• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 36435

Enemies do not level up with you, so the bandits in White Orchard will forever be easy punching bags. For example (not mine). If you want a more challenging time overall it's best to bump up the difficulty of the game, otherwise once you get to Novigrad and Skellige that's when you will get your butt handed to you until you starting doing some serious leveling up.
Yea, I'm on Death March and halfwayish through Velen the game is still a diddlying joke. Botchling fight was sorta tough but that's just because it takes 10 years because he regenerates throughout the fight.

Hopefully the game picks up in actual difficulty rather than "how tedious can we make these boss encounters before the player just gets bored." I love the game but honestly most of the boss fights are just downright boring.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'm play the first Witcher right now and I'm loving it. I'm around 20 hours in and I'm on Chapter 2. Bought the second game half off on Steam. By the time I actually get to The Witcher 3, there will hopefully be a price drop, plus there will be this whole slew of free DLC they keep releasing. The expansions sound great as well, adding new areas to the game and a whopping 30 hours combined of new gameplay to an already freakishly long game. I am falling in love with this series.

Anagram

Banned
Considering this game but given what I've read I was wondering, is there a new game+ mode?

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Considering this game but given what I've read I was wondering, is there a new game+ mode?
They've announced a new game + as free dlc but there isn't a release date for it yet. I assume it'll be out this month though.

Anagram

Banned
Been playing it for a few days now. Was having hell of trouble out of the griffin until an update. Now I only die if the enemy is to highly leveled.
I'm not a big fan of western styled RPGS but giving it a shot. Hopefully it's gets more exciting as I go because I'm already a little bored.

Max

Staff member
Awards
To update since my last post: I'm still playing the first game. I think I've accepted that I'm not going to do every side quest on the first game, and I'm only tackling those that seem interesting (kill x amount of monsters nets decent exp, but gets a little tedious). I'm only playing the first game for the story anyway, and so I can load my data from it onto the second game. I've always wanted to play The Witcher 2, so that's probably going to be my real time-sink before I start 3. It makes me feel kind of bad, because I really like the first game, but I feel like I'm so hyped for 2 and 3 that I'm kind of rushing through it.

Also: Made a random purchase and bought the third game the other day. The little letter from CD Project Red that came inside just makes me love them so much. And an instruction manual, INSTRUCTION MANUAL!!! They're like, the opposite of Konami. I feel like they care about their relationship with their customers. Now I have this massive trilogy in front of me that I'm amped to play, I just hope I can at least get through the first one before college starts back up again.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
To update since my last post: I'm still playing the first game. I think I've accepted that I'm not going to do every side quest on the first game, and I'm only tackling those that seem interesting (kill x amount of monsters nets decent exp, but gets a little tedious). I'm only playing the first game for the story anyway, and so I can load my data from it onto the second game. I've always wanted to play The Witcher 2, so that's probably going to be my real time-sink before I start 3. It makes me feel kind of bad, because I really like the first game, but I feel like I'm so hyped for 2 and 3 that I'm kind of rushing through it..
The first game is great. I kinda miss the gameplay, it was strangely fun just clicking on everything and timing combos. I really wished they would have made the console version. The first game with gameplay like the other two would have been amazing.

Oh and good luck with the second game. Don't get too frustrated with it, it's absolutely brutal until you unlock some abilities from the swordsmanship path (namely the ones that reduces backstab damage and whirl) but after that the game is really enjoyable.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
I've been playing the second to learn more about the backstory and yeah the game can be unforgiving. One of the boss battles in particular was a massive pain when I tried to play the way I assumed I was suppose to i.e. defensively and using parrys. After getting my ass handed to me more times than I could count I just ended up mashing attack and cornering the guy which worked beautifully.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I do have to agree that there is a certain charm to the first games battle system. It's nothing crazy, but timing combos and switching stances is kind of fun, throwing in the occasional signs here and there.

And if I ever get stuck on the first one, that's when I start using alchemy and drinking potions. A blizzard potion in the first game, at least so far as where I'm at, is a guaranteed victory. Sometimes it's as simple as drinking a swallow. I'm assuming this isn't the case with the second game then based on the difficulty you've just described?

