• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Fighting Game Thread: #scrubcentral 2.0

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Re: The Fighting Game Threat: #scrubcentral 2.0

Well, this is a nice thread. Though, as per forums like Shoryuken or Capcom-Unity, can we keep this thread to purely the gameplay aspect of fighting games. That means that when SFxT comes out, no babbling about what gender Poison is...it remains unconfirmed for a reason -__-

Back on topic, I just started fighting games a little bit back. I think they are incredibly fun, though I have yet to go to a tournament or an arcade to see how I match against random opponents. I have friends who have gone to NorCal Regionals and East Coast tourneys so I have fun playing with them sometimes, but I am nowhere near their level (one of them met Justin Wong but chickened out of versing him xP). The one thing to know about me is that I stick to an 90%-10% female-male ratio of who I play. That means, 9 out of 10 games will see me maining females. It helps me narrow down selection of characters not to mention I just enjoy playing females over males.

Anyways, let me register my games, etc:

KHI Username: kupo1121
Location: New Jersey, US (as much as I'll give, I don't like giving out specific towns)
PSN: Overdrive1121
XBL: N/A
GGPO: N/A

The games I have don't account to many as the fighting games I play I'm very picky about. My favorite thus far is SSF4, but I DO NOT have AE :( sorry, it didn't come with any females so why would I buy it? Just to verse Yun/Yang who are quite cheap? Once they patch it with ver.2012 I'll consider it...anyways:

SSF4 (Chun Li - if that wasn't obvious through my avatar/signature. I am a B rank, near B+~A but I'm incredibly rusty now as I haven't played in a while due to Final Fantasy XIII and traveling taking up my PS3 time)

MvC3 (As much as I enjoyed MvC3, it is slightly basic for me and I prefer SSF4 because it has more skill/execution to it as opposed to full combos with some uber characters like Wolverine/Akuma combo or Dark Phoenix)

Tekken 6 (Xiayou - barely played it but I wanted to try a 3D fighter and they aren't bad, but I prefer 2D overall)

SF3sOe (Chun Li - I just got it, and it is fun but I haven't played it much as finding an online match is horrendous. For anyone who has this though, I need to watch one replay with a friend so I have all the trophies. I don't go online much for this game as I did it once, got a 5 streak in ranked match and got off <_<)

Also, I will DEFINITELY be buying Street Fighter x Tekken. I enjoy SSF4 for it's level of execution and timing and also the guessing game that goes into knowing your opponent. I like MvC3 for its strong punish capabilities and long combos. The way I see it SFxT is a mix of both of those, and right now I am sure I will main Chun/Xiayou (if she is in it) and second Lili/Poison.

If anyone wants to play SSF4 soon I would love that because I am getting rusty and I want to practice Chun for New York Comic-con where I will get a chance to demo SFxT and since her moveset and many of her combos are the same, I'd love for some practice. Though, I'm EXTREMELY rusty lol (and never was any good in the first place xP) Just add me, and if I'm on just message me (because sometimes it will be my brother playing)

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Still without 3rd Strike :<

Not gonna get it for another 3 weeks unless someone finds it in their heart to gameshare it with me =D

I'm pretty surprised people play more SSF4 than Marvel. I feel like in SSF4 my inputs never come out for the combo I want, as opposed to MVC3 where it recognizes what I want when I want it. It's like I have to pull out 3 hadoukens and get hit 2 times before I can pull out Shinku Hadouken. Third Strike feels a lot more comfortable to me. Probably just me taking a liking to MVC3's simpler mechanics.

I think MvC3 is a lot of chaos with no real basic fundamentals in the fighting mechanics and the characters themselves, this is coming for a super scrub fightah gamer though. .-.

Plus, I personally have had very little problems with playing SSF4 online.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~

I'm pretty surprised people play more SSF4 than Marvel. I feel like in SSF4 my inputs never come out for the combo I want, as opposed to MVC3 where it recognizes what I want when I want it. It's like I have to pull out 3 hadoukens and get hit 2 times before I can pull out Shinku Hadouken. Third Strike feels a lot more comfortable to me. Probably just me taking a liking to MVC3's simpler mechanics.

For me is the complete opposite. I digress...i am Super scrub like i said so i really don't know. If anyone is feeling like playing a few matches on SSF4 then send me a msg on ps3.

I played a few matches with Crusher and we had almost no lag at all. (i think) He didn't play with his main though...

kupo1121

Awards

I think MvC3 is a lot of chaos with no real basic fundamentals in the fighting mechanics and the characters themselves, this is coming for a super scrub fightah gamer though. .-.

