• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tech ► The iOS/Android Thread - App recommendations, jailbreaking, etc.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Every high-end phone this year has a 13mp camera. Samsung really pulled an Apple this time. They might as well call it the Galaxy S4 S. The design has barely changed and they still insist on using cheap plastic just because its easier to mass produce. And all of their so-called innovations are just gimmicks. I'd rather get Sony Xperia Z even with its lowers specs.

Mastermind

Remember Me
Awards
I know. It's still a sexy phone though. I'm mainly looking forward to it because I have the SII.
Now your intrigue makes sense. You actually have an "old" phone and upgrading to its successor.

Also, the HTC One is just...*sigh* That button placement is just all kinds of wrong. Home and back? Really? Either go with On-screen buttons or go the Samsung way.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Yet I'd still take HTC one right now over SG-4 it's official right now Samsung is now Apple of Androids.

I said at first I would get Samsung S4, but after the event last night people are saying stuff like More of the same and it's not just other companies it's other regular folks.

But no matter what I'll say because Samsung has a powerful Marketing Empire like that of i5 it won't matter it will outsell HTC and the rest.

Mastermind

Remember Me
Awards
Well, I'm a Nexus person so I don't really think of getting HTC or Samsung's flagship phones. Also, you can't really knock Samsung for trying to keep a consistent product going similar to Apple. They're giving you more of the same stuff that works. You don't need to reinvent the wheel every time you refresh a phone. HTC hasn't found they're true flagship yet.

Samsung came in with a plan, the Galaxy S line of phones. Galaxy S1 was Samsung putting its foot in the door. The S2 was Samsung opening that door just a bit wider. You should note that the S1 and S2 were also subject to carrier differentiation. With the S3, Samsung asserted itself as the premier Android vendor. The S3 was nearly identical across all of the carriers it sold on. So yeah, they're Apple of Android, but that's not inherently bad.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Every high-end phone this year has a 13mp camera. Samsung really pulled an Apple this time. They might as well call it the Galaxy S4 S. The design has barely changed and they still insist on using cheap plastic just because its easier to mass produce. And all of their so-called innovations are just gimmicks. I'd rather get Sony Xperia Z even with its lowers specs.

IMO i think samsung feels they dont have anything to prove right now so they played it safe with just slight upgrades above the GSIII (iphone5 is pretty much on the level of the Galaxy SII and blackberry died a while ago. I am well, i was a big fan of HTC but they really fell off. The HTC One and the Droid DNA are good phones but they really aren't a threat to the galaxy line of phones. Personally im a nexus guy but their market is more aim at the developer / enlighten crowd.)

I do agree that most of their innovations are gimmicky well except NFC (though its not necessarily theirs but they brought it main stream). I use that all the time with my nexus.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Well, I'm a Nexus person so I don't really think of getting HTC or Samsung's flagship phones. Also, you can't really knock Samsung for trying to keep a consistent product going similar to Apple. They're giving you more of the same stuff that works. You don't need to reinvent the wheel every time you refresh a phone. HTC hasn't found they're true flagship yet.

Samsung came in with a plan, the Galaxy S line of phones. Galaxy S1 was Samsung putting its foot in the door. The S2 was Samsung opening that door just a bit wider. You should note that the S1 and S2 were also subject to carrier differentiation. With the S3, Samsung asserted itself as the premier Android vendor. The S3 was nearly identical across all of the carriers it sold on. So yeah, they're Apple of Android, but that's not inherently bad.

Well I think the Nexus line is good, but it's not an absolute especially given what HTC has done with their phone just now. That's one of the main reasons I'm probably choosing it over the rest.

You might not need to reinvent the wheel you are right, but for someone pushing "The Next Big Thing is here" Yeah that's not a good idea.

Shawty

Awards
I have a problem with my iPhone 4, whenever I browse a website I need to log in for (KHI for example) it keeps logging me off if I don't check it for 2 minutes even when I click the remember me button, anyone know what I can do about this?

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I have a problem with my iPhone 4, whenever I browse a website I need to log in for (KHI for example) it keeps logging me off if I don't check it for 2 minutes even when I click the remember me button, anyone know what I can do about this?