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
In the second game you can't use potions during battle, which is hard to get used to at first. I was trying to not use potions/oils all the time so I found swallow alone to be sufficient enough.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
I was going to start my second playthrough like the day before they announced NG+ so I've been patiently waiting for it to drop.

Awards
I played up to the Battle of Kaer Morhen in my first playthrough, but failed a few quests and found a load of bugs so I started anew. Then I finished the game, but I had picked Triss and wanted to do one with Yen. So then I started a New Game+ with Yen. I think, with all the playthroughs, I've found just about everything the game has to offer now. Still mad at some of the bugs and quests I can't finish, but it's a beautiful game. I love the immersion into folklore, and the Crones especially. I'm Polish, and I grew up with tales of Baba Jaga and Łysa Góra, so that really hit a soft spot with me. The game has a lot more to offer if you know folktales, especially ones more people don't know like Prince Popiel and Granica możliwości. I also loved the Easter Eggs, like the Monty Python references. The rabbit xD.

It would be nice to be able to finish Skellige's Most Wanted. I want to see what happens at the end. Damn bugs!

I'd also like to play the other games, but I really don't like playing roleplay world games on the computer. Too many buttons.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
I'm curious what bugs you are talking about?

Awards
I'm curious what bugs you are talking about?

Oh man, where do I begin?! :p

Can't finish Skellige's Most Wanted. The werewolf keeps howling over and over again. Can't finish Price of Honor because the chest won't open. There are multiple spots on my map I can't clear because chests won't open, and most of them tend to be Guarded Treasures that have bears. I can't craft the Superior Wolven Gauntlets because it requires something called "Enhanced Griffin Gauntlets" which do not exist. They are called "Legendary Enhanced Griffin Gauntlets" when I make them, so it won't work. It automatically failed my Reasons of State quest when I go on to the final battle, even though I already finished the quest. Sometimes I can't call my horse, drive the boat, or use my crossbow. The most annoying one for me is how it crashes every few hours when I'm in the middle of a quest. This is my latest game (my New Game+). On my previous game, I had many more issues and other quests that I couldn't finish that I could miraculously finish on this one. I also notice when I'm traveling that there are all kinds of things floating in the air. When Radovid's ship leaves Oxenfurt, his throne chair is still there floating. When you're going through the Skellige waters, it looks like they had a mountain in the middle of the ocean once and removed it without removing the grass on it. The grass is floating in the air. xD

There's a lot of bugs. Some are New Game+ only, some are normal game. I did a lot of research on them trying to figure out how to fix them. They just keep telling us they're working on the fix. It's a good thing if you get it on PC because you can type console codes, but I'm playing from PS4.

At least it's not like Skyrim where you do that quest in the prison of Markarth and sometimes the guards target you forever and you can never go to Markarth again without being attacked.

It's a beautiful game though. Might be my new favorite. I can't wait for the new DLC. I have it pre-ordered. ;)

Also, there's this archgriffin on an island in Skellige that is level 78 if you do NG+. The highest I got was like level 68? It's 10 levels over that. The first time I ran up to the griffin, it swiped at me and killed me in one hit. I came back when I beat the game and got to the highest level I could, as well as had the best version of Bear School Armor in full. It was still very hard. >< I hate how food increases vitality so slowly. I have to eat like 50 things.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
Wow yeah that's quite a few, only ran into one mission based glitch myself and yeah I know exactly what mission you are talking about in Skyrim, hit that one myself.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
All the talk and excitement over this game has me super interested. Might have the money soon, and I'm definitely considering it. Loved Skyrim, and am looking for another RPG like it to get lost in.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
All the talk and excitement over this game has me super interested. Might have the money soon, and I'm definitely considering it. Loved Skyrim, and am looking for another RPG like it to get lost in.
if you liked skyrim, and love a good story/plot/writing/voice acting/huge world/challenging gameplay, jump on it. this is a game you won't regret.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back