• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Trophies and Achievements Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I don't really care for the Yakuza franchise, but the fans are excellent at guilt tripping people into buying the games. I got the CE as well because I really wanted those glasses.

Fair enough. I love the Yakuza games, but I can understand them not being everyone's cup of tea. God bless people like you though, willing to give the series your time and really helping out us of the core fanbase haha, we've always had something of an odd struggle keeping this series around until recent years.

So I started God of War Ascension tonight. I've got 11/36 trophies already and I'm playing it on hard mode my first playthrough, really trying to knock these trophies out all in one play through as quick as possible. Suffice it to say playing it on hard is really killing my enjoyment of the game. While I'll very likely be able to knock out all of the trophies in my one playthrough, I almost feel bad that I likely won't have as fond of memories with this game as others because of playing on hard just for the trophy. Hard mode sucks, it's frustrating and not fun and I've run across several moments that felt genuinely unfair. It's basically boiled down to not having fun with the game's stellar combat and just cheesing 2 or 3 mechanics over and over to preserve my health and make my way through.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Up to Chapter 7 in Yakuza 6 and I've unlocked a bunch of trophies without really trying.

I love it when that happens, but I'm always fearful that means 2-4 trophies at the end that require extensive grinding and I can already see a few of them in the list but I'm really hopeful that by the games end those will be done lol.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I'm at 20/36 trophies on God of War Ascension, and I'm on Chapter 18/30.

The game on hard mode has indeed eased up a bit as I've progressed, thank god. Probably a good mix of upgrades and I've likely just gotten a little bit better at it, but regardless. Light at the end of the tunnel, these trophies are really easy to nab, it's just a matter of keeping a watchful eye on them and getting good at the game.

Phantom

Got my fifth Platinum today - this time from Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus. Easiest Platinum so far, alongside Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy. I wonder if the sequels are as easy to platinum...

Meanwhile, I have yet to platinum God of War PS4: I haven't had enough motivation to farm those mist echoes from Niflheim.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I also got Order 1886 and Until Dawn on the backlog.

I got the platinum for The Order 1886. I enjoyed it and it's fairly easy to get. The collectibles were the only tedious part. I'm still working on Monster Hunter World, but I think I'll go with Until Dawn as my in-between game.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I got the platinum for The Order 1886. I enjoyed it and it's fairly easy to get. The collectibles were the only tedious part. I'm still working on Monster Hunter World, but I think I'll go with Until Dawn as my in-between game.

I enjoyed Until Dawn a lot. The platinum is a little tedious though, but I always do a blind playthrough of games like that first so that doesn't help the tedium any.

Soldier

Awards
Platinumed Assassins creed origins and i have to say, the person who made some of these trophies was a jerk. Screw the chariot races, getting the ben hur trophy was one of the most difficult trophies i ever got, the one that requires 30 foes to be killed by oil pots is frustrating as is trying to see raining bugs in the desert. On top of that, waiting to jump off the sun dial in the DLC area at JUST the right time was an endeavor in of itself. But i did it! every trophy for both the main game, DLC and discovery tour. FEAR ME!!!

Phantom

Got my fifth Platinum today - this time from Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus. Easiest Platinum so far, alongside Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy. I wonder if the sequels are as easy to platinum...

Sly 2 successfully platinumed, and wasn't too far from succeeding in Sly 3 as well.

EDIT: Got platinum in Sly 3, too!

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Just got the platinum for Mecho Tales. God, this game was such utter crap. I give it 2/10, but for $2 it was worth the easy platinum.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Another plat in the bag. Lego Incredibles plat, you are mine, mine, mine!

Just got the platinum for Mecho Tales. God, this game was such utter crap. I give it 2/10, but for $2 it was worth the easy platinum.
Utter crap like it's a poorly constructed game with glitches, awful frame rate, and repetitive combat or utter crap like "it was a bore to play".

Phantom

Finally got that God of War platinum trophy! My God, farming those mist echoes was really tedious task.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Utter crap like it's a poorly constructed game with glitches, awful frame rate, and repetitive combat or utter crap like "it was a bore to play".

Graphically unappealing, terrible game design, flawed mechanics (enemies attack when they are dead etc), little to no story....the list goes on and on. Shamefully, I did it for the easy platinum. It took me about 3 hours.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
This place is my JAM! I'll edit the post in a few with a link, but right now I'm sitting at 111 platinum trophies! I'm a huge collector, and this is between my ps3, ps4, and ps vita. I'm hoping to reach 200 by next year!

https://ibb.co/c17UMd

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
And the platinum for The Sexy Brutale is mine! Got it in just under four hours. The guide I followed was alright, it was a text guide, but they had a bunch of errors. Like, if I was to go into a room on the left side they might say "go into room on right" and sometimes they would skip a step so it was very confusing but it's done!

Max

Staff member
Awards
I'm disappointed that to get The Nonary Games plat I have to beat 999 AND VLR. I own VLR separately and already have it's plat, I bought this collection solely for 999, but they jammed both games into one trophy list I guess.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm disappointed that to get The Nonary Games plat I have to beat 999 AND VLR. I own VLR separately and already have it's plat, I bought this collection solely for 999, but they jammed both games into one trophy list I guess.
Totally worth it, The Nonary Games and Zero Time Dilemma with my wife and she loved them. I was disappointed by ZTD, and had originally played 999 and VLR on DS and 3DS. Maybe they'll make another game in the future starting a new mystery. Could you imagine Layton level puzzles in an escape room situation?

Max

Staff member
Awards
Totally worth it, The Nonary Games and Zero Time Dilemma with my wife and she loved them. I was disappointed by ZTD, and had originally played 999 and VLR on DS and 3DS. Maybe they'll make another game in the future starting a new mystery. Could you imagine Layton level puzzles in an escape room situation?

The reason it's not worth it to me is that I've already beat all three games multiple times, I've beat 999 on DS and mobile. The only reason I want to do it on Vita now is so that it isn't the only game I don't have the trophies for, and also so I can experience it with the full voice acting. I don't currently have any desire to play VLR again, but I'm going to so I can finish the trophy list. But I platted VLR forever ago when it was initially released.

I'm pretty sure I remember reading that the director was going to be working on a new game, not in this series though. I am hoping it's a similar type of game though, I love this series.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
The reason it's not worth it to me is that I've already beat all three games multiple times, I've beat 999 on DS and mobile. The only reason I want to do it on Vita now is so that it isn't the only game I don't have the trophies for, and also so I can experience it with the full voice acting. I don't currently have any desire to play VLR again, but I'm going to so I can finish the trophy list. But I platted VLR forever ago when it was initially released.

I'm pretty sure I remember reading that the director was going to be working on a new game, not in this series though. I am hoping it's a similar type of game though, I love this series.

They did add an option to skip without having completed a route before so that'll help you a lot.

Max

Staff member
Awards
They did add an option to skip without having completed a route before so that'll help you a lot.

That's good, yeah I'll likely just skip through VLR as fast as I can while I'm on the phone or in a party chat. Technically I could just wait until I actually feel like replaying it, but it might be years before I want to do that again, because despite it being a long time since I've played it it's all pretty fresh.

Back