• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Fighting Game Thread: #scrubcentral 2.0

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
Re: The Fighting Game Threat: #scrubcentral 2.0

I don't think the PS3 has a lot of problems that the 360 doesn't have, it just has a slightly worse online system
no dude, there's a really big input difference playing on ps3 vs 360; 360 isn't arcade perfect but it's close, pc is alleged to be arcade perfect because taito type x2 is basically a pc, and the ps3 has some issues with dropped/slower input. the standard here in az is 360 for just about everything except bbcs2 because of this.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

no dude, there's a really big input difference playing on ps3 vs 360; 360 isn't arcade perfect but it's close, pc is alleged to be arcade perfect because taito type x2 is basically a pc, and the ps3 has some issues with dropped/slower input. the standard here in az is 360 for just about everything except bbcs2 because of this.

The input lag also happened in the PS3 version of MvC2 and SF3Oe I believe. Capcom patched them all over here though, and when I play at my house on the PS3, and at my friend's house on the 360, it is the same pretty much to me. The only different is online there is lag because that is just normal online lag xP

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~

I've seen some great Roses (Luffy) who even beat Daigo's Ryu. I've seen great Gens, Makotos, Ibukis, Fuertes, and a pretty much everyone else (minus Dan and Hakan, the only good ones I see are online).

Oh really?

After taking a look at my recent videos on SSF4 i noticed i played against a lot good Kens and Ryus.

I only battled Fuerte one time. I found one Gen and he was really good(in my opinion and exp.)

I played Juri two times and Blanka another two. Juri players weren't that good but blanks players were really good.

Oh and i remembered that i played a Japanese Chun one time and won. Japanese players can be REALLY patient. We almost got two time overs.

Also about input lag on Marvel you're talking...i really don't have a clue cause i haven't played on 360 but i noticed it on SSF4

kupo1121

Awards

Oh really?

After taking a look at my recent videos on SSF4 i noticed i played against a lot good Kens and Ryus.

I only battled Fuerte one time. I found one Gen and he was really good(in my opinion and exp.)

I played Juri two times and Blanka another two. Juri players weren't that good but blanks players were really good.

Oh and i remembered that i played a Japanese Chun one time and won. Japanese players can be REALLY patient. We almost got two time overs.

Also about input lag on Marvel you're talking...i really don't have a clue cause i haven't played on 360 but i noticed it on SSF4

Kens and Ryus are everywhere online for the most part. They always have been and they always will. I don't mind them as I understand they are the basic characters people go for, and for that reason I tend to view most Ryus and Kens as noob characters unless that Ryu/Ken shows me some advanced stuff. That is probably just me being biased after all the noob ones I've seen in Ranked that don't know to not throw a Hadouken when Chun has her Hosenka.

I've met a decent number of Fuertes online through various modes (ranked, player, endless, etc.) though I can't recall meeting any really good ones that beat my Chun :( As or Gen, I know I've versed some, but I don't recall the victor of the match or how either of us played.

Juri's are very difficult to play, and are almost never great online because Juri is a character that requires a lot of baiting and mix-ups, and in order to bait successfully you need to know the character you are up against and how the player uses them. In ranked, when you are paired with a random person, you can't possibly know how they play immediately, so she is a difficult character to use in my opinion (that doesn't mean she isn't fun xP). I find Blanka's very annoying as for the most part, if you are a good Blanka, you play like every other good Blanka, and that requires a lot of cross-ups with his ball. Blankas were never my strong point nor my weak one either, I just haven't versed one in a while.

I wouldn't say that Japanese players a patient as some characters that play pressure tactics can't wait it out like that. However, Chun, considering she is a footsies character, turtles and stays at a distance for most of the battle, so I don't know if it was that Japanese player or just how they played Chun.

