• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TRACES OF AFTERMATH [a kingdom hearts roleplay]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eventua

The Stygian Ferryman

"Well,"

His grin was cracked and his body felt twig-like as the blade rested on his throat.

"... aren't you all very interesting."

----

Radiant Garden

On and on they walked, and on and on James talked. Mogoni nodded along, her obvious attempt at hiding her discomfort soon changing to an overall more outgoing expression. She made a firm mental note of everything he said - no pen stealing, they wished they had a gummi ship, Jewel was grumpy, James was a puppy-

Mogoni scratched her head slightly as she made a note of that one. Curse you short attention span, now the context is gone!

"Is there anything you want to know about me? I'd be happy to answer any of your questions."

She bit her lower lip, shrugging slightly as she walked. Her brain tried to grab hold of a possible question, the obvious one - are you actually a dog that was turned into a human - feeling awkward and unfair in the wake of the moogle conversation. Thankfully, she was relieved of the conversation when Juliet piped up from the 'grown-up conversation'.

"She also thinks you ramble off in totally weird directions, James."

Before James could retaliate, the older girl dashed ahead of the group, straight into the marketplace. Spinning in a circle, she turned back to look at the others and said, "Okay, does anyone else need to do some shopping? And do you know where the herbal shop is, Gadele?"

The giant paused at her question, smirked, and then chuckled loudly. He pointed a surprisingly stubby right thumb towards the edge of the market, where a sign saying "Herb's Herbs (and other remedies)" in large letters rested above a small shop.

He turned back to Cyrus.

"If you like," he shrugged, "I noticed a large book store over there. We can take a look around it before we head off, if you want?"

Mogoni, meanwhile, was already pulling some sort of small round object out of her pocket. It glowed a faint, pale green and gave a soft hum as she pressed some keys on it.

"James, if ya want, I can show you around the Gummi ship-"

He'd gone. Her ears flared further as she looked around through the crowds, her eyes eventually settling on a... was that a duck, of all things? James was heading for it, so she followed behind quickly.

----

Jotin and the Captain

As the enforcers left him in what he assumed to be only one of many vast chambers, he slowly scratched his head.

The captain wants to see me? Or someone intelligent, anyw-

*kchink!*

He slowly, quietly turned around. The giantess was imposing indeed, a force at once both seductive and terrible. Arms and sword held to indicate her power over him - and, no doubt, the ship and its 'crew', for she was dressed in the garb of a pirate captain. He gulped very quietly, hid whole body quivering under his robes.

-her line here-

And her voice!

A tongue of the sweetest poison. This woman was not human, he was sure of it, no... she was more. Something far darker and more powerful, and oh how his whole body shook... but he had to focus

While I will one day become a Heartless, I would rather not have it happen just... yet.

So he breathed in deeply, and tried to clear his mind. One breath, two breath.

Focus. Calm.

The goggles still covering his face in all of this, he slowly reached up and removed them, smiling as his vision of the area became blurred. Not seeing her in full detail certainly helped, it had to be said. He raised his right arm in a great salute, twirling it in the air as he bowed to the ground with surprising flexibility.

"Salutations, from a humble pig. A most impressive ship - I don't believe I've ever seen a ship made from the fallen remains of dead Worlds before, it's so... delightfully macabre."

He slowly got to his feet, before turning his back on her.

"I wont come up with excuses, I'm afraid - normally I would, but you seem to be the sort to see through false names and ruses. To command a crew of Heartless numbering into the millions takes a perception of the Heart that's quite beyond most people, myself included. I was in Traverse Town, studying the Heartless there - for I am a researcher of Darkness, Heartless, and the wonders of their myriad forms and strains - when I was quite overcome with an almost intoxicating desire to see what would lie beyond such a great maelstrom."

He sighed, tapping his foot before slowly turning back towards her, cracked skin and cracked teeth seeming unearthly in the ship's gloom. He gave a gentle smile.

"Perhaps I should have predicted an intelligence, however. One with no particular need for me. Because you're not human, are you?"

He tapped his chest, and gestured back the way he'd come, his smile growing wider.

"You're more than a human. How exciting!"

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
-------------------------------------------------------

Gnostos' attention span seemed to pass much quickly than usually, the Nobody already boredly swinging back and forward as he waited on the rooftops for Tora and Alexandra to follow. While the thought of watching some kind of fun from the districts close by was what got him motivated in the first place, once the sound actually faded away was when the severe boredom of the location started to set in for him again.

He could hear the rustling of two large animals close behind him, and when the sound of jangling metal soon accompanied that it wasn't long that the now bored Nobody swung around to see his fellow members.

“Perhaps you should lead us, since I might draw to much attention to us before we find a good spot to hide.” Suggested Alexandra, the large Nobody making a further remark as she rustled the metal that made up her set of armour, the Masked Nobody tilting his head as he looked up towards the towering woman, especially once she mentioned a slight worry towards this 'Manipulator of Gravity'.

“If you say so. You're still more than a match for anyone, I'm sure you could just swat him out of the sky like a fly!” Said Gnostos, the Nobody giving off a laugh as he briefly pulled back the cloak of his, allowing the two to watch him grasp onto two of the six handles of his weapons around his waist.

With a shimmer of some kind of dark dust around his body it seemed there was more than one Gnostos for a moment, that same neutral mask of his blurring left to right giving the illusion of three when there was only one, and just as suddenly as it began the Nobody released his grip of the now two remaining weapons on his waist, two black blurs slinking off in different directions like swarms.

“There we go! I'm still interested in what's going on in those places!! Even if they sound pretty boring right now...” The clear sound of disappointment clinging to his tone as the Masked Nobody spoke, before his cheerful attitude came fully back again.

“But that big thing there looks like it was definitely fun!!” Mentioned the Nobody, pointing one of his marble fingers into the sky, where the sight of what looked like some kind of a ships anchor was quickly retracting back through the now closing vortex.

“Wowwee, I bet the Boss is going to like that when we tell him all about it! Don't you two think so?...Tora, helllloooo?!” Asked Gnostos, his head twisting as much as it could as he tried to see Tora's face, especially as she seemed so fixated. Leaping off the ground the Masked Nobody seemed to float through the air slowly, as if his entire body was being held by even the faint gusts of air blowing past the rooftops, the dark and much-too-long cloak of his trailing behind him as he soon hung upside down over Tora, his mask and dry blonde hair still staying in place even as he stared at the woman face to face.

--------------------------------------------------------

...Just like before...” Sleif sighed as he continued to stare dead-set on Derrick, time appearing to have slowed down and grow rather paler as he tried to communicate again with the darkness that had such a tight hold on the young man. And just like before, there was no response. He could sense what was the boy was in there, and as strong as it was earlier, but it was as if this darkness merely blocked that side out for now. It would have been a completely different thought, especially if there was nothing but emotions and darkness there to see, but right now Derrick was definitely able to come back. The only question was how long would it take...and would it come down to Sleif having to...

It was a little tug on one of his long coat sleeves, but the Captain knew immediately it was the young girl. His eyes instantly fading back to normal along with his own appearant perception of time, as he heard Rena begin to ask in regards to Derrick.

Just as he turned back a little, giving one of his big smiles at her, a sound quite familiar to Sleif came from Derrick's direction, the Captain instantly holding his arm out in front of Rena as his entire attitude changed, complete seriousness on his face as he watched Derrick approach the group through a pool of darkness.

The cloaked figure from the fight, the same one who had pulled Rena and Derrick from the then lifeless anchor, was quick to act this time as he had before, his gun aimed at the slowly advancing Derrick. An action that Rena was most definitely not in favour of. The two were quickly at each other, more like two arguing siblings than anything else, and through it all the Captain stood between them and Derrick. One arm still out to make sure, Rena more than any others, didn't run out and try anything in a hurry, while his other arm slowly slipped around his back and under his coat.

Soon Rena managed to convince Aoi that she could do something to get Derrick to calm down, the once hooded figure finally giving in with a huff as he lowered his weapon, and with that the young woman took a few careful steps forward, one more than where Sleif stood.

"H-Hey, Derrick!” She said, her big, bright, grin trying its best to cover her face, though the nerves were still there, even if she was doing her best to hide them.

“Its'okay! We're not gonna hurt ya! W-We're gonna help ya get back to normal, okay?" Rena soon added, the girl looking back towards Aoi and then Sleif, the Captain giving a smile and an agreeing nod back.

“That's right. In fact we've got the best people possible who can help you out, Derrick. You've just got to trust us.”

-------------------------------------------------------------

The two long shadows swiftly passed along the rooftops, the faint light coming from the sky just enough to reveal their vague, blank, shapes as they moved along the ground as if gliding just above it. One of the two arrived to its location first, the once long, flat, shape soon rising enough to reveal another part of its form, that of two long arms, their fingers clutching the edge of the last rooftop as it raised its solid dark face and watched silently the goings-on of the large group, with solid purple eyes.