It's seems that you're having a problem with your browser's cookies

D

Deleted member 36435

Clear your browser's cache and cookies
Disable allow cookies (if enabled)
Re-enable allow cookies

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
The HTC One has good build quality, amazing pixel density, and incredible speakers, but the Sense 5 UI is a nightmare. Especially for data and battery consumption. While I would prefer a 4.7" display over a 5" one, they defeat the purpose by having a bad screen to body ratio. Those unnecessarily large speakers take up too much space. The device may be good but if that's the best they can do this year, it won't be enough for them to recover their old status as one of the best (if not the best) OEMs.

D

Deleted member 36435

Upgraded my Droid 2 into an S3 today. I know the S4 is set to hit in June but I don't see any point in waiting for the next big thing because if I do that I'll just be doing it forever, and I could have used the upgrade.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Okay, so who here owns a tablet?

I'm interested in buying one, but I'm having difficulty deciding on which one to get. I could get an iPad and call it a day, but I know there are better options out there. Plus, I kind of want a tablet that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. As of now, I'm eyeing the Nexus 7. It's cheap and it's got good specs, but the fact that it doesn't allow extra space through the use of memory cards is kind of a turn off. It also doesn't support HD from what I read. :/. I don't want to buy one just yet because they'll probably announce a new one in the coming months. Are there better tablets out there?

Opinions? Thoughts?

D

Deleted member 36435

nexus 7 doesn't support hd? what is that even supposed to mean?

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
The Nexus 7 display has a resolution of 1280x800 with a pixel density of 216 ppi. While that does count as HD, it is still not full 1080p HD like most people would have hoped. But even still, Nexus 7 is probably the best tablet you'll get for that price. I don't own one myself because I don't even care for tablets so I don't really have any thoughts or opinions to offer on the subject.

Upgraded my Droid 2 into an S3 today. I know the S4 is set to hit in June but I don't see any point in waiting for the next big thing because if I do that I'll just be doing it forever, and I could have used the upgrade.

That's the reason why I just purchased myself a Nexus 4. I've been feeling the same way like I'll just be waiting forever.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Okay, so who here owns a tablet?

I'm interested in buying one, but I'm having difficulty deciding on which one to get. I could get an iPad and call it a day, but I know there are better options out there. Plus, I kind of want a tablet that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. As of now, I'm eyeing the Nexus 7. It's cheap and it's got good specs, but the fact that it doesn't allow extra space through the use of memory cards is kind of a turn off. It also doesn't support HD from what I read. :/. I don't want to buy one just yet because they'll probably announce a new one in the coming months. Are there better tablets out there?

Opinions? Thoughts?

I Own a nexus 7 and enjoy it very much. i use it for pretty much every thing. (i rarely ever touch my ipad2 anymore)
I have the 32GB and i havent ran out of space yet.... Then again i dont store every thing on it either. It more of a companion device if that make any sense. If you really want space get a external hard drive and a OTG cable then you can have as much space as you want. The Display is a HD display (1280x800 which is slightly above 720p)....

I did a review here

If you can hold out till June-ish I'm pretty sure that Google will announce a New Nexus Tablet (nexus7 successor) at Google I/O

Kagayaki

Awards
D

Deleted member 36435

As highlighted earlier, probably the best [budget] tablet is the Nexus 7.

Mastermind

Remember Me
Awards
I'm thinking about buying a tablet soon. I want this: Amazon.com: 7" Zeepad 7.0 Allwinnwer A13 Boxchip Cortex A8 Android 4.0, 4GB Capacity, 512 MB RAM, Multiple Touch Capactive screen, WIFI, Camera, Skype Video Calling, Netflix Movies.: Computers & Accessories I already have a laptop, which is my "main" tech thing for writing, drawing, browsing, etc. Do you think it would be any good? Oh, and I swore off of all Apple products.
Why swear off Apple products when they actually work wonderfully and have a fantastic selection of apps.

As for that tablet, it comes with a small amount of RAM and a small amount of storage. The reviews seem to indicate that it's a good buy, but I wouldn't. It is cheap, though. I'm with everyone else, though. If you want a good "cheap" tablet, then you can't go wrong with the Nexus 7. Once you get in the $500 range, then I'd start recommending Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back