• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Trophies and Achievements Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Phantom

I was considering platinuming Hacker's Memory, but looks like I have to give up on that for a time being: I ended up missing the Victory Uchida guy in one chapter, and of course he would've given an item required to get a trophy in that chapter, and now I need to do New Game Plus if I want the item.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Job Simulator is a game that for some reason has a platinum trophy. Usually games like this don't bother, but hey, a platinum trophy in four hours? Why not, I guess.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Just got the platinum for RiME. Fairly easy, but the text guide I was using could have explained things a lot better. Plus they left out one trophy so I had to replay half of the third chapter just to get it which took 40 minutes >.>

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
That's my 28th platinum done. Figures it was another Visual Novel - but Chaos;Child is done. Also goes as one of the longest VNs I've read. Took about a month with me reading practically every night before bed. (And after. I stayed up til 2am when it got to the good bits).

Still, it's an easy enough platinum if you're into just collecting plats without caring about the games (I've seen a lot of people into that, and just skipping through games).

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I started going for the Persona 5 plat since most of the trophies looked simple enough. I think I made a mistake, but can't turn back now!

Awards
I finally got the platinum for Horizon Zero Dawn! Really easy. I thought the game was just OK. Graphically impressive, but the story started slow and didn't pick up until the second half of the game. Exploring was definitely fun. I enjoyed getting all the collectibles.

Yeah, I haven't played yet, was so excited about but them my boyfriend played first and since we lived together I kind of saw a bit of it, It was underwhelming, it deserved a better story lol

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Just got the platinum for RiME. Fairly easy, but the text guide I was using could have explained things a lot better. Plus they left out one trophy so I had to replay half of the third chapter just to get it which took 40 minutes >.>

Nice! This is what I started working on, but I'm not really liking the game. Lack of direction is not something I enjoy in adventure games. I only have a couple trophies in RiME, but I need to finish Yooka-Layee first since I'm super close and then I'll come back.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'm working on Yakuza 5 right now. What will likely happen, as happens to me with all Yakuza games, is I'll finish the main story, all substories, all dramas, do 10-15 hours of mini-games/collection, then say I'll come back someday and leave my trophies between 40 and 60% haha. It's okay though, I always get at least 80 hours in and most of the legwork done, it would be really easy to pick up any of the games later and knock out what I have left trophy wise.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Nice! This is what I started working on, but I'm not really liking the game. Lack of direction is not something I enjoy in adventure games. I only have a couple trophies in RiME, but I need to finish Yooka-Layee first since I'm super close and then I'll come back.
I used this walkthrough. It's good for the most part, but some descriptions could really have been fleshed out, and like I said there was a trophy missing in their Chapter 3 section. When you get to Chapter 3 look up Good intentions and keep an eye on when you can do that.

Veevee

Awards
I got myself the platinum trophy in Cat Quest ... within three days. It's a nice little game, I enjoyed the overuse of word plays and how the game makes fun of classic RPGs (e.g. the quest system), but the story felt kinda ... lacking. Maybe they wanted it that way, maybe not, but it was definitely fun to play. Next plat I'm aiming for is Digimon Cyber Sleuth 2 and after that Undertale and Ni no Kuni 2 (hopefully). I really need to finish Nier sometime between, but after I heard you have to replay the game several times to see the true ending, my motivation dropped rapidly. The story's interesting, but the gameplay doesn't really get to me, so I'm not really motivated to do all of this again but I hate to see only ending 1. Sigh.

Phantom

I ended up getting 63% trophies of Hacker's Memory, before moving on to Jak II, which I beat today. Got quite close to platinuming that one, I'm only missing two trophies (three if you count the platinum trophy).

Recon

Art of War
Awards
...but I need to finish Yooka-Layee first since I'm super close and then I'll come back.