At this same time, the second of the pair had continued onwards, weightlessly moving from building to building via the roofs before, just as silently and quickly, darting down between the tight alleyways, the whole time clinging to the walls like it was solid ground.

"R-Cannon," At the sound of voices however, the shadow stopped. While there was a sound of something like that of a small explosion, quickly followed by a clattering of metal hitting something hard, it was only when silence returned that the thing began to move again.

It's claws/fingers digging into the corner of the building, the shadow angled its head enough to watch from the safety of the darkness, its purple spheres now able to watch the sight of three new figures.

"Is any medical assistance needed," Asked the tallest of the three, the long blue-haired woman already making her way towards the two boys.

"I am fine, but it wouldn't hurt to scan the kid real quick," Replied the older of the two, the shield-like weapon of his soon disappearing in a green mist, which was soon followed by the woman causing the large cannon that was in place of an arm to suddenly become just that.

"Scans show no wounds the child is at top physical standards permitted by Aeronaut Society medical regulations. Shall I set a perimeter?" She soon asked after simply staring towards the youngest and smallest of the three, the shadow figure having noticed something like a small glimmer in her eyes as she seemed to examine the boy up and down.

"Negative we should find Captain Sleif first... kid have you happened to see a rather unusually tall male with a massive broadsword?" Asked the older of the two boys, the mentioning of a 'Captain' instantly causing the shadow figure to clutch into the brick tighter as it listened and watched.

Last edited:

Ruby Rose

A researcher of the darkness? The trespasser's profession didn't seem to pique her interest. The enigma went to prattle on with his so called 'introduction', sugar-coating his words, hoping that she would listen what he has to say. But the captain didn't looked like she was. She snapped her bone claws and lit a cigar, hoping that a smoke would help her calm her nerves. Until...

"Perhaps I should have predicted an intelligence, however. One with no particular need for me. Because you're not human, are you?"

The captain's brow raised as she sipped through the tobacco.

"You're more than a human. How exciting!"

As she sipped more, cigar ash fell from the burnt end of her cigar. She opened her eyes and with a blinding speed, she kicked the blade that she was holding and summoned another. She both sent the blades flying towards the trespasser's direction, then just before the blades could pierce his fragile frame, the captain stopped the blades by just an inch. The clicking of her heels to the flat surface as she approached the trespasser slowly, as her features came into view by the faint rays of the twilit warp.

"Listen well... There are many things I cannot stand in this eternal lifetime. One of them is stowaways on my ship and the other is pigs who compare me to someone at your level. Now, I suggest you keep that tongue inside where your mouth is so blades won't mutilate it."

Her face and body covered in terrible scars upon her porcelain lavender skin, the moving bone armor and embroidery from her coat, and that malevolent high-browed glare from her cold blue eyes.

"Look at me..."

The captain puffed a smoke from her cigar as she close her distance from the trespasser.

"Darkness... I couldn't think of any other word more feared by pigs. It does have a... nice ring to it..."

The captain took out the cigar of her mouth and watched as it re-grew from the burnt end.

"However... without strength nor oversight for the given ramifications. Huh, well... the pursuit of knowledge you refer smells pretty rotten to me. The stench of pathetic desperation."

Stated the captain, her voice although calm and soothing to the ears, it's unsettling to the ears. One can't deny the sadistic tinge apparent to it, as if death itself is talking to you, holding both your physical and mental state on a limbo. The captain then turned her back to the trespasser, with the living bone armor of her coat now glaring at him.

"In the grand scheme of things, lives are insignificant. They're light as air, much like a feather."

She then held up her hand and opened her palm, summoning the black heart the Clatterjacks acquired from the remains of the Guard Armor back in Traverse Town. Observing the item somehow gave her a slight comfort. She then willed the floating bone blades to lower. The blades then flew back towards her and the living bone armor on her coat caught both blades, much like the armor itself is the sheathe for it.

"Well... since I accomplished something today, I'm in a- generous mood for now. I suppose I could entertain a pig with some cheap parlor trick."

The captain then smashed the black heart as she clenched her fist. A massive volume of black liquid poured out of the item and began crawling before her. The puddle of liquid then rose from the surface and then reverted back to its original form, the Guard Armor heartless. But this Heartless was so terribly mangled, its armor broken and black mass forming from its broken bits. Its eyes are glowing red, and twitching with extreme agitation, the Heartless itself is depraved of hearts and the result of its separation from the heartless hive-mind. If an emblem heartless is at this state, it will and will attack anything that is in front of it, friend or foe. And it just so happen that the captain herself was before it.

The berserk heartless bellowed and sets its eyes to attack the Captain. She in return, just gave the depraved heartless, a deadpan smirk whilst sipping on her cigar.

Aphex

.Inspire.
The urge to kill was beginning to grow the more the Heartless drew closer to the group, claws ready to do their worst. Yet the boy ended up stopping in his tracks upon setting his eyes on the gun now held in Aoi's hand. It was pointed right at him, only making the Heartless even more hostile than he already was.

"Ha, told ya we should've killed him already!"

A tiny argument ensued, Derrick watching as Rena ended up stopping Aoi from pulling the trigger. Though he was confused at first, the Heartless picked up the pace while the two went at it as he saw this as an opportunity to catch them off guard. But of course, another interruption occurred.

"H-Hey, Derrick! ts'okay! We're not gonna hurt ya! W-We're gonna help ya get back to normal, okay?"

Rena attempted to try and talk it out with the Heartless which of course, despite her efforts at being confident, didn't really do much. Even that Sleif guy chimed in on this.

“That's right. In fact we've got the best people possible who can help you out, Derrick. You've just got to trust us.”

Screw it. He had no time to talk, Derrick just wanted to get rid of them once and for all. Claw now raising above his head, he swiped forward and aimed straight for Rena! But something else ended up getting in the way, stopping him from laying a finger on her.

"Stop!" shouted the tiny creature, its forehead ramming right into the boy's stomach which caused him to stagger back and away from the girl. Gigimon stumbled a bit, slightly dazed by his own attack before shaking it off. He hopped and looked up at Rena, his ears perking up as his tail swayed back and forth. "Are you okay?"

Regaining his balance, the Heartless' eyes snapped on the group once again, both claws clenching tightly into fists as he lunged forward. When within range, Derrick jumped, claws extended out and aimed for Rena once more...

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sleif had stepped up to help the girl, giving Derrick a little more encouragement to accept their help. Rena beamed.

"Yeah, we're here to help y-- ahh!!"

The girl leapt back, staring at the outstretched claws fighting to rip her apart. She stumbled back, dropping the Keyblade at her feet and fighting to regain her composure and balance. She had failed to notice that there was someone trying to help her, though...

Stop!

It was that little monster from the egg! It had headbutted Derrick, sending him back. It wasn't much, but it was enough to get him to back off for a second.

Are you okay?

Rena nodded meekly, a shudder running through her. She scooped the little creature off of the ground and quietly said, "Thank you..."

"Now can I kill the f**king thing?" snapped Aoi at the group, hissing as he glared daggers at the Heartless. He was already reaching for his gun, twisting it in his hand. "There's no point in reasoning with him!"

She wanted to speak up, to fight back as Aoi aimed his pistol once again at the boy, but she couldn't.

There had to be some way to save Derrick! But he was way too hostile. He probably was going to hurt everyone here... There had to be something they could do, but as Rena stood there, her hands visibly shaking over that one attack, it didn't seem like she had the courage to stand up the boy again.

Aoi was going to kill Derrick at this point. She knew that. She wasn't sure if Sleif's words were going to get through to the boy at all, since he refused to listen to him in the first place.

She looked up.

Derrick was running at her again!

"Ahh!" she screamed, panicked. His claws raised once more, she flinched and closed her eyes, bracing herself all while holding onto Gigimon tight and fighting to protect him. She raised her fist, never realizing that she was even doing it.

When Derrick was just steps from her, she slammed her fist down.

And hit the boy in the head.

bonk!

HyperShadic

Awards
Theo was worried now. It seemed that nothing they were doing was calming a now enraged Derrick. Ok, maybe enraged wasn't the right word, but he wasn't as calm like he was before. The hooded man made a move to threaten Derrick again, but he didn't need to, the girl had stepped up and stopped him, and with Gravi-dude backing her up he felt that he didn't need to throw his two cents in.

"The heck?! Everyone's okay with a Keyblade Wielder doing something stupid? Seriously?! Do you guys not realize that if anything happens to that Keyblade, we're..."

He didn't really care about what the hooded man was saying but Kallian's mark burned when he mentioned the word keyblade. Theo had to remember to ask someone about that later. Now he had more pressing matters as he heard someone say something. Ok, so there was someone hiding. . .his eyes glanced around the area. None of the other people voices matched the mystery voice so his eyes turned to the shadows. Theo couldn't see anything in . . .Wait, something moved in the shadows. That had to be it. He turned his head towards the person in the shadows before patting his blade.

