• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Health Food Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Have you ever heard of a Persian melon?
I believe it's the same thing as cantaloupe. I do like it, but I haven't had it in a long time. You got to keep it refrigerated for like three days, or it'll go bad really quick.

Kagayaki

Awards
I went to Jersey Mike's for the first time, and I actually like it better than Jimmy John's. Most of the sandwiches can be made low fat, if you choose the toppings wisely.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Fruits: Strawberries.
Veggies: Cucumbers and Tomatoes.

I try to eat healthy when I can, but I'm not overly crazy about fruit or salads. Furthermore, I'll drink water with some of my meals, and I'm a huge fan of orange juice. I don't know if orange juice counts, because I hear mix things about it due to it having sugar in it. In the meantime, a few days ago I had half a turkey sub with mayo, tomato, and lettuce. Tastes so good when it's warm too. <3

And I've been eating toast and homemade english egg muffins.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Does anyone know any healthy dishes to make with black eyed peas?

a) salad
b) cake (I heard it goes perfect with coffee)
c) falafel-like balls to fry
d) curry

I don't really have any recipes though because I never tried that before.

I made super tasty vegetable-quiche today. <3

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I actually dig broccoli. Even plain and without cheese. They're great in Chinese food, too.

Kounelli

Awards
When it comes to healthy snacks, I love nuts and vegan soups (not salted). I munch on a lot of cashews and almonds during the morning hours and they really help me keep my energy up. As for soups, I hate meat in them so I go for the most vegetable based soups possible xD

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
When it comes to healthy snacks, I love nuts and vegan soups (not salted). I munch on a lot of cashews and almonds during the morning hours and they really help me keep my energy up. As for soups, I hate meat in them so I go for the most vegetable based soups possible xD

That's interesting. I prefer meats in my soups, but that's just me. Do you like noodles in your soup like chicken noodle soup?

Is chicken noodle soup even healthy?

Kounelli

Awards
Yeah I like noodles, noodles are great! :)
I'm not vegan or vegetarian, I have texture sensory issues and don't like the feel of meat unless it's like, in perfect slices or something similar. So because it tends to be chunky or rough in soups, I just can't eat it (it's the same with pizza and pasta for me, no meats!) :/

Although Chicken Noodle soup is advertised to be something good to eat while sick, it's actually not good for you because of sodium content. I think if you made your own soup though and limited the salt (or used sea or Himalayan pink salts) then it might be better.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Soup is good, the problem is that the canned shit you get is full of bad stuff, like Kounelli said.
If you make it yourself, it's a lot healthier though. It also saturates you longer and doesn't hydrate you because you probably wouldn't pour as much salt into it.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Soup is good, the problem is that the canned shit you get is full of bad stuff, like Kounelli said.
If you make it yourself, it's a lot healthier though. It also saturates you longer and doesn't hydrate you because you probably wouldn't pour as much salt into it.

I wonder how to make chicken noodle soup myself. Salt can dehydrate you fast. I am actually staying from soda for some time now, because I think that's probably part of how I got sick.

Kagayaki

Awards
I'll eat vegan food even though I'm not vegan. XD; I could basically live off of carrots. :3 I'm trying to buy as many organic things because I hate GMOs. But they're so expensive...

It's too bad that seedless grapes are basically a GMO. XD;

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'll eat vegan food even though I'm not vegan. XD; I could basically live off of carrots. :3 I'm trying to buy as many organic things because I hate GMOs. But they're so expensive...

It's too bad that seedless grapes are basically a GMO. XD;

Are they?
I dunno where you live, but our shop (I work in retail at an organic grocery store) sells seedless grapes. :( Even blue ones.

I wonder how to make chicken noodle soup myself. Salt can dehydrate you fast. I am actually staying from soda for some time now, because I think that's probably part of how I got sick.

I bet there's multiple ways, the most usual one is cooking chicken first in some stock and then adding vegetables and noodles later.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Are they?
I dunno where you live, but our shop (I work in retail at an organic grocery store) sells seedless grapes. :( Even blue ones.

I bet there's multiple ways, the most usual one is cooking chicken first in some stock and then adding vegetables and noodles later.

That might work out. I do feel better now.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
My old roommate made super good vegan food for me sometimes, I should ask for some recipes next time I see her. I love good salads and she made the best, even with simple ingredients. She also taught me how to cook chinese cabbage, and now I eat it basically every day. So good.

AuroraX

Awards
...*throws down some mad beets*

I like kale and I'm not gonna lie,
like to put it in pasta with lemon and lime,
mix that stuff up with tuna and it's hella fine.

I like kale and I'm not gonna lie.

Headin' on down to the grocery store (store!),
buy that kale up, they gotta restock for more (more!),
cook those greens nice and long,
make them hella soft.

I like kale! And I'm not gonna lie!

They might label me as super white,
but I can still put up a fight,
I wear leggings so I can kick real high.

Kale, the only greens I don't mind,
the others just don't taste that right,
in fact, I most only eat cheese...

But kale is an exception to me.

Word.

Kounelli

Awards
Haha, I triggered a memory after reading the word kale in your lyrics. I'm trying to eat more vegan type foods and wanted to get more veggies in my diet, so bought this lovely item from COSTCO
Needless to say, I tried, but couldn't get one sip down. To me, it tasted so gross I just couldn't look at this ever again x____x
suja-mighty-greens-2.jpg

Back