Lastly, there was never any input lag for SSF4 on the PS3 that I knew of or ever experienced.

sora4sky

Kens and Ryus are everywhere online for the most part. They always have been and they always will. I don't mind them as I understand they are the basic characters people go for, and for that reason I tend to view most Ryus and Kens as noob characters unless that Ryu/Ken shows me some advanced stuff. That is probably just me being biased after all the noob ones I've seen in Ranked that don't know to not throw a Hadouken when Chun has her Hosenka.

Agreed. I never really thought about it cause i play Ken as well but i fully understand that he is a basic character, unfortunately i can't play other characters so i always try my best and i go for swim or sink situations(if i can call them that) or for the basic Ken combos.

I've met a decent number of Fuertes online through various modes (ranked, player, endless, etc.) though I can't recall meeting any really good ones that beat my Chun :( As or Gen, I know I've versed some, but I don't recall the victor of the match or how either of us played.

The one Gen i met finished me with one huge combo lol

Juri's are very difficult to play, and are almost never great online because Juri is a character that requires a lot of baiting and mix-ups, and in order to bait successfully you need to know the character you are up against and how the player uses them. In ranked, when you are paired with a random person, you can't possibly know how they play immediately, so she is a difficult character to use in my opinion (that doesn't mean she isn't fun xP). I find Blanka's very annoying as for the most part, if you are a good Blanka, you play like every other good Blanka, and that requires a lot of cross-ups with his ball. Blankas were never my strong point nor my weak one either, I just haven't versed one in a while.

Yeah Blankas are really annoying and i really don't know how to tackle them. I usually go with the God step but i don't have anything else. Hadoukens are going over them and i get punish everytime with their sliding. Jumps are...well you know and i haven't figured how to block their mix-ups. You can say that they are my worst enemies along with Guiles.

I wouldn't say that Japanese players a patient as some characters that play pressure tactics can't wait it out like that. However, Chun, considering she is a footsies character, turtles and stays at a distance for most of the battle, so I don't know if it was that Japanese player or just how they played Chun.

Lastly, there was never any input lag for SSF4 on the PS3 that I knew of or ever experienced.

Hmm, well he always had some distance and always crouching waiting for me to come in. Everytime i did he punished me so i went with hadoukens cause he had kikosho as ultra.

Maybe it was me then about the input lag? Hmm anyway it doesn't matter. =)

kupo1121

Awards

You know, I can't really help you with your Blanka dilemma because Ken is so different from Chun and they go about facing him in different ways. The way I try to fight Blankas are to use pressure tactics and then attempt to bait out their punishable moves once I'm in close (slide, electricity). Sometimes though, I'll wait till there is a good spot and when they do their ball, upon block I can Hosenka them on their return. I've seen Kens master timing down to Shoryuken them out of the ball.

sora4sky

You know, I can't really help you with your Blanka dilemma because Ken is so different from Chun and they go about facing him in different ways. The way I try to fight Blankas are to use pressure tactics and then attempt to bait out their punishable moves once I'm in close (slide, electricity). Sometimes though, I'll wait till there is a good spot and when they do their ball, upon block I can Hosenka them on their return. I've seen Kens master timing down to Shoryuken them out of the ball.

Yeah true our chars play different against Blankas.

The bold one...yeah, can't do that yet. xD lol But i punished two times with my shinryuken. Well it was a full screen ball.

kupo1121

Awards

Yeah true our chars play different against Blankas.

The bold one...yeah, can't do that yet. xD lol But i punished two times with my shinryuken. Well it was a full screen ball.

Honestly, there are many great tutorials on how to punish various characters with a bunch of characters online. Just search some things up like "Street Fighter 4 Ken punish Blanka" or something along those lines and you are bound to come up with something.

sora4sky

Honestly, there are many great tutorials on how to punish various characters with a bunch of characters online. Just search some things up like "Street Fighter 4 Ken punish Blanka" or something along those lines and you are bound to come up with something.

Okay, thanks dude! ;)

I will be online training on SSF4 if anyone is up for some matches...knows where to find me.

kupo1121

Awards

Okay, thanks dude! ;)

I will be online training on SSF4 if anyone is up for some matches...knows where to find me.