Stop!

Theo turned back to see the small red creature hit Derrick in the stomach. Well, there goes that. Now we do what we feel is best,Theo thought to himself, nodding towards the guy who had helped the girl before now and dashing in between the mysterious watcher and Derrick. Kallian's mark began throbbing again as Theo drew his sword and assumed a defensive position. Theo hoped that this would end soon, before things became too hectic and Kallian slipped out.

Ahhh!

Theo glanced back and saw Derrick leap at the girl again, and he couldn't do much without, USE IT, Kallian screamed in his head causing Theo to drop his weapon as he grasped his head with pain. Managing to withhold any gasps of pain he glanced over to see what had become of the girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alexandra shook her head at the mention of her merely swatting aside any high flier like a fly. That wasn't what she was worried about. They weren’t ready to face anyone with her being the only one that could stand against this captain in a stand-up fight, and if he had allies. . . the thought sent a chill run down her spine. Even she couldn't fight two or three fighters at once. She didn't like the idea of losing either of the comrades she had with her.

With Gnost's little show going on she felt a chill run down her spine again, maybe this was the reason that she had rarely seen the nobody use his weapon. She certainly see why as the sight of it unnerved her with the slight illusion of the three Gnostos. She took a deep breaths to calm down and prepare for whatever could be in the third district.

Wowwee,I bet the Boss is going to like that when we tell him all about it!Don't you two think so?...Tora, helllloooo?!”

“I'm sure he will. However we can do nothing bu speculate about what that was. However, there still might be something interesting in the area. We should go and make sure the exciting stuff is accounted for.”

Alexandrahated to use such general terms but she didn't know much else to tryand keep Gnostos' attention and focus on their task.

Ruby Rose

"'Tis very nice of you to come join me in my little tea party."

In a pocket void, filled with never-ending white matter and blank space. Not a trace of darkness nor corruption can be seen, just a shifting current of white debris that spawns every second. These debris, in turn, fly over and form as land and platform of this floating object at the center of this dimension. A floating piece of land in the middle of a void.

Upon this demesne stood a mansion of pure white foundation. This landmark, stood as a beacon for this pocket white void. It looked grand, proud and comparable to a castle. Not as grand and extravagant as Beast's Castle nor Disney Castle but it has its own distinguishable feature.

On the mansion's front patio, laid a small grass patch. Well-maintained, like a piece of a massive green pasture. Hedges and bushes were trimmed artfully with various colorful flora decorating its entirety. In the middle of this thriving patch of greenery, a round table covered in white gossamer cloth. With china cups and cutlery placed on corresponding seats.

There were only two seats at the time, and two attendants. One is a regal lady, a baroness dressed in white and gold, her aura is like that of a goddess. Her soft lips kissed the edge of the cup, holding it as noble etiquette of a tea party dictates, as she sipped her black tea. The warm and soothing aroma of the tea is enough to make a stressful soul soften and calm.

And the other one was of... rather the opposite.

A man of a very imposing and striking stature, something to be feared. From head to toe, he was clad in black steel, his armor was fashioned like that of a humanoid muscular anatomy; other-worldly mechanical and complex. Each of the plates and trims seem to constantly move and shift, trims blinking with a faint crimson like a burned out furnace. His pale and porcelain complexion on his face seem to be also part of his armor; he wasn't human to say the least.

Before the two bodies, a mirror that oversees the events at present at Traverse Town.

"Well, it's the least I can do in return. I may not have the knowledge of a proper tea ceremony like yours but I like a good tea along with a good company."

"Oh hnhnhn... I really do not mind, etiquette is optional. A small gathering like this hardly needs formality."

The lady in white giggled in flattery of her black clad guest. It may be a small gathering but she does enjoy a little leisure every now and then. She does want nothing but the best of treatment to her willing guests. Breeze started to blow and numerous petals drift pass their table. The petals gave the breeze a somewhat fragrant scent.

Silence enveloped the atmosphere as they watched the events progressed. From fighting the Guard Armor heartless, to the sudden appearance of an unknown splinter breed of Heartless, to the changing of the boy from a human to a heartless amalgamation. The two figures just watched and observed, like gods watching over the mortal plane.

"I would assume they were your friends?"

"...yes, they were. But that was a long time ago. And in a different parallel existence. Now-"

"I understand, ser. Do forgive me for prying, I didn't mean to tackle such delicate subject."

"No it's fine. I'm just happy to see them well and in their usual antics while making new friends. I'm just gonna be disappointed if I'm to live a life like their's."

The lady in white broke the ice as she asked her guest, his relation to the youngsters. From the looks of it, he looked sad and yearning to be able to meet them again as a new person. Reintroduce himself to them, but sadly it was all behind him. She could empathize with her guest's dilemma as she wanted to have friends whom she will remember and hold so dear, but given her stigmata, it's next to impossible.

From the trimmed hedge, a glowing ball of fur emerged. It's ears perk up and its beady eyes blinked with curiosity as it set its eyes upon the two prominent bodies in the area.

"Fuy!"

The ball of fur squeaked. Like a jittery squirrel, this critter ran through the grass surface and jumped up on the lady's shoulder. The critter then promptly purred and rubbed its tiny cheek upon the lady's soft cheek.

"Ohoho... There's my little Fuyu. I've been looking everywhere for you."

The lady then gave the little critter a pinch of her of her tart, which then promptly the critter ate. Like a hamster munching on feed.

"At any rate, do you not think it would be appropriate for you to make an appearance and maybe re-kindle your bond with them?"

"Heh... Well as much as want to, as I am eager--I can't. The hand of fate won't allow me. I can just jump in and give them a good and loud 'Hello!' but they're gonna be in a lot of trouble when they do."

"Entiendo. That is most unfortunate."

"Yeah. I'm sure there are still multiple incarnations of them I can talk and catch up to. There's many of them, but there's only one of me. Ever since-"

As the time progress, the petals in the wind slowly became more abundant. The black-clad guest looked up and felt that the time draws near, there was no time to finish this healthy conversation. As much as he wants to keep the flow going.

The guest stood up and the lady in white followed. The tea party was at its conclusion. The guest then held his hand forward, beckoning the clairvoyance mirror. As the mirror flew to his grasp, it folded and compact into a smaller size like that of a small brooch. He placed the device back in his pocket and bowed before the lady in white.

"Thank you so much, Lady Xiang for having me here. It's an honor."

"Oh you are most welcome, ser. Your company has been a delight! I shall miss our converse."

Lady Xiang held her large skirt and bowed in return to her guest's gesture of respect. The black-clad guest reached out for her hand and kissed it. A noble gesture of appreciation, this warm gesture was enough to make the goddess in white, draw a genuine smile. The petals grew more abundant and the breeze's strength became more apparent.

"Well, I sure do hope. Once this is all over, you won't even remember that we had this conversation. Much more so than me being here in the first place."

The black-clad stated. He didn't mean to bring it up, but he didn't like people upbringing false hopes and comforting lies. Lady Xiang just frowned at the thought, even though it's just 5 years, half of her decade lifetime, she still enjoyed her guest's company.

"I... am aware of that. Still there aren't many people who would accompany me in my decade worth of memories. It would be rude of me to just let go of you, a kindred soul and a wonderful person with a simple farewell."

The black-clad guest smiled at her statement.

"--and I do apologize if I somehow intrude your time here at my abode. You have your duties as--well as you are, did you not?"

"Well not really a problem on my end. I'm able to perform my duty as I see fit. With what I am now--the passage and concept of time is now irrelevant to me."

He then reached into his back pouch, and pulled out a signet. A signet with an emblazoned dragon adorning it.

"I heard you like bits and baubles. So here, I'm giving you mine."

"Oh my! I don't know if I'm worthy of such gift--"

Before Lady Xiang could say her charge, she saw the black-clad now making his away towards her mansion's gate. With a brush of his black cape, he vanished without a trace. She would say more but they were out of time, the breeze now accumulated into strong winds. Blowing all the colorful flora that dot her garden. She held the signet onto her chest and clipped it on her left shoulder. The winds brushing through her skirt and her white satin hair.

"Fuy..."

"Mhm... it's okay Fuyu. We've done this before. Just stay with me."

The little critter pressed itself unto her shoulder, as if it was hugging her. That worried expression in its face was apparent.

This was Lady Xiang's stigmata. Without any connection to a congregation of powerful nobodies, no minions at her command, and her crusade to hunt for her original heartless retired, she is subjected to a decade memory lapse as consequence. A consequence she embraced a long time ago. Basically, her memory resets every 10 years to the time when she first retires. So every person, event, or action she had done in that span of time is completely erased from her memory. Although she had been subjected to this countless times, her companion, Fuyu, still worries about its master. Because this process hurts her mentally and even emotionally. Even though Lady Xiang can endure it, the pain is apparent and undeniable.