I partially agree to an extent...but MvC3 does have some basic fundamentals to it...like any fighting game does.

Also, sora4sky, I messaged you on PSN. I'll play SSF4 with you if you want :)

kupo1121

Awards

if you call that fundamentals, then yeah

yes...yes I do lmao That and the fact that you should have a grasp on assists, tags, etc. that is also basic fundamentals.

EDIT: Good games so far btw lol...I'll stick to my Rose, Sakura, Juri, and Cammy from now on and avoid using Chun just yet xP

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Nobody else plays BB.

So sad.

You guys would be getting so many free wins against me ;-;

kupo1121

Awards

Nobody else plays BB.

So sad.

I like Blazblue...it isn't bad...I mained Litchi...cause she is a wo-MAN...but still...I liked the game, but not enough to get it lol...sorry. If I ever do get one...I'd play Litchi and Platinum the Trinity (I play it at my friends house occasionally along with Mortal Kombat where Kitana is FTW)

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Eeh, BB is cool but I never bought it.

EDIT: Good games so far btw lol...I'll stick to my Rose, Sakura, Juri, and Cammy from now on and avoid using Chun just yet xP

Sorry I left, my head was hurting because I hadn't eaten anything.

kupo1121

Awards

Sorry I left, my head was hurting because I hadn't eaten anything.

It's Okay lol...but my warning is that I will most likely be playing Final Fantasy XIII for a majority of the time I'm on...but considering I'm extra hyped for SFxT I will start getting on SSF4 more often lol...just let me know if you want to play (I need to practice my Chun and Rose)

We had some good matches huh? and kupo bodied me with his chun.

I'll leave the bodying to Zangief, T.Hawk, and Honda, who literally throw their body at you lol xP I'm still rusty with Chun, but I won't use her when we fight as she isn't the only person I'm rusty with lol. I told you who I'll stick to form now on and I hope you added my friend Sonic because he likes to do endless sometimes as well. One of these days we gotta do MvC3 :)

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

It's Okay lol...but my warning is that I will most likely be playing Final Fantasy XIII for a majority of the time I'm on...but considering I'm extra hyped for SFxT I will start getting on SSF4 more often lol...just let me know if you want to play (I need to practice my Chun and Rose)

YOU need to practice? You pretty much stomped the floor with everyone. I want to say I'm a bit rusty since I haven't played SSFIV in a good while and that I had been maining Yang beforehand but I suck either way.

sora4sky

I'll leave the bodying to Zangief, T.Hawk, and Honda, who literally throw their body at you lol xP I'm still rusty with Chun, but I won't use her when we fight as she isn't the only person I'm rusty with lol. I told you who I'll stick to form now on and I hope you added my friend Sonic because he likes to do endless sometimes as well. One of these days we gotta do MvC3 :)

Hahaha, don't forget El Fuerte. :p LoL i want to see your best Chun. I love seeing Chuns in action :p

Yeah, i added him and we played a match after you left and talked a little. Told me about your little rivalry with Chun - Ibuki and Rose - Sakura ;)

Marvel huh? okay but tell me 1 week earlier so i can practice to not get P'd xD

Also anyone had any lag against me and how many bars i had?

kupo1121

Awards

YOU need to practice? You pretty much stomped the floor with everyone. I want to say I'm a bit rusty since I haven't played SSFIV in a good while and that I had been maining Yang beforehand but I suck either way.

Sorry I didn't have AE. I know my friend Sonic has it too and he wants to use either Yun or Yang against me (I forgot which one it was -.-). Also, I first got this game when SF4 first came out, and even though it was my first fighting game I was really hooked lol, so don't blame yourself. Just now, practice makes perfect (or close to it) and every match you win, you gain more PP, every match you lose, you gain more experience.

Hahaha, don't forget El Fuerte. :p LoL i want to see your best Chun. I love seeing Chuns in action :p

Yeah, i added him and we played a match after you left and talked a little. Told me about your little rivalry with Chun - Ibuki and Rose - Sakura ;)

Marvel huh? okay but tell me 1 week earlier so i can practice to not get P'd xD

Also anyone had any lag against me and how many bars i had?

