• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Trophies and Achievements Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Very certain that Breath of the Wild will be the first game I'll complete 100%, at least on the normal mode. Hell, I'll probably beat master mode as well. I'm just getting to the game after about a year of its release and it's one of the most refreshing, exciting experiences I've had with a game in years. I'll probably write a review of what I think of it so far, it really is one of those games where you can never have enough of what it's offering.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Breath of the Wild
Trophies and Achievements
thinking-face
thinking-face.png

I thought Nintendo games didn't have trophies and / or achievements?

I found out yesterday the the debug mode in the Jak and Daxter Games can make you skip to the end of the game and unlock all story trophies, as well as giving you precursor orbs for the platinum (at least in Jak II's case). Jak III is harder because you can't get the Metal Head Skull gems and precursor orbs through debug mode so you have to grind those out to a certain point.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
thinking-face
thinking-face.png

I thought Nintendo games didn't have trophies and / or achievements?

100%ing BotW is more of an achievement then what most other games get ya. Plus some indie dev hinted that an achievement system is coming to Switch and they already have such a system for their mobile games.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
100%ing BotW is more of an achievement then what most other games get ya. Plus some indie hinted that an achievement system is coming to Switch and they already have such a system for their mobile games.
An achievement system for Switch would certainly entice me to purchase a Switch and the Ace Attorney ports.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
An achievement system for Switch would certainly entice me to purchase a Switch and the Ace Attorney ports.

I'm honestly surprised Nintendo hasn't implemented an achievement system yet.

Phantom

Succesfully platinumed Final Fantasy XV yesterday. Surprisingly, grinding fishing to the max was quite easy: meanwhile, maxing survival was taking so long I ended up using the rubberband trick.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Now shooting for RiME.

Mission accomplished. Took me some time. I went for collectibles last, which is probably not the best strategy. Next up: Albedo: Eyes from Outer Space.

Phantom

Got new God of War last week and managed to get 60% of it's trophies. I enjoyed the game a lot, but I don't think I'll attempt platinuming it.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Got new God of War last week and managed to get 60% of it's trophies. I enjoyed the game a lot, but I don't think I'll attempt platinuming it.

I heard it's actually fairly simple, you should go for it. It has no difficulty trophy requirements like the previous games.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I've spent the past couple days playing God of War 2 for the first time. I'm already down to my last trophy, complete Challenge of the Titans. I'm on Challenge 3 of 7 right now, and then I'll have both God of War 1 and 2 platted. I want to run through all 6 of the Greek games before starting the new one.

Phantom

I heard it's actually fairly simple, you should go for it. It has no difficulty trophy requirements like the previous games.

I took a second look to the trophy list, and it does look quite simple: majority of the trophies I'm missing are just collectibles. Yeah, I think I'll give it a shot.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Platted God of War 2 today. The God of War Collection is now 100% and can be shelved <3 Don't know if I'm gonna play something else for a few days or move straight on to my next God of War game.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Mission accomplished. Terrible game, but easy plat. My next game will be Lili: Child of Geos.
Is that the platformer with the character who looks like Lara Croft? I think I was interested in buying it at one point but it was $22 but I figured it might be $7 one day.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
My next game will be Lili: Child of Geos.

Mission accomplished. Yet another easy plat. Next up is 88 Heroes. I'm not sure how viable this one is really.

Is that the platformer with the character who looks like Lara Croft? I think I was interested in buying it at one point but it was $22 but I figured it might be $7 one day.

It's an adventure game, but yeah Lili does resemble Lara Croft. I had lots of fun playing this game because it's just you exploring and looking for collectibles. It's graphically impressive for being an indie game. The game has all sorts of head nods to various games like The Legend of Zelda, Disney, and even anime like RWBY. I bought it for $3 and it was well worth it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I just checked and it's over $26 so I'll give it a wait. Great to hear it's a quick plat though. Unfortunately it'd just slow me down with other games. Trying to get my way through God of War and Yakuza 6, but I know they won't be done before Detroit drops.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I just checked and it's over $26 so I'll give it a wait. Great to hear it's a quick plat though. Unfortunately it'd just slow me down with other games. Trying to get my way through God of War and Yakuza 6, but I know they won't be done before Detroit drops.

I finished Yaluza 5 last month finally in preparation for 6. Bought the collector's edition and haven't brought myself to play it yet... I'm almost really sad that this will be Kazuma's last adventure.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don't really care for the Yakuza franchise, but the fans are excellent at guilt tripping people into buying the games. I got the CE as well because I really wanted those glasses.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Mission accomplished. Yet another easy plat. Next up is 88 Heroes. I'm not sure how viable this one is really

So I'm putting 88 Heroes on the back burner already lol. I hit 30%, but after reviewing the remaining trophies, they look very difficult to acquire.

I just got 100% on Asemblance however (no plat). It's a odd psychological thriller I got on sale for $0.80. Weird game, but the trophies were quite easy to get. I might go back to Claire or Strider. Also slowly working on Monster Hunter World. The Golden Week sales doesn't have cheap, easy platinum games. I also got Order 1866 and Until Dawn on the backlog.

Back