"I-it's starting... ugh..."

The pain in her head was now noticeable, she had to clasp her head to endure it. Fuyu then jumped off her shoulder and just watched her from a distance.

"Aaahh... Ah!"

She looked up, her eyes and mouth now beamed a supernatural illumination. Her body glowing, like a small star, illuminating everything around her. Then from her body, emerged an orb of pure light, a manifestation of her memory. It glow so bright then gradually went out, like a weakening candle flame that ran out of wax and fuse to burn from. The absolute illumination now subsided, and the lady in white laid peacefully unto grass.

"Fuy! Fuy!"

The ball of fur squeaked, as it rushed to its master's side. Licking her face, attempting to wake her up. Few of the flora that had been plucked by the strong wind now bloomed anew. Not as thriving as before but enough to be noticed.

"Mmh."

The lady in white moaned as she slowly came to. Her vision blurred and disoriented as a result of the ordeal. She carefully massaged her temple to ease her aching head. Then from her lap, sat a waiting ball of fur, waiting for its master to come to; looking at her with its beady eyes.

"Ah... Fuyu. 'Tis you-- did- did I fell asleep on the garden again?"

Still disoriented, Lady Xiang slowly stood up from the grass. Utterly have no recollection of what transpired just minutes before the ordeal. Woozy and a bit bemused. The little critter then licked her cheek so profusely, trying to wake her up. The tingle from the critter's tongue pressing on her cheek made the lady in white ticklish.

"Mhnhnhn.. alright Fuyu, I am okay."

She chortled a bit to her companion's playfulness. Petting it and scratching its cheek with her fingertips. The critter purred as she does it.

"Come, we must go back inside the mansion. Vamonos"

As she dusted herself up, she felt a hard object clipped onto her left shoulder. It was a dragon signet, but when did she get this? Utterly no memory on how she acquired the odd-looking signet, she clipped it back on her shoulder and proceeded inside her mansion.

Eventua

A Ferryman

She wasn't buying it. His face slowly fell, before in a blinding motion the blade she had held - and a new blade, materialized from nothing - had nearly pierced his robes.

"Now, I suggest you keep that tongue inside where your mouth is so blades won't mutilate it."

He swallowed audibly and slowly nodded, resisting the urge to crack a grin.

Her every word and gesture was like some terrible, wonderful serpent, confident that nothing could possibly compare... such a creature was-

"Without strength nor oversight for the given ramifications. Huh, well... the pursuit of knowledge you refer smells pretty rotten to me. The stench of pathetic desperation."

His faint and broken smile quickly fell away into a sullen and empty gaze.

Des... desperate...?

His breath felt lost and thin, fragmenting away within that strange and dark abyss, his lungs tightening, as she turned her back to him, drawing another puff from her regenerating cigar.

She summoned a black heart - a flare for the dramatic that he really should have pegged her as having - and crushed it, materializing it into a ferocious Heartless before drawing her blades away, facing the ravenous and seemingly uncontrolled beast.

Jotin quivered slightly, his lips feeling dry and his head aching with pain. Trying to adjust his mind, he slowly drew his pen and notebook, taking a few steps back as he observed the beauty and the beast.

Take notes, yes. That's what matters. Focus.

Knightcalibur

Steps from a panicked pace, clicked through the dirt; on the distant forest, several meters away from Twilight Town. Running short of breath while holding on to her yellow-eyed black bunny, the little girl has completely wandered off from civilization into the deep parts of the forest that surrounds Twilight Town itself.

A few hours earlier, the girl has found a stray and somewhat injured black bunny emerging from the bushes. Taking it out of pity, the little girl tend to this bunny's leg injury by applying a stick as splint and grass blade as bandage. It may not look much but she had to take it to a nearby clinic to get somehow a professional treatment. Maybe she'll even keep the critter as a pet.

Since then, the girl felt like she was being followed. She may not look at it directly, but she felt a shadowy visage just looking and observing her just inches away from her peripheral vision. As the little girl approach the clinic's steps, the unsettling feeling became more and more malignant. Even though she was in the crowded area, she felt the time would just slow down and the feeling of helplessness. That sinking feeling, innervation that none of these people will be able to help you once this patient predator strikes.

Then upon stumbling on the Twilight Town Clinic, the little girl just froze in place. The black bunny on her cradle now squirming to get out of her grasp, utterly terrified of a predator's presence. The girl just began to sweat bullets as she saw a bandaged, hooded enigma that has been standing in front of the establishment. The girl yelped, without saying any word, the little girl ran and ran where her two legs can take her. Even going as far beyond the town borders.

But it was no use, no matter how fast and how far she ran, she can still feel the unknown predator still inching behind her.

She has reached her peak. The little girl threw her back against a nearby tree and would you know, the enigma was behind her as if it was waiting for her to tire. Still, to have ran this distance, it was impressive for a little girl.

"What... what do you want?"

The girl held the black bunny tight, on shivering lips and wheezing tone. Fatigued and terrified. The hood tilted down a bit. The eyes may not be visible under that shade, but you feel that the enigma was glaring daggers at the little kid. It then reached out its palm to the little girl.

"Give me the critter. So we can end this senseless chase."

A girls voice resonated from under the hood's shade. "Why? I just found it, and it's hurt. It needs--", "--to be put out of its misery." Before the little girl could finish her reasoning, the enigma went straight to the point.

"But... it's just a little bunny--"

"You really don't know anything, do you, brat?"

The enigma spat, as her tone became increasingly infuriated. She then lose the hood and revealed her identity. Her spiky, white hair brushed against the wind, her black orbs beamed down on the little kid like staring a pile of dirt. She had noticeable purple "horns" protruding at the back of her ears.

"I've already put up great deal chasing you, just give that miserable creature to me and there won't be any. More. Problems. Refuse, then---"

"Th-then what?"

The little girl asked out of a blue. Involuntarily. Xun then flashed a twisted and fanged grin as she was waiting for that follow up.

"Well let's just say this forest will undergo... a forced seasonal change. Which in your case--fall?"

Xun flashed a seductive and sadistic expression on her face. Ink now dripping from her fingertips and crawling up her arms.

"Now, I'll ask you. One. Last. Time. What say you?"

The ink on her fingertips then became pointed, forming symbiotic black claws. Dragging it against the tree trunk where the little girl was cornered. Tears began roll on the little girl's cheek as she was reluctant to give the poor animal to the nobody. Her mind's telling her to oblige, but the terrified look on the yellow eyes of the black bunny makes it even harder to do so.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
~- The Watcher -~

Colt had frozen for a moment, rooted to the spot by memories of the Heartless attacking his home. That state of shock wore off, however, when he felt someone bundle him up in a protective grip. The shock of a stranger touching him pulled Colt out of his trance, allowing him to register the fact that a rather strange looking woman was fighting the Opposite Armor off while his rescuer, a boy much older than Colt, pulled the child out of harm's way.

"You should never freeze on the battlefield... such a action could cost your life or another's trying to save you."

Colt took the reprimand, pushing himself away from the older boy as soon as he was set back down. His fingers slid toward the daggers at his belt, but the woman and the teen worked together flawlessly, and soon made very short work of the Heartless. Only once they were sure that the area was clear of dangers did the woman turn to look at Colt, sharing a soft conversation with the boy that had moved Colt out of the Heartless' range.

"Negative we should find Captain Sleif first... kid have you happened to see a rather unusually tale male with a massive broadsword?"

Just as Colt was about to answer, a bark rang through the district. Colt threw up a hand, not wanting these two to think that there was any trouble coming, before saying softly, "Do not attack, please. It is Roanoke; she will not hurt you, I promise."

A moment later, the wolf came into view, her pace slow and careful. She was still hurting from the Guard Armor attack, but her eyes were only for Colt as she looked him over. Dropping to his knee, he called to her, "Sorry, girl. I know I should not have run like that. But that boy, when he became a Heartless..."

The wolf, having reached the small group, butted her head softly against Colt's shoulder, letting him know that she'd forgiven his momentary panic. Rising to his feet again, the boy turned around to face his benefactors as he said, "I think I did. He was fighting a Heartless, like this one, but different, in another... another district? Another district of this town. Thank-you, for your help. I know I should not have been so scared, but I..."

Colt wasn't sure how much he should tell these people. He wanted to trust them; they were a lot older than he was, and the child in him was desperate for the sense of protection that came from being near someone that had more years and experience. But at the same time, they were outsiders, and he was cautious. They didn't know him, and he didn't know them. How could he be sure he could trust them?

Before he had much more time to think about this, however, Colt's skin started crawling, and he had the distinct impression that they weren't alone anymore. A strange look came into his eyes as he started scanning their surroundings, seeking out their observer, as he said in a strangely adult tone, "Someone is here."

~- He Wants to Have Her -~

"If you like. I noticed a large book store over there. We can take a look around it before we head off, if you want?"

