• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

{%}|<~The Xion Hate Club~>|{%}

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah :lol:
But I've noticed that more people like Xionthan hate her :cry: it makes me sad. By the way, what was your first thought when first saw/heard Xion?
When I first heard that there was a "fourteenth member", I got excited.
Then I saw her in a screenshot. I didn't really like her. She was just "ok".
So I went on with other people agreeing that (forgive me) Xion was awesome because she had a keyblade and fought better than Kairi.
But when I saw the Jap trailer with Xion rambling and being emo(not that there's anything wrong with being emo), the first thing that came into my mnd was "I think some people are gonna hate her." I didn't really have the right words since at that time I didn't know what a Mary Sue. So I saw more vieos and screenshots, found out her role and soon played the game. Before I knew it, I was murmuring "Sue!!" and laughing whenever a character said something mean to/about her or whenever she was in pain.

I read '14th member, who is a girl, who is bff with Axel and Roxas, and has a keyblade, and is probably kairi's second special nobody or something' and went =______________=

Only the last point didn't turn out to be true, and anyway, it got replaced by 'spends special alone time with Riku comforting her~'

Oh yeah. And then I tried really hard to have an open mind, cause someone I really care about and owe a lot to loved her and RP'd her and stuff (before the game came out, this is, though). But the more I saw, the more I realised... I just can't pretend I like this.

Ventedonforumsarguediwithsmilealotaboutitblahblahblah

THE END.

Last edited:

luna1017

Trying to reach the Second Star to the Right.
I read '14th member, who is a girl, who is bff with Axel and Roxas, and has a keyblade, and is probably kairi's second special nobody or something' and went =______________=

Only the last point didn't turn out to be true, and anyway, it got replaced by 'spends special alone time with Riku comforting her~'
I sent my best friend a REALLY long email about Xion being a Mary SUe. It's filled with Days vids and quotes. What type of Sue do you think she is?

