• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► Ultimate Spider-Man

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
As one of MARVEL's most iconic characters, I wonder why they haven't made an animated film or allowed an anime for Spider-Man. There's Hulk vs., Ultimate Avengers 1 and 2, Dr. Strange, The Invincible Iron Man, Planet Hulk, and a few others - but no Spider-Man. Chances are this series will just get cancelled too. At least the story for a film would be complete. Does Sony own the rights to animated films as well??

Anyway, the previews of this show just aren't doing it for me. I have officially lost interest. I'll watch it.... but I doubt I'll like it. Hope I'm wrong:

Exclusive Preview of Ultimate Spider-Man | Movie & TV News | News | Marvel.com

You and the rest of us bruh. You and the rest of us.

Revive Spectacular. Best animated Spidey ever.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
^^Exactly. Many viewers sole expectation when they heard of this was "seeing as how it canceled Spectacular, it'd better blow our minds with its amazingness". This doesn't even look to approach the previous show in terms of quality, so it's already a failure. We'd have been better off just getting a third season.

Licensing/business ruins every fucking thing. *throws table*

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Yeah, honestly looks like crap. I keep seeing MARVEL fall lower and lower down the animation ladder. Although I'm more into MARVEL comics, it looks like if I'm watching anything this Spring/Summer, it will be the DC Nation showcase more than the MARVEL Universe. Hopefully The Avengers: EMH Season 2 is good at least. Season 1 turned out pretty good although I didn't exactly like the animation style.

I'll watch the pilot/first episode but if that doesn't capture my attention, I won't even try continue watching it. All the clips and previews I have seen do nothing for me. :/

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Oh god Peter looks like the guy from Ctrl+Alt+Del

I'm getting flashbacks of TAS -_____-

Not even TAS was that quick to jump the shark (the show's not even out yet, and we're seeing him fight Dr. Doom and Iron Man?), and at least it followed the events of the comic during the time. This...I'm not even sure what universe it wants to be in. It's clearly Ultimate Fury, but borrows the Iron Spider from Civil War (and doesn't even do it right). I dunno, I was excited at the prospect of Ultimate Spiderman doing for Marvel what Teen Titans did for DC. But it looks like it's gonna fall short, and kinda reminds me more of that short lived 3D Spider-Man cartoon that MTV tried.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
But it looks like it's gonna fall short, and kinda reminds me more of that short lived 3D Spider-Man cartoon that MTV tried.

lol the ending to that was so bitter

i was like "what the fuck, real?"

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Did anybody else catch the 2 premiere episodes this morning?

I kind of liked them. The show's not spectacular (in both senses of the word), but it's....hell, it's just ok so far. It's nowhere near the train-wreck I was imagining though. I loved seeing Luke Cage and Iron Fist (and even Nova since he made a brief appearance in the Ultimate Spidey comic) as kids.

I'm just not too sure of how serious a show we can get with Spidey frequently breaking the fourth wall like that. Seems too Deadpool-like, and way too kiddy for the material I want from the show. But I'll continue to watch, see what blooms forth from this.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I really liked this show. I don't know why you guys would think it'd be a train wreck what with all the big names attached to this.

It was fun and quirky and considering how must of you have grown up with anime, I would think you'd all love the little asides.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
It already aired? When did that happen? Ha! I missed it. Oh well. I'm sure they'll replay it sometime.

Edit: Actually just looked at my DirecTV schedule and I see it's coming on in about 15 mins. Is "Great Power" the pilot?

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
It already aired? When did that happen? Ha! I missed it. Oh well. I'm sure they'll replay it sometime.

Edit: Actually just looked at my DirecTV schedule and I see it's coming on in about 15 mins. Is "Great Power" the pilot?
As far as I know, it's on Sunday mornings on Disney XD as part of the Marvel Universe block. Premiered on the first with new episode of Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Great Power is the first episode, then the part two follow up is Great Responsibility.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
tumblr_m1p0mnNZwW1qid0xqo1_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back