Cyrus was actually up for that suggestion. A grin spreading across his face, he said, "Sure, that sounds gre..."

A hand hooked around his elbow, yanking him back before he could finish speaking. A surprised laugh escaped his throat as Juliet bubbled, "Nuh uh. You can blow the rest of our munny on books all you want after I get the herbs I need. Come on, I need some help, Cy!"

Cy couldn't help throwing a mock 'save me' look over his shoulder at Gadele as Jewel dragged him off, but it didn't take Cyrus long to wiggle his arm out of Juliet's grip so he could throw it over her shoulder and pull her close against his side. He kept an eye on James as the boy and the moogle broke off to go towards a duck selling ice cream, but he figured the kids would be okay for now.

The young man minding the shop looked up when the two of them walked in, and Cy noticed the way that the shopkeeper's eyes locked straight on to Jewel. Turning from the shop owner, Cy leaned his head in as Jewel said, "So, we need lavender, skullcap... we're low on ginger and rosemary..."

As Juliet went through the list, Cy kept a slight eye on the shopkeeper, but he wasn't all that worried. The other guy could look all he wanted, but Juliet wasn't going anywhere.

~- What the Bluebird Sings -~

The guy decided to curse her out; yeah, fine, Selene didn't understand what he said, but she understood his tone well enough. Landing on the ground again, the girl kept her feet planted for the time being; even though her shoulder was only bruised, it still hurt to fly too much, a thing that irritated her.

There wasn't much time for irritation at foreign language reprimands are groundings, however. Sending a thread of gravity magic at a cluster of Invisibles to slow them down, she threw fireballs at the Heartless, her bruised shoulder forcing the Wielder to remember to keep her distance. She was kind of surprised when a huge black panther came out of no where to bowl into the Heartless, but since it seemed to be helping them and the boy seemed to call it by a name (she thought it might have been Thrash), Selene trusted that the feline was on their side.

Selene felt nervous energy enter into her shoulders when the Heartless drew back. After a quick scan to make sure they weren't leaving anything behind, the girl chased after the boy and the cat as the two of them raced off to find the other two that had split off earlier. And boy, was there a mess when they found them. A Dark Hide, boss Heartless type mess. Preparing Angel Wing and Archmage for another round, Selene muttered under her breath, "Well, shit."

Ruby Rose

After the decade ordeal of a new memory cycle, Lady Winter head back at her estate, the Weiss Manor. Upon entering, the grand lobby of memoirs greeted her noble presence, as she graced her abode once again with her attendance.

The entire lobby, from the walls to the ceiling and even the furnishings, was filled with bits and baubles. From pictures, to framed portraits; charms and odd fixtures; badges and and trophies; little figurines to grand statues that towers from the floor to the manor's ceiling. However she doesn't tolerate animal head trophies nor taxidermy animal statues or any hunting trophies of any kind, as she is a bit of an activist to preserve wildlife. She seem to have everything, it's like an antique shop or a museum. Lady Winter even has a bookshelves from every corner filled with 100 to 500 page diaries and journals, all depicting her adventures and escapades within the duration of her longevity.

All of these furnishings, from the oddities, baubles, books, bookshelves and fixtures, are placed in a surprisingly orderly manner. All placed a very decorative manner, not a single pebble out of place.

Lady Winter has been collecting items and souvenirs ever since her retirement. Reason being is for whenever she needs to recall some of the memories she had lost, and the other being it's her hobby. Even though she has the stature and status quo of a noblewoman, Lady Winter exhibits her somewhat childish but humble inhibitions, and collecting these items are just one of her many.

The elegant nobody made her way towards the center and through the living room quarters. The room was just as decorated and populated by her baubles as her grand lobby. From the far side of the room, rested a cozy sofa set in front of a tranquil fire place.

Lady Winter took her seat and assumed a comfortable position. While Fuyu, jumped off her shoulders and twirled around in front of the warm fire, like a canine companion that just got home from a long walk. The tired nobody just stared blankly into the cackling log fire as she tried to recollect herself. She then unpinned the gold dragon signet off her shoulder again and looked at it. Still bemused to how did she got it.

"Hmmm..."

The elegant nobody then pulled out her magnifying monocle clipped to her shoulder piece and examined the item carefully.

"Solid gold and... is this chrome-laced gummi metal? Must be a coat-of-arms, from a wealthy bloodline. Maybe an army?"

She drew one hypothesis to another trying to deduct to where did this signet originated. Lady Winter then took a glance outside from her window, with the view of her garden outside amid the kaleidoscopic white void. A rather dull view for the nobody. She let out a mellow sigh and clipped both the signet and monocle back on her shoulder piece. She walked towards her windowsill and further wandered her mind, as if she was daydreaming.

"Dull... perhaps a stroll to Twilight Town might do me some benefit."

"Fuyu!"

The little white critter jumped on her shoulder.

"Fret not, my little ball of fur! You are allowed to come along. Come. Come."

As she exited the living room, a bright platform appeared and resonated right at the center of the grand lobby. Set to a destination at her desire and whim. The entire infrastructure of Weiss Manor is actually built by just a fraction of Lady Winter's power and element. She has no problem maintaining the structure as the entire pocket void that her abode situated in serves as a power battery for her. A place where she can channel her powers at various magnitudes, but once she's outside this void, she'll have to rely on her own finite pool of energy. Enough to last her a couple of months.

As the platform illuminated brighter, Lady Winter and her companion, Fuyu de-materialized and displaced to the destination at the end of the beam.

"Oh!"

Landing on her feet, the elegant nobody dusted herself up as she was ported 3 feet off the ground and from a rather random location in Twilight Town. Or at least a few meters away from it. The Weiss Manor portal tend to be really faulty at times. Yes, it can direct you to a specific world but will displace you to a random location within that world.

"Oh my. I should bring myself to walk my way to civilization then. Oooh, I hope I did not ported too far from my intended destination."

Opening her parasol, Lady Winter wandered through the woods. Fuyu bouncing and pouncing through the vegetation. Then after a few paces, she then stumbled upon a malevolent presence that cornered a kid against a tree. This 'girl' seem to threaten the little girl over a little bunny. This malevolent presence had dark skin, white hair with purple horns and bandages; with a coat hanged to her shoulders.

"Do pardon. But is this scene what I think it is?"

Lady Winter's heel clicked as she approached the malevolent presence.

"As much as inappropriate to intervene, don't you think 'tis a bit rude to bully a toddler with fang and claw over a little critter?"

The light from the sun revealed a wide mellow smile on the elegant nobody's face. She was being decent, yet the smile was so warm that it can't possibly gestured to taunt or mock.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
From the void of the Dark Corridors appeared a portal into the Light.

Stepping with a casual sense of and a second prematurely from its interior came first a single black-booted foot. Giving just enough force to its step as was necessary for stability, the foot set down upon a patch of low-cut grass. As the portal opened in full the body belonging to the foor nonchalantly strolled through. A second foot joined its sister, setting down beside it at a shoulder's width distance. Supported by these feet stood a young woman, blonde haired and tanned complexion, adorned by a leather, hooded long coat. She stood sternly within the brightly light courtyard, arms folded across her torso as she surveyed the area through goggle covered eyes. Every inch of her figure, from the lax posture to the grimace that spanned her face read of a person dissatisfied with her current job.

A sigh escaped her breath while her eyes peered about her surroundings. A craning of the neck brought into view the the conical blue spires of a castle rising up to meet the sky. At ground level, she was accompanied by an enclosed square courtyard, mowed out to two ring-shaped arrangements at the center. The spot in which she stood was cut as low as grass could be, creating a plush, carpet-like walk way around an ornate hedge that paid homage to the keep within which it was housed. She eyed the outer edges of the plush ring of lawn in half-bemusement at the other edges, which depicted a cast of animalesque characters. Another sigh released on an exhale.

"Such a lively looking place. No doubt filled with interesting people. It's a shame my mission here is so mundane." The eyes behind the goggles rolled full-circle. "Ur famm."

She stretched her right hand down to her side, opening a Corridor. This one, significantly smaller than the one that brought the woman there, poured out a swarm of small, dark objects. Like flies, they buzzed around the woman, darting within a cloud like mass. Giving a quick, jerking retraction of her left hand, the woman calmed the swarm like a chariot driver pulling the horse,s reins. Each of the tiny mechanisms in the swarm fell captive to the woman. Find it. A thought of the mind transmitted from the woman to the mechanisms. Spread out and find it. Avoid conflict if suspicion is aroused. Should you locate what we are looking for, come straight to me. Faultlessly compliant to the woman's command, the swarm dispersed into the castle, individual members parting ways in different directions.