Mission accomplished! I will resume RiME and consider going back to KH 1.5 + 2.5.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Every time there is a trophy update for FFXV my soul dies a little. Because the Gladio time trial is annoying, and the Episode Prompto time trials are shit, and I really don't want to farm 99,999 KW for Comrades because what fucking reason would I have to do that aside from a trophy, and just, man. I remember when my percentage was a pretty 100%, and now it's 63% with the little plat next to it. There are still more trophies I know could get, especially most of the Royal Update ones don't seem bad, but I think I've accepted there are some I'm just gonna let go.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Every time there is a trophy update for FFXV my soul dies a little. Because the Gladio time trial is annoying, and the Episode Prompto time trials are shit, and I really don't want to farm 99,999 KW for Comrades because what diddlying reason would I have to do that aside from a trophy, and just, man. I remember when my percentage was a pretty 100%, and now it's 63% with the little plat next to it. There are still more trophies I know could get, especially most of the Royal Update ones don't seem bad, but I think I've accepted there are some I'm just gonna let go.

For me, it's why bother? The trophies are locked behind paywalls essentially. Sure, most of the content is good, but you have to pay to hit 100%...and it was just announced they are adding even more episodes to FFXV. I'd wait for a real complete edition.

And FFXV isn't the only series or franchise guilty of doing this. It just sucks to see DLC updates add more trophies to a game where you've already hit 100%. And then you gotta pay to hit 100%? lol *raises middle fingers*

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I got myself the platinum trophy in Cat Quest ... within three days. It's a nice little game, I enjoyed the overuse of word plays and how the game makes fun of classic RPGs (e.g. the quest system), but the story felt kinda ... lacking. Maybe they wanted it that way, maybe not, but it was definitely fun to play. Next plat I'm aiming for is Digimon Cyber Sleuth 2 and after that Undertale and Ni no Kuni 2 (hopefully). I really need to finish Nier sometime between, but after I heard you have to replay the game several times to see the true ending, my motivation dropped rapidly. The story's interesting, but the gameplay doesn't really get to me, so I'm not really motivated to do all of this again but I hate to see only ending 1. Sigh.
Cat Quest is a super easy platinum, I was surprised by how fast I got it.

Just finished up North and Burly Men At Sea. The former is a very fast 100%. There are ten trophies and you can easily blow through them in 20 minutes. Burly Men At Sea took me a few hours. It is like Stories: The Path of Destinies in which you have to replay a lot of the same content and just do things slightly differently, but this one is a lot easier and faster than that game. It comes with a platinum too so woo-hoo!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Cat Quest really was cute and rather easy to get! I liked it!

Just got the Persona 5 platinum after having to play through it COMPLETELY a second time for the "max all confidants" trophy that, ofc, kicks right before the final part of the final dungeon. ;_;
Ended up at around 157 hours (out of which 100 were my first playthrough) and now I'm just really happy I got it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The first DLC expansion for South Park: The Fractured But Whole comes out tomorrow so I finally pushed myself into completing The Token Experience trophy, thereby awarding me the platinum trophy. No DLC trophies have appeared on the server yet, but hopefully there’s a few in there to make the DLC just that little bit more juicy.

Also completed The Curse of the Pharaohs DLC for Assassin’s Creed Origins bringing my trophy score back up to 100%. Also pushed myself the other day to get the last four trophies I need for the platinum for Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, and started a new game called The Council which is episodic so the platinum is, as of yet, unobtainable. Also started up Jak X because I bought the bundle when it was 41% off in the PS store. It’s... a unique game but I’m wondering if I have the patience to make my way through it.

And finally I have 71% of the trophies for Dissidia: Final Fantasy. All I have left are the 100 / 300 treasures trophy, the trophy for interrupting enemy attacks five times in thirty games, destroying fifty summon cores by yourself, obtain 50 rank titles, win 300 online games, and defeat all summons on hard difficulty. I really doubt that I will be getting this platinum.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I beat Yakuza 5 Saturday. My overall playtime by the time I finally finished the main story was just under 90 hours, my trophy completion was 51%, and my overall in game completion was 41%. I will plat you someday, Yakuza 5, but I will definitely be tackling Yakuza 6 next month before that day comes.

Phantom

I've been playing Snake Pass and trying to get some of the trophies I missed during my first playthrough. Ended up getting all but six of them. Don't think I'll ever be able to platinum it, though, due to one trophy requiring to beat every level without dying.

I also got quite close to platinuming Jak II: ended up missing only two trophies.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I've been playing the new Tekken 7 Noctis DLC, and I'm really thinking Tekken 7 will be a pretty easy plat, I've got 58% without much effort or going for any specific trophies at all

Back