• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Health Food Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Haha, I triggered a memory after reading the word kale in your lyrics. I'm trying to eat more vegan type foods and wanted to get more veggies in my diet, so bought this lovely item from COSTCO
Needless to say, I tried, but couldn't get one sip down. To me, it tasted so gross I just couldn't look at this ever again x____x
suja-mighty-greens-2.jpg

I've always looked at these, but could never bring myself to get and try one. I want to start eating healthier myself, but I'm not so sure that this drink is going to help me get there lol.

AnnaBanana

Banned
I like bananas. There are also days when I really really crave for a salad. The secret to eating salads more often is find the right salad dressing for you. I usually get a bottle or two from Lou Malnatis - it is a sweet vinegrette with poppy seeds - then add some blue cheese crumbles and a little portion of bacon bits. If you are really not the salad type, try mashed everything - instead of mashed potatoes, try mashed carrots or mashed pumpkins - they are healthier than potatoes

Silenttuner

Vegetables and fruits are always healthy to eat. However , we also need to eat meat, pork and chicken to have a well balanced diet.

Kounelli

Awards
I'm not too sure about that, I know a couple of Vegans that have done very well for themselves and are very healthy despite not having meat in their diet. Our needed portions now for meat are honestly becoming less and less we probably won't be needing it too much in the future.

Not that it's a bad thing to eat meat, we are after all, omnivores, but I just don't agree with the notion that it's needed to have a well balanced diet.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
The only vitamin we can't properly get from fruits and vegetables is vitamin B12. But even that has substitutes. Where I work, we sell toothpaste with B12 in it. And you really don't need much of it so it's not a big loss.

So no, living vegan isn't a problem at all and we're fine without any meat, milk or eggs.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I can actually really respect the vegan lifestyle. I see people get so up in arms about it.
"How do you know if someone is a vegan. They'll tell you in five minutes"

Thing is, the only time I honestly hear about vegans is people saying that shit. I personally don't think I have it in me for that kind of lifestyle though. Kudos though.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I usually hear people bitching about vegans more loudly than vegans themselves, too.
Yeah to each their own, I couldn't do that, but I think it's cool that they have to many possibilities as of now like even restaurants and so on.

Kagayaki

Awards
Are they?
I dunno where you live, but our shop (I work in retail at an organic grocery store) sells seedless grapes.
I thought seedless grapes were just neutered by science. XD;

...*throws down some mad beets
That was such an incredibly lame pun. XD But still, I can eat kale as long as it's cooked. I do try it in salads, but it's just too bitter when it's raw. I like beets, especially pickled beets. I like them with Gorgonzola cheese.

I really want to try a salad with pears, Gorgonzola, and blueberries. A long time ago, I somehow swore off pears because I thought they felt yucky in my mouth, but I'm ready to try them again. If I don't like them, then maybe I can substitute them for apples instead.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I really want to try a salad with pears, Gorgonzola, and blueberries. A long time ago, I somehow swore off pears because I thought they felt yucky in my mouth, but I'm ready to try them again. If I don't like them, then maybe I can substitute them for apples instead.

I felt the same about pears for a long time. Nashi pears are more like apples though, maybe that's something for you?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Why did I never know this Thread existed.
Okay, I love apples, bananas, strawberries and... what was that weird English name for it? Right, cucumber.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Why did I never know this Thread existed.
Okay, I love apples, bananas, strawberries and... what was that weird English name for it? Right, cucumber.

GUUUUUUUUUUUUUURKE.

My roommate desperately wants to make brocolli casserole with sprouts in it, but her boyfriend doesn't want to. I can already see it turn into a fight. SPROUTS ARE SO GREAT THOUGH. D:

Muke

whatever
Awards
Tbh I think the German name is way more straightforward than the English one.
"Gurke"
"Cucumber"

Either way, they're awesome. <3

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Cucumbers are essential for tzatziki. So how could they not be great.
Also, cucumber salad with dill on it oh DAMN.

ungeon

i love apples! apples with peanut butter is just ... such of an amazing combination ... i can't stand berries though, the texture feels so strange in my mouth.

me and my family have been trying to get healthy and in tip-top shape as of late, and lately my dad has been recommending me to drink only water for a few weeks ... or months. i really hope it helps improve my focus / skin!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
i love apples! apples with peanut butter is just ... such of an amazing combination ... i can't stand berries though, the texture feels so strange in my mouth.

me and my family have been trying to get healthy and in tip-top shape as of late, and lately my dad has been recommending me to drink only water for a few weeks ... or months. i really hope it helps improve my focus / skin!

Apples with peanut butter? Interesting.

Yeah, drinking only water definitely helps. Stuff like coffee or tea is okay as well, but lemonade and such has soo much sugar in it...

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Green tea is also supposed to be really great for you. But what most people require is indeed water.
I try and only drink water for weekdays, and then maybe have a drink of something fizzy at weekends.

Problem for me though is when I go out nowadays, pints are involved regardless of the day of the week, which makes it hard to gauge the healthy factor there.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I drink a lot of water at work, but at home, I sadly forget about it way too often and then feel awful. :/

Muke

whatever
Awards
I only drink water, with the exception of Sunday, that's my "you can have ONE Ice Tea"-day.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Just made some avocado&broccoli pasta~ I've been trying to get used to whole grain pasta since it's healthier, but it just doesn't taste as good. With rice the difference isn't as big but with pasta... ugh. Maybe it's not worth it.

Back