Seconds after, the woman stood once more alone in the courtyard, considering her own efforts with care. On the whole there seemed to be no signs of life beyond her own in the courtyard. Surely a place like this has some manner of security, she thought. It would have been all too necessary for the famed Disney Castle to reinforce itself in the face everything that had already happened. The former Keybearers all dead, the castle's throne now an empty reminder of tragedy. Then again... the magic here is nothing to be trifled with. Her face contorted into a new expression, one of focus. Currents shifting out from her, the static standing her hairs on end, the inverse Magnetic magic worked over time, quickly diverting waves of light away from her; within the moment she was unseen to the naked eye.

Quickly and silently, she moved down a nearby path leading up into the castle...

Last edited:

Knightcalibur

Xun's ink began enveloping her right arm, expanding it to a huge proportion, until her hand was big enough to tower the kid. Manipulating the substance to be her weapon.

"Two birds in one swoop."

The Nobody's white pupils illuminated as she was about to deliver the blow. Xun's cruel inhibition has no qualms of harming an innocent soul just to get to her intended objective.

Meanwhile the little girl braced herself for the inevitable. "Someone... help. Mommy." whispering and crying under the small comfort of the little creature.

Then, as Xun was about to achieve the full angle of her full swing. She suddenly felt a sudden appearance of a foreboding presence nearby, a strong and somehow familiar presence.

"Do pardon. But is this scene what I think it is?"

The Nobody turned around to see the source of the strong presence itself. A very elegantly-dressed woman, like someone out of a pseudo-renaissance/Victorian era. Has that smile that she can't tell if this woman is mocking her or greeting her with a warm reception.

"...and who might you be?"

Xun then reverted her arm back to normal and just paused to where she stood as the Lady in White slowly approach her. She didn't want to admit it, but her aura alone is somewhat mesmerizing and makes Xun to have the urge to be mellow.

"As much as inappropriate to intervene, don't you think 'tis a bit rude to bully a toddler with fang and claw over a little critter?"

Questioned the Lady in White.

The Nobody scoffed and chortled, "You really should know better, lady. I gave this kid a chance to somehow avoid the inevitable, but she made her choice. So---" Xun spread both her arms as if challenging the lady, with ink crawling on both limbs. Coupled with a delinquent, mocking expression on her face. "-who am I to not oblige?" Said the Nobody, with a warped and twisted expression on her face.

As Xun relaxed her stance, she put her right hand on her hip.

"Wait a minute--"

The Nobody finally figured out what this lady was.

"You're a Nobody! Like me, a member of the Embodiment? Hmm... but I know every member's face and name. Who are you?"

As expected, that's why she felt familiar and kindred semblance towards the lady. But the question is, is she from the Embodiment like her? As far as Xun knows, powerful and sentient Nobodies congregate to the Embodiment. But she didn't remember nor know whom this lady was in the faction. Maybe a new recruit?

As the two Nobodies were busy having their conversation, the little girl carefully sneaks out of sight. But before she could hide and go far, she felt a tug on her little right foot. "Ah!" She yelled as the little girl saw her foot was splotched with Xun's ink. The look of terror drew on the girl's expression as she saw the Nobody glaring daggers at her.

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
-----------------------------------------

The castle had grown quiet since the sad passing of its King...the once lively goings on that used to be entirely common, now seemed more out of place than before. None more so than within the old Throne Room. Since his passing, the massive room soon took on a more sombre look, in rememberance to not only his Majesty but those who stood by his side till the end. The great statues lined the far walls of the room, each one in their own unique pose, something that best captured who they were. The figure that stood before one such monument could almost confuse those looking that it was one of said statues, the sheer size of the man simply monstrous to see, as if the giant marble figures were the only things capable of taking on someone like him.

The figure by his side looked positively miniscule in comparison to the giant, yet not once did she appear to shy away or shake as she walked with him. As they moved, the metal chunks that made up the armour that covered the man's body clinked and rattled heavily, the dense metal still remarkably staying together as even his footsteps seemed to cause little tremors to shake throughout the solid marble floor.

“I am pleased, Your Highness, that you seeked our guidance into this matter. As well as approve our need to examine suitable World Locations for our Communication Outposts. It's become quite clear that communicating, let alone travelling between your worlds and ours, is more trouble than initially thought. We have a need to always be prepared, especially with alternatives, Queen Minnie.” Spoke the moving-mountain, his voice, helped in thanks to the near emptiness of the chamber, came out like a boom of thunder mixed with an earthquake. It sounded out deep and strong, as if he could easily crush a person with just a simple roar. And still, the tiny Queen continued walking by his side, not once put-off by the giant.

“My dear Mickey spoke of you, Head-General...he used to tell me the story about the “Giant” that suddenly showed up out of thin-air during his time through that horrible Realm of Darkness. He told me you helped him greatly when he needed it most, and before he could learn anything more than your name and title, that Realm separated the two of you.” Replied the Queen, the sudden rememberance of her late love immediately causing a sadness to swell up inside her, before she quickly replaced it with a more happier memory, one that came out strongly through her tone.

“No one seemed to take him seriously.” She said, giggling at the thoughts of Mickey spending hours trying to explain and convince those around him that he saw the helpful “Giant” defeat many of the darkest beasts the Realm could throw at the two of them.

“If it wasn't for the wisdow of Master Yen Sid, we probably wouldn't even be having this discussion. To think, that one message could start us all down a new and hopefully stronger path for our two galaxies.”

It was in the middle of this talk that the two massive doors of the Throne Room swung open, and with it a steady line of armoured figures marched in, along the large red carpet that cut straight down the centre of the chamber. The new crowd seemed to have been purposefully split into groups, each one headed by two armour donned people while the remainder of the group was filled by what could only be described as identical and moving, metal statues. (Troops)

“Head-General!!” Said one of those heading the march of the groups, the armoured woman saluting and then bowing to the Mountain of a Man and Queen Minnie, before continuing on.

“Patrol complete, Head-General! TALOS Units are positioned at strategic entrance-ways as per instructions. All remaining Units now here as ordered, Sir!” With that the armoured woman gave one more salute before waiting for the giant to speak.

“Thank you, Lieutenant. Her Majesty and I still have some things to discuss. Have those Units take position downstairs, the Researchers already there should be finished soon with their scans.”

“At once, Head-General Pyrso!”

---------------------------------------

He wasn't close enough to grab hold of her...if he tried to waste any time by moving towards her, Sleif would have been holding nothing more than a gash covered body. As Derrick's claws cut through the air towards Rena, the Captain's gloved hand once again started to glow as he stretched his arm out towards the young girl as much as possible. While faint, it was enough along with Rena's reaction to send her slipping backwards away from Derrick, the worsening kid dazed for a moment thanks to some kind of...red-covered creature...taking the chance to rush into his stomach.

Soon Derrick's anger seemed to boil over once more, the young boy balling his clawed hands into fists as he headed straight for Rena yet again. This time the Captain was quick on his feet. With one arm still hidden behind his back beneath the long trench coat of his, Sleif quickly made a bee-line for Derrick, the boy's mindless charge earning him a punch landing square against his jaw, courtesy of Rena. This sudden action against such a wild and aggressive person would probably have stopped most people mid-thought, but the Captain looked much more focused than before, and the punch would make things easier.

Pulling the silver plate from his waist and out into the open, Sleif soon sent it flying like some kind of frisbee, the object hitting before gliding across the ground straight for Derrick, only coming to a stop when it struck against his feet. Just like the watch-shaped device from before, the silver plate was much more than what it appeared. Quickly lighting up along its rim, the device instantly split and spread outwards, soon changing once again as it released many metal cords which began to twirl and twist around Derrick like a trap.

Though he may have torn some here or there they seemed specially designed for such action, each torn stump left behind quickly sprouting smaller cords, further tightening and hugging around the young man until there was no more room to move. Yet still this didn't seem to fully stop him. Even as he fell to the ground, cocooned in cords, Derrick continued to struggle against them with all his pent-up anger fueling his strenght. With every violent growl and spasm the restraints grew tighter around him, until the look in his eyes soon began to fade with the loss of consciousness. It wasn't until the struggling disappeared and all that came from the boy was faint breathing that Sleif stood over Derrick, grasping ahold one of the cords as the familiar purple glow enveloped around the boy, before finally hefting Derrick over his shoulder like some kind of backpack.

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
Hitomi didn’t like the fact that the blood loss, pain and general feeling of hopelessness made her pass out for a few moments. Weak people passed out and the green haired girl didn’t want to be weak. That was the exact opposite of what she wanted. But still she passed out and came to behind a tree with the man she had come here to help. It seemed like he was the one who had wound up helping her out instead. Typical.

“Drink that, it’ll help you out.”

Hitomi recognized and snatched the hi potion, gulping it down quickly so that the mystical blend of herbs, spices and magic would do its thing and heal her rather painful feeling wounds. She let out a little sigh as she felt herself get a little bit better, the scratches healing up at a decent enough pace.