luna1017

Trying to reach the Second Star to the Right.
Share it here?? <3333

I think she's a Sympathy Sue.
I think she's an Angsty Sue and a Canon Sue. Sorry if it's kinda messy....
[url=http://www.getacd.org/listen_0GRexjl8UcA/kingdom_hearts_358_2_days_xion_final_boss_theme_music]Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Xion Final Boss Theme Music - Listen - GetaCD.org / 0GRexjl8UcA[/url]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]xion's final battle theme[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]you fight her 4 times[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]this one's the 4th[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]sounds cool, huh?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]and it's ripped off[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]1:37 - 1: 42 is copied from Friends in My Heart[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000] 1:16 - 1:22 is copied from Kairi's theme[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000] she has her own theme and her own boss theme[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000] and you fight her four times [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000] in four different armors[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000] and she says epic lines before you fight such as:[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000] "This puppet will have to play her part" [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000] and[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000] "You've filled me with so much memories... given me so much that I feel like I'm about to overflow. Look at me, Roxas. Who do you see?"[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]and she dies a slow crystalized epic death with her theme playing in the background[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]WARNING! MAJOR SPOILERS!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fiCG4ZwJ5IWatch With Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000] oh! And don't forget her slow death speech[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]wait... I meant AFTER death speech[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]and it's telling Roxas not to worry[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]"Roxas, don't be sad. I came from you and Sora. I am you... the same way that I am Sora. You'll forget me, but the memories themselves will never go away. Memories of you and me will always be together... forever, inside him."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]So she pops out of nowhere[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]"Good tidings, friends. Today is a momentous day. I am pleased to announce that a new comrade has been chosen to wear the coat."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3]-[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Xemnas[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]gets people to hate her[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]"Did it break again?"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]-Saix[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000] Faints into Roxas/ Axel's arms or falls asleep like Roxas/Sora did[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]"Is poppet(Xion) doing the Rip Van Winkle thing?"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3]-[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Demyx[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000] gets Axel to care deeply about her[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000] "What's your problem!? You both...think you can do whatever you want. Well, I'm sick of it. Go on, you just keep running! But I'll always be there to bring you back!"[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]-[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Axel[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]and dies[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman] and dont forget, she makes Roxas cry[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]"Xion...." cries*[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]-Roxas[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]says her after death speech [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman] fuels Roxas' actions[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]even makes Riku and Roxas talk aout her while they're fighting[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]and makes Axel think about her[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman] after she die[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman] "How did this happen?"[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman] - Axel[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman] What does that spell?[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman] MARY SUE!![/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman] oh, one more SPOILER(enter at your own risk) video[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fiCG4ZwJ5I]YouTube - Xion's Death english[/url]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]ZOMG!!! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman] MARY SUE!!!!!!!![/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman] What is a Mary Sue?[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman] A Mary Sue (sometimes just Sue), in literary criticism and particularly in fanfiction, is a fictional character with overly idealized and hackneyed mannerisms, lacking noteworthy flaws, and primarily functioning as wish-fulfillment fantasies for their authors or readers. Perhaps the single underlying feature of all characters described as "Mary Sues" is that they are too ostentatious for the audience's taste, or that the author seems to favor the character too highly. The author may seem to push how exceptional and wonderful the "Mary Sue" character is on his or her audience, sometimes leading the audience to dislike or even resent the character fairly quickly; such a character could be described as an "author's pet".[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman] The term "Mary Sue" is taken from a character created by Paula Smith in 1973 for her parody story "A Trekkie's Tale,"[5] published in her fanzine Menagerie #2.[6] The character in question was Lieutenant Mary Sue ("the youngest Lieutenant in the fleet — only fifteen and a half years old"). Smith's story poked fun at unrealistic and adolescent wish-fantasy characters in Star Trek fan fiction. Such characters were generally original (non-canon) and female adolescents who had romantic liaisons with established canon adult characters or in some cases were the younger relatives or protégés of those characters. They also possessed unrealistic, often exotic skills beyond those that would have been expected of a character in that series or of a conventional author surrogate. "[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman] The negative connotation comes from this "wish-fulfillment" implication: the "Mary Sue" is judged a poorly developed character, too perfect and lacking in realism to be interesting. Such proxy characters, critics claim, exist only because authors wish to see themselves as the "special" character in question.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman] The term is also associated with cliché such as exotic hair and eye colors, mystical or superhuman powers, exotic pets, possessions or origins or an unusually tragic past, especially when these things are glaringly out of step with the consistency of the canon. These features are commonplace in "Mary Sues", though even a character who lacks them may be labeled a "Sue" by some critics. The term is more broadly associated with characters who are exceptionally and improbably lucky. The good luck may involve romance ("Mary Sue" always gets her man); adventure ("Mary Sue" always wins a fight or knows how to solve the puzzle) and popularity (the "right people" seem to gravitate towards the character). These characters have few problems while attempting to achieve their goals. "Everything goes he[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman] Kinds of sues that Xion is:[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]"Angsty" Sue[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]This subconcept of the larger "Mary Sue" concept comes in two common variations. The first is a character who is constantly depressed and has a tragic past, frequently involving murder, child abuse, rape, or abandonment of some sort. She or he often feels guilt for something that happened in the past, even though it is usually not his or her fault, which gives him or her the ability to feel bad about something without having done anything wrong. Generally, if she or he doesn't commit romanticized suicide, then only the love or close friendship of one or more canon characters can convince her that she is not responsible for a tragic or horrific childhood or event that was obviously not of her making. Such backgrounds constitute an ill-advised attempt to gain sympathy from the [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]mon_ongsingco: from the reader.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]The other version of the "Angsty Sue" subconcept involves a character who has a similarly tragic past, but rather than angsting about it, she or he seeks revenge. She or he is thrust into the spotlight of the story while doing so. The writer is seen as using his or her past not merely as a device to gain sympathy, but also to claim moral superiority and justification for his or her actions. As such, this type of "Angsty Sue" rarely has any guilt at all - after all, she or he hasn't done anything "wrong."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman] Canon Sue (in original source)[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]A "canon Sue" may also refer to a character whose canon portrayal itself is seen as a "Mary Sue", rather than a character who has been altered in fan fiction. Typically, this refers to a character accused of being overly idealized or having other traits traditionally associated with fan fiction "Mary Sues", such as being "special" by having a gratuitously tragic past, unrealistic skills, or a seeming inability for the character to do wrong.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

A

Audo

I love Xion's theme.

I'm thinking about creating a plethora of hate clubs. For everything really.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
So...

are we supposed to call Xion a sue or a stu?

I'm seriously wondering here... and I want an answer... I mean, Xion fills the role of Mary Sue/unrealistic super special female character, but is a male and therefore shouldn't be a sue... and I've heard Gary Stu used for male Sues... so what is she?

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
So...

I'm seriously wondering here... and I want an answer... I mean, Xion fills the role of Mary Sue/unrealistic super special female character, but is a male and therefore shouldn't be a sue... and I've heard Gary Stu used for male Sues... so what is she?

I prefer not classify Xion as a Gender.... I just call Xion "Xion" or simply "it"....
But for your case of argument, we need a unisex name that sounds like Sue/ Stu....:lol:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So...

