desires to just be dark and think that's very overdone these days. It's like no one believes that a fun and enjoyable show can't be just that....fun. I've watched just about ever superhero cartoon to date and this one just rings a bell to me. Peter's more comical side takes more of a light but, he's still smart and learning like Nova aka Buckethead. It's a good show that doesn't need to take itself too seriously nor be dark an edgy to show that it's an enjoyable ride.

I'm a geek. I love DC and Marvel as I keep up with both...Marvel more so. Young Justice are great even with certain liberties taken, they never change the true nature of the characters from the comics. Not to mention the amazing plot that's going on. I was sad when Avengers left as I had the same amount of admiration for Avengers as I do Young Justice. I still wince to this day that Superboy can't fly nor use his tactile telekinesis...which they haven't explained.

WB and DC have no problem going the dark and more mature route on their shows that are considered "kid shows." Older Marvel shows that had good runs like X-Men Evolution were a bit darker and more mature. Can't see why Marvel shouldn't be able to do that still.

-.-

Lol I was gonna comment on this post but, my above post pretty much sums up what I wanted to say.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
^ You're right. It doesn't have to be dark to be enjoyable. I love shows that are smart, lighthearted, and fun. Still, I think Ultimate is almost a mockery. The writing sucks in my opinion, there is no direction with the story, and this might just be me but - Drake Bell's voice is annoying as heck. I think it's trying too hard and failing to appeal to any core audience be it kids or comic fans on the whole.

Anyway, nothing I can do about it. If you enjoy it, then enjoy it. As for me, even though Spider-Man has always been my favorite comic book character, I can not watch this show any more. I tried, I really did.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Fuck the haters, tonight's episode was great.

I also thoroughly commend Steven Blum on his performance as Peter Parker/Wolverine.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
I loved this week's show. Loved the X-men cameos and even my merc with a mouth got a small cameo! PUT HIM ON THE SHOW! MARVEL SCREWED US WITH NOT GETTING HIM IN X-MEN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back