Her companion was keeping a lookout, peeping around the tree. He held out his arm and to Hitomi’s amazement a bird landed on it, whom he started talking to with a fondness in his voice that warmed her heart a little. The bird took off into the sky and the man grinned at her

“You ready to fight this thing?”

Was she? Could she do anything to help besides get knocked around again? The creature hadn’t just cut her skin and left her for dead, it screwed with her confidence as well, confidence that was in rather short supply lately. Hitomi gasped as healing magic swept over her, healing the things that the potion hadn’t gotten around to yet and bringing the girl back up to one hundred percent again. It was about time to get to work wasn’t it? It seemed like Hitomi was either going to help bring this beast down or die trying.
“Let’s do it.” She said, trying to inject some cockiness into her voice. Trying to make it real.

Her companion moved, engaging the beast and Hitomi unsheated her sword, this time in its greatsword mode. It was heavy, almost a strain to lift it. On top of that it had started sucking at her magic to power itself up. In theory Hitomi knew that once the sword reached full capacity she could unleash some powerful attacks but she hadn’t actually ever managed to do it yet. Hell she could barely swing it. So she waiting, closing her eyes and taking deep breaths to clear her head and think of a good plan.

“Get into the trees, it doesn’t seem to be able to reach us if we’re high up.” Her new friend called, starting to climb one himself.
She needed time and it seemed like this was the perfect time to get some. Hitomi climbed, it was difficult with her sword but some magic applied here and there got her near the top so she could look down and wait for the perfect time to strike.

“If you could get us an opening that would be awesome.” She called over “I can cast some buffs on you if you want. Once you stall it and get it to drop its guard, and preferably get a few good hits in to weaken it, I’ll shoot down and finish it off.”

That should work well enough. A couple haste spells one on top of the other would increase her speed just enough so that it wouldn’t be able to see her coming when she leapt. Mind you it’d only be a burst and if she missed it would probably maul her, but she didn’t really think they had too many options.

“What do you think?”

Ruby Rose

The Depraved Guard Armor spread its freakish limbs as it bellowed a blood-curdling roar, that sounded like two rocks being grind against each other. The depraved heartless' once floating arms now has a black sinew of dark membrane that attach to it. Its helm and body now warped into a black mass with shards of armor that serves as both its exoskeleton, fang and claws.

Depraved Heartless, are the worst form of the many of its hierarchy. Basically, when you defeat a Heartless, you release its consumed heart, leaving its physical form behind. The defeated physical form may appear to disintegrate but in actuality, it returns to the darkness hive-mind, which in most cases, resides in Keyholes at the heart of worlds. In which it recuperates and regenerates back to its Pureblood form, ready to consume another heart. Now this Pureblood Form, ranges from either a simple Shadow Heartless, or in some cases, a Neoshadow. And in rare cases, a Darkside or something much more sinister.

But if this defeated form is not assimilated back into the source, it solidifies into one concentrated black heart. Which then can hatch into a monstrous abomination that is the Depraved Heartless. Its body extremely fragile, yet its viciousness, and strength are unimaginably formidable. It is nothing but hell-bent on destroying anything in its wake.

Despite the awe-threatening visage of this depraved monstrosity, the dark captain just stared at it with outright sympathy and shame.

"Poor child of the dark, grew too dependent on a weak sustenance--"

Bonni puffed a smoke on her cigar, her cold blue eyes fixated on the rampaging creature.

Meanwhile, as the Depraved Guard Armor make its stance, it suddenly stretched its claws, the dark membrane burst through its exoskeleton and grew tendrils. The shards of armor serves as its spear to each tendril.

With a high speed barrage, the depraved heartless flailed and maimed its tendril arm at the dark captain. The spear tendrils flew at blinding speeds. Anything that stood in its way will be, without a doubt, obliterated.

Then the captain just stood her ground in the midst of that ferocious attack. Puffing her cigar while being attacked, yet she was unscathed in the eye of the onslaught. It turns out, her living bone armor from her coat has been protecting her by blocking and parrying each tendril using bone spear tendrils that acts as her natural defense mechanism.

"Now, let us grant this creature its true purpose."

Slowly, the captain approached the heartless while still dancing through its barrage. As she gained considerable distance, the Depraved Guard Armor lunged at her with fang and jaw bare, planning to devour her in one bite. Then with just her bare hands and zero effort, she stopped the heartless' attack dead on its track. The momentum of that attack emitted a shock wave; the pressure and force that bite would have disemboweled someone clean off. But due to the captain's sheer strength, she made it seem like the attack was nothing more than a soft breeze of wind.

She then, without any more second to spare, ripped the heartless' jaw like it was paper. This caused the heartless to shriek in a high-pitched noise, a deafening one.

"Hush..."

The captain held the monstrosity's massive head with both hands. The shriek abruptly stopped and the entire monstrosity seem to--calm down as it stared to her cold blue eyes.

"Become one with darkness again. Become your true self..."

With those seductive words by the captain herself, a stream of purple aura was imparted unto the heartless, enveloping its entire form. It was faint but noticeable.

The depraved heartless then stood up and its form began twitching. Its tendrils shrink and armor began reassembling and re-aligning, it was molting itself by the power bestowed upon it. The armor now molding into a more skeletal in appearance. Its excess membrane hardening into a set of massive pauldrons, armed with a massive sword and a skull for a shield. It sported 2 war banners on its back that bore the captain's emblem. Its bone helm opened, and two purple orbs illuminated signifying its complete metamorph.

Guard Armor was no more. This new and more powerful heartless is now one of the dark captain's crew, the Femurion.

The captain again took another sip and puff off her cigar, just one of her good days. She turned back on the trespasser with a noticeable high-brow smug on her face.

"So, any more questions before I throw you off my ship?"

---

As the conversation lead on, Lady Winter noticed the considerable amount of murderous intent emanating from this girl. Though she keeps that lax and warm smile on her face, she is ever-vigilant to whatever may happen. She should approach this matter more cautiously. Especially that ink, dripping from her arm to her fingers.

"You really should know better, lady. I gave this kid a chance to somehow avoid the inevitable, but she made her choice. So- who am I to not oblige?"

The girl's visage was no laughing matter. That murderous intent may make a weak-willed individual soil their dignity. Lady Xiang wasn't fazed but she can read the message very clearly.

"You're a Nobody! Like me, a member of the Embodiment? Hmm... but I know every member's face and name. Who are you?"

Lady Winter held her lip with her finger tips to let out a slight and modest giggle.

"Oh but where are my manners! You may call me by the epithet of... Lady Winter. Muy contento de conocerte."

The nobody raised her right arm slightly, and lowered her a bit. An appropriate bow of introduction.

"And do forgive me, but I do not know of this-- 'Embodiment' that you speak. I prefer a more... conservative about my status quo--"

As she slightly tilt her parasol to the side, the shade went to align at her slit eyes. Expressing a rather grim gait, whilst still giving that warm smile.

"--and believe the words that I am about to say, I am more than someone to be taken at a face value."

Lady Winter said in a threatening tone. She saw as the little girl tried to escape while the conversation is flowing. It would only a matter of time before they would hit an impasse and result to extreme measures. The ink girl then suddenly held the little girl's feet in a vice grip of her ink, forming a shackle around the kid's ankle.

Suddenly, in a blink of an eye, the nobody appeared behind the other with the girl in her arms.

"Little girl, run back to Twilight Town. Tell the elder or to the authorities, the lady in white will come see them. Vamos."

Lady Xiang brushed the girl's hair to the side with her touch and put the kid back on her feet. Turning back to the other nobody, she folded her parasol and clipped it on to her back hip, like some sort of weapon.

"I love to conversing over action. But to be pulling stunts before me... I cannot think of something much more rude of a gesture as such."

Still flashing that warm expression on her face, the lady in white warned the ink girl.

"Now, I shall say it again. Listen well, delinquent. Release the girl and I shall take the responsibility. I prefer not to raise my hand against someone, but if you persist--- I shall have no choice but to retaliate with extreme prejudice. I strongly suggest you reconsider."

Lady Winter stated. Although the sun was still high, a cold chill began creeping the area as she then began cracking her fingers one by one until she balled her fist with an audible crack. The lady in white was saying to her to carefully choose the next retort and make a sound decision.

"la muerte sea contigo..."

The nobody added, finally fading her warm smile and opening her eyes. Revealing her white pupils staring through the ink girl's eyes.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
Entering, yet unseen, the interior halls of the castle, Ixemza, realized quickly that she had made a grievous error in judgement. If the outdoor courtyard had seemed lacking in the presence of security, it was gratuitously compensated with a massive and capable force inside. As the Al Behd spy cut her stealth path through the bittersweet light of the militarized corridors, she weaved her way with precision and nerve through hulking armored machine-like warriors; the residents of the castle at large were few and far between, intensifying the spy's mission all the more. This wasn't a casual retrieval operation; it was an infiltration, and the stakes of failure stacked higher the longer she followed the lines of soldiers.