We knew where to find you lol. That was fun, how many friends did we eventually find? Like 6 xP We should all do that again sometime. Sadly, my Chun can't verse Zeno's Yun as I don't have AE. I'm glad retro and Zeno joined, they gave my Chun a run for her thigh fat (retro and me still have a 1-1 record against one another xP)

sora4sky

We knew where to find you lol. That was fun, how many friends did we eventually find? Like 6 xP We should all do that again sometime. Sadly, my Chun can't verse Zeno's Yun as I don't have AE. I'm glad retro and Zeno joined, they gave my Chun a run for her thigh fat (retro and me still have a 1-1 record against one another xP)

lol yeah...fun times. The random fights were so funny. I was like okay how the HELL you do the ultra with Guy and i got my worst enemy after you left, Blanka. Zeno got Zangief. xD

I got Ibuki afterwards and after that i got Ken :D but Sonic left and we had to restart the match xD

Zeno and retro played a really good Akuma vs Oni match. ;)

kupo1121

Awards

lol yeah...fun times. The random fights were so funny. I was like okay how the HELL you do the ultra with Guy and i got my worst enemy after you left, Blanka. Zeno got Zangief. xD

I got Ibuki afterwards and after that i got Ken :D but Sonic left and we had to restart the match xD

Zeno and retro played a really good Akuma vs Oni match. ;)

Sounds fun...which one of Guy's ultras? You can see them obviously in the commands section from the main menu xP

sora4sky

Sounds fun...which one of Guy's ultras? You can see them obviously in the commands section from the main menu xP

I had the 2nd ultra. xD

Also a question...3rd strike comes after SSF4? i mean story, technique wise.

kupo1121

Awards

I had the 2nd ultra. xD

Also a question...3rd strike comes after SSF4? i mean story, technique wise.

Yes, 3rd Strike I believe is the most recent game story line wise (Street Fighter x Tekken takes place in an alternate dimension and thus isn't canon)

sora4sky

Yes, 3rd Strike I believe is the most recent game story line wise (Street Fighter x Tekken takes place in an alternate dimension and thus isn't canon)

Thought so...did i tell you that i hate blankas AND VEGAS? Played some ranked matches yesterday and i almost beat Vega but his constant annoying jumps got the best of me. Blanka on the other hand destroyed me...never had a chance. Well he was a great player 22nd in battle exp.

Is stick hard to learn? I don't know cause i never tried it and i am so used to pad right now that i don't think i can change even if someone gave me a stick.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
It's not really difficult to learn. It's just difficult to get used to. Your muscle memory needs to relearn everything and your ability to react properly to situations is impaired until it's comfortable.

kupo1121

Awards
It depends how well acclimated you are to pad. If you are really used to pad by now, then switching to a stick will take longer (but no doubt you will get the hang of it within a month or two at the most). For me, I read about fightsticks being easier if you use them for the start, so I switched to a fightstick roughly 3 weeks after starting fighting games. So for me, fightsticks are infinitely easier to use lol xP

sora4sky

It depends how well acclimated you are to pad. If you are really used to pad by now, then switching to a stick will take longer (but no doubt you will get the hang of it within a month or two at the most). For me, I read about fightsticks being easier if you use them for the start, so I switched to a fightstick roughly 3 weeks after starting fighting games. So for me, fightsticks are infinitely easier to use lol xP

Yeah, i understand what you're saying. I played on a stick when i went to stores with arcade games but funny enough they didn't have fighting games. xD

Soccer games, Golden Axe <3 :D

I am pretty sure that i won't like playing on a stick. I mean i can't even play on the analog even if it's not really the same thing. The pad i use is the regular PS3 pad.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Don't worry about not being able to use the analog stick well. That thing is absolutely terrible (at least on PS3). An actual arcade stick is infinitely better.

On a Dualshock, the pad is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back