Technically... a proxy.

But calling her a Gary Stu is even more hilarious! XD

I found more wank~

But look at the facts: she came into this world no memory, no one to look up to. And by some very off chance two of the two most popular characters take interest to her. Okay, weird but the plot has to revolve around them all somehow, so we can deal with that. Also, if the same happened to me I'd try and seek out some other people, that's totally natural!

Next: These two characters are bit over the top interested in her however. She hasn't even done anything but they're suddenly crazed and willing to do anything for her. Now considering they're all nobodies and are just looking for a way in life I can learn to live with this as well.

Then: this character who has only two friends in the entire world suddenly thinks it’s a good idea to try and drive one of them away. Let's stop right there-

How many personalities does Axel actually have. Okay in Re:CoM he was a silent psychopathic killer. In Kingdom Hearts two he was an extremely driven (a bit over the top… ) and devoted friend trying to rescue Roxas. So finally in 358/2 days he's a complete pussy, deprived of any self assurance who's only purpose is to go around following two under aged kids; while begging for acceptance from anyone else. Does anyone else see what’s wrong with this? Sure I thought his was one board with the NAMBLA before, but now he’s just a flat out pedophile. This after I was just starting to like him! The whole Vexen ordeal held me back for a while but at least I could respect him…

Okay continuing on: Roxas who has some (non) small background with Axel sees them fighting and even though he's supposed best friends with Axel and just friend with Xion he take neithers’ side.

Now touching bases on Roxas, he's been one of my favorite characters since the release of the second game. Small charm, attitude issues with a bit a angst to him. Okay; fans wasted no time bring out the emo label on him, but now look at him. A whinny little bitch who can't stand up for himself or his friends. He sits around moping pretty much the entire time.

Okay game, it was bad enough you bought in an unwanted addition but why did you have to degrade two perfectly fine characters?

Carrying on; now this new characters learns things about her freaky identity, rather than consoling in her friends she dwells off alone having a mental break down. Now apparently this character has somehow gained information that Xemnas only wants to use her and her one remaining friend as tools. Rather than warn the other early she with hold this information.

Okay, wtf? If I had only two friends in the world and I found out some leader was plotting to use one of them along with myself I'd do something about it! (First one I wouldn’t drive one of them away like a dumbass.) But no, rather than do the right thing this characters goes psycho and with sudden "ultra power" tries to absorb their last friend! "Let's not do the right thing and tell them. Instead we'll attack our friend because being evil is just so sexy and awesome! And by fighting Roxas this denounces us as a pairing so the yaoi fans won't get mad. Also shows that I am strong. Let the ignorant fans cheer me on!"

So they die, and only in the face of death do they finally decide to do the right thing. They're a hero now right? WRONG. That is the most cowardly thing I've seen. Simply for their own selfish reasons do they decide to do what is right because they are about to die. If you're gonna try and be a badass see it up to the end, don't cower away last minute.

And Roxas; you have one best friend left. Someone who hasn't plotted against you or tried to kill you (yet). But instead you're gonna believe without a doubt what the person who just tried to murder you said and have a spur of the moment life altering change. Not to mention a drastic personality change, you're no longer a bitch, but The Bitch.

No, if my best friend did that I'd kick their ass and still be sad and very hurt at what they did to me. I'd be sad over their death too but I doubt I'd cry- maybe a little bit but not those water works Roxas did.

And don't even say "they don't' have hearts, how can they be hurt?" Damnit all, they didn't didn't have hearts they wouldn't have been friends in the first place, got mad at each other, or cried when the other died. Speaking of friends, why the hell does Axel hang out with any of them? There’s no logic given because the game fixates on this xamy sue bitch, so we have no background story on them. Which only concludes to my belief in that there’s some serious pedophilia going on.

This was a terrible game, bad graphics and a plot equal to that of a sue fanfic off ff.net.

---

If anyone dares try to pull that "you're just mad cuz ur a fangirl" shit on me I will throw it right back in your face. I have never been blind sighted by something because I liked a pairing.

I was starting to get over all the obvious flaws like being an org. member, wielding a keyblade and looking like Kairi. But when I watched the game for real it was embarrassing! I am sick of seeing weak female characters, it's degrading to girls and I see little hope for the future of Kingdom Hearts if this is all we have to expect.

And if you think I'm just being sexist or “mad” that another female is "leeching over my favorite bishis" you're wrong. I don't even like guys that way, and when I say anything different it's a joke.