It quickly grew upon the Nobody that whatever she sought for must have been somewhere near the where to which the security contingent was moving. Fighting to retain her stealth status a while longer, she traced along the outskirts of the patrolling formations, using troop density as her sense of direction. In due time, her silent skirting brought her to the front two lines in march. The end of this line brought her to a gargantuan set of double doors, which opened by the strength of two men heading the marching formation. On the other side: a cathedral of a throne room, as brightly lit as the rest of the castle, shimmering from its floors up to the point in its vaulted ceilings; yet even so, it remained in colors of mourning in the passing of its King, the throne he once sat on visibly remaining even from Ixemza's distance.

Faced with a not-so-difficult decision, Ixemza tracked backwards, spreading against the wall opposite the entrance to the throne room, observing the troops' entry from outside; a engaging force so large would be a harsh punishment to inflict upon herself without need, especially without the promise of finding her prize amid their post. Exercising the utmost caution, she edged her way along the wall and down the corridor, where a single direction set her on a hopeful path. "Library," read a sign accompanied by an arrow pointing down the hallway, well away from the throne room, and the castle's new guard. Inconspicuously, she cracked a door open and slipped into the library.

The room was spacious, similarly so to the rest of the castle. The light, carrying the same melancholic atmosphere, glistened off of the marble tile floor as though the day were giving way to dusk. The bookcases, ornate in construction, were built into the very walls of the room, and spanned the height of the room from floor to ceiling; they appeared to have been cut from the same sort of marble material as the floor. Green orbs scanning the airy study, Ixemza heaved he sigh of boredom. A book! Of all the mundane things to be looking for in a place like this... a BOOK! It was just short of unimaginable that the only thing worth seizing in all of Disney Castle was an old journal; but the Al Behd wasn’t the sort of Nobody to disappoint a job.

Her strides lead her first to a solidary desk, upon which several articles and loose quills lay strewn in a mess, forgotten, accidentally or otherwise, by the castle’s attendants. She flipped through the piles and rifled her way through the desk’s drawers, skimming over anything that might have been related to her objective. “A journal,” she whispered to herself, turning towards the bookshelf behind the desk. “A journal with information crucial to our success.” Words of her superiors echoed out of her mind through her mouth. Giving no time for breaking, she etched her finger along the length of the bookcase, taking close heed to titles and authors (and any lack thereof) that would have given away the item in question.

The process was tedious, and felt as though it lasted for hours on end; the Nobody was in awe of the fact that a single soul had not yet entered the library in the time it took. In reality, it was only a few minutes of searching that yielded results. From the stack, she pulled an old, leather-bound and key-locked notepad, the name “Jiminy Cricket” faintly in what were once glossed letters upon the book’s spin and front cover; several loose sheets of parchment stuck fractions of an inch out from the book’s pages. With a tug, Ixemza attempted to pry the book open, but to no avail. “Of course,” she spat. “We’ll have to get a key made. Good thing we have a metallurgist.”

Knightcalibur

Just when Xun was about to turn her attention back to the lady in white, she felt a breeze just passed through her and a faint visible light displacing from behind her to her peripheral.

"What the-"

Slightly taken by surprise, she then saw the lady with the kid on her arms. She turn to look at her ink that was used to shackle the little girl, it was seared dry and erased. There were no burn marks but the ink smelled of char, just who is this lady? She said wasn't from the Embodiment's ranks, but she's a Nobody with a replica heart just like theirs, hence their complete copies of their former selves.

Maybe she wasn't a Nobody? No that was not it, Xun knew she was one. A powerful nobody without the employ of the Embodiment, that could only mean one thing, she's a threat.

"I love to conversing over action. But to be pulling stunts before me... I cannot think of something much more rude of a gesture as such."

The nobody subtly braced herself, as she felt a violent intent emanating from the lady in white as she approached.

"Now, I shall say it again. Listen well, delinquent. Release the girl and I shall take the responsibility. I prefer not to raise my hand against someone, but if you persist--- I shall have no choice but to retaliate with extreme prejudice. I strongly suggest you reconsider."

With that statement, Xun then flashed a warped and twisted grin on her face.

"Oh and here I thought you are worth killing the time. Take responsibility? Blagh... In this time we live in, the weak has no place in the cruel nature. There is no good or evil, just the laws of nature."

The nobody spat, as she take out her weapon, the Vourtsizo. She then flicked a single ink capsule up and loaded it unto her brush. She cocked the mechanism and extended its pole. "But since you insist, then--"
90a1482d11c7f5b00e70f9aa53aef2b2.png

With two wide strokes, Xun unleashed two ink projectiles at the lady in white. Spinning her brush and with lightning speed strokes, she drew and summoned two ink dragon heads. Even though it was drawn in ink, it felt like the real deal. The two ink dragons bellowed and with a deep heave, they unleashed a breath of white and black ink, mimicking a fire.

Ruby Rose

"Oh and here I thought you are worth killing the time. Take responsibility? Blagh... In this time we live in, the weak has no place in the cruel nature. There is no good or evil, just the laws of nature."

Closing her parasol, Lady Winter holstered it on her back hip and began walking towards the nobody. With that insight, she sees this nobody nothing short of a megalomaniac. She may have to take extra caution to deal with this kind of opponent. Nonetheless, she kept a rather mellow expression before the nobody's visage of madness; walking slowly, as she was graceful about her steps.

Then in a flash, her opponent went on a lightning-fast initiative. Hurling ink projectiles in an instant and without moment's notice. A paradigm maniac and an unpredictable fighter, a deadly combination. If Lady Winter was a new blood on the battlefield, she'd be easily overwhelmed. But luckily, she was prepared.

Lux...

With a feint whisper, her whole body illuminated brighter. Summoning a white glyph with a snowflake pattern just beneath her feet, prepping her maneuver.

Prologus.

The white glyph's pattern began spinning like an arcane cog to an ethereal machine. As the ink projectiles close its distance, the nobody hasten her pace towards it, instead of away from it.

Allegro Chassé

In an instant, Lady Winter disappeared and displaced herself away from the projectiles with a flash of light. Blinking from one place to another. She then tensed both her arms and clenched both her fist. Veins can be seen, knuckles cracking and her lean muscles flex in her tight sleeve. Lady Winter focused her power and summoned her weapon, the Sublustri Gladio, translates to "Gleaming Blade", white armored braces.

As she closed the distance, her opponent wasted no time and drew two ink constructs, mimicking dragon heads. Reacting quickly, she waved her arms in a fluid motion whilst channeling her element unto her grasp.

Adagio Unieme Act Un

As the dragon heads unleashed their ink fire breath, Lady Winter drew a two-layered glyph in front of her. The two-layered white glyphs served as a repulsive barrier that easily repelled the strong jet of ink from her opponent. She then waved her arms more in an extended motion and expanded the barrier glyphs, then compressing them.

Adagio Unieme Act Deux

Using her element, she transformed her glyphs into a solid light construct in a form of a round shield, equipping it on her left arm. The nobody held her light shield up and placed her right arm above the shield, her grasp mimicking as if she was holding a shaft grip. Then from her right grasp, she materialized another light construct, in a form of a short sword made of the glyph she was summoning. She took a phalanx stance with her shield and sword.

Allegro En Tournant!

With blinding speed, she then charged at her opponent and unleashed a series of rapid connecting strikes. Her movement was so fast that she leaves after-images. Attack her opponent from three directions at a random yet lightning-quick interval.

Kingdomkeylight

KKL & Don't You Forget It
Awards
~♣A Rather Trying Situation♣~​

"I see," Taces spoke a bit softer realizing the child was quite scared of them, and from the situation in full that had just transpired. KOS-MOS kept her blank expression before turning her head towards the sound of a wolf coming towards them right as Colt had yelled for them not to attack she slowly started to raise her hand to... get halted lightly by Taces hand. "Its a pet... or family member," Taces spoke to the android woman as she let her hand dropped back to her side.

"Affirmative wolf is not a hostile target," KOS-MOS confirmed as the Aeronaut Society member watched the child regain his composure thanks to the animal Roanoke. With that cleared up the younger boy confirmed that Sleif was pretty close by possibly behind the hug doors not to far away from their current position. Yet before any decision could be made the boy in a rather serious tone spoke of someone, or thing watching them. The android, and Aeronaut member exchanged a quick glance with each other before Taces seemed to come to a decision.

"Then let them watch we have nothing to hide nor a reason to attack... if you don't mind though you should come with us. Tis safer to be in numbers it seems," Taces explained as he started to walk toward the massive doors with KOS-MOS following right after him. As they neared the massive door the distant sound of combat seemed to be coming to a immediate end causing Taces to immediately push the massive door to the sight of Captain Sleif.... backpacking a child to his back with another child by his side, and quite a few other strange characters all around. At first Taces raised a eyebrow as KOS-MOS remained her usual stoic self. "I see you have been busy Captain."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back