• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Good Improvements of KH2, and the Bad.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DustySun

Let's compare the good and the bad of KH2 from KH. Ok, I like in KH2, you can see the items, you have a map, and the key blades are really cool looking, and how you can switch your party members anytime you want. What I DON'T like is that how Altanitica is all just singing in the second one, at least the first one you did some killing. Oh, I like the gummi ship alot more in the second one.

Last edited:

Jopari

Well, in KH2 the keyblades are so much cooler and they added drives. In the end I believe that the original is better though because even on proud mode KH2 provides very little difficulty. I finished KH2 in less than a day of actual game time, and at a much lower level. The KH2 final boss is easily defeated at levels in the 50s while Ansem in the original needed at least a 70s level for me. The other thing is the side quests were much easier in the first game rather than the fill the journal quest in the second.

I hope that KH3 is harder and longer in general.

Zangetsu

Live Life Like Its Your Last Day
Awards
Good Stuff

I loved how they added drive forms to take advantages of the battle field and own. The reaction combos help you beat many of the bosses easily. I love how the keyblade looked way better. The shortcut screen you could put items in it. How you could change party member when you wanted to.

Bad Stuff

How cure takes all of your magic away. The magic bar recharging. How the worlds were short and the bosses were too easy (i mean ALL of them). How roxas story was very short and didn't explain much about him. How they had the battle scenes like EX: Defeat all the nobodies i thought that was stupid and a waste of time. And all the SINGING!

xerox91

good stuff:

drive forms and new abilities and good view of the camera

bad stuff
cant fight sephiroth multi pull of times.for which is vary bad in kh2.

Duality

Good
- drive modes
- many new abilities
- quick menu includes items
- division of accessories/armor/etc.
- keyblades look better
- worlds are more authentic
- gummi ship (everything to do with it)
- customization of party is better than before
Bad
- summons
- easiness (proud or not)
- reaction command (although cool, made beating bosses/things too easy)
- magic (aside from reflect)
- tournaments (i dunno, old ones were cooler)

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Good:
-Better gameplay. Loved the new features. The one problem with the gameplay was the lack of difficulty, which has been fixed in Final Mix.
-Conclusion of story: Let's admit it, KH1 was a cliffhanger and CoM just confused us. KH2 not only unveiled many secrets, it reunited the characters and saved the world. If the series ended at KH2, while there would be plotholes, the story itself has been completed.
-Diversity: Gummi Ship, Minigames, etc.
-Enhanced graphics: Honestly, some of the high res facial expressions and animations were amazing for the PS2!
-Music: Maintained the series standard.

Bad:
-Pacing problems: One major problem was the pacing. While the story was outstanding, it suffered pacing, a lot of content was shoved into the begining, ending, and middle, leaving the Disney worlds feeling very secluded to the overall story, instead of inclusive to what else is happening in the main story arc.
-Level Design: Kh1 had much more "Pop up" worlds. While Kh2 has better graphics in design, the worlds are "flat" and have very few secrets within them exploration wise. It is impossible to get lost, or to go exploring, because everything is a straight path.

Haku

<3
Good:
Graphics were much more improved from the previous version.
Costumes were a lot more up to date.
Abilities there was a much more different variety of them to use.
Your magic gauge refilled after everything was gone.
Bad: The storyline was dragged from time to time.
Some of the missions were unnecessary.
The Cure magic used up all of your magic just after one use.
Too much back tracking through the worlds to find leftover items.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Good:
Organization 13 Battles-Axel,Xaldin,Xigbar,Demyx,Saix,Luxord,and Xehanort
Gummi Ship improvement-More space,and you can customize your ship a lot better
New Summons-Stitch,and Chicken Little
New Worlds-Port Royal,Pride Lands,Tron,Disney Castle,Mulan,The World That Never Was,and Twilight Town.
Drive Gauge-Final Form,Valor Form,Wisdom Form,Master Form,and Heartless Form.
New Keyblades-Gull Wing,Follow The Wind,and many more
1000 Heartless Battle-Whats not to like about it.
Mickey Usage-Mickey can help you fight in some battles.