Honestly, any popular AkuRoku artists I've seen pussied out and start drawing Xion after the image was released and were all give her a chance. If any of them still like her after seeing the game I'm embarrassed. Go look up the facts, as good as an intent was behind the character even a blind person could see this was not at all the time to introduce anything new.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I disagree with that article on a few things. For example, while Roxas's role really was to be "Huh?", "What?", "What's going on?", and his only true moment in Deep Dive was ruined because of more Xion forced into the story, he stood up for himself and his friends.

Him mouthing off to Saix is one of the most epic moments I loved. Especially when he basically said "F*CK YOU" to everyone and leaves, leading to:

"We don't accept resignations."
"I've got nothing to say to you."

:heart:

Anyway, more replies will come soon (that means yours, goldpanner :p), since I've been busy, and I'll be barely on this weekend until Monday night. When final exams are finally over. This club is easy to respond for the fact that I don't have to decorate my words xD.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think she's an Angsty Sue and a Canon Sue. Sorry if it's kinda messy....
[URL="http://www.getacd.org/listen_0GRexjl8UcA/kingdom_hearts_358_2_days_xion_final_boss_theme_music"]Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Xion Final Boss Theme Music - Listen - GetaCD.org / 0GRexjl8UcA[/URL]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]xion's final battle theme[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]you fight her 4 times[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]this one's the 4th[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]sounds cool, huh?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]and it's ripped off[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]1:37 - 1: 42 is copied from Friends in My Heart[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]1:16 - 1:22 is copied from Kairi's theme[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]she has her own theme and her own boss theme[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]and you fight her four times [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]in four different armors[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]and she says epic lines before you fight such as:[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]"This puppet will have to play her part" [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]and[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]"You've filled me with so much memories... given me so much that I feel like I'm about to overflow. Look at me, Roxas. Who do you see?"[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]and she dies a slow crystalized epic death with her theme playing in the background[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]WARNING! MAJOR SPOILERS!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fiCG4ZwJ5IWatch With Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]oh! And don't forget her slow death speech[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]wait... I meant AFTER death speech[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]and it's telling Roxas not to worry[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]"Roxas, don't be sad. I came from you and Sora. I am you... the same way that I am Sora. You'll forget me, but the memories themselves will never go away. Memories of you and me will always be together... forever, inside him."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]So she pops out of nowhere[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]"Good tidings, friends. Today is a momentous day. I am pleased to announce that a new comrade has been chosen to wear the coat."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3]-[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Xemnas[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]gets people to hate her[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]"Did it break again?"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]-Saix[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]Faints into Roxas/ Axel's arms or falls asleep like Roxas/Sora did[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]"Is poppet(Xion) doing the Rip Van Winkle thing?"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3]-[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Demyx[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]gets Axel to care deeply about her[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]"What's your problem!? You both...think you can do whatever you want. Well, I'm sick of it. Go on, you just keep running! But I'll always be there to bring you back!"[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]-[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Axel[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]and dies[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]and dont forget, she makes Roxas cry[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]"Xion...." cries*[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]-Roxas[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]says her after death speech [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]fuels Roxas' actions[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]even makes Riku and Roxas talk aout her while they're fighting[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]and makes Axel think about her[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]after she die[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]"How did this happen?"[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]- Axel[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]What does that spell?[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]MARY SUE!![/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]oh, one more SPOILER(enter at your own risk) video[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fiCG4ZwJ5I"]YouTube - Xion's Death english[/URL]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]ZOMG!!! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]MARY SUE!!!!!!!![/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]What is a Mary Sue?[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]A Mary Sue (sometimes just Sue), in literary criticism and particularly in fanfiction, is a fictional character with overly idealized and hackneyed mannerisms, lacking noteworthy flaws, and primarily functioning as wish-fulfillment fantasies for their authors or readers. Perhaps the single underlying feature of all characters described as "Mary Sues" is that they are too ostentatious for the audience's taste, or that the author seems to favor the character too highly. The author may seem to push how exceptional and wonderful the "Mary Sue" character is on his or her audience, sometimes leading the audience to dislike or even resent the character fairly quickly; such a character could be described as an "author's pet".[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]The term "Mary Sue" is taken from a character created by Paula Smith in 1973 for her parody story "A Trekkie's Tale,"[5] published in her fanzine Menagerie #2.[6] The character in question was Lieutenant Mary Sue ("the youngest Lieutenant in the fleet — only fifteen and a half years old"). Smith's story poked fun at unrealistic and adolescent wish-fantasy characters in Star Trek fan fiction. Such characters were generally original (non-canon) and female adolescents who had romantic liaisons with established canon adult characters or in some cases were the younger relatives or protégés of those characters. They also possessed unrealistic, often exotic skills beyond those that would have been expected of a character in that series or of a conventional author surrogate. "[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]The negative connotation comes from this "wish-fulfillment" implication: the "Mary Sue" is judged a poorly developed character, too perfect and lacking in realism to be interesting. Such proxy characters, critics claim, exist only because authors wish to see themselves as the "special" character in question.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]The term is also associated with cliché such as exotic hair and eye colors, mystical or superhuman powers, exotic pets, possessions or origins or an unusually tragic past, especially when these things are glaringly out of step with the consistency of the canon. These features are commonplace in "Mary Sues", though even a character who lacks them may be labeled a "Sue" by some critics. The term is more broadly associated with characters who are exceptionally and improbably lucky. The good luck may involve romance ("Mary Sue" always gets her man); adventure ("Mary Sue" always wins a fight or knows how to solve the puzzle) and popularity (the "right people" seem to gravitate towards the character). These characters have few problems while attempting to achieve their goals. "Everything goes he[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]Kinds of sues that Xion is:[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]"Angsty" Sue[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]This subconcept of the larger "Mary Sue" concept comes in two common variations. The first is a character who is constantly depressed and has a tragic past, frequently involving murder, child abuse, rape, or abandonment of some sort. She or he often feels guilt for something that happened in the past, even though it is usually not his or her fault, which gives him or her the ability to feel bad about something without having done anything wrong. Generally, if she or he doesn't commit romanticized suicide, then only the love or close friendship of one or more canon characters can convince her that she is not responsible for a tragic or horrific childhood or event that was obviously not of her making. Such backgrounds constitute an ill-advised attempt to gain sympathy from the [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]mon_ongsingco: from the reader.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]The other version of the "Angsty Sue" subconcept involves a character who has a similarly tragic past, but rather than angsting about it, she or he seeks revenge. She or he is thrust into the spotlight of the story while doing so. The writer is seen as using his or her past not merely as a device to gain sympathy, but also to claim moral superiority and justification for his or her actions. As such, this type of "Angsty Sue" rarely has any guilt at all - after all, she or he hasn't done anything "wrong."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]Canon Sue (in original source)[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]A "canon Sue" may also refer to a character whose canon portrayal itself is seen as a "Mary Sue", rather than a character who has been altered in fan fiction. Typically, this refers to a character accused of being overly idealized or having other traits traditionally associated with fan fiction "Mary Sues", such as being "special" by having a gratuitously tragic past, unrealistic skills, or a seeming inability for the character to do wrong.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

THANK YOU~

silentmusic16 said:
yep! she's like hate-glue. or hitler. nobody liked hitler so even countries that hated eachother joined together.

That is a beautiful way to put it... <3

Staleforce21 said:
Can I join?
I hate Xion just as much as I raisins *yuck!* :mad:

Eeew. But... they're okay in fruit cake? :D? But Xion is never okay. :/

ON THAT NOTE

WELCOME

silentmusic16
Lord_Marluxia
Staleforce21
loke13

Your names will be added when Audo has time~ <3

I disagree with that article on a few things. For example, while Roxas's role really was to be "Huh?", "What?", "What's going on?", and his only true moment in Deep Dive was ruined because of more Xion forced into the story, he stood up for himself and his friends.

Him mouthing off to Saix is one of the most epic moments I loved. Especially when he basically said "F*CK YOU" to everyone and leaves, leading to:

"We don't accept resignations."
"I've got nothing to say to you."

:heart:

Anyway, more replies will come soon (that means yours, goldpanner :p), since I've been busy, and I'll be barely on this weekend until Monday night. When final exams are finally over. This club is easy to respond for the fact that I don't have to decorate my words xD.

I disagree with some things, too. Xion didn't really go evil and wimp out as such... she was actually just used all along by the nasty bad guys! O noes!

I do kind of agree that Roxas had a few flaws in Days, though. Namely, his always jumping immediately and irrationally to Xion's side. But that's just what happens to male leads when they are in the vicinity of a Sue; it's a reflection of the horrible writing surrounding Xion rather than a reason to dislike 'Roxas'.

GOOD LUCK WITH EXAMS *TN*

Last edited:
A

Audo

So, are there any other characters that people would like a hate club for?

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sorry bb, I'm a one-man/woman/dollthing woman. I have never seen anything so atrocious as--wait. I would totally join a hate club for Bella Swan. Except there is already a Twilight hate club!

TEAM NOSFERATU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back