• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Persona Thread (Spin-offs galore!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It's crazy people are asking for a Switch version when they haven't made a main EQ game on the Switch to test if it'll work or not

also character shorts of Yosuke, Morgana, Naoto, and Shinjiro are out and we hear The Female protagonist talking about Shinjiro and his interest in cooking

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
[video=youtube;9NeoQFpmGzQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NeoQFpmGzQ[/video]

This looks beautiful, shame there's no Switch version of this.

I assume the final boss of the game will be the P1 and P2 casts getting revenge for always being forgotten by Atlus.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I wish P1 and P2 got some of the crossover love. There's really no reason not to, especially with the Arena and Dancing games. They could have easily included characters and songs from P1 and P2 without involving them in the stories whatsoever. As much as I hate hiw pushed DLC is becoming, fuck I would have bought P1 and P2 character DLC

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I wish P1 and P2 got some of the crossover love. There's really no reason not to, especially with the Arena and Dancing games. They could have easily included characters and songs from P1 and P2 without involving them in the stories whatsoever. As much as I hate hiw pushed DLC is becoming, diddly I would have bought P1 and P2 character DLC

The director of the first two games (1 and 2 duo) left a long time ago, and even if the had the PSP writers, they can't without his blessing

I know people love P1/2 but they cant do anything without the original writers blessings

Refefence, calbacks, usages of music, art of characters, and ops are fine as the are done b the main Persona Team staff

Max

Staff member
Awards
The director of the first two games (1 and 2 duo) left a long time ago, and even if the had the PSP writers, they can't without his blessing

I know people love P1/2 but they cant do anything without the original writers blessings

Refefence, calbacks, usages of music, art of characters, and ops are fine as the are done b the main Persona Team staff

I guess I just saw the P1 and P2 DLC for P5 and my mind went to "Why not in the crossover games?" But you're right, I'm sure it's a process. A process I feel wouldn't be impossible though.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
[video=youtube;umxwsizzJl4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umxwsizzJl4[/video]

Just a PSA to remind everybody abot this game, again.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
"Finally, Reggie declined to comment on whether Joker joining Smash is a hint that Persona 5 is coming to Nintendo Switch."
- Reggie Fils-Aimé Talks About Smash Bros. Ultimate’s Approach To DLC

Rumor: Atlus To Release Enhanced Version Of Persona 5 On Nintendo Switch

Reggie did not say "no", and Siliconera brings back the bit of the registered domains for Persona 5. There were three domains. Two were claimed, one hasn't been used yet.

I mean, they are finally bringing FFVII to Switch, so Joker sorta sticks out now as the only playable character who hasn't had at least one of their main games on a Nintendo console...for now lol. I guess who knows what the other 4 characters will be like lol.

TheMostRad

I mean, they are finally bringing FFVII to Switch, so Joker sorta sticks out now as the only playable character who hasn't had at least one of their main games on a Nintendo console...for now lol. I guess who knows what the other 4 characters will be like lol.
I mean, you could theoretically argue that Joker's inclusion is meant to serve as a representative for the Shin Megami Tensei series on the whole, which has multiple entries on the DS family of systems, but more than likely it's indicative of P5 (Golden?) coming to the Switch in time.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I mean, you could theoretically argue that Joker's inclusion is meant to serve as a representative for the Shin Megami Tensei series on the whole, which has multiple entries on the DS family of systems, but more than likely it's indicative of P5 (Golden?) coming to the Switch in time.

I just assumed Joker's inclusion could be chalked up to Persona Q2 on 3ds

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
I just assumed Joker's inclusion could be chalked up to Persona Q2 on 3ds

Of course that makes his inclusion possible, but the trailer specifically emphasizes Persona 5 so much that it is impossible to miss. It even ends with "Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Persona 5". They didn't even say Persona in general, they specified Persona 5.

I'm not saying this ever has to mean anything, though. The fact of the matter is that Joker is associated specifically with Persona 5, so basing the trailer/his design etc. on Persona Q2 would not have been able to build up anywhere near as much hype.

It's a bit like Cloud appearing in SSB4 but not being based on his Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories design at all.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
It's also worth noting that Xander Mobus, the voice actor for Joker, also voices the Smash announcer, so there had certainly been a degree of professional networking there. With that said, even with how celebrated SMT as a series is, I still believe Joker's inclusion came to be from P5's merit. It's the Smash team's acknowledgement of P5's accomplishment as a game rather than Sony game.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Persona 5 R has been confirmed to be PS4 exlclusive after Atlus dropped a 30 second teaser trailer that shows a small portion of the city, someone narrating, and "2019.3"

---

Edit:

Twitter speculation seems to suggest that P5S is a Summer live concert event.

Switch port probabilities are dropping, though there are rumors that Atlus and Nintendo are still trying to strike a deal.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I'm sure the internet will remain calm and collected until then.

Back