• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Yo. How is there not a thread for this game on the front page? Is anyone playing this shit?

It's so damn good. I got up to level 20 last night and finally journeyed to the Skellige Isles. I got my Enhanced Cat gear and the first set of the Bear gear. Gonna level up to 22 tonight, hopefully, and get the Superior Griffon gear. Bear gear is best gear though.

also, totally in love with Yen.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I'm not far. Only level 4, in Velen with the witch. This is my first foray into the series, but I am very impressed so far. I like the manner in which side quests are handled, and I appreciate that it'll probably take a while to level up and do most everything. If anything, the sheer amount of systems and mechanics you have to master in this game is almost discouraging.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
I've been thinking about getting this the past few days now tbh. It looks great.

Do I need to play the previous games?

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I'm not far. Only level 4, in Velen with the witch. This is my first foray into the series, but I am very impressed so far. I like the manner in which side quests are handled, and I appreciate that it'll probably take a while to level up and do most everything. If anything, the sheer amount of systems and mechanics you have to master in this game is almost discouraging.
It's definitely a game that you have to sink a whole day into to get the hang of it. But it's easy once you do. But you're in Velen. By the time you get Novigrad, you should know whether you love or hate the game.

I've been thinking about getting this the past few days now tbh. It looks great.

Do I need to play the previous games?
Nah. Unless you're retarded. The game series follows the book series. Geralt and Yen died at the end of the last book, and then gets better at the start of the first game. But Geralt has amnesia for the first two, and his memory has finally returned now. So there's not a heavy reliance on continuity.

But the first two games are really fun and you always pick them up for cheap on Steam or GOG. Whenever they're on sale it's usually for $2 and $4 respectively. I have a code for the first game on GOG if anyone wants it.

D

Deleted member 36435

I picked this game up on a whim, it's pretty fun so far. Only a few hours into it, but Death March is really fun. Unfortunately, not too hard yet.

D

Deleted member 36435

Honestly it's not too hard. You just have to approach everything methodically. For the intro quest where you have to kill the Noonwraith you basically need the oil, the trap and to fight her at night, which the Beastiary tells you about ahead of time. It's not really possible to go into things blind and just hack and slash them to death unless it's like a pack of wild dogs and even those can diddly your day up if you don't dodge properly and make use of space well. But it's good that it's not Dark Souls levels of artificial difficulty and is actually an intelligent amount of difficulty. It is a bit disappointing, in the same way BioShock Infinite's 1999 mode was, I was expecting it to be much more challenging based on what the press and developers said.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Got this game last night and its pretty fucking great so far. I reunited the brothers, gave a swallow potion to the herbalist and got the herbs to trap the male griffin. Hit level 3 before I turned the game off, can't wait to play again tomorrow hopefully but who knows.

I had a nasty bug when I began, game would not load even after a half hour and multiple reboots so I deleted off my drive, played without patching and it worked. Patched tonight before I played and it ran like a dream, almost returned it to GameStop though before it started working.

They gave me a leftover keychain and my copy came with a map, compendium, soundtrack, sticker set and slip cover over box. Only bad thing is my dad threw the game and broke the diddlying clips because I left it on his stand. He lent me 7 bucks for it so I'm tempted not to pay him back but we all know I will.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
I'm at level 15 myself and yeah, I am in love with this game. Best recommendation I can make to people is to not fast travel, at least when you are moving around inside of a specific area like Velen or Novigrade - just take in the world, one of those games that half the enjoyment comes from just exploring everything. I'm always keep on taking photos so I've been enjoying the hell out this game obviously.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I'm stuck on a quest. Not stuck per say, but I can't win. I have to protect a guy's cousin and his crew from corpsers to get a pass but they keep wiping everyone out. I'm only level 4 so that probably has something to do with it but I don't want the mission to pass me by, so I'm training and doing other stuff. Found the crossroads inn and chose not to start shit with the dick bandits, but they attacked me on my way out and I dismembered them.

Where can I find saddlebags oh my god

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
I'm stuck on a quest. Not stuck per say, but I can't win. I have to protect a guy's cousin and his crew from corpsers to get a pass but they keep wiping everyone out. I'm only level 4 so that probably has something to do with it but I don't want the mission to pass me by, so I'm training and doing other stuff. Found the crossroads inn and chose not to start shit with the dick bandits, but they attacked me on my way out and I dismembered them.

Where can I find saddlebags oh my god

I know exactly what quest you are talking about. I had managed to protect most of the workers but his cousin died in the process and the guy withheld the pass. I wouldn't fret too much about it as there are numerous ways of getting a pass to Novigrad.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
Yeah, I got mine from the Bloody Baron myself.

Same for me, it comes up during his storyline. Honestly there is no rush to get to Novigrad when you are first starting in Velen because while the city on the map looks tempting, none of the quest lines are activated until you progress there naturally through the main quest line. Not to mention you will probably get your butt handed to you by some high level monsters along the way :)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
So I found a treasure trove after I found the agent who was wild hunted, it had these scorpion monsters that spit acid. I took them down but then a big one came up and I underestimated it and didn't prepare accordingly.

And bears holy fuck. Black bears have shorter periods of vulnerability than brown bears it looks like. No difference is noted but I noticed it. Finally, nekkers. They are pricks. I found a cave and barely wiped it out, found a shitload of blueprints including an ursus armor and finally repaired my silver sword. Whooh. I need to upgrade my ranged tho, crossbow isn't doing shit for me.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
That's why there are repair kits. So you can fix them on the run when you can't stop in at an armorer or blacksmith. But yeah, it's too frequent for me and I hope they fix it in an upcoming patch. The crafting has been fixed slightly with 1.05 but I still have 20 lesser Igni glyphs I can't use to upgrade.

I finished the game last week and my Geralt is lvl 35. Once you return to Kaer Morhen and get through the endgame, you level so quickly. I went from lvl 22 to 29 like that.

Still have a lot of side stuff on Skellige to do. Fuck it's a big game.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
There's been a few times playing through Velen and Novigrad already where some quests are super easy XP boosters and I jumped from 8 or 9 to 14 in like a day.

D

Deleted member 36435

I'm about halfway through the Velen storyline, so not too far, just finished up getting the Lamp for the Witch basically. Did a few map objectives and the Shrieker contract. When can I expect a jump in difficulty? The game has actually gotten MUCH easier since I went back and cleared a lot of bonuses in White Orchard and then started crafting.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
Enemies do not level up with you, so the bandits in White Orchard will forever be easy punching bags. For example (not mine). If you want a more challenging time overall it's best to bump up the difficulty of the game, otherwise once you get to Novigrad and Skellige that's when you will get your butt handed to you until you starting doing some serious leveling up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back