Bad:
Organization 13 Battles-Luxord cheats,and Demyx can sometimes be hard to beat.
Gummi Ship-Whats the point of using the dash thing when you cant even use it in a battle.
Drive Guage-Sometimes you can get easily killed and you cant heal your self with some forms
1000 Heartless Battle-The Heartless dont really put up a fight and they only have 2 different types fighting you.
Mickey Usage-Its hard to heal yourself with the light power thing cause you get hurt.

mongoose300

Good:
Gameplay: A major improvement over the first in every way aside from difficulty.
Graphics: Some of the best for the ps2
Gummi ship: Do i have to explain myself?
music: All the music fit the world it was placed in.
Certain worlds: World that never was was my favorite world in the entire series because the story seemed to go into overdrive as soon as you got there.
Bosses and 1000 heartless battle: While not as challenging a lot of them seemed more epic.

Bad:
Challenge: way too easy.
Story: wasnt paced good.
Magic bar: while not bad i dont like the way it charges and some elements of the magic from the first game were better.
linear worlds: while going through the story there was almost no room for exploration.
Secret bosses: there were none except sephiroth who was kind of disappointing.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Good: Gameplay much faster, More finishing attacks, Gummi Ship

Bad: Drives too many of them, and they weren't needed half the time. They were mostly there for show.
Reaction commands just like Drives only for show made the game extra easy as it already was.
Storyline like monkeybutt said everything was a straight path then too many FMV's (many were not needed).
Maps okay they were just plain stupid I actually turned them off.
Bosses were way to easy only had a long health bar I mean all of them including Sephy.
Roxas part of the game didn't explain him well enough.
Lack of any nobodys until the end of the game, and middle( I actually liked them, but that's when they only appear).
Adding to the story part too many loop holes then unlike KH1 disney worlds weren't apart of the overall story itself.
Keyblades most were useless, and the designs were horrible on most IMO.
Atlantica the worst world in the bunch of them all that singing.
Pride Lands world has half-a**ed they could have done better
Overall difficulty was horrible the worlds were done with in like 30mins a piece probably less if you skip the FMV's

Yeah it was a bunch of bad things wrong with KH2.

Edit: The biggest let down of KH2 the 1000 heartless battle

Last edited:

Sexy Angel
Good:
+Better gameplay. Loved the new features. The one problem with the gameplay was the lack of difficulty, which has been fixed in Final Mix.
+Conclusion of story: Let's admit it, KH1 was a cliffhanger and CoM just confused us. KH2 not only unveiled many secrets, it reunited the characters and saved the world. If the series ended at KH2, while there would be plotholes, the story itself has been completed.
+Diversity: Gummi Ship, Minigames, etc.
+Enhanced graphics: Honestly, some of the high res facial expressions and animations were amazing for the PS2!
+Music: Maintained the series standard.
+ Drives
+ Magic: Better and stronger than the ones in the first game.

Bad:
Summons, too easy bosses, no limits designed for Sora alone, cure drains all of your magic.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
lot of excellent dtuff like the drives and abiliteis.
didnt like the reaction thing cuz i felt it made it too easy.
missed dodge roll but they added it in fm+.
biggest dissapntment was sephiroth. he pwned my ass many times in kh1. but i always got my revenge.
but in two i found him easieir to beat, i wanted him to be more difficult.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I wanted KH2 to have Atlantica having fighting and singing not singing alone because I loved the fighting in Atlantica in KH1. KH2 was WAY easier than KH1 which was lame...

Last edited:

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
tru that, the fightin was a'it. i just wanted to explore more of the city. it ws only two places of atlantica which was a bit crappy.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Good:
Drives
Reflect
Music
Graphics
Gameplay "Fun"
Roxas' Story
Reactions

Bad:
Summons
Disney worlds were flat + boring
Disney worlds got in the way of the main quest
No required timing on reactions
Button mashing
Needed more with Roxas

Sexy Angel
They were way better than the Kh1 ones, but they were still annoying.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
i just hateed that you had to complete them all 100% for the secret ending.
it was hard to do em all 100%.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
didnt like the coliseum battles not allowin you to level up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back