How could I forget El Fuerte!!! I feel so shamed lmao xP Also, will do. I'll try to hone my skills and get better. I also love watching Chun's. Why, I'm not sure, I just find it fun to see a really good poking game. That is what I have to practice, I have completely forgot her hitboxes (I don't really memorize frame data too much) and poking is big on hitboxes lol xP

Me and Sonic have had a rivalry for sometime lol, it just goes back and forth between us with our Chun/Ibuki and Rose/Sakura feuds lol good times...GOOD TIMES! :)

Lastly, have no fear, me and Sonic barely play MvC3 so we will be extremely bad as well ;D

As for your lag...you had a yellow for me with around 2 bars usually. However, I barely felt any lag like I had though I would feel :)

sora4sky

Sorry I didn't have AE. I know my friend Sonic has it too and he wants to use either Yun or Yang against me (I forgot which one it was -.-). Also, I first got this game when SF4 first came out, and even though it was my first fighting game I was really hooked lol, so don't blame yourself. Just now, practice makes perfect (or close to it) and every match you win, you gain more PP, every match you lose, you gain more experience.

True, true.

How could I forget El Fuerte!!! I feel so shamed lmao xP Also, will do. I'll try to hone my skills and get better. I also love watching Chun's. Why, I'm not sure, I just find it fun to see a really good poking game. That is what I have to practice, I have completely forgot her hitboxes (I don't really memorize frame data too much) and poking is big on hitboxes lol xP

Me and Sonic have had a rivalry for sometime lol, it just goes back and forth between us with our Chun/Ibuki and Rose/Sakura feuds lol good times...GOOD TIMES! :)

Lastly, have no fear, me and Sonic barely play MvC3 so we will be extremely bad as well ;D

As for your lag...you had a yellow for me with around 2 bars usually. However, I barely felt any lag like I had though I would feel :)

Lmao, Super-Dynamic-Cooking Time! xD I need to learn more match-ups and practice my mic ups a lot. I almost never get Chuns, Roses or Ibukis so i have like zero exp. I always find Yuns, Ryus, Onis and Yangs.

Oh that's good. I feel a little better. :p

Same for me...i didn't feel any lag at all and everyone had 2 bars.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards

the only reason we don't play marvel here is because the lag is excruciating and the ps3 version has all kinds of bonked up problems but namely, it drops inputs

ultimate announcement don't help either since most people don't want to continue playing a game that will undoubtedly change severely in a few months (unless you play in an irl marvel tournament scene, but i'm fairly sure none of us do)

I'm pretty surprised people play more SSF4 than Marvel. I feel like in SSF4 my inputs never come out for the combo I want, as opposed to MVC3 where it recognizes what I want when I want it
that's because every move in marvel does like bonkloads of hitstun to the extent that everything is a chain combo (read: easy) until hitstun reduction kicks in, to which they become links; on the contrary sf4 is all about links so everything you do is highly likely to fail severely

Nobody else plays BB.

So sad.

that's because blazblue is bonking playskool "my first anime fighter"

even eternal fighter zero is more hardcore than blazblue imo

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

ufuu.gif

kupo1121

Awards

the only reason we don't play marvel here is because the lag is excruciating and the ps3 version has all kinds of bonked up problems but namely, it drops inputs

I don't think the PS3 has a lot of problems that the 360 doesn't have, it just has a slightly worse online system like most PS3 games have compared to the 360's (the 360's has to be the best online service, you get what you pay for ;D). Also, unlike SF4, Marvel is a game that can be successful when you button-mash. I dislike games like that as it lessens skill. Lastly, and perhaps the biggest problem I have with Marvel is the fact that in tourneys only certain characters can win. In SF4, I've seen some great Roses (Luffy) who even beat Daigo's Ryu. I've seen great Gens, Makotos, Ibukis, Fuertes, and a pretty much everyone else (minus Dan and Hakan, the only good ones I see are online). That doesn't happen in MvC3. Now in MvC3 there are slightly more characters to choose from, but having a team that doesn't have at least one of the following (Phoenix/Sentinel/Magneto/Wolverine/Akuma/She-Hulk/Tron/Wesker/Dante/Storm) is almost unheard of. I don't like that as if you noticed when the game first came out, every major team had She-Hulk, now most have Phoenix, the game is way to unbalanced to be fun because competitively, you can't really use a team of characters you like and expect to win online or in tourneys as everyone flocks to those characters previously mentioned.

ultimate announcement don't help either since most people don't want to continue playing a game that will undoubtedly change severely in a few months (unless you play in an irl marvel tournament scene, but i'm fairly sure none of us do)

that's because every move in marvel does like bonkloads of hitstun to the extent that everything is a chain combo (read: easy) until hitstun reduction kicks in, to which they become links; on the contrary sf4 is all about links so everything you do is highly likely to fail severely

This is also a problem. Every time you get in SF4, you wince because you know a portion of your life just went away, in MvC3, everytime you get hit a little piece of you dies inside because every hit can start a full combo that can easily kill almost any character O__o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back