• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► Ultimate Spider-Man

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Who's everyone? If anything, the first showdown with Venom was loads better than the final one. And as for the Shocker's origin changing, and what the mindbonkery of GG is supposed to be...all that matters is the execution. I don't doubt Goblin would've discovered Peter's identity soon anyways, and probably in the very next season the way Osborn went into hiding like at the end of season 2. And how does an engineer from Texas get to work in New York? Uhh....stranger things have happened bruh. If he's really an engineer/professional thief with a genius level IQ, it's not hard to imagine his name running in very important crime circles throughout the country. A million and one reasons could explain his being there, and not one of them would even be contrived.

And Peter's resilience. Yeah, because he just laid down and gave up when his friends thought he was bailing on them, when he couldn't help Aunt May pay the bills, when his work as Spidey caused him to lose his oldest friend Eddie, when New York thought him a thief, when the Sinister Six got out and was whooping his ass, when he confronted Tombstone and got his ass whooped but kept working to stop him, when he discovered he'd inadvertently killed his best friend's father etc etc.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Who's everyone? If anything, the first showdown with Venom was loads better than the final one. And as for the Shocker's origin changing, and what the mindbonkery of GG is supposed to be...all that matters is the execution. I don't doubt Goblin would've discovered Peter's identity soon anyways, and probably in the very next season the way Osborn went into hiding like at the end of season 2. And how does an engineer from Texas get to work in New York? Uhh....stranger things have happened bruh. If he's really an engineer/professional thief with a genius level IQ, it's not hard to imagine his name running in very important crime circles throughout the country. A million and one reasons could explain his being there, and not one of them would even be contrived.
Again, I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying it's wrong. It can't be the definitive version of Spidey because it's not what Spidey should be. It's like if they actually went through and made Peter black. It would be a cool alternative take, sure, but it can't be the definitive version because Peter Parker isn't black. It would mess up alot of peoples perception of Spider-Man whose first exposure to him would be through this show, then they'd read a comic and get mad because Peter's not black. That's what happened with John Stewart/Hal Jordan.

And Peter's resilience. Yeah, because he just laid down and gave up when his friends thought he was bailing on them, when he couldn't help Aunt May pay the bills, when his work as Spidey caused him to lose his oldest friend Eddie, when New York thought him a thief, when the Sinister Six got out and was whooping his ass, when he confronted Tombstone and got his ass whooped but kept working to stop him, when he discovered he'd inadvertently killed his best friend's father etc etc.

Sure those are hard times, but not one of those reach the level of anguish I'm talking about. Had they covered the death of Gwen Stacy or Kraven's Last Hunt, then I'd start to warm up to it. (and not helping aunt may with the bills is hardly traumatic)

DarkRiku-12

^^I think you mean Spider-Man: The Animated Series, no?

And quiteMAD, guess that's just your opinion then. But you should really try watching TAS again alongside Spectacular, and then tell me Spectacular wasn't the best Spidey. Don't let the nostalgia fool you.

I'm with MAD on this one. Believe me, I YouTube'd Spectacular a while back. It wasn't bad, but after about two episodes, I came running back to my old Spidey VHS tapes. <3 Spectacular Spidey wasn't in any way bad, but I guess TAS just burrowed it's way deep into my heart when I was 5.

DarkRiku-12

I guess in the end it just comes down to a matter of opinion. Hopefully Ultimate Spider-Man will combine the best features of both shows.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
AmRItUhCAAEQJpk.jpg

https://twitter.com/#!/StephenWacker/status/172342629181292544

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I don't know why you'd expect it to be long, but I agree about it not being very interesting.

I just…don't know. I like the animation style. But this feels too cartoony. It's the perfect inverse of Spectacular Spidey; more mature animation style, but more trivial in execution (like the words surrounding Spider-Man). I have no (major) complaints about the voice acting. I know I'll watch this regardless, and I'm still excited, so…just gotta wait and see.

And at this rate, the original Fury is going to be forgotten by the new generation; black Fury's completely taken over. I'm new to comic continuity, and even I don't like the sound of that.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Looks underwhelming to me. :c

I agree. I'll reserve judgement, but I'm beginning to think this won't be worth the cancellation of Spectacular, it's far too kiddy. Only the animation is an improvement. And I now have a problem with the voice-acting, especially for Peter. But I'll hold back on judging anything else.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
As one of MARVEL's most iconic characters, I wonder why they haven't made an animated film or allowed an anime for Spider-Man. There's Hulk vs., Ultimate Avengers 1 and 2, Dr. Strange, The Invincible Iron Man, Planet Hulk, and a few others - but no Spider-Man. Chances are this series will just get cancelled too. At least the story for a film would be complete. Does Sony own the rights to animated films as well??

Anyway, the previews of this show just aren't doing it for me. I have officially lost interest. I'll watch it.... but I doubt I'll like it. Hope I'm wrong:

Exclusive Preview of Ultimate Spider-Man | Movie & TV News | News | Marvel.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back