• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Trophies and Achievements Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
That's good, yeah I'll likely just skip through VLR as fast as I can while I'm on the phone or in a party chat. Technically I could just wait until I actually feel like replaying it, but it might be years before I want to do that again, because despite it being a long time since I've played it it's all pretty fresh.

Yeah, I really think that's why they added it.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Just got the platinum for Energy Balance, a numbers based game. Fairly easy with a solver lol. I did the last, hardest one all by myself however. The next game I will go for is Psychonauts.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Just got the platinum for Energy Balance, a numbers based game. Fairly easy with a solver lol. I did the last, hardest one all by myself however. The next game I will go for is Psychonauts.

Psychonauts is gooooood shit. Be wary of three missable trophies though, like super easily missable, I had to restart due to one. Aside from those it's a good game to play without a guide and enjoy and then clean it up at the end when you have all the powers though.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Man, screw missables. I hate having to be paranoid about every damn step I take.

Last edited:

Max

Staff member
Awards
Man, screw missables. I hate having to be paranoid about every damn I take.

I agree. I love if before starting a nee game I check a trophy guide real quick and ut says "Missables: 0."

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Psychonauts is gooooood shit. Be wary of three missable trophies though, like super easily missable, I had to restart due to one. Aside from those it's a good game to play without a guide and enjoy and then clean it up at the end when you have all the powers though.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm using a trophy guide so I don't miss them! I'm excited to replay this game after what seems like 10+ years.

Phantom

Just got the Platinum trophy in Yooka-Laylee! Was quite easy one, though getting the high score in Rextro's minigames was annoying.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Thanks for the heads up! I'm using a trophy guide so I don't miss them! I'm excited to replay this game after what seems like 10+ years.

Psychonauts was such an amazing game and I was so happy to get trophies for it.

I haven't quite decided what game I'm aiming for Plat next but I think it's detroit. Then I might go and get plats on the other quantic dreams games I got for free, Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls. They're not too fun but the story is really good.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Finally got the Lego Jurassic World plat. Then I promptly deleted the game because I only got 120GB to work with that PS3. (& also because fuck that game, last minikit took like 5 restarts)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Hotel Transylvania 3: Monsters Overboard just came out so it's a bit pricey, but it's a platinum you can do in under 7 hours without a guide.

I did it in over 8 hours, but I sacrificed my PS4 so my housemates could catch up on Rupaul's Drag Race for almost 2 hours.

All you have to do is play through the game, note where the treasures are on the level screen when choosing where to go, and do the easy peasy misc stuff towards the end when you have all the Impies.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I just got the platinum for Energy Invasion. It's like a modern day version of brick breaker and it's not difficult at all. It only took a couple hours.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I got the platinum for Life is Strange. Now the plan is to go back to work on MHW, finish Psychonauts, and start LEGO: The Hobbit after I wipe these tears. What?! Im not crying...you're crying...

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I platinumed the Secret of Mana Remake, and I'm so glad I got it even though the reviews were bad. I loved every second of it.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I got the platinum for Linelight. It's a neat puzzle game where you control a line through various levels. I did use a guide on some of the puzzles as they proved to be quite difficult.

I'm 3 CROWNS away from the MHW platinum. I'm gunna try to get it and then go back to my backlog.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I'm 3 CROWNS away from the MHW platinum. I'm gunna try to get it and then go back to my backlog.

I DID IT!!!

This is probably the biggest gaming achievement of my life. It took ~515 hours to get it, but I'm glad I saw the light at the end of the tunnel. Monster Hunter World has been nothing short of what I consider one of the best entires in one of the best franchises in gaming. Through all the hardships, through all the carts, through all the new friends I've met, through all the new content, I'll never stop loving this game and will continue to play this even after the platinum.

Last edited:

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
My biggest regret in Dark Souls 1 is not cutting of ONE SPECIFIC dragon tail for ONE SPECIFIC weapon during NG. It will be such a pain to get it on NG+, since it is needed for the Knight's Honor trophy. Like two thirds in the game I realized the trophies aren't hard to get at all, except this one, since it requires 3 playthroughs with one character. But I was foolish enough to miss some drops... But really just this one tail weapon I regret a whole damn lot.

To you, whoever wants to platinum Dark Souls, remastered or not, since the stuff is still fresh this year: Believe me on this one, my love... DO get all weapons, miracles, sorceries and pyromancies during NG, on spot if possible. Especially the weapons. CUT OFF ALL THE TAILS... just do it

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I just completed all trophies for Qube Directors Cut, which is a game from this months PS+ games. It's a awesome physics puzzle game. It even had an interesting story, which I enjoyed. The difficulty is just right in my opinion. I did use some video guides on some puzzles tbh.

I plan to tackle Another World, then probably go back to Psychonauts, Lego: The Hobbit, Uncharted Lost Legacy, and back to more games on my backlog.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I plan to tackle Another World..

Uh, that was fast. I wasn't expecting such a short game. You can get 100% in a couple hours. This is like a modern day Pitfall so expect a ton of deaths. It was fun and challenging though.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I can say long and loud; I BEAT .hack//QUARANTINE.

I didn't get a 100% on all games, but I don't care. Wasn't able to beat the extra dungeon either; I'll come back to it if I can. Anyway, ready for the G.U. Remake. ^^

Congrats! The .hack games are some of my favorites, I still have all 7 of them on my top shelf of my PS2 case! (And I may have imported and patched the PSP Japan-only .hack game because I'm a nerrrrrd)

Back