• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You Solo Remix Finally Returns to the App Store

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gull Wing

Awards
Re: The World Ends with You

Oh man, the blue noise bosses you have to beat to get the documents are driving me crazy. I shouldn't have complained about the final boss being easy...

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Oh man, the blue noise bosses you have to beat to get the documents are driving me crazy. I shouldn't have complained about the final boss being easy...

^this

the white noise is hard too. especially when you just wanna see what people are thinking and then it just flies up to you

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com

Agh, beat me to it in like milliseconds. xD

I'm not sure why they did this? I don't think it could be a new game at this point. Maybe it was just because of the characters' inclusion in KH3D?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

But that wouldn't make sense since it is called Subarashiki Kono Sekai/It's A Wonderful World in Japan. They wouldn't need to register The World Ends With You again, unless it was just a form of protecting a name like what was done with FFXIII-3 and Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII and Type-1, Type-2.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

Maybe they thought the English title worked better and decided to use that title going forward? or a 3DS upgrade?

Recon

Art of War
Awards

So I just bought the game and beat the first chapter. Just some first impressions:

The best thing that ties this game together is honestly the character interactions and attitudes that blend together. So far, I've only met Shiki and Neku, but just how they were forced to meet because of the Reaper's Game was a funny, yet a totally unexpected social greeting you'd might find in your own life's social interactions. Nomura's character development in this game really expresses how opposites can really bring out the inner qualities inside people.

On another note, the artwork and music! really tie the game together. Square Enix can prove that it doesn't take well developed 3D models like in Final Fantasy games or Kingdom Hearts games to make a well produced game. In fact, I bought the game because user reviews expressed the game as a delight because of the story. I've always loved a good story in any game despite if the game is using sprites or 3D models.

Also, very happy they added support for left handed users! The game was meant for the DS, but I am playing it on the 3DS. It's a game that adapts and relies on the stylus the most. I was a bit worried since I am left handed, but then I learned that I could control the character (Shiki at the moment) with the A,B,X,Y buttons which definitely made life easier. The Circle pad does deliver some functionality, but it doesn't work in all parts of the game.

The_Dream_Shield

Website
backloggery.com

Those are exactly what I loved about the game too, it was just so well executed and unique, the story has real meaning, and the characters all interact amazingly and are themselves amazing <3 I LOVE the character development in this game especially.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

can't believe I sold this game for $2 , might pick up a used copy, one of the best ds games. Better then Kh even :)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

can't believe I sold this game for $2 , might pick up a used copy, one of the best ds games. Better then Kh even :)

I can't proceed to explain how much I judge you for doing that. o_o

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

I was broke, and I needed a few bucks, I was near a gamecrazy store, so I walked in and got myself $2.
beat the whole game anyway, was really stupid of me, but I was really sick at the time and wasn't in my right mind lol

I was right in the middle of trying to beat the tin pin slammer story you unlock after you beat the game.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

Two years ago when I had a DSlite I had an R4 card and I had TWEWY on it. Sold my DS to get a DSiXL and then couldn't use my R4 Card anymore, so couldn't complete TWEWY. So, when I got a Gamestop gift card for Christmas, I ordered it online two days ago. >:3

Now, I must wait 5-8 days to experience the awesome.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards

That's why my Rom was expensive, somehow it works on everything but a 3DS.
I really hope there is a sequel to TWEWY, even if there is a bad chance of it.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

Sequel, prequel, midquel, sidestory, game in the same universe but not connected to the story, anime, manga, anything! Just please continue this awesome IP!

Awards
Website
sites.google.com

Please, for the love of TWEWY, no sequel.

The game is perfect as it is. Can't we just accept that, and move on? Sure, I'd love to know more. But I think part of the intrigue is how much of the TWEWY universe is left for us to decide. I would rather not have a sequel at all then risk ruining a great game.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

So I just bought the game and beat the first chapter. Just some first impressions:

The best thing that ties this game together is honestly the character interactions and attitudes that blend together. So far, I've only met Shiki and Neku, but just how they were forced to meet because of the Reaper's Game was a funny, yet a totally unexpected social greeting you'd might find in your own life's social interactions. Nomura's character development in this game really expresses how opposites can really bring out the inner qualities inside people.

On another note, the artwork and music! really tie the game together. Square Enix can prove that it doesn't take well developed 3D models like in Final Fantasy games or Kingdom Hearts games to make a well produced game. In fact, I bought the game because user reviews expressed the game as a delight because of the story. I've always loved a good story in any game despite if the game is using sprites or 3D models.

Also, very happy they added support for left handed users! The game was meant for the DS, but I am playing it on the 3DS. It's a game that adapts and relies on the stylus the most. I was a bit worried since I am left handed, but then I learned that I could control the character (Shiki at the moment) with the A,B,X,Y buttons which definitely made life easier. The Circle pad does deliver some functionality, but it doesn't work in all parts of the game.

LEFTIES UNITE!! *left fives*

Also, that is also exactly how I feel about it. :D

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

Please, for the love of TWEWY, no sequel.

The game is perfect as it is. Can't we just accept that, and move on? Sure, I'd love to know more. But I think part of the intrigue is how much of the TWEWY universe is left for us to decide. I would rather not have a sequel at all then risk ruining a great game.

I don't like that way of thinking. Even if a sequel is bad, how does it "ruin the game"? The game is still there in your collection and is no different from the way it was before the sequel came out.

The_Dream_Shield

Website
backloggery.com

I don't like that way of thinking. Even if a sequel is bad, how does it "ruin the game"? The game is still there in your collection and is no different from the way it was before the sequel came out.

I totally agree! Even if a sequel falls out compared to the original, I'm usually glad that they ventured instead of just leaving it. TWEWY has such an interesting concept and there is so much that could be worked with, with the concepts/logic of the world.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

LEFTIES UNITE!! *left fives*

Also, that is also exactly how I feel about it. :D

LEFFTTTTTIES! :D

Second impressions:

Ok, now I'm on Day 5. I've learned quite a lot about the Reaper's game and the surrounding players around Neku and Shiki. Rhyme and Beat are another set of characters that are quite opposite. Rhyme is the nice, yet cute and logical player that is willing to work with others to met the day's objective. Beat is the stereotype of the typical skateboarder. He doesn't want people in his face and won't take shit from anyone, especially the emotions shared between Neku and Beat, which one could describe not the best first impression in a social greeting.

Rules, rules, rules. As you progress through the days, more rules apply to the game. The food you eat, the clothes you wear, and the pins you use are now becoming seriously important in the battle system. Also your partner gets more powerful as you progress through the game with counter attacks and special attacks are useful if you have lots of Noise around. (Especially those damned Tadpole Noise that slow you down!) Although more rules are added to make a more complicated battle system, it's very easy grasp after some practice. The battle system can take some time to get used too because it's so unique and essentially your controlling two different characters on two screens. You need to flicker your eyes on both screens constantly to ensure that both players have a good amount of health and focus on special attacks to take out the Noise faster for a better battle letter grade. (You earn a battle letter grade after each battle.)

Now tis the time I beat this game :)

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards

bought this last week and been playing pretty much all the time ever since :v

jumped out of my chair when i ran into